Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Temple of Elemental Evil to come to DDO (Read 34586 times)
Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Temple of Elemental Evil to come to DDO
Reply #75 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 16th, 2014 at 10:32am:
Well if you waznt to unfuck the U24 Named Loot, you're free to try... We tried... You can now see the result...

I think that I'm far from turning white knight, but there's been so many time the general concensus of the PC hasn't been listened and when stuff went to Lamania the things that was said in the closed threads was said by the rest of the community, that I'm just concentrating in the few small victories the PC wrestled out of Turbine.

Making sure ToEE stays in Greyhawk is one of those... it costs nothing for Turbine, but it's important for some people ( like me ). ( And I really would have loved to have Hommlet with it... but the reason given [ development time ] is reasonable when you see the time it takes to create an area in NWN/NWN2 toolset )

Well, I appreciate the head's up you've been giving us. It's very welcome, thank you. Sorry you guys couldn't have greater impact - I wonder why that is. Egos on their part? Dev time - as in they start something before showing you, so it's too late by then?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #76 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Well if you waznt to unfuck the U24 Named Loot, you're free to try... We tried... You can now see the result...

I think that I'm far from turning white knight, but there's been so many time the general concensus of the PC hasn't been listened and when stuff went to Lamania the things that was said in the closed threads was said by the rest of the community, that I'm just concentrating in the few small victories the PC wrestled out of Turbine.

Making sure ToEE stays in Greyhawk is one of those... it costs nothing for Turbine, but it's important for some people ( like me ). ( And I really would have loved to have Hommlet with it... but the reason given [ development time ] is reasonable when you see the time it takes to create an area in NWN/NWN2 toolset )

Unless you show them a way that including Greyhawk or Hommlet increases revenue, then they don't care what you think.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Making sure ToEE stays in Greyhawk is one of those... it costs nothing for Turbine, but it's important for some people

I understand, but without hommlet/nub leadin, it could end up being nothing but a poorly done dungeon with the only similarity being the name ToEE set in greyhawk. Not sure if that would be considered a PC or a personal victory.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #78 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 3:35am
Print Post  
The licensing would be by world/setting, so if they call it Greyhawk, won't they need to pay more for it?

I know there are purists who want an exact replica, but IMHO it doesn't matter where they put it or access to it.   The content is more important than the flavour.  We're not really seeing much difference in the settings anyway.   You ain't going to meet Mordenkainen anyway.

I do think it needs Hommlet to some extent, otherwise it will just be Thunderholme re-skinned.  Hope they change the map....    Undecided
It depends on how they set it up.

Ideally it should be a wilderness area with Hommlet and a few separate hidden discoverable entrances.
TOEE was a low to mid level adventure - I doubt they'll stay true to that with a desperate need for high level Epic quests.
How do you think they will "epify" TOEE (ps. badly goes without saying)?
If they aim for lvl 30 content, will we have to fight Elder Elementals, Demi-gods and gods to have any challenge?
Maybe they'll copy paste MOD mobs and rationalise it somehow?
Or maybe they'll use those kobolds from e3BCC with 4m HP?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #79 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 3:51am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 3:35am:
The licensing would be by world/setting, so if they call it Greyhawk, won't they need to pay more for it?

I know there are purists who want an exact replica, but IMHO it doesn't matter where they put it or access to it.   The content is more important than the flavour.  We're not really seeing much difference in the settings anyway.   You ain't going to meet Mordenkainen anyway.

I do think it needs Hommlet to some extent, otherwise it will just be Thunderholme re-skinned.  Hope they change the map....    Undecided
It depends on how they set it up.

Ideally it should be a wilderness area with Hommlet and a few separate hidden discoverable entrances.
TOEE was a low to mid level adventure - I doubt they'll stay true to that with a desperate need for high level Epic quests.
How do you think they will "epify" TOEE (ps. badly goes without saying)?
If they aim for lvl 30 content, will we have to fight Elder Elementals, Demi-gods and gods to have any challenge?
Maybe they'll copy paste MOD mobs and rationalise it somehow?
Or maybe they'll use those kobolds from e3BCC with 4m HP?

The Haunted Halls module was written for level 1-5. Why is this a concern?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #80 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 4:34am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 3:51am:
The Haunted Halls module was written for level 1-5. Why is this a concern?

I don't see it as a problem per se - just curious to see what Vaultie's think.  I liked PnP TOEE, even liked the buggy as hell TOEE computer game.  I'm intrigued how it will translate to an MMO.

HH is nominally set at 28 on EN.  Some or most of the HH devs are likely gone and Ed G was consulted in crafting that content too.

Do you think TOEE will be a higher level aiming to provide content for level cap next year?
How do you think current crop of devs (mostly from AC) will establish challenge this time?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #81 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 4:59am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 4:34am:
I don't see it as a problem per se - just curious to see what Vaultie's think.  I liked PnP TOEE, even liked the buggy as hell TOEE computer game.  I'm intrigued how it will translate to an MMO.

HH is nominally set at 28 on EN.  Some or most of the HH devs are likely gone and Ed G was consulted in crafting that content too.

Do you think TOEE will be a higher level aiming to provide content for level cap next year?
How do you think current crop of devs (mostly from AC) will establish challenge this time?

Well that is a completely different question. I don't know who developed HHoE, but rest assured that it will be FUBAR if Turbine does it without a P&P consultant like Ed Greenwood. This will still be a cut above their usual work from the last few years.

Oh, I am fairly certain they will have it at cap (or near cap at least)...even Turbine has to recognize the need for endgame content. It would be interesting if it included a heroic version that could be truer to the original in addition though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #82 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 5:45am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 4:34am:

Yes and No....

Epic will be LVL 30
Heroic will be LVL 7

as stated by Severlin...
despite the fact that some of us tried to get it moved to 12+ in Heroiic.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #83 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 5:59am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 5:45am:
Yes and No....

Epic will be LVL 30
Heroic will be LVL 7

as stated by Severlin...
despite the fact that some of us tried to get it moved to 12+ in Heroiic. 

Thanks for the info Flav.
I don't read the mother forums much anymore.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #84 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 6:37am
Print Post  
I haven't actually played the ToEE module.

Downloading it now. We'll see how they do.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014 at 6:37am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #85 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 11:04am
Print Post  
If they are just doing the temple itself, they are doing the module a disservice.  They could easily do a quest on Hommlet itself, one on the moathouse, one on Nulb, and then one (or more) on the temple.

If they invested the time, it could work more like Tangleroot does.  A series of quests that hit single map.  Or Deleras.  Or Greymoon/CO6.  I always liked those quests for their feel that reminded me of a D&D module.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #86 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 11:04am:
If they invested the time, it could work more like Tangleroot does.  A series of quests that hit single map.  Or Deleras.  Or Greymoon/CO6.  I always liked those quests for their feel that reminded me of a D&D module.

I hate the goddamn fuck out of Tangleroot, for the same reason I'd hate any module that made me double-back that many times to advance a linear storyline. One revisit? Fine! Two? Not fond, but maybe okay. Nine? Go fuck yourself, you evil piece of shit.

Delera's = much better handled, even considering the Turbined flagging.

Sorrowdusk is a PITA, but that's due to the stupid distances between the quest givers and the entrances to the quests.

I hope they steer as far away as humanly possible from imitating Tangleroot.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #87 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 12:12pm:
I hate the goddamn fuck out of Tangleroot, for the same reason I'd hate any module that made me double-back that many times to advance a linear storyline. One revisit? Fine! Two? Not fond, but maybe okay. Nine? Go fuck yourself, you evil piece of shit.

Delera's = much better handled, even considering the Turbined flagging.

Sorrowdusk is a PITA, but that's due to the stupid distances between the quest givers and the entrances to the quests.

I hope they steer as far away as humanly possible from imitating Tangleroot.

Ooh - you must love 3BC!

Grin

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #88 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 5:16pm:
Ooh - you must love 3BC!

Fucking Fire Caves  Angry

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #89 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 11:00pm:
Fucking Fire Caves  Angry

THE most important place in the ENTIRE game. It's absolutely amazing to me Turbine STILL hasn't figured out why.  Grin

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #90 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 1:30am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 11:08pm:
THE most important place in the ENTIRE game. It's absolutely amazing to me Turbine STILL hasn't figured out why.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint