Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Cha to Dam Swashie Probs (Read 15330 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Cha to Dam Swashie Probs
Reply #25 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 7:28am
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 7:17am:
Some of the cherry dudes that come through the unit get super nervous during their evals. And do end up doing things that'd "Cause Further Harm to the Casualty"

Hence the crawl, walk, run things of having them do test dummys "Rescue Randy" > Goats/Pigs ?> In SOCOM, other dudes

Going to try this...always wanted to use Divine Crusader, just got so used to Sentinel b/c of the extra hps

Now...for my NEW NEW Tier 3 Thunderforged..

What should I use on it?
Made one last nigh with 150 Sonic SP, Armor Piercing and the Half-Life proc...and that was kinda gay, my sonic procs from swashie went from doing a whomping 18-30 to a crushing 30-60 /sarcasm

Seems lots of the stupid end-game shit is undead and I have a feeling the Temple of Elemental Sodomy will have undead and xorian assholes so Negative energy doesnt seem to cut it

NEED MORE PROCS!

Take touch of flames/touch of shadow/1st degree burns are the best tier one abilities. Make one of each.

Get your sonic spellpower on an epic chord of reprisals.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 7:40am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 4:02am:
If you want to see big numbers:

1. Grab a handaxe
2. Swap to LD
3. Twist in Sense Weakness.
4. Stack your blitz
5. Damage boost
6. Stun a mob
7. Roll a 19-20 crit on Mom Swing
8. Take a screenie
9. Copy paste the combat feed to your party in chat
10. ...
11. Swap to Divine Crusader for better DPS. (profit)

Rapier > Handaxe, for the purpose of swashbuckling + keen edge.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2014 at 7:43am by »  

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

"Sua Sponte" "De Oppresso
Liber"

Reply #27 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 8:50am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 7:28am:
Take touch of flames/touch of shadow/1st degree burns are the best tier one abilities. Make one of each.

Get your sonic spellpower on an epic chord of reprisals.

Time to farm Inferno Again :/ didnt even know that dropped there, some asshat told me it dropped in Epic GOP...granted, I should have googled it (like I just did)

Just gotta find a Buckler w/ Dodge on it. That belt will help w/ MRR and PRR at least.

Are there any good named Bucklers? Like I said, I missed the CC event for the Epic Swashbuckler...

And as far as the last weapon...only reason I stuck w/ rapiers is b/c I took Impro Crit: Pierce since for late-game Heroic I was rockin an Imp. Vorp, +5 Banish/GLOB and Turbulent Epee Rapiers...

Should I stick w/ Rapiers? Or switch over to SS/Handaxe? Since I can use em both with Impro Crit: Slash and try to build my Epic Enven Blade.

Thanks again guys.

Wish I had bought an Epic Stone to go w/ my Heroic Stone so I could just max out all my EDs.

"The Quieter you Become - the More you are able to Hear"

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #28 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 8:50am:
Are there any good named Bucklers?

Not may choices.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Buckler_shields

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 10:18am:

You are welcome.

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #30 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Guess Ill be farming Epic GOP and Inferno for the next foreseeable future trying to pull the Rising Light and the Epic Bard Necklace...Shit sandwich.

Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it. Guess it is all in the gear. Gonna revisit my enhancements and make some changes.

Don't want to be all FUBAR when lvl 30 cap gets released.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #31 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
With ruby of resonance adding 138 spell power on top of what you already have, you will inflict some huge amounts of sonic damage on crits. Ruby eye of force is a joke compared to that. Also the more melee power you can get, the better. Cha to damage is a waste of time, use int instead and take know the Angels from harper.

Yeah, max int on a bard.  Christ you're retarded.  No wonder your melees suck.

OP, grab the Epic Blasting Chime from Cannith.  CC buckler's the best, but the Orchard ones are ok.  Celestia's pretty sweet - you should be doing around 1k damage on a normal hit... it's magic because swash breaks it, but you'll still regularly get light damage.  TF weapons are fine, but get stuff that crits a lot.  You should be critting on at least a 13.  The two I prefer are Touch/Wrath/Crippling Flames and Touch of Shadows/Dragon's Edge/Burning Emptiness (Fire and Death, respectively.)  Smiley

I like going PDK with swash, so if you want to see that in action, hit me up on Khyber.  It's pretty smashy.  DC beats the hell out of anything else damage-wise, btw.  Just spam Confront and Strike Down.  Fully buffed, you should be doing about 2k on a normal hit and 6-8k on crits.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

bleedblast
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:

little correction Rapier > Handaxe, for the purpose of swashbuckling + exploit weaknesses. prefer 13-20 with 2-20 to 11-20 profile than a normal 11-20 on my TF weapons no matter what you will crit with exploit weaknesses.

If you wanna use keen edge make a 12 ftr 6 monk 2 pala or pure fighter Tongue not worth it in swashbuckler

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 6:55pm:
Yeah, max int on a bard.  Christ you're retarded.  No wonder your melees suck.

OP, grab the Epic Blasting Chime from Cannith.  CC buckler's the best, but the Orchard ones are ok.  Celestia's pretty sweet - you should be doing around 1k damage on a normal hit... it's magic because swash breaks it, but you'll still regularly get light damage.  TF weapons are fine, but get stuff that crits a lot.  You should be critting on at least a 13.  The two I prefer are Touch/Wrath/Crippling Flames and Touch of Shadows/Dragon's Edge/Burning Emptiness (Fire and Death, respectively.)  Smiley

I like going PDK with swash, so if you want to see that in action, hit me up on Khyber.  It's pretty smashy.  DC beats the hell out of anything else damage-wise, btw.  Just spam Confront and Strike Down.  Fully buffed, you should be doing about 2k on a normal hit and 6-8k on crits.

Know the Angles: Activation cost: [45/30/15] spell points. Cooldown: 20 seconds. Antirequisite: Divine Might. You gain an Insight bonus to damage and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Intelligence modifier for [30/60/120] seconds. Man you really are stupid aren't ya  Grin.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
bleedblast wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 7:38pm:
little correction Rapier > Handaxe for the purpose of swashbuckling + exploit weaknesses. prefer 13-20 with 2-20 to 11-20 profile than a normal 11-20 on my TF weapons no matter what you will crit with exploit weaknesses.

If you wanna use keen edge make a 12 ftr 6 monk 2 pala or pure fighter Tongue not worth it in swashbuckler

Keen edge > exploit weakness if you factor in abilities like momentum swing and en pointe expanding your critical threat range and therefore making it much more likely to remove all your stacks upon activation. I will let you do the math.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2014 at 8:06pm by »  

IP Logged

bleedblast
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Ran both versions but IN MY CASE, I keep with EW.
Momentum swing miss a lot when you cleave(in my case) need wait some seconds then use it those seconds I can dps more.

Different play styles and math

Talking about the OP hell no don't use US pls 200 hps it's not worth it lol and the 3BC slayer area have a good buckler
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Kobold_Admiral%27s_Tiller

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #36 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
Know the Angles: Activation cost: [45/30/15] spell points. Cooldown: 20 seconds. Antirequisite: Divine Might. You gain an Insight bonus to damage and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Intelligence modifier for [30/60/120] seconds. Man you really are stupid aren't ya  Grin.

So you spend 8 more points, don't get the to-hit, get 1/2-mod DC instead of 1/3, have to click it every two minutes, and blow all your CC.  Brilliant.

On a rogue, sure.  On a bard?   Yeahno.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #37 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 1:08am
Print Post  
bleedblast wrote on Dec 3rd, 2014 at 10:16pm:
Momentum swing miss a lot when you cleave(in my case) need wait some seconds then use it those seconds I can dps more.

If you're doing a cleave build, twist mom swing and lay waste.  That'll bring you up to 5 or 6 cleaves, so it's pretty constantly resetting.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 2:15am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Dec 4th, 2014 at 1:05am:
So you spend 8 more points, don't get the to-hit, get 1/2-mod DC instead of 1/3, have to click it every two minutes, and blow all your CC.  Brilliant.

On a rogue, sure.  On a bard?   Yeahno.

Are you fucking retarded ? 1/3 of your int mod is less dc gained than 1/2, plus the Duration is increased to 30/60/120 (1/1/1) and you will also get some extra damage which seems to be pretty significant to me. Do us a favor and get back to school once more. With 42 int you will gain +8 damage and +8 dc to your tactical feats for only 1 damn point.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2014 at 2:21am by »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #39 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 2:28am
Print Post  
except it's ranged damage only.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 2:44am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 4th, 2014 at 2:28am:
except it's ranged damage only.

Visual bug.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #41 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Quote:

I don't know why you are bringing up a Kensei enhancement for a pure bard build,...but I recommended handaxe for a damage screenshot because of Headsman's Chop. After that it doesn't matter as much what you swing because TF is optimal 99% of the time and swashbuckling equalizes* all the standard critical profiles.

*But if you are swashing in Divine Crusader like I recommended, you should be swinging a TF light pick, because Celestial Champion will add 50% more crit damage to a x4 weapon than a x3. (15-20x4 > 13-20x3)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #42 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 6:04am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 4th, 2014 at 2:59am:
I don't know why you are bringing up a Kensei enhancement for a pure bard build,...but I recommended handaxe for a damage screenshot because of Headsman's Chop. After that it doesn't matter as much what you swing because TF is optimal 99% of the time and swashbuckling equalizes* all the standard critical profiles.

*But if you are swashing in Divine Crusader like I recommended, you should be swinging a TF light pick, because Celestial Champion will add 50% more crit damage to a x4 weapon than a x3. (15-20x4 > 13-20x3)

Yah I'm in the process of leveling up Div Crusader...honestly didn't spend much time swapping ED's on my way to 28. Only ones at 5 are Fatesinger and Unyielding Sentinel.

I'll swap out to LPs once I max it out.

Still in the process off hunting down the Mystic Eidolons, Epic Chord of Reprisals and Epic Rising Light.

Question: Using Shadowforged Light Armor now....used to use Flawless (tier 3) Blue Scale Light Armor.

With the Mystic Eidolons I can pretty much get rid of the shadow shit...should I go back to Dragon armor, and maybe grind out 375 PDK Favor...or stick with that or other "basic" armors?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #43 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Flawless black is a no brainer for melee.

Epic red is nice in DC, since you'll want the combustion spellpower.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 7:29am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 4th, 2014 at 2:59am:

More crits + big numbers > less crits + slightly bigger numbers, also who the hell plays a pure bard nowadays ?
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2014 at 7:33am by »  

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

Liber"

Reply #45 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
More crits + big numbers > less crits + slightly bigger numbers, also who the hell plays a pure bard nowadays ?

I dont multiclass. Ever.

Plus the Evasion, Slippery Mind and Uncanny Dodge in the Swash tree made splashing monk or rogue useless.

Might switch over to black dragon...just sucks I lose 2 augment slots

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 9:52am
Print Post  
You'll want the highest crit range possible. Gaurdbreaking procs on crits and can AoE on cleaves. Hits everything undead, construct, ooze, w/e. Great for stopping chain swingers and the orange named Shades in wgu.

Dont bother with keen edge because exploit weakness is better, less feats, saves ap for a more synergistic tree in swashbuckler. If youre not going dwarf or anything with racial weapon modifiers then use vanguard for shield bash procs(Pick up improved shield bash feat too) and some +1 to dmg mods.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Dec 4th, 2014 at 9:43am:
Might switch over to black dragon...just sucks I lose 2 augment slots

Assuming you have dragon edge on your thunderforged. Go with Epic red scale. 1d6 fire per hit and flaming burst on crits, 2 slots, and like 5 foot said has more synergy with DC.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #48 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Unless you have extra fort somewhere else like Minos, I'd never trade Shadow striker light on any melee.
Unless you want to get crittted by Magma Brutes, Dragons, Deathknights and stuff.
86 spell power is not that hot when you can get 138 augments or even higher Potency.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 4th, 2014 at 9:52am:
You'll want the highest crit range possible. Gaurdbreaking procs on crits and can AoE on cleaves. Hits everything undead, construct, ooze, w/e. Great for stopping chain swingers and the orange named Shades in wgu.

Dont bother with keen edge because exploit weakness is better, less feats, saves ap for a more synergistic tree in swashbuckler. If youre not going dwarf or anything with racial weapon modifiers then use vanguard for shield bash procs(Pick up improved shield bash feat too) and some +1 to dmg mods.

Yea right, kensei (32 AP) will net you + 3 tactics, +3 extra boosts, haste boost, +4 dmg, +1 enhancement bonus when scoring a vorpal stacks 4 times (pretty easy to do when swf) +2 % doublestrike, power surge (+4 damage) keen edge (you Wont loose your crit bonus when activating momentum swing and en pointe since the crit bonus is consistent) +2 strength (+1 dmg) and + 4 damage from weapon specialization plus greater weapon specialization. That means you are giving up +17 damage on top of what i have mentioned so far. This is madness  Cheesy.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2014 at 11:45am by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint