Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Turbine LOVES the renown exploit (Read 32392 times)
DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Turbine LOVES the renown exploit
Reply #50 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 11:23am:
3) I've been keeping two forum threads going for Cannith and Sarlona Guilds and have really not noticed all these supposed 150+ Guilds appearing from nowhere.

The thing I really really struggle with here is: Why the fuck do you waste your time keeping track of other guilds level? I mean seriously? I have a limited time available for playing, wasting even 1 second looking at other guilds level is so totally outof the question. And other guilds levels does not influence my DDO experience one bit.  Roll Eyes

I would rather watch paint dry than keep track of guild levels.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2015 at 7:43pm by DDONoob »  
IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #51 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
DDONoob wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 7:42pm:
The thing I really really struggle with here is: Why the fuck do you waste your time keeping track of other guilds level? I mean seriously? I have a limited time available for playing, wasting even 1 second looking at other guilds level is so totally outof the question. And other guilds levels does not influence my DDO experience one bit.  Roll Eyes

I would rather watch paint dry than keep track of guild levels.

This exactly.
It does not change your play experience.

I understand some friendly rivalry between guilds, but this is not PvP and if one guild gets a benefit that you don't, there is no disadvantage to you.

It's just indicative of someone with too much time on their hands.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #52 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 7:56pm:
there is no disadvantage to you

Like I mentioned before it can only be an advantage to you if you take advantage of the amenities they offer.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

giveusaclue
Korthos Resident

WTF wheres all the Boobs
at !!

Reply #53 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
another thing... why your keeping your eye out for guilds lvling up fast then being a good pally and reporting them the next time you go into a group remember not to ask for a ship invite just think it could be a renown glitch ship. you wouldnt want that would ya  Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2015 at 8:26pm by giveusaclue »  

if your worse than me your a noob
if your better than me you need to get a life!

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #54 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 10:49am:
Blechbuechsen GmbH, Famous last words, MERCILESS ONSLAUGHT, Jack Burton's Porkchop Express, DDO Epics and Hired Goons are all guilds that may or may not have existed before the renown exploit but definitely appeared in the 100+ level range out of nowhere.

This is in addition to the fact that every single level 150+ guild on Cannith with the exception of Favor Runners and the possible exception of Csodaszarvas has taken advantage of at least one renown exploit that I know of.
I don't particularly care if people waste their time getting meaningless guild levels, but you might as well get your facts straight. Wink

Blechbuechsen I know were in the high 80s/low 90s before the Guild Update and they've been levelling at a steady pace ever since.

MERCILESS ONSLAUGHT are now in the mid 130s, Famous Last Words in the low 120s and none of the rest of those guilds you've listed have yet passed 113.

Jack Burton's were the biggest jumpers - going from 50-100 in a matter of weeks BUT as I've stated on the 1st page of this thread that isn't even difficult to do given a handful of players willing to sit at cap and farm Sagas.

Now obviously I know full well there's Guilds out there who've made use of this Exploit BUT I'm not going to d@mn  all Guilds because of those few.
Especially when none of us can know for certain just how much any Guild has exploited this feature.

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #55 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Illetirated wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 7:04pm:
Hey franohmdumbass how about you go see for yourself in upper necro? hm?

MoonStruck on Cannith {Lvl 30 odd one week, Lvl 84 the next!}.
And yes they did have a player standing at the Necro turn-ins!

They're still on my Cannith Guild Index!

Illetirated wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 7:04pm:
STFU with your "guilds over 150" threads, half those guilds got their renown from using past or present exploits.

It's over 175 actually.

And again - Until Turbine disbands the Guilds that can be proven to have used this exploit those Guilds will remain on those lists!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #56 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Yeah!

Fight the power.

I guess.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #57 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Found a paladin keeping a silent vigil on my server today. Just... standing there. Looking out over the turn-ins. I stood next to him in solidarity for a bit(mostly because the game has /showmiddlefinger option) then I went back to playing.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #58 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 1:50am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 10:53pm:
And again - Until Turbine disbands the Guilds that can be proven to have used this exploit those Guilds will remain on those lists!

Fran,
Do you really think Turdbine can afford to piss off any more players over one player's misguided sense of social justice?

Have you stopped to consider the ramifications of your moral outrage?

Let's say you have a large guild - and a minority decided to cheat and use this feature.
And what can the guild do if they see the levels rising, but don't know who is doing it?  Self report?
And what if there is a guild that I don't really like.  I join them, exploit my ass off openly and get the guild disbanded.  Or worse, I'm one of those stupid assholes who has fun at other people's expense and see how many guilds I can destroy in a week?
The griefing potential would be devastating.

And I'm part of a large, open recruiting guild. What if someone joins and gets my guild disbanded.  It would piss me off to lose our hard won progress, because 1 or 2 people cheated renown.

Not sure you have thought your morale crusade through.  Turdbine know about it and are taking selective action.  But you're still not happy with that?
I prefer a surgical response, rather than a sledgehammer.
Take out the cheater, and remove their renown (doesn't deleting a toon remove the renown from the guild?)

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #59 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 1:56am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 11:49pm:
Found a paladin

Were they on an actual "Paladin," I mean I know the odds are high of that anyway right now, but if they were it would definitely be double funny.

Fuck Off, That is all

Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #60 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 2:32am
Print Post  
I, for one, will not condemn your way of having fun in this video game, FranOhmsford. Look at all of the people who are having fun entertaining you with this feature! If I tried to take away your fun, I'd be taking away their fun, too. It's a game. Having fun is the point. So I salute you, FranOhmsford, for all of the people you have entertained!

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #61 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:25am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 1:50am:
Fran,
Do you really think Turdbine can afford to piss off any more players over one player's misguided sense of social justice?

Have you stopped to consider the ramifications of your moral outrage?

Let's say you have a large guild - and a minority decided to cheat and use this feature.
And what can the guild do if they see the levels rising, but don't know who is doing it?  Self report?
And what if there is a guild that I don't really like.  I join them, exploit my ass off openly and get the guild disbanded.  Or worse, I'm one of those stupid assholes who has fun at other people's expense and see how many guilds I can destroy in a week?
The griefing potential would be devastating.

And I'm part of a large, open recruiting guild. What if someone joins and gets my guild disbanded.  It would piss me off to lose our hard won progress, because 1 or 2 people cheated renown.

Not sure you have thought your morale crusade through.  Turdbine know about it and are taking selective action.  But you're still not happy with that?
I prefer a surgical response, rather than a sledgehammer.
Take out the cheater, and remove their renown (doesn't deleting a toon remove the renown from the guild?)

You make some valid points.

BUT

1) Turbine's "supposed" selective action is basically ZILCH!
I've reported a number of people myself who are clearly levelling their guilds via this method and they're still there the following day and the day after that and the day after that {meanwhile their guild continues to level multiple levels each day!}.

2) Even if Turbine was to ban the perpetrators it's blatantly obvious that the renown isn't taken away!
Otherwise Guilds would lose multiple levels! {While maintaining my Cannith and Sarlona Guild lists I've seen only a handful of Guilds lose even one level - which is clearly from having an active player with a large amount of personal renown leave!}.

This just means that players can use an alt account to exploit!

As for your other points:
I'd really hope that Turbine would be selective when it came to disbanding guilds for those reasons.
We don't want to punish the innocent along with the guilty!
BUT
Most of these super fast levelling guilds aren't huge guilds - Yes Tycoons on Cannith blasted through levels 80-110 but they were levelling at a steady pace before that and it's possible that their leader was handing out Renown pots and running his players through Sagas.

I can't say for certain which Guilds have exploited though I can certainly guess.
It would only take a handful of the worst offenders to be disbanded for other guilds to get the point!

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #62 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:35am
Print Post  
(doesn't deleting a toon remove the renown from the guild?)

Deleting a toon when there's another toon of that account in guild will remove ZERO renown from that guild.

I don't believe it removes any renown even if there isn't another toon on that account in guild.

This is why newbies are told not to leave guild if they're going to delete their toon.

It will however add to the recently departed list.

And when you leave a Guild you get a choice to leave on bad terms {25% renown loss} or good terms {10% renown loss}
So an Exploiter can roll up an alt on a secondary account - Exploit 10 guild levels - Leave Guild on good terms reducing that back to just the 9 AND delete said toon and start again!

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #63 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:45am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:35am:
So an Exploiter can roll up an alt on a secondary account - Exploit 10 guild levels - Leave Guild on good terms reducing that back to just the 9 AND delete said toon and start again!

Thanks, that's good advice!

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #64 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:32am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:35am:
Deleting a toon when there's another toon of that account in guild will remove ZERO renown from that guild.

I don't believe it removes any renown even if there isn't another toon on that account in guild.

Yes.

Wiki:
Quote:
If a character is deleted from the Character Select screen while a member of a guild, no renown is lost.

Afaik, if done as mentioned above, no renown is lost whether same account has another toon in the guild or not.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #65 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:45am:
Thanks, that's good advice!

Nope. Don't leave the guild. Just delete the toon.  Grin

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #66 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:54am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:34am:
Nope. Don't leave the guild. Just delete the toon. 

I've learned so much, and it was all basically due to Fran, for caring about the guild exploit and bringing it to my attention....

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #67 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 6:48am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 10:50pm:
Now obviously I know full well there's Guilds out there who've made use of this Exploit BUT I'm not going to d@mn  all Guilds because of those few.

You can curse.  This is the adult internet.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #68 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:54am:
I've learned so much, and it was all basically due to Fran, for caring about the guild exploit and bringing it to my attention....

Sharing is indeed caring.

Thanks Fran!

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #69 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Thank you indeed Fran, I didn't know that !

Well why the fuck would I ?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #70 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:31am
Print Post  

As XO of a decent sized guild, I told my players if I caught them doing this they would be kicked out of the guild.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #71 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:31am:
As XO of a decent sized guild, I told my players if I caught them doing this they would be kicked out of the guild.

This? Oh, self reporting! Yeah, good call.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #72 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 12:24pm:
This? Oh, self reporting! Yeah, good call.

For no other reason than I think a red-named guild is retarded.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #73 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 2:37pm:
For no other reason than I think a red-named guild is retarded.

It never even crossed my mind that you guys would have cheated, there are just so many of you. As far as the red names, yeah I have to turn off player names in quests when I group up with anyone with one, so I don't keep trying to attack them!

Fuck Off, That is all

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #74 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Blechbuechsen I know were in the high 80s/low 90s before the Guild Update and they've been levelling at a steady pace ever since.

Hate to break it to you, but this wasn't the first renown exploit.

MERCILESS ONSLAUGHT are now in the mid 130s, Famous Last Words in the low 120s and none of the rest of those guilds you've listed have yet passed 113.

I'm well aware of that. Not being above level 150 doesn't mean that a guild didn't exploit for renown. Smiley

Jack Burton's were the biggest jumpers - going from 50-100 in a matter of weeks BUT as I've stated on the 1st page of this thread that isn't even difficult to do given a handful of players willing to sit at cap and farm Sagas.

Possible, but improbable. Not sure why you don't find it at all suspect that they all started "running sagas" right about the time that the necro4 exploit became public knowledge.

If you think it's only a few, you need to get your head out from under my rock.

Especially when none of us can know for certain just how much any Guild has exploited this feature.

I know exactly how much certain guilds have exploited for renown, because I know people in said guilds.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:13pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint