Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Shouldn't Deepwood >AA in terms of DPS? (Read 2806 times)
Spider-Homie
Korthos Resident

Trying to figure shit
out.

Shouldn't Deepwood >AA in terms of DPS?
Nov 20th, 2014 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Isn't this supposed to be like a ranged assasin or some shit? When you look at Deepwood's Head Shot: Ranged Attack: Perform a ranged attack that is automatically considered a critical threat. On vorpal: 500 damage. (Cooldown: 60 seconds). Lol wut? This is their tier 5 move? This is shit compared to slayer arrow. Should just be a auto One Hit Kill on regular mobs and like 200 on named bosses, Idk. Leg Shot: Ranged Attack: On Damage: Slow your enemy's movement by 50% for 10 seconds. Bro wut..2 AP's for a 10 second slow. Not even like a tier 1 2 3 , 30,40,50%  slow for 10,15,20 sec slow for 1 AP each. It's meh, could be improved. Merciful Shot: Ranged attack: Deals +3[W] damage. On Sneak attack: If the target is below 20% health, deal 500 damage. U WOT M8? So 2 requirements...1. Has to be on sneak attack or won't wok. 2.Has To be below 20% health. This is really dumb, i guarantee whoever reads will agree.Why not remove the sneak attack requirement and make it drop the mob's hp from 100% to 20%. That's showing mercy cause you didn't kill your target. Maybe that's too OP, give opinions. imed Shot: Ranged Attack: Performs a ranged attack with +10 to hit and +1 Critical Damage Multiplier. On Damage: If you are in the Archer's Focus stance and Manyshot is not active, gain three stacks of Archer's Focus. (Cooldown: 10 seconds) This 1...meh. It seems average. Maybe make it like a ranged smite evil, idk.  Thrill of the Hunt: You gain +1/+2/+3 damage for 6 seconds after damaging an opponent beneath 25%/25%/35% health. This shit costs 6 ap for +3 damage for 6 seconds, m8 wut. Why not 2/4/6 dmg for 6,12,18 seconds? The hp seems fine. Favored Accuracy: You gain +1/+2/+3 to-hit when attacking a favored enemy. 6 AP to max out +3 to hit for a fave enemy...lol bro, c'mon. Well i played deepwood and the shot i liked most was Sniper Shot: Ranged Attack: Performs a ranged attack with +2[W], a +4 bonus to-hit, +2 to critical threat range, and +2 to Critical Damage Multiplier. On Damage: The target will become momentarily confused and rendered vulnerable to sneak attacks for four seconds as if affected by the bluff skill. (Cooldown 6 seconds) +10 Positive Spell Power. It really is the best, even better than tier 5 shots. Gimme feedback and ideas about this here tree. If you don't care about rangers or any of this, don't read it, K? (Might be mistakes, did this on phone)

IP Logged

Spider-Homie
Korthos Resident

Trying to figure shit
out.

Re: Shouldn't Deepwood >AA in terms of DPS?
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Ok, i see now that this is a big clusterfuck. Like i said, did this on phone so eh. If someone wants to space it out for me, appreciate it. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 10:10pm
Print Post  

Isn't      this      supposed      to       be      like      a      ranged      assasin     or     some      shit?
     When     you     look     at     Deepwood's     Head     Shot:     Ranged     Attack:    Perform     a     ranged     attack    that     is      automatically      considered     a      critical      threat.
            On       vorpal:       500      damage.
(Cooldown:       60      seconds).
                                                           Lol           wut?
     This               is           their          tier           5           move?

This
                            is
                          shit
                 compared
                       to
                   slayer
               arrow.

Should
                                         just         be      a         auto
                       One         Hit          Kill
                  on           regular         mobs
                             and             like            200
                 on                named       bosses,                     Idk.
                                                                   Leg
                                                           Shot:
                                                  Ranged
                                         Attack:
                                     On
                         Damage:
                                Slow
                                      your
                                            enemy's
                                                       movement
                                                                   by
                                                                50%
                                                            for
                                               seconds.

Bro              wut..

AP's         for           a          10           second      slow.
    Not          even        like     a         tier     1     2     3     ,     30    ,    40   ,    50%     slow    for    10    ,    15    ,    20     sec      slow     for     1     AP    each     .

It's    meh,    could    be     improved.

Merciful
Shot:
Ranged
attack:
Deals
+3[W]
damage.

On       Sneak      attack:

If           the          target          is      below        20%         health,           deal        500         damage.

So     2     requirements      .      .            .            
                                               1.       Has    to    be    on    sneak    attack    or    won't    wok.
                              2.     Has       To       be       below     20%         health.
             This
             is
             really
            dumb
         i           guarantee           whoever       reads       will           agree.

Why
    not
      remove
  the
    sneak
     attack
      requirement

and
                       make             it            drop      the     mob's          hp         from          100%          to      20%.

That's        showing     mercy      cause    you    didn't      kill        your     target.

Maybe           that's          too        OP,       give

Aimed           Shot:
                      Ranged                   Attack:
          Performs              a             ranged        attack          with           +10           to        hit           and         +1           Critical        Damage           Multiplier.

O   n    D   a   m   a    g    e:
If       you     are
   in    the     Archer's
    Focus    stance    and
   Manyshot
   is      not
  active,
                     gain       three      stacks
                of           Archer's             Focus.

(Cooldown:       10     seconds)

This            1    . .   .    
                                meh.
It
seems
  average.

Maybe          make            it       like    a     ranged      smite    evil,     idk.

Thrill                              of               the           Hunt:            

You            gain                 +1/+2/+3
                                 damage              for
                    6          seconds            after       damaging
                  an              opponent        beneath
                    25%/25%/35%
                  health.

This            shit         costs     6      ap      for     +3                 damage        for            6             seconds,

Why           not             2/4/6           dmg
for             6,12,18            seconds?
                                   The     hp    seems     fine.

Favored           Accuracy:
    You              gain           +1/+2/+3         to-hit          when               attacking        a       favored        enemy.

6          AP        to     max    out    +3    to    hit     for        a       fave     enemy    .  .   . 
                     lol                    bro,               c'mon.

Well          i               played                 deepwood
                 and             the                shot          i            liked           most       was     Sniper     Shot:
       Ranged        Attack:
                  Performs         a     ranged
         attack        with         +2[W],         a        +4     bonus    to-hit,
       +2           to           critical       threat      range,
                    and          +2          to             Critical       Damage          Multiplier.

On
Damage:
               The             target           will            become
momentarily
confused
                  and              rendered          vulnerable   t o   
              sneak           attacks
                                         f or    f our 
      seconds         as           if
                     affected   b y
          the               bluff           skill.
                                   (Cooldown 6 seconds)
               +10                    Positive            Spell         Power.

It          really    is     the     best,
                         even      better        than     tier     5   shots.

Gimme

If           you             don't          care       about           rangers         or         any         of      this,      don't        read       it,     K?

(Might
be
mistakes,
did
this
on
phone)

Back           to            top

IP Logged

Ginger_Walri
Titan Demolisher

Fire. Die In It.

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Nov 20th, 2014 at 10:10pm:

I don't think thats what he meant, fucking hilarious either way

IP Logged

Vindicator
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Awesome response to that request.

I do agree with the absurdity of those enhancements though.

IP Logged

Stinky_Pinky
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Spider-Homie wrote on Nov 20th, 2014 at 8:38pm:
Ok, i see now that this is a big clusterfuck. Like i said, did this on phone so eh. If someone wants to space it out for me, appreciate it. Roll Eyes

Lmao, that's rich...

IP Logged

Spider-Homie
Korthos Resident

Trying to figure shit
out.

Reply #6 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Rofl bark, that was funny. I didn't expect someone to go the extra mile. I'm still laughing  Grin

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 3:32am
Print Post  
I don't understand why deepwood should be better dps than AA. AA is a pure ranged tree but deepwood sniper also has positive spellpower, improved sneaking, some self heal and some enhancements to allow to stay at a larger distance to your enemies.

And I think the name merciful shoot comes from the fact, that you try to kill the mob with one shoot when he is low on health so that he doesn't have to suffer any longer. Your goal is to kill the mob anyways and you won't show mercy and let him go after he is below 20% health so at least have mercy and kill him fast.

And about the leg shoot... I think this one can be very handy, as long as you are only fighting one mob or are able to line up most of the mobs for improved precise shoot.
The main problem is probably, that the T5s are not good enough(still a problem for several classes I think) and an AA is able to get most of the good ranged stuff from deepwood sniper anyways.

But you are right, the deepwood sniper tree is less appealing for a ranged toon than AA and unless you are some rogue splash the additional stuff in the tree is not very valuable/strong.

But don't forget that the deepwood sniker abilities don't use sp but if you are heavily using the AA abilities you can get low on sp and either have to drink sp pots or can't use the special shoots anymore.
That's probably the reasoning why AA is stronger for ranged dps.

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #8 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 4:00am
Print Post  
Deepwood sniper IS a lot better dps. Except that little combo of slayer arrow and manyshot (and adrenaline)

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #9 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 7:25am
Print Post  
That is hilarious Barkabout, you are king of (in)appropriate pictures.

You know what is better dps too ? Tempest.
Or spec for Slayer if you don't like the idea of 10 minutes long Abbot beatdowns clusterfucks.
Derpwood is not worth investing except 11 points for Exposing Strike.

So stop trying to polish a turd - idea that you can actually contribute with bow only.
I hope every stupid ranger plinking with bow outside Manyshot gets a herpes.

« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2014 at 7:28am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 8:36am
Print Post  
Spider-Homie wrote on Nov 20th, 2014 at 8:36pm:
Isn't this supposed to be like a ranged assasin or some shit? When you look at Deepwood's Head Shot: Ranged Attack: Perform a ranged attack that is automatically considered a critical threat. On vorpal: 500 damage. (Cooldown: 60 seconds). Lol wut? This is their tier 5 move? This is shit compared to slayer arrow. Should just be a auto One Hit Kill on regular mobs and like 200 on named bosses, Idk. Leg Shot: Ranged Attack: On Damage: Slow your enemy's movement by 50% for 10 seconds. Bro wut..2 AP's for a 10 second slow. Not even like a tier 1 2 3 , 30,40,50%  slow for 10,15,20 sec slow for 1 AP each. It's meh, could be improved. Merciful Shot: Ranged attack: Deals +3[W] damage. On Sneak attack: If the target is below 20% health, deal 500 damage. U WOT M8? So 2 requirements...1. Has to be on sneak attack or won't wok. 2.Has To be below 20% health. This is really dumb, i guarantee whoever reads will agree.Why not remove the sneak attack requirement and make it drop the mob's hp from 100% to 20%. That's showing mercy cause you didn't kill your target. Maybe that's too OP, give opinions. imed Shot: Ranged Attack: Performs a ranged attack with +10 to hit and +1 Critical Damage Multiplier. On Damage: If you are in the Archer's Focus stance and Manyshot is not active, gain three stacks of Archer's Focus. (Cooldown: 10 seconds) This 1...meh. It seems average. Maybe make it like a ranged smite evil, idk.  Thrill of the Hunt: You gain +1/+2/+3 damage for 6 seconds after damaging an opponent beneath 25%/25%/35% health. This shit costs 6 ap for +3 damage for 6 seconds, m8 wut. Why not 2/4/6 dmg for 6,12,18 seconds? The hp seems fine. Favored Accuracy: You gain +1/+2/+3 to-hit when attacking a favored enemy. 6 AP to max out +3 to hit for a fave enemy...lol bro, c'mon. Well i played deepwood and the shot i liked most was Sniper Shot: Ranged Attack: Performs a ranged attack with +2[W], a +4 bonus to-hit, +2 to critical threat range, and +2 to Critical Damage Multiplier. On Damage: The target will become momentarily confused and rendered vulnerable to sneak attacks for four seconds as if affected by the bluff skill. (Cooldown 6 seconds) +10 Positive Spell Power. It really is the best, even better than tier 5 shots. Gimme feedback and ideas about this here tree. If you don't care about rangers or any of this, don't read it, K? (Might be mistakes, did this on phone)

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #11 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Rangers need help in general, but especially in ranged combat.  2/3 of their enhancments are ranged based and yet they cannot hold a candle to mostly monk level builds.  The ranged pass seems to be a bit of a lost cause, which we all thought it would be, and ranged combat will continue to suck on a pure ranger.

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #12 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 9:35am
Print Post  
We can turn off the internet now, Barkabout wins.

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 9:44am
Print Post  
I fell off your wall of text and broke both my legs. You owe me 50000 platinum.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2014 at 9:44am by Illetirated »  

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Stuff

Pure win.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

HiWelcome
Titan Demolisher

Hi Welcome

Reply #15 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 11:41am
Print Post  
There is a reason it is referred to as 'derpwood' ya know...  Cheesy

IP Logged

Spider-Homie
Korthos Resident

Trying to figure shit
out.

Reply #16 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
I mean if anyone actually likes or plays this tree currently, show us a video of your playstyle with deepwood. Or like a screenshot with description on enhancements order and setup.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #17 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Modern Art

It's genius! I lol'd, I wut m8'd, and in the midst of it all, I learned a little something about the nature of humanity.

+1 internets!

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #18 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Damn.

That is some serious dedication to trolling. +10 internets.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #19 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Spider-Homie wrote on Nov 21st, 2014 at 1:35pm:
I mean if anyone actually likes or plays this tree currently, show us a video of your playstyle with deepwood. Or like a screenshot with description on enhancements order and setup.

Killer is awesome. I have 27 points in this tree on one of my melees just to get Killer.

Points in:
Cores 3/6 (Sneak attack + spell power for 1 ap is awesome)
Stealthy 3/3 (for the sneak attack die)
Increased Empathy 3/3 (for the spell power)
Action Boost Damage 3/3 (Burst DPS)
Favored Accuracy 3/3 (overpriced prerequisite)
Favored Damage 3/3 (reasonable prerequisite)
Killer 3/3 (Awesomesauce)

This is on a Dance of Death Ranger/Druid melee wolf build.
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2014 at 3:21am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint