Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Barbarian - Frenzied Berserker Changes from Sev (Read 31138 times)
Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Re: Barbarian - Frenzied Berserker Changes from Sev
Reply #25 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
so, i think ima roll up a barb now and enjoy it. whos with me?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #26 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 3:19pm:
Wade In: (1/1/1 AP, Requires: Supreme Cleave) When you Supreme Cleave, you gain +1 Primal bonus to Attack --- per enemy damaged, up to 3/6/10 maximum. Lasts for 4 seconds.

Neither HP nor HAmp were wrong with Barbarians. Shit like T4 bonuses to hit, and meh enhancements (mehnhancements) tied to shit prerequisite enhancements were what's wrong with Barbarians.

Looks like another drastic overhaul via Lamannia lambasting (as with bards) will be necessary before Barbs become playable. (Beyond a 5 lvl splash to take merciless advantage of heal-on-kill: Tree-time!)

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 8:57pm:
so, i think ima roll up a barb now and enjoy it. whos with me?

I maybe am not seeing something, but hamp and hp arent really enticing me to play a barb. I could already roll human with hamp items and get 600 on a silverflame potion. Maybe I expected ludicrous damage capability and set myself up for disappointment. How are barbs weened off the pot addiction now? Aside Divine Crusader healing them for slain mob cr x infi hamp.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:35pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #28 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Every time I think Turbine can't get worse, they manage to hire new devs that are more clueless than their predecessors, it fucking amazes me.

I was hoping for things like:
Vicous Damage being scaled with melee power
Removal of less than hp % abilities
Further increases of crit multipliers
Vampirism & temp hp.
More cleaves.
Barb DR being allowed to stack with all other damage reductions and be calculated in a new order ie:

normal dr -> PRR -> barb DR

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #29 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:34pm:
I maybe am not seeing something, but hamp and hp arent really enticing me to play a barb. I could already roll human with hamp items and get 600 on a silverflame potion. Maybe I expected ludicrous damage capability and set myself up for disappointment. How are barbs weened off the pot addiction now? Aside Divine Crusader healing them for slain mob cr x infi hamp.

Bluff check - success ^-^

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:41pm:
Every time I think Turbine can't get worse, they manage to hire new devs that are more clueless than their predecessors, it fucking amazes me.

I was hoping for things like:
Vicous Damage being scaled with melee power
Removal of less than hp % abilities
Further increases of crit multipliers
Vampirism & temp hp.
More cleaves.
Barb DR being allowed to stack with all other damage reductions and be calculated in a new order ie:

normal dr -> PRR -> barb DR

You'll take your 2500 hp OS con based dwarf in Crusader with 30000000 hamp and like it!

Vendui wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:42pm:
Bluff check - success ^-^

I dumped wis Sad

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #31 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 12:58am
Print Post  
It's a vicious circle now.
They should shit on every melee class damage wise but can't see how they could do it now without completely breaking the game - after what we got with Bards, pallies and melees in general.
More heal amp, what the fuck, human pimped barbie already gets  700 from SF pots.

Should be faster movement, melee debuffs, removing some SF pot penalties, MUCH stronger rage, maybe some spell defence abilities different from saves / mrr, shit like that.
And yeah, barbie DR could be easily tripled for ~ 30 at cap, that would be useful.

But apparently barbarian experts want the class to be played like fuck the defense, umd, dodge or any clickies, just umbillical hjealing cord and smash.
In 2014.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2014 at 1:10am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #32 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 12:58am:
More heal amp, what the fuck, human pimped barbie already gets  700 from SF pots.

No, not "moar heal amp"

Amp is now going to be additive, not multiplicative. Which means, with current amp amounts, youll only be able to get ~300% boost, instead of the 860ish% boost. Additive is great for the first few hundred, after that it stops being as effective as multiplicative :c. That being said, a "new" full amp build will only recieve ~4x the heal amount instead of almost 9x
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2014 at 2:23am by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #33 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Ear smash was pretty good to begin with

IP Logged

Five Fiery Steps
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 12:58am:
It's a vicious circle now.
They should shit on every melee class damage wise but can't see how they could do it now without completely breaking the game - after what we got with Bards, pallies and melees in general.

Should be faster movement, melee debuffs, removing some SF pot penalties, MUCH stronger rage, maybe some spell defence abilities different from saves / mrr, shit like that.
And yeah, barbie DR could be easily tripled for ~ 30 at cap, that would be useful.

But apparently barbarian experts want the class to be played like fuck the defense, umd, dodge or any clickies, just umbillical hjealing cord and smash.
In 2014.

Yes, yes, yes, yes,...... so stupid, and nothing we can do about it, nothing.  Sev has obviously decided this is what he is going to do, why do they even pretend?

IP Logged

Five Fiery Steps
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 4:07am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:34pm:

No, your seeing it clearly, it just stinks.  Sad super shitty design.

IP Logged

Five Fiery Steps
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 4:08am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:25pm:
Neither HP nor HAmp were wrong with Barbarians. Shit like T4 bonuses to hit, and meh enhancements (mehnhancements) tied to shit prerequisite enhancements were what's wrong with Barbarians.

Looks like another drastic overhaul via Lamannia lambasting (as with bards) will be necessary before Barbs become playable. (Beyond a 5 lvl splash to take merciless advantage of heal-on-kill: Tree-time!)

Do you really think much can be changed before it goes live? dare I hope?  Huh

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #37 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 4:21am
Print Post  
I wonder if they're going to make any changes to the core abilities.  A number of our suggestions were aimed at the core, not the trees.

The biggest being a change in the cool down to the barb's dodge.  At one point it had a limited number of uses with a 30 second cool down.  They tried to make it better by giving it an unlimited number of uses with a two minute cool down.  Two minutes is just shy of useless and we wanted them to go back to the old system.

Without that or some form of barb evasion, a pure barb is still going to be a mostly gimp class, since a pure barb wears light armor and really didn't see the benefits of the armor changes that the other melee classes did.

Knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up because fuck turbine.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Five Fiery Steps
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 4:21am:
I  A number of our suggestions were aimed at the core, not the trees.

Who is "our" in "our suggestions?  Huh

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #39 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 4:48am
Print Post  
Quote:
Who is "our" in "our suggestions?  Huh

The core barb players (like all 10 of us) who spent weeks brain storming and hashing out the proposed changes to be taken to the PC.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #40 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 5:24am
Print Post  
5th Edition lets you add Con to dmg. I figured it would be a no-brainer to see that here.

It's also not as if clerics couldn't already fully heal a barb with one maxxed Heal. The heal-sink isn't in how many hp they get per heal. It's in how many fucking times per minute they need all of their hp healed.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2014 at 5:28am by Revaulting »  

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #41 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 5:41am
Print Post  
Without that or some form of barb evasion, a pure barb is still going to be a mostly gimp class, since a pure barb wears light armor and really didn't see the benefits of the armor changes that the other melee classes did.

Barbs wear MEDIUM armor. So they get to enjoy all of the tasty MRR from last update along with a boatload of HP and Hamp on top. They wanted to make them more survivable, looks like a success to me, though you'll still be stuck chugging SF, cider, and sov elixirs.

My question is: NM I read it wrong.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2014 at 6:16am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

FredCouples
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 5:47am
Print Post  
What are you guys doing that you don't have room to splash or even just take Heavy armor prof?

IP Logged

Five Fiery Steps
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 6:06am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 5:41am:
Barbs wear MEDIUM armor. So they get to enjoy all of the tasty MRR from last update along with a boatload of HP and Hamp on top. They wanted to make them more survivable, looks like a success to me, though you'll still be stuck chugging SF, cider, and sov elixirs.

My question is: WTF did they do to Crit Rage? Isn't it supposed to be +3 range? What does +1/2 even mean? Where are my 9-20x3 khopeshes, damn it?

You have always been funny to me and made me laugh on many occasions, but now that I realize how out of touch, and fucking clueless you are it's not funny it's sad. 

+1 for the first rank of the enhancement which is raised to +2 if you get the second rank, ya know?? like every other fucking enhancement??

Dude do us a favor, go ahead and comment on everything else and insult and make me look silly as well you make great posts, in the meantime just leave the fucking barbarian discussion to people who actually have a fucking clue.
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2014 at 6:07am by »  

IP Logged

Five Fiery Steps
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 6:13am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 4:48am:
The core barb players (like all 10 of us) who spent weeks brain storming and hashing out the proposed changes to be taken to the PC. 

Did they give you any indication that they welcomed your input? (note: not smart ass comment, serious)

What they have posted so far is just shit, and boring shit as well.

A little over a year ago before the enhancement pass on of my guildmates was super proud of having massive hit points, really massive for the time. But all he could really do was average damage and require shit loads of healing to refill his health bar.  Hit points are great, but actually effecting a scenario's outcome is dependent on more then having hit points, Barbs should be at the top of the damage tree, or at least at a level where they can impose their will on a combat situation, instead of just surviving it because they have a boat load of hp.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #45 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 6:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
You have always been funny to me and made me laugh on many occasions, but now that I realize how out of touch, and fucking clueless you are it's not funny it's sad. 

+1 for the first rank of the enhancement which is raised to +2 if you get the second rank, ya know?? like every other fucking enhancement??

Dude do us a favor, go ahead and comment on everything else and insult and make me look silly as well you make great posts, in the meantime just leave the fucking barbarian discussion to people who actually have a fucking clue.

I still hate you, but I can admit that I read it wrong.

Given that, I don't know what you are bitching about. +2 range is better DPS than +1 range and +1 multi from holy sword, so the only real drawback to Barbarians is that they still can't cast spells/SLAs/clickies while DPSing (raging).

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #46 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Barbs need vampirism in enhancements, like 1% per barb lvl.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #47 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 6:26am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 5:41am:

My question is: NM I read it wrong.

Not sure if they changed it or if I'm just not finding it on the ddo wiki, but there used to be at least two barb core abilities that were anchored to light armor - I think it was the natural dodge bonus you only got with light armor.

At one point the rage took down so much of your AC that AC was just shy of useless.  A barb does way better with light armor than medium because you can get a higher dex bonus for dodge and your saves.

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #48 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 6:26am
Print Post  
I never really played barbs, but was in game with this guy the other day and he seemed like he was pretty bummed about the changes.  In this vid, he discusses what they'll mean to barbs compared to how they work now.  Not saying I agree or disagree(I basically don't have an opinion), just sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEtd7lP1ZRQ

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #49 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 6:34am
Print Post  

I have heavy armour on Tempest now, levelling  heavy armour + stance pally in Fury. It's that good now.
Can take heavy proficiency on barb.
Uncanny is pretty good actually, guess that depends how much perma dodge you have, or if you even consider Displace clickies on barb. Even thinking about the *possibility* is more than most do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint