Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Turbine LOVES the renown exploit (Read 32408 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Turbine LOVES the renown exploit
Reply #25 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Allow me to entertain as the devil's advocate here.

Viktor Vaughn wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 11:31am:
first you have to get 6 players in a guild that are active, then you all have to play at the same time

6 active isnt that much of a hurdle. They do not have to play at the same time so long as they are completing sagas. even if not in guild pugs.

neglect xp from sagas

trivial. And otto reuse if pressed.

gr pots either from running challenges

passed to guildies from dupe reserves. These features are harder to spot than standing in front of necro turn in npc for an hour.

tp if you want to get all the sagas.

not true. Low level quests from sagas can be done while leveling if desired.

Fran, I applaud your diligence in not only documenting, but upholding the community's interests against the trolling barrage of forum users hellbent on toppling the unsoiled names of these guilds found to be in good standing by the people. Kudos, sir. Carry on.

« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2014 at 11:50am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #26 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
1m xp is trivial.
Ok.  Cheesy

IP Logged

MurderHobo1
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
I do not really understand the attention given to guild level. Ship buffs all aside, it is not like your guild level is a mark of your skill at this game... what it actually is; is a marker of how much 'time' you have wasted on said game... Guild level is a time/attention sink. The most unskilled players can reach 200.

Remember, the best exploits are the ones that allow you to cut out the time sinks/grinding and just get to play the game and have fun.

But, FYI, even if you earn your new guild colors the hard way, people will still send you tells telling you that you are a filthy cheater and other douchbaggery simply because, at heart, most humans are jealous assholes. IMO/experience, not really worth giving it any attention.. hell, it levels up even when not giving it attention...

You want real ranking system that matters... How about a log of EE completions by guild or even raid completions, % of completionists in guild. I dunno, maybe something that represents skill... 

OP is right though, this is not changing soon because they are making money off of it.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #28 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Getting past lives represents skill? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #29 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
skitz wrote on Oct 13th, 2014 at 11:15pm:
his exploit isn't going away for one simple reason. That reason is cash$$$. They have known that this thing has been broke for months and it is easily fixed. But they haven't fixed it. If you think about it there is only one reason why not. They want more guilds buying the biggest ships and all the buffs. That is pure profit for them. For all the buffs at lvl 150 and the biggest ship. That costs somewhere around 7k-8k shards (i dont remember the exact number) or some expensive shit close to that. So you will see many guilds that were created when this came out to the public and they are now level 120 to 150 or so.(depending when they found out). Getting 2-3 lvls a day grinding in upper necro is fun shit. But easier than questing. So if anyone is mad about it blame turdbine for being greedy. Im not hating on it. Actually i am encouraging it. I want to see a 3 month old guild get to 200 before guilds that were lvl 100 years ago. I wanna see the crybaby backlash that comes from it. Its going to be the shit. I have seen a few guilds that are getting close. So get ready for the storm of hate thats on the way. And remember, turbine needs the cash so thats why its been around so long. Dont get mad at the new guilds, get mad at turbine.

Well, they wont be getting cash with renown pots, unless there are some really stupid people out there. I much prefer my broken 120% pots over anything the store sells, because i get them free.

It will only cost 7-8k, IF YOU BUY THE SHARD SHIP which you dont need if your exploiting renown. still, 3kish shards is quite a bit.

but over all, meh its just buffs extra gear. Cant even call them buffs anymore, buffs go away on death. These things are persistant, like gear.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #30 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 1:39pm:
Getting past lives represents skill?

You must have the most skill then. You went triple comp in what, a month?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 12:49pm:
1m xp is trivial.
Ok.  Cheesy

Poor, Ivan. The world must be such an intimidating place for so feeble a mind. Here, let me help you. Otto's. See? That wasn't so bad now was it?

Quote:
EE completions by guild or even raid completions, % of completionists in guild. I dunno, maybe something that represents skill... 

All of that can be embellished using features.
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2014 at 2:10pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #32 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Nice trolling attempt, Jerry

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #33 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 1:47pm:
You must have the most skill then. You went triple comp in what, a month?

What?
You confused me with someone, Im not even completionist.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #34 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
The only thing he triple completed was necro turnins Cheesy

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 7:15am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 12:49pm:
1m xp is trivial.
Ok.  Cheesy

No.

I am trivial.

Wait! No!  Wait, I mean you, you, not me...oh fuck screwed up yet another insult. Damnit.

Well, off to trivial land then.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 7:16am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 5:58pm:
The only thing he triple completed was necro turnins Cheesy

and his mom.

woohoo, back on the insult bandwagon!

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 7:39am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 11:23am:
I still don't get the point of this as:
1) A Brand new Guild of 6 members can run every saga, buy sup pots and go from 1-66 {not counting all the renown they got from each quest}.
How many fucking "new guilds" with 6 players run sagas on day one?  Retard
2) A Lvl 50 Guild can do the above 3 times and pass lvl 100.
Or they can set up a script and do the same thing while fapping to picks of your mom.
3) I've been keeping two forum threads going for Cannith and Sarlona Guilds and have really not noticed all these supposed 150+ Guilds appearing from nowhere.

Cannith has exactly 5 Guilds currently over Lvl 150 {4 of whom were very well known Lvl 100 Guilds prior to the Guild Level Update}.
Fuck your servers.  They suck.
Sarlona {although I've not been able to be as meticulous with logging Guild Level changes there} has 7 {2 of whom are Lvl 199/200, 4-5 of whom were well known Lvl 100 Guilds prior to the update}.

Oh and there's currently 11 Sagas.
x that by 6 Players on Sup Pots
And you've got 15 million Renown from a single run through.

Why take the chance on a "possible" exploit when Renown is this easy to get?The challenge of beating stupid Paladins.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #38 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Why did Exploited Killers change their name to The Goodfellas?

IP Logged

SickCat
Korthos Resident

Chocolate Salty Balls

Reply #39 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 11:20am
Print Post  
This is typical Turdbin...look at Asheron's Call.  It got to a point where they publicly said, if you find an exploit, more power to you.  This game, while I sincerely hope it doesn't happen, will go the way of AC and simply rot on the vine.  There will, I'm pretty sure, always be enough people playing DDO to keep the doors open...again, just like AC.  And just like AC2 was a big fat pile of shit flop, I'm sure they're scared enough of that dismal offering that DDO2 won't be making an appearance.  These exploits will continue, and eventually simply become part of the game...I've quoted it before...we learn from history, that we do not learn anything from history.  Turbine is no exception.

-Put em in your mouth and suck em.
-Early and often, wins the race...somehow.
Thelanis - Qetsil, Dorktastic, Krap, Qrap, Fysh, Skwash, Peachfuzz, Segment, Sometime, Belir, Sickcat
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

skitz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
See i was right. 3 months ago i started this. And that was after almost everyone knew about this for many months before that. They fixed all other exploits for the most part. But not this one? I wonder why. Wait i know. See above. Its all about that $$$. And now the snitching fucks showing pics can now know what everyone is doing out there. Since they were too fucking stupid to read this and like 20 other posts to find out what they were doing out there.so this feature isnt going away probably ever. So everyone make your own bank guild and get to 200 in a few months. Get autohotkey so you dont have to click on your own. Just click hotkey. Have it set to run 10k times in a loop or more. And get your leveling on. Gl and make sure you get shards to pay for the ship and all the buffs and to please turdbine. They only make xploits that make people happy go away. If it makes them $$$, it stays.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2015 at 11:27pm by skitz »  

IP Logged

Ra
DQ Assaulter

yawn

Reply #41 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 5:10am
Print Post  
yawn

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 7:17am
Print Post  
1) A Brand new Guild of 6 members can run every saga, buy sup pots and go from 1-66 {not counting all the renown they got from each quest}.

2) A Lvl 50 Guild can do the above 3 times and pass lvl 100.

3) I've been keeping two forum threads going for Cannith and Sarlona Guilds and have really not noticed all these supposed 150+ Guilds appearing from nowhere.

Cannith has exactly 5 Guilds currently over Lvl 150 {4 of whom were very well known Lvl 100 Guilds prior to the Guild Level Update}.

Sarlona {although I've not been able to be as meticulous with logging Guild Level changes there} has 7 {2 of whom are Lvl 199/200, 4-5 of whom were well known Lvl 100 Guilds prior to the update}.

Oh and there's currently 11 Sagas.
x that by 6 Players on Sup Pots
And you've got 15 million Renown from a single run through.

Why take the chance on a "possible" exploit when Renown is this easy to get?

Lies.

There aren't more than six players on Cannith.  Me and my guildy account for two of them. 

In all truth, I would love to run the sagas with a full team of 6 guildies.  But finding new guildies is pretty much impossible.  Let alone finding new guild members, with necessary packs, and willingness to play and learn, and...

You get the point.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #43 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 10:49am
Print Post  

Blechbuechsen GmbH, Famous last words, MERCILESS ONSLAUGHT, Jack Burton's Porkchop Express, DDO Epics and Hired Goons are all guilds that may or may not have existed before the renown exploit but definitely appeared in the 100+ level range out of nowhere.

This is in addition to the fact that every single level 150+ guild on Cannith with the exception of Favor Runners and the possible exception of Csodaszarvas has taken advantage of at least one renown exploit that I know of.

I don't particularly care if people waste their time getting meaningless guild levels, but you might as well get your facts straight. Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2015 at 10:50am by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Add Vodka on Gland

They wore their exploited TF weapons with honor as first lifers do you think a silly renown exploit will stop them?

Orchard hard all day and when they are reaching an announcement go pugland for the "gratz guys"

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #45 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Nothing fucking stops us on G-land, not noob deaths, not champions, not even fucking lag, PLAY THROUGH THE LAG MOTHER FUCKERS.

G-Land motto:  "Hold down "W" get XP."

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #46 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Personally, I'm just looking forward to hitting 70 and getting a bigger ship on my 1-man solo guild Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #47 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Personally, I'm just looking forward to hitting 70 and getting a bigger ship on my 1-man solo guild Tongue

I just got the ding for 72 the other day. I was excited about getting a bigger ship, but I have the storm glory bolt that my friend bought me for my birthday a few years back, and I just don't think the plat ones can compare.

Thankfully I finally hit the end of the hamster wheel so I can start getting a bunch of EE gear I don't need for the ASAH and maybe get us the top of the line one.

So hang in there, it can happen, legit, in a small guild, just my wife and I in mine.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Hey franohmdumbass how about you go see for yourself in upper necro? hm?

STFU with your "guilds over 150" threads, half those guilds got their renown from using past or present exploits.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #49 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Really, the whole concept of guild renown/guild size/etc giving perks was just a dumb idea to begin with.

OF COURSE people are going to imploy exploits/bugs/etc to improve it. Did the devs REALLY think everyone would just grind for it the old-fashioned way? Especially with so MUCH grinding for so little reward?

yes, when you had one of the GIANT airships back in the day, it was kind of an accomplishment, but between the huge renown requirements and scum-sucking-butt-loving renown decay, it basically meant it was only open to huge, active, exclusionist guilds. Fuck those people.

Now they've got these great plat airships and plat amenities, but the renown requirements are still so fucking huge that, again, OF COURSE players are going to exploit shit to get through that part.

And the renown is just kind of shitty in general. Honestly if they'd just made all of the airships/amenities/etc have no guild level and cost plat, my friends and I would have ground like crazy to earn enough plat to buy that shit.

But grind out tens of millions of renown? Man fuck that. If the shart airships were about half the price I'd just buy one.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint