Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Did they fix it? (Read 28559 times)
Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: Did they fix it?
Reply #50 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:16am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 12:47am:
Strangely, despite how abrasive the bunch of people are, here, its still nicer in many ways than the motherboard from whence I was banned...

Damn it, some "good" universe vaulties must've lagged through a ladder portal and are causing havoc again....

Pretty sure they kidnapped Epoch.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #51 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:16am:
Damn it, some "good" universe vaulties must've lagged through a ladder portal and are causing havoc again....

Pretty sure they kidnapped Epoch.

White phosphorus energy burst is on timer...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #52 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Face it: You're all decent, caring human beings, whether you like it or not.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #53 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 6:09pm:

Careful casting such egregious aspersions around here.     Huh
You might start a riot....

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #54 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 11:06pm:
On a completely unrelated note: did you know that posts seem to get deleted from these forums with an alarming frequency? Specifically, the ones that tend to detail exactly how to preform specific exploits.

I delete almost every post I make, which details how to do exploits. Figure why reward forum lurkers for months, when the posts are meant for folks who participate here frequently.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #55 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 1:40am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 6:09pm:

See, that is exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about. Your goatee is just glued on, isn't it?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #56 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 3:48am
Print Post  
Some Guy Here On The Boards wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 11:04pm:
I delete almost every post I make, which details how to do exploits. Figure why reward forum lurkers for months, when the posts are meant for folks who participate here frequently.

Yes, I've noticed. You also frequently tell people "its on the boards if you search for it". Kind of a dick move, really, but, ya know, it's all good. I know exactly where you're coming from and it does make total sense.

I just really wish people wouldn't keep saying the information is there when it has totally been deleted. Its just fine to make people participate and reward folks for actively joining in the conversation(I think that's actually cool) but sending people off on a wild goose chase is kind of assish.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #57 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 5:37am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 3:48am:
Yes, I've noticed. You also frequently tell people "its on the boards if you search for it". Kind of a dick move, really, but, ya know, it's all good. I know exactly where you're coming from and it does make total sense.

I just really wish people wouldn't keep saying the information is there when it has totally been deleted. Its just fine to make people participate and reward folks for actively joining in the conversation(I think that's actually cool) but sending people off on a wild goose chase is kind of assish.

Happy Holidays!

IP Logged

Whisp8
Korthos Resident

Reply #58 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 9:08am
Print Post  
So for how long on average exploit posts actually remain on the forum?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #59 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Whisp8 wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 9:08am:
So for how long on average exploit posts actually remain on the forum?

Anywhere from 5 minutes to a thousand billion years.

...I think my goatee just grew back.

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #60 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 3:48am:

Most exploits were fixed with this last go around. Before that, and just going through the last 10 or so pages of general chat here...

1) http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1399728611 (post about scripting exp farming, still works)

2) http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1417283526 (scipting card crunching, obviously outdated via last update)

3) http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1398456231 (thread that has had various ploits posted)

4) http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1416173365 (one version on dupe method, does not work anymore as posted)

5) http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1403120598/325 (I deleted my posts, but the thread still contained various other methods posted by others on how to dupe)

and there are other links too, but point already made. There has been discussions, methods shared, etc. that has been available to all in the general section. Since update though, few exploits work, and most of them worked long before the update.

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #61 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Some Guy Here On The Boards wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 6:49pm:
Most exploits were fixed with this last go around. Before that, and just going through the last 10 or so pages of general chat here...

1) http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1399728611 (post about scripting exp farming, still works)

2) http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1417283526 (scipting card crunching, obviously outdated via last update)

3) http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1398456231 (thread that has had various ploits posted)

4) http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1416173365 (one version on dupe method, does not work anymore as posted)

5) http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1403120598/325 (I deleted my posts, but the thread still contained various other methods posted by others on how to dupe)

and there are other links too, but point already made. There has been discussions, methods shared, etc. that has been available to all in the general section. Since update though, few exploits work, and most of them worked long before the update.

IP Logged

Whisp8
Korthos Resident

Reply #62 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 4:54am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 5:34pm:
Anywhere from 5 minutes to a thousand billion years.

...I think my goatee just grew back.

Am I expected to search the forums every 5 minutes for a simple duping exploit?  Cheesy

Since duping is basically my only way of ever getting Thunderforged items then I'll just have do what it takes, I guess.

(not that I can even play at the moment with the lag catastrophe going on on Khyber. People should be fired for this!)

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #63 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 7:10am
Print Post  
Whisp8 wrote on Jan 4th, 2015 at 4:54am:
Am I expected to search the forums every 5 minutes for a simple duping exploit? 

Once every day is usually enough.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Whisp8 wrote on Jan 4th, 2015 at 4:54am:
Am I expected to search the forums every 5 minutes for a simple duping exploit?  Cheesy

That or PM Epoch.  That always works.

IP Logged

tocaia
Korthos Resident

I see you there.

Fuck this shit.
Reply #65 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
hm these last days i really feel inclined to do it. i keep seing these methods to get things more easy, the game economy going bananas, characters getting through 2 lifes in a week... and me in this grinding wheel.

i really like ddo, but exploiters are so many and the developers seems so lazy to get things done well. There were so many good ideas to improve the game, problems to get solved. it just seems to me that in the entire project there are only 6 people making the things work around.  Undecided

i spent much money in this ddo, though i'm not vip. starting to regret, after seeing all that bullshit. but before i get out i'll have some playful rematch. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2015 at 7:25pm by tocaia »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
It's drives you nuts.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2015 at 11:10pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #67 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Moving to an Astral Shard economy is what really did it for me. Once that became a thing and they gave up trying to fix plat(which incidentally I had gone to great effort acquiring millions of legitimately) I sort of gave up on giving a shit.

Power-gamers or people who buy into the game will pull off 2 lives a week totally legitimately buy using Sovereign I potions and Otto's Boxes. Sure, these items can be duped and re-used, but there are still people buying their way to triple completionist like it's not a thing.

Whatever your motivations, just remember: other people having stuff you don't does nothing to hurt your enjoyment of the game Tongue

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jan 4th, 2015 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
I don't like tornadoes. My house has no cellar.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2015 at 11:10pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Fuck this shit.
Reply #69 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 3:56am
Print Post  
tocaia wrote on Jan 4th, 2015 at 7:22pm:
characters getting through 2 lifes in a week...

More like 2 lives a day!

Smiley

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Whisp8
Korthos Resident

Reply #70 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 5:51am
Print Post  
I've been a VIP for years and I'm on my long long way towards completionist (both heroic and epic). I highly doubt I will ever get there since I don't have a lot of free time and I'm not the fastest most efficient player out there.
I only found out about duping a few months ago and I've used it on some ingredients and anniversary cards. It's not like I'm competing with anyone or selling stacks on the AH. I just wanted to alleviate the annoying grind and make the game more fun to play (at least for me). I will probably still ER once per 2 months at best but at least now I have fully upgraded Pinion and Celestias to help me along the way.

Btw, can someone please explain to me the PM Epoch joke? I just don't get it being new and all.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #71 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 5:56am
Print Post  
Whisp8 wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 5:51am:
I've been a VIP for years and I'm on my long long way towards completionist (both heroic and epic). I highly doubt I will ever get there since I don't have a lot of free time and I'm not the fastest most efficient player out there.
I only found out about duping a few months ago and I've used it on some ingredients and anniversary cards. It's not like I'm competing with anyone or selling stacks on the AH. I just wanted to alleviate the annoying grind and make the game more fun to play (at least for me). I will probably still ER once per 2 months at best but at least now I have fully upgraded Pinion and Celestias to help me along the way.

Btw, can someone please explain to me the PM Epoch joke? I just don't get it being new and all.

Send him a PM. He will explain it best.

Oh, and ER and TR are on separate timers. You should start taking advantage of that.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #72 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 6:03am
Print Post  
Whisp8 wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 5:51am:

If someone responds with "PM Epoch", they're flipping you off.
You can try to actually PM Epoch, but you might not enjoy the experience....

That said, if you're polite and lucky, I have always found him to be a friendly and personable guy who is very chatty and wise to the world.

IP Logged

Whisp8
Korthos Resident

Reply #73 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 7:18am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 5:56am:
Send him a PM. He will explain it best.

Oh, and ER and TR are on separate timers. You should start taking advantage of that.

I don't care much about the timers since there's no chance I can level up to cap before the timer ends anyway. Currently I'm trying to get 9 martial ERs and only then TR again. Hopefully by then I will have enough completions of VoN56 to get the shard of SoS.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #74 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 10:11am
Print Post  
tocaia wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 7:26am:

Read.

Keeper of the Vault wrote on Jun 26th, 2009 at 2:50am:
#1 RULE: DON'T MAKE STRAKE WORK!

Yeah, I know, we're here to get away from the rules.  Bear with me here, I'll make this brief.

• Keep the forum safe for work, image-wise.  By this, I mean have some consideration for the slackers amongst us... instead of hotlinking that image of you fornicating with a sheep, link it and note that it is "NSFW" (Not Safe For Work).  Tagging a thread as NSFW will meet this requirement.   Smiley and  Smiley smilies are also an appropriate way to indicate "NSFW" content.
  • Don't reveal someone else's personal information.  Just keep it reasonable.  Call someone by their first name?  Not really an issue.  Post their credit card number?  Too far.
  • New rules can be added at the staff's discretion.
  • Staff may respond to specific incidents not covered by these rules as required.

You may use whatever language you feel is appropriate.

To give you an idea of how I envision this forum being moderated: aside from correcting minor things like changing a questionable hotlink to a URL, very little. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint