Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Cha to Dam Swashie Probs (Read 15288 times)
Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

"Sua Sponte" "De Oppresso
Liber"

Cha to Dam Swashie Probs
Dec 2nd, 2014 at 8:59am
Print Post  
More of a bard related question, been rolling with plenty of other pure Swash 28 bards on Khyber and every once in awhile they post some damage numbers in party with Crits far into the 2.5K+ range.

I think the most I've ever critted was around 1.6k but thats counting all the procs on a Tier 3 TF Rapier.

I went the Cha>Dam route as this char is a 1st lifer 32 pt build and I max'ed on Cha, and put the rest in Con/Dex off the start.

Cha buffs up to 53 w/ Stat Song, +10 Item, +1/+2 Insight/Except, Supreme Ability Pots and some other shit I forgot. My regular hits w/ the Tier 3 TF are only on avg of 150-250, with crits (depending on what I'm hitting w/ that half-life/neg burst proc) never exceeded 1.7/8k

IS there a better way of specc'ing out a swashie? Went w/ Perfect SWF, Improved Shield Mastery, Cha to Dam and Impro Crit: Pierce.

I'm a lv 5 Unyielding Sent (mostly for the AC [128], shield bonuses and the shit load of HP and the Ress SLA and PRR [84 currently, not good])

I like the robustness (shitload of HP and AC), but on EE I have trouble smacking down a bunch of dudes.

Any input as to getting a good high end damage, while still retaining a decent amount of robustness? I understand it's probably my PRR more than my AC, b/c w/ 30 Dodge, 10 Dusk, 10 Incorp, 20 Blur, 50 Displacement I hardly take damage.

Thanks

"The Quieter you Become - the More you are able to Hear"

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Re: Cha to Dam Swashie Probs
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 8:59am:
More of a bard related question, been rolling with plenty of other pure Swash 28 bards on Khyber and every once in awhile they post some damage numbers in party with Crits far into the 2.5K+ range.

I think the most I've ever critted was around 1.6k but thats counting all the procs on a Tier 3 TF Rapier.

I went the Cha>Dam route as this char is a 1st lifer 32 pt build and I max'ed on Cha, and put the rest in Con/Dex off the start.

Cha buffs up to 53 w/ Stat Song, +10 Item, +1/+2 Insight/Except, Supreme Ability Pots and some other shit I forgot. My regular hits w/ the Tier 3 TF are only on avg of 150-250, with crits (depending on what I'm hitting w/ that half-life/neg burst proc) never exceeded 1.7/8k

IS there a better way of specc'ing out a swashie? Went w/ Perfect SWF, Improved Shield Mastery, Cha to Dam and Impro Crit: Pierce.

I'm a lv 5 Unyielding Sent (mostly for the AC [128], shield bonuses and the shit load of HP and the Ress SLA and PRR [84 currently, not good])

I like the robustness (shitload of HP and AC), but on EE I have trouble smacking down a bunch of dudes.

Any input as to getting a good high end damage, while still retaining a decent amount of robustness? I understand it's probably my PRR more than my AC, b/c w/ 30 Dodge, 10 Dusk, 10 Incorp, 20 Blur, 50 Displacement I hardly take damage.

Thanks

Adrenaline?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 8:59am:

Thanks

Did you spend points on resonant arms and have ruby of resonance slotted ?

Did you spend points on Know the Angels and +3 Extra melee power ?

« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2014 at 9:57am by »  

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
Did you spend points on resonant arms and have ruby of resonance slotted ?

Did you spend points on Know the Angels and +3 Extra melee power ?

Resonant Arms, yes...I use the Ruby Eye of Force instead in the Orange slot on all my tier 3 TF.

My MP is sitting around +46 I think...even w/ all the extra Die and the MP and the bard songs by Base Dam Rating on a Tier 3 TF is only 40.65?!

Cha to Dam might be bugged...?  Sad

IP Logged

nietzsche
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Try Legendary Drednaught,masterblitz PRR can add defense on top at a lot of more damage output

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 10:50am
Print Post  
nietzsche wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 10:48am:
Try Legendary Drednaught,masterblitz PRR can add defense on top at a lot of more damage output

That's what was reccomended to be in game on Khyber. That or Shirardi (not sure how thatll do anything).

should I keep my Buckler for that extra 10% dodge? If I lost that and say...went for Orb (w/ an extra TF that I can put in that slot) would that work out?

Its kind of Ironic at end game and with most EDs in Arcane/Divine maxxed out I NOW am having trouble.

Awaiting a Swashie nerf by U25 -_-

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 10:40am:
Resonant Arms, yes...I use the Ruby Eye of Force instead in the Orange slot on all my tier 3 TF.

My MP is sitting around +46 I think...even w/ all the extra Die and the MP and the bard songs by Base Dam Rating on a Tier 3 TF is only 40.65?!

Cha to Dam might be bugged...?  Sad

With ruby of resonance adding 138 spell power on top of what you already have, you will inflict some huge amounts of sonic damage on crits. Ruby eye of force is a joke compared to that. Also the more melee power you can get, the better. Cha to damage is a waste of time, use int instead and take know the Angels from harper.
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2014 at 11:23am by »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 10:50am:
That's what was reccomended to be in game on Khyber. That or Shirardi (not sure how thatll do anything).

should I keep my Buckler for that extra 10% dodge? If I lost that and say...went for Orb (w/ an extra TF that I can put in that slot) would that work out?

Its kind of Ironic at end game and with most EDs in Arcane/Divine maxxed out I NOW am having trouble.

Awaiting a Swashie nerf by U25 -_-

It seems that shield mastery/Improved shield mastery was nerfed across the board, so i would prolly just ditch bucklers and fight purely one handed.
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2014 at 11:20am by »  

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Quote:
With ruby of resonance adding 138 spell power on top of what you already have, you will inflict some huge amounts of sonic damage on crits. Ruby eye of force is a joke compared to that. Also the more melee power you can get, the better. Cha to damage is a waste of time, use int instead and take know the Angels from harper.

My INT sucks two day old shits through bricks. Plus my buffed up CHA mod is +21 or 22.

Should I start dropping my shield mastery feats to pick up diff impro crit ones?

And Ill prob slot that Resonance on another piece of random gen items...I was gonna put it on an upgrade Epic Locus of Vol but that Blood Rage fucks w/ my spell casting (self healing/refreshing haste and displace) and I don't like that

Is the Eidolon (sp?) From Haunted Halls really any good for a swashie?

Thanks
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2014 at 11:46am by Puppies »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #9 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 12:09pm
Print Post  

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 12:09pm:

translation: you are gay and retarded!

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #11 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 1:12pm:
translation: you are gay and retarded!

That's litterally the best you can think of?

Go visit a Baghdad brothel on a Thursday...

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #12 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Ok but tell your mom to take a shower this time.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #13 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 2:38pm:
Ok but tell your mom to take a shower this time.

Your ignorance is palpable.

Thursday in Afghanistan is synonomous with something completely different than a traditional brothel.

It would be more accurate if you told my BROTHER to take a shower...to which I'd requote your orignal "translation" back to you.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #14 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 2:55pm:
Your ignorance is palpable.

Thursday in Afghanistan is synonomous with something completely different than a traditional brothel.

It would be more accurate if you told my BROTHER to take a shower...to which I'd requote your orignal "translation" back to you.

Whatever, just tell him to shave his ass this time.

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

bleedblast
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
If you want a high crit bard swashie do dwarf with axes if you trying to get high crits with other race you doing it wrong.
If you use a rapier like me high crits don't care (1.5k to 1.8k or helpless 2k+) just often crits 80% of the time, run DC get a crit profile of 13-20 enjoy exploit weaknesses getting crit profiles of 11-20 to 2-20 all the time. I don't use fascinate just a guard breaking buckler + cleaves awesome cc and dps (with MF or without it still awesome dps).  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2014 at 3:43pm by bleedblast »  

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #16 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
bleedblast wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 3:42pm:
If you want a high crit bard swashie do dwarf with axes if you trying to get high crits with other race you doing it wrong.
If you use a rapier like me high crits don't care (1.5k to 1.8k or helpless 2k+) just often crits 80% of the time, run DC get a crit profile of 13-20 enjoy exploit weaknesses getting crit profiles of 11-20 to 2-20 all the time. I don't use fascinate just a guard breaking buckler + cleaves awesome cc and dps (with MF or without it still awesome dps).  Cheesy

Okay yah I gues I shouldve said that.
Im a human SWF/buck rapier.

The Vuln procs from the TF and Impro Dest. procs from Swashie are great though.

I was wondering if the Cha to Dam was making it low, or the fact that its going to be that low. Since my guildie on Khyber is running a drow elf rapier swashie and was getting those 2.5k crits

My crit rate is pretty frequent though with that Insight crit range proc too.

Appreciate the insight and the help thus far.

IP Logged

bleedblast
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
yes dwarf can get to 8k maybe blitzing and rolling 19-20 with a decent crit profile for low crits plus awesome defense if you mix it with fighter but what I love of the bard fighter splash it's that the defense over 160 prr 27 dodge 80 mrr reflex 70+ so you can go be surrounded by 20 enemies in the storm horns EE and just focus in dps without worry about healing other builds can focus on dealing 50k crit if they want but if you need heal each fucking hit you got it's nothing. balanced build it's the way to go  Wink

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
If you're dropping the shield feats, pick up Precision for Thread The Needle. The extra to-hit and armor piercing will help you crit more, and is the same +5 damage versus Power Attack, without the to-hit penalties (since unless you're a shortsword using PDK you don't have Cha to-Hit.)

If you're not heavily invested in rapiers at the moment, the swashbuckling stance turns normal shortswords into rapier's crit profiles, and makes expanded profile SS's like Rebellion monsters.

If you TR and go the dorf route as suggested above, remember that the weapon needs to be "light" to swashbuckle with it. This rules out d-axes and limits you to handaxes. Except for TF/GS, there are no named handaxes to my knowledge.

Twist in legendary shield mastery and use Divine Crusader. Sentinel is not a damage destiny. Zeal fucking rocks. +50 mp and +50 double strike will make you very happy with your damage per second. You'll mow through shit before these friends can see their bigger number crits that happen once in a blue moon.

The more I use it, the less I'm a fan of 1st Degree Burns on TF weapons. They're limited to applying a stack of Vuln once every 2 seconds. I've hit the mob 9-11 times in that span of time, and getting 1% more damage out of it isn't as good as first impressions.

I still like Shield mastey over pure one-handed. I like the dodge and extra itemization slot... but that's my preference. The raw damage could be nice... but Guardbreaking on Cove bucklers is just too good for me to give up.

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #19 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 7:17pm:
If you're dropping the shield feats, pick up Precision for Thread The Needle. The extra to-hit and armor piercing will help you crit more, and is the same +5 damage versus Power Attack, without the to-hit penalties (since unless you're a shortsword using PDK you don't have Cha to-Hit.)

If you're not heavily invested in rapiers at the moment, the swashbuckling stance turns normal shortswords into rapier's crit profiles, and makes expanded profile SS's like Rebellion monsters.

If you TR and go the dorf route as suggested above, remember that the weapon needs to be "light" to swashbuckle with it. This rules out d-axes and limits you to handaxes. Except for TF/GS, there are no named handaxes to my knowledge.

Twist in legendary shield mastery and use Divine Crusader. Sentinel is not a damage destiny. Zeal fucking rocks. +50 mp and +50 double strike will make you very happy with your damage per second. You'll mow through shit before these friends can see their bigger number crits that happen once in a blue moon.

The more I use it, the less I'm a fan of 1st Degree Burns on TF weapons. They're limited to applying a stack of Vuln once every 2 seconds. I've hit the mob 9-11 times in that span of time, and getting 1% more damage out of it isn't as good as first impressions.

I still like Shield mastey over pure one-handed. I like the dodge and extra itemization slot... but that's my preference. The raw damage could be nice... but Guardbreaking on Cove bucklers is just too good for me to give up.

Yah I had missed the CC event, was in the field at the time training medics how to NOT kill people that fast.

I don't really take to much damage, 30 Dodge w/ all the other Blur/Dusk/Incorp/Displace with 84 PRR and 131 buffed AC is decently good at keeping me protected - however when I DO get hit...its for like 200ish on EE Tor/Storm Horns.

I am not planning on TR'ing this char. The build was more to prove to Completionist fucks that you dont need 30 past lives to make it in End Game.

Now If I stay w/ Skirmisher for the +10% Dodge and instead drop the Shield Masteries and pick up Precision and Overppower Crit would that give enough armor piercing?

And I have more than enough mats to make another Tier 3, I already have a Short Sword that I did Vuln/Armor Piercing/Half-Life on.

IF you dont do 1st Degree Burns on the Tier 1 then what route do you go for it? I kinda just made a shitload of TF's for the fuck of it...even have an undead-beater light mace and a Healing scepter for when all our gimped ass FVS die.

I was thinking of leveling up Divine Crusader...id lose about 200hp but Im sitting at around 1231 buffed w/ the Stand Against The Tide stance and +10 Con, and vit/false life items and a GS ConcOpp/Heal item.

Do you guys like Heal Proc defensive augments? I use golems heart and ConcOpp and the combined 6% chance of getting anywhere from 40-200hp is kinda good w/ my own healing thrown in there.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #20 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
the nerf to shields from shield mastery feats on lamannia is (allegedly) a bug. The intention was to strip the PRR & doublestrike benefits from orbs, not shields.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/452299-Shield-Mastery-feats-getting-a-...

Steelstar:
Quote:
This is a bug, and is planned to be fixed for U24. Thanks for the heads-up here as well as in Bug Reports.

The only intended change to the Shield Mastery feats in U24 is in the Lamannia release notes:

Quote Originally Posted by Lamannia U24 Release Notes
Shield Mastery and Improved Shield Mastery no longer function with Orbs.

IP Logged

bleedblast
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:56am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 9:56pm:
the nerf to shields from shield mastery feats on lamannia is (allegedly) a bug. The intention was to strip the PRR & doublestrike benefits from orbs, not shields.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/452299-Shield-Mastery-feats-getting-a-...

Steelstar:

yeah idc the shield mastery nerf too much don't have doublestrike item and still get 45% permanent doublestrike with zeal 95% action boost 75%  without ISM just need add a buckler with 7% and just lose 1% doublestrike 15 prr  and get 2 extra feats not bad  Cool
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2014 at 1:24am by bleedblast »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #22 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 9:12pm:
was in the field at the time training medics how to NOT kill people that fast.

A good skill to have. I appreciate it in all of my doctors and EMTs. For field medics I guess it's more of a bonus skill? Many of them are already not-killing you, and that counts for something.

NOT killing people. Ask for it by name.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 4:02am
Print Post  
If you want to see big numbers:

1. Grab a handaxe
2. Swap to LD
3. Twist in Sense Weakness.
4. Stack your blitz
5. Damage boost
6. Stun a mob
7. Roll a 19-20 crit on Mom Swing
8. Take a screenie
9. Copy paste the combat feed to your party in chat
10. ...
11. Swap to Divine Crusader for better DPS. (profit)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #24 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 1:46am:
A good skill to have. I appreciate it in all of my doctors and EMTs. For field medics I guess it's more of a bonus skill? Many of them are already not-killing you, and that counts for something

Some of the cherry dudes that come through the unit get super nervous during their evals. And do end up doing things that'd "Cause Further Harm to the Casualty"

Hence the crawl, walk, run things of having them do test dummys "Rescue Randy" > Goats/Pigs ?> In SOCOM, other dudes

5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 4:02am:
1. Grab a handaxe
2. Swap to LD
3. Twist in Sense Weakness.
4. Stack your blitz
5. Damage boost
6. Stun a mob
7. Roll a 19-20 crit on Mom Swing
8. Take a screenie
9. Copy paste the combat feed to your party in chat
10. ...
11. Swap to Divine Crusader for better DPS. (profit)

Going to try this...always wanted to use Divine Crusader, just got so used to Sentinel b/c of the extra hps

Now...for my NEW NEW Tier 3 Thunderforged..

What should I use on it?
Made one last nigh with 150 Sonic SP, Armor Piercing and the Half-Life proc...and that was kinda gay, my sonic procs from swashie went from doing a whomping 18-30 to a crushing 30-60 /sarcasm

Seems lots of the stupid end-game shit is undead and I have a feeling the Temple of Elemental Sodomy will have undead and xorian assholes so Negative energy doesnt seem to cut it

NEED MORE PROCS!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint