Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Jerry Gets Divorced (Read 31078 times)
gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Jerry Gets Divorced
Reply #25 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
My brother got divorced last year and they kept it so quite, that no one in the family or his work knew about it for three months.

That is another one of the upsides of a amicable split, they consciously adjusted all the family's routines and schedules over a period of weeks prior to anyone knowing so the kids were used to the change before anyone accidentally said  anything about it. That way when they would talk about it with the kids it wasn't all wrapped up in their world being turned upside down.

I feel bad for Cordo, or anyone who gets a divorce (even if they want it) especially this time of year. But I can't imagine posting it, must be my age.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #26 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 4:57pm:
wat?

Arkat big blow up sharing crap on Oak and his interest in Grace when her kid tried to commit suicide or whatever it was...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #27 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:15pm:
Arkat big blow up sharing crap on Oak and his interest in Grace when her kid tried to commit suicide or whatever it was...

As I recall, rest took no real part in that one way or the other.

Besides, Oak's RL conduct towards Grace showed him as a despicable person. On top of that, he claimed on numerous times on the Vault how good a person he was or how much integrity he had. There were numerous instances of his flat out lie telling.

Jerry's conduct doing his job on the motherboards is in no way analogous to Oak's conduct here. Oak brought his nonsense here, publicly (I did expose it though with some help). Jerry has not.
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:30pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #28 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 1:17pm:
Oh I don't mind that, everyone is responsible for the shit we post in social media; I just find it weird how making fun of Cordo for being retarded has evolved into buddies stalking his facebook page and chatting about his private life and his divorce while playing DDO.

If he put it on the Facebook, it's no longer private life, and is open to discussion or ridicule.

Why is it weird to chat about people who do notable things? Jerry's actions are notable.  He's arrogant in that he can't be bothered to improve his crummy play and chooses to create a document of this by streaming it on the interwebs.  His lopsided moderation of the ddo forums is egregiously arrogant, and he has stated that he sees himself in a parental role over his children on the forums.

The way Jerry treats people is within his control and in the case of the DDO community is reprehensible.   If he treated his marital relationship the same way he treats the community, then good for her for leaving.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #29 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:28pm:
If he put it on the Facebook, it's no longer private life, and is open to discussion or ridicule.

Why is it weird to chat about people who do notable things? Jerry's actions are notable.  He's arrogant in that he can't be bothered to improve his crummy play and chooses to create a document of this by streaming it on the interwebs.  His lopsided moderation of the ddo forums is egregiously arrogant, and he has stated that he sees himself in a parental role over his children on the forums.

The way Jerry treats people is within his control and in the case of the DDO community is reprehensible.   If he treated his marital relationship the same way he treats the community, then good for her for leaving.

How do you know SHE left? Maybe Jerry ended it?

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #30 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:24pm:
As I recall, rest took no real part in that one way or the other.

Besides, Oak's RL conduct towards Grace showed him as a despicable person. On top of that, he claimed on numerous times on the Vault how good a person he was or how much integrity he had. There were numerous instances of his flat out lie telling.

Jerry's conduct doing his job on the motherboards is in no way analogous to Oak's conduct here.

Now why can't you just let me stir up trouble...

One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #31 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:31pm:
Now why can't you just let me stir up trouble...

Because even though rest dogpiled on me in a thread over in Gawna's short-lived Cavern, he doesn't deserve any crap here regarding what happened with me, Oak, Grace, and Gawna.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #32 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
now I am really confused..

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #33 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:31pm:
How do you know SHE left? Maybe Jerry ended it?

I don't know, but it's a safe bet that banning is the boundary of Jerry's effort scale,  and so if action was taken, that he did not Initiate, because that is the kind of person he has shown himself to be.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Reply #34 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:38pm:
now I am really confused..

Yeah, I prolly should have replied to Arkat's post instead of yours...  Hell, I'm still a Newb here next to you guys!

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #35 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 10:57am:
Divorce isn't a joking matter. Sorry to hear about it Jerry.

Leave the comedy to the comedians.  you have no idea what is and isnt' funny.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #36 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:34pm:
Because even though rest dogpiled on me in a thread over in Gawna's short-lived Cavern, he doesn't deserve any crap here regarding what happened with me, Oak, Grace, and Gawna.

you're still whinging about that?  WGAS?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #37 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:32pm:
you're still whinging about that?  WGAS?

I've never mentioned the rest stuff before. Anywhere. EVER.
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:44pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #38 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:28pm:
Leave the comedy to the comedians.  you have no idea what is and isnt' funny.

Maybe. I know you're a moron though.

Happy Holidays
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:43pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #39 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 6:34pm:

True enough. Frankly, no one deserved what happened. It just served as a giant warning about the risks of sharing personal information. Which is a shame. Those who use personal information maliciously get a pass, while the targets of malice get blamed for being targetable.

Dynamics of Bullying 101.

Back on subject, if you find yourself gloating over someone's divorce because they are bad at their job, you likely have an emotional regulation issue. If not a greater and more disturbing problem: having trouble distinguishing between events related to a a video game and events related to ... anything that happens when you turn off the computer.

Look into DBT. If medication works for you, you're one of the lucky ones. Take your fucking medication, asshole.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #40 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
did my due diligence.

I don't think his facebook is active anymore.  His other social media mention nothing.

Matter of fact, I still see pictures of he, his wife, and son Jeffrey.

This is personal information anyway, why even divulge or make it up?

Answer:  to be a douche.

IP Logged

TheRealCordovan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Someone that is close to Cordovan, our Community Manager, told me that he announced his divorce from his wife of 10 years on his Facebook page today.  So here is your chance, ladies (or perhaps fellas).

This is just BS.
Best thing you idiots can do is switch off your computers and go get a life, instead of trying to live someone's else's.
I can't believe how low you will stoop for laughs.

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #42 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Here we go

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 1:46am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:08pm:
Yeah, I prolly should have replied to Arkat's post instead of yours...  Hell, I'm still a Newb here next to you guys!

Nah, you're just being the typical CumPercenter who is raising children who will turn into suicide bombers.  Your kids are going to want to kill themselves once they realize what a shitstain they got their genes from.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #44 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 2:24am
Print Post  
I'm sorry to hear this, if it is true.

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #45 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Terrible, terrible news. Condolences.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #46 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 1st, 2015 at 8:20pm:
True enough. Frankly, no one deserved what happened. It just served as a giant warning about the risks of sharing personal information. Which is a shame. Those who use personal information maliciously get a pass, while the targets of malice get blamed for being targetable.

Dynamics of Bullying 101.

If you're a prison guard, you don't wear your home address on your uniform.  If you're a forum Nazi, you should at least take some steps to protect your private life.  I have no reason to be targeted, but even my facebook is locked down where some asshat from the vault can't pry into my private life.

Common sense 101.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #47 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 6:58am:
If you're a prison guard, you don't wear your home address on your uniform.  If you're a forum Nazi, you should at least take some steps to protect your private life.  I have no reason to be targeted, but even my facebook is locked down where some asshat from the vault can't pry into my private life.

Common sense 101.

Nothing preventing both statements from being true.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Not sure where the OP got divorce info.  A little trip over to Cuntovan''s FB page doesn't show anything about a divorce.

https://www.facebook.com/jerrysnook

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
This thread is creepy, even for the vault.

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint