Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Turbine LOVES the renown exploit (Read 32353 times)
skitz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Turbine LOVES the renown exploit
Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
This exploit isn't going away for one simple reason. That reason is cash$$$. They have known that this thing has been broke for months and it is easily fixed. But they haven't fixed it. If you think about it there is only one reason why not. They want more guilds buying the biggest ships and all the buffs. That is pure profit for them. For all the buffs at lvl 150 and the biggest ship. That costs somewhere around 7k-8k shards (i dont remember the exact number) or some expensive shit close to that. So you will see many guilds that were created when this came out to the public and they are now level 120 to 150 or so.(depending when they found out). Getting 2-3 lvls a day grinding in upper necro is fun shit. But easier than questing. So if anyone is mad about it blame turdbine for being greedy. Im not hating on it. Actually i am encouraging it. I want to see a 3 month old guild get to 200 before guilds that were lvl 100 years ago. I wanna see the crybaby backlash that comes from it. Its going to be the shit. I have seen a few guilds that are getting close. So get ready for the storm of hate thats on the way. And remember, turbine needs the cash so thats why its been around so long. Dont get mad at the new guilds, get mad at turbine.

(For those of you who dont know for some reason, what you do is get all the tome pages or shield fragments put into the frame to make it complete. Then drop the frame into the new bag tab. Now its empty but still complete. So you can turn it in over and over for renown if you are lvl 10-17. If higher than lvl17 renown isnt on the list)

IP Logged

JuKiKa
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Turbine LOVES the renown exploit
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
The fact they did Bonus Points, Double Daily Dice and Otto's Boxes in one weekend wasn't enough of a give away for you?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
This message is a marketing ploy from a turbine employee. Youre not fooling anyone, Jerry

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
the renown glitch is actually listed as one of the features of necro 4 pack on ddo store

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #4 - Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
skitz wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:15pm:
This exploit isn't going away for one simple reason. That reason is cash$$$. They have known that this thing has been broke for months and it is easily fixed. But they haven't fixed it. If you think about it there is only one reason why not. They want more guilds buying the biggest ships and all the buffs. That is pure profit for them. For all the buffs at lvl 150 and the biggest ship. That costs somewhere around 7k-8k shards (i dont remember the exact number) or some expensive shit close to that. So you will see many guilds that were created when this came out to the public and they are now level 120 to 150 or so.(depending when they found out). Getting 2-3 lvls a day grinding in upper necro is fun shit. But easier than questing. So if anyone is mad about it blame turdbine for being greedy. Im not hating on it. Actually i am encouraging it. I want to see a 3 month old guild get to 200 before guilds that were lvl 100 years ago. I wanna see the crybaby backlash that comes from it. Its going to be the shit. I have seen a few guilds that are getting close. So get ready for the storm of hate thats on the way. And remember, turbine needs the cash so thats why its been around so long. Dont get mad at the new guilds, get mad at turbine.

(For those of you who dont know for some reason, what you do is get all the tome pages or shield fragments put into the frame to make it complete. Then drop the frame into the new bag tab. Now its empty but still complete. So you can turn it in over and over for renown if you are lvl 10-17. If higher than lvl17 renown isnt on the list)

It's a pretty slow boat to level that way - no pun intended.
And you'll probably get the account used banned due to the paladins camped there.
There's also more thru traffic with Epic Orchard than there used to be.    Undecided

IP Logged

skitz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 12:09am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:37pm:
It's a pretty slow boat to level that way - no pun intended.
And you'll probably get the account used banned due to the paladins camped there.
There's also more thru traffic with Epic Orchard than there used to be.    Undecided

Wrong. I know 2 guild that didnt even exist that are over 120. Ones 120 something and one was 151 2 days ago. So most likely 155 now. And ive seen people out there doing it still. The last time i was on a guild that was 120 ive never even seen was doing it. So dont worry about getting banned. I know a guy that has around 100 million renown on one toon. Hes never been banned. Turdbine doesnt give a shit. Im not trying to get people in trouble. Im just trying to tell you that its pretty safe. And they dont care. And that the only way you would get in trouble is by people reporting you. But only cowards will do that shit to ya. Most people like me wont give two shits about it and use the npc right next to you. Just look for a first life iconic with a 200% guild pot that has only lost 1 min on it. Then you know that they are just doing the same shit as you and wont turn you in.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #6 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 1:05am
Print Post  
skitz wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 12:09am:
Just look for a first life iconic with a 200% guild pot that has only lost 1 min on it. Then you know that they are just doing the same shit as you and wont turn you in.

Clever paladin. Tricksy paladin.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #7 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Guild level doesn't mean shit since decay was changed not to depend on account size two years ago.
Why would people care or even buy renown pots and shit is beyond me.
But if Turbine is making profit from it, good for them.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #8 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 2:30am
Print Post  
BLABLABLABLA... Getting 2-3 lvls a day grinding in upper necro is fun shit. But easier than questing.

There is quest turn in ransack (guild xp ransack) limit 1 / day, you cannot reach 2-3 levels in a day just by using necro stuff. Its 1/ day + the other exploit with sagas that no longer work  Wink

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 2:54am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 2:30am:
There is quest turn in ransack (guild xp ransack) limit 1 / day, you cannot reach 2-3 levels in a day just by using necro stuff.

No

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Ra
DQ Assaulter

yawn

Reply #10 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Because there was never a shard exploit and Turbine is making a lot of money off this.

DIAF

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #11 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 3:35am
Print Post  
it's obvious they have changed their mind when it comes to Renown exploit...

a Few years ago they would have stomped it ASAP... and used Exxxxxtreme Prejudice on the exploiters...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #12 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 3:50am
Print Post  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #13 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 4:27am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 2:30am:
There is quest turn in ransack (guild xp ransack) limit 1 / day, you cannot reach 2-3 levels in a day just by using necro stuff. Its 1/ day + the other exploit with sagas that no longer work  Wink

Actually you can, I did it.
The only person that got banned is me, and thats because I have a lot of fans.  Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2014 at 4:29am by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 5:47am
Print Post  

There is one major flaw in your otherwise awesome theory.
AS ships require level 1 guild.
You need guild levels for amenities indeed. But there are 8 amenities which require guild level 100 or more (upgrades to guild bank and to elemental shrines (extra elemental absorption)).

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #15 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 6:52am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:31pm:
the renown glitch is actually listed as one of the features of necro 4 pack on ddo store

Also pretty sure I saw it as a loading screen tip.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

S
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 9:02am
Print Post  
JuKiKa wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:18pm:
The fact they did Bonus Points, Double Daily Dice and Otto's Boxes in one weekend wasn't enough of a give away for you?

Not to mention that they put Otto boxes up for sale like one week after Sasha released an exp-token exploit to the public. And has re-released them with double Daily Dice...once or twice a month? since then.....

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #17 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 9:25am
Print Post  
S wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 9:02am:
Not to mention that they put Otto boxes up for sale like one week after Sasha released an exp-token exploit to the public. And has re-released them with double Daily Dice...once or twice a month? since then.....

If they release Epic Ottos again,  they'll get more money from me. I've been trying to trade a heroic stone for an epic with no success (Ghallanda.)  Were they on sale,  I'd buy one and I don't currently have enough points for the box w/o buying more.

IP Logged

scythes
Dragon Raider

Vereor Messor

Reply #18 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 9:40am
Print Post  
i agree with op,ddo has to keep the server up somehow

IP Logged

Residue
Korthos Resident

down trodden, with the
rest of you refuse

Reply #19 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Also of note, they are probably making some cash on renown pots as well.  Tin foil hat on, I haven't seen a renown pot drop from daily dice (silver) in over 3 months, and I used to get them from time to time that way.

Even if they don't have the resources to fix the problem, they could have easily turned of those npc's temporarily as they did with the saga turn ins.  It's obvious why they haven't done so.  And if it helps keep the lights on and feed the shareholders, i'm all for it.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #20 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 10:46am
Print Post  
From silver, I dont think I ever got renown pot, from gold it drops like candy.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #21 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 11:23am
Print Post  
I still don't get the point of this as:
1) A Brand new Guild of 6 members can run every saga, buy sup pots and go from 1-66 {not counting all the renown they got from each quest}.

2) A Lvl 50 Guild can do the above 3 times and pass lvl 100.

3) I've been keeping two forum threads going for Cannith and Sarlona Guilds and have really not noticed all these supposed 150+ Guilds appearing from nowhere.

Cannith has exactly 5 Guilds currently over Lvl 150 {4 of whom were very well known Lvl 100 Guilds prior to the Guild Level Update}.

Sarlona {although I've not been able to be as meticulous with logging Guild Level changes there} has 7 {2 of whom are Lvl 199/200, 4-5 of whom were well known Lvl 100 Guilds prior to the update}.

Oh and there's currently 11 Sagas.
x that by 6 Players on Sup Pots
And you've got 15 million Renown from a single run through.

Why take the chance on a "possible" exploit when Renown is this easy to get?

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #22 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 11:30am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 11:23am:
I still don't get the point of this as:
1) A Brand new Guild of 6 members can run every saga, buy sup pots and go from 1-66 {not counting all the renown they got from each quest}.

Irrelevant!
Quote:
2) A Lvl 50 Guild can do the above 3 times and pass lvl 100.

Also Irrelevant!
Quote:
3) I've been keeping two forum threads going for Cannith and Sarlona Guilds and have really not noticed all these supposed 150+ Guilds appearing from nowhere.

I'm sure you can find the problem with this one!
Quote:
Cannith has exactly 5 Guilds currently over Lvl 150 {4 of whom were very well known Lvl 100 Guilds prior to the Guild Level Update}.

Cannith has like 20 players total.
This is why no one cared that you were replaced by a potted plant!

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #23 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Because, first you have to get 6 players in a guild that are active, then you all have to play at the same time, then you all have to neglect xp from sagas which is pretty great, then you have to get gr pots either from running challenges or from store.
Also, you have to spend shit load of tp if you want to get all the sagas.
Do you really think people would be advertising their guild that was 50 last month, now is 150?
Not suspicious at all.
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2014 at 11:32am by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #24 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Ah fuck, this is fran, didnt see.
Wasted 1 min on explaining.

IP Logged