Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Lagapalooza '14/15 - It's the players' fault (Read 15826 times)
DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Lagapalooza '14/15 - It's the players' fault
Jan 2nd, 2015 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Paladins on the DDO forums spreading theories that the latest unplayable state of the game is due to users not having adequate hardware.

Like here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/454022-Lagging-Rule-out-your-system-sp...

Shocked

Right, blame the players, defend Turdin, the old pattern. fucktards!  Smiley

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: Lagapalooza '14/15 - It's the players' fault
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
I dont have lag in ddo. None at all

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
I rarely experience lag in game.  I don't group much more than 1 or 2 guildies, though.  It's rare enough that it doesn't bother me.  I don't expect perfection from an online game. 

I have a nice alienware machine.  But I do still experience lag, occasionally.  It's not all client side hardware or client side inet bandwidth.  I'm sure that can be a factor, though.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
but wasnt the lag caused by the duping?
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:19pm by Barkabout »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:16pm:
I dont have lag in ddo. None at all

You quit playing, that's one way to not have lag in DDO.

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Lag is caused by monks using Master's Blitz; the whole server has to slow down during the slow-motion part of the film.

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:46pm:
Lag is caused by monks using Master's Blitz; the whole server has to slow down during the slow-motion part of the film.

That's complete nonsense, it's the tree animation. Oh, and pets of course. AND not to forget, prismatic ray and Ottos. AND zombies in the orchard.

Kiss

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
sheeeesh

we all know its caused because too many groups are running the titan raid

IP Logged

GimpyPaw
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
I was in a group today, and huge shocker, we were lagging out.  So in the ensuing bitch session I heard 2 reasons for the lag that were news to me.

Apparently it's due to:

1) Dupers.  Yes, even now I guess there are so many people actively duping and exploiting that it's causing lag in the game.

2) The "auto-kill" program that people are running.  Not much details on this, as none of the people bitching about it had any first-hand knowledge of it, but apparently there is a program you can run in the background that will allow you to instantly kill every mob in a room or quest.

Personally I'd be interested to know how insta-killing everything in a dungeon would cause lag.  Would have thought it would work the other way around myself. 

Anyway, that's what's causing the lag I guess.  Cheaters, it's all their fault.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
GimpyPaw wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:04pm:
I was in a group today, and huge shocker, we were lagging out.  So in the ensuing bitch session I heard 2 reasons for the lag that were news to me.

Apparently it's due to:

1) Dupers.  Yes, even now I guess there are so many people actively duping and exploiting that it's causing lag in the game.

2) The "auto-kill" program that people are running.  Not much details on this, as none of the people bitching about it had any first-hand knowledge of it, but apparently there is a program you can run in the background that will allow you to instantly kill every mob in a room or quest.

Personally I'd be interested to know how insta-killing everything in a dungeon would cause lag.  Would have thought it would work the other way around myself. 

Apparently you quest with complete idiots or trolls.  Or both. 

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #10 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Bah! Really guys you all should know by now it is the fvs archon that is the cause.

IP Logged

Some Guy Here On The Boards
Ghostbaned

Somewhere on Korthos Island

Reply #11 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
I picked up Dark Souls 2 today and have noticed a considerable decline in both lag and bugs.

IP Logged

Stoogie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 12:22am
Print Post  

K, remember the fun little feature monks had a while back, where swapping handwraps would add the effects of the wraps together?Like if you kept swapping between shocking and icy wraps, it would add the 1d6 of shock/ice damage for every time it swapped?
It used to cause crazy lag, as the server had to do a whole bunch of calcs at once, bringing the army of commodore 64s they host this game on to a halt.
People would one shot raid bosses, then it would take a few minutes for everyone to catch up.

So, if one were to theoretically have an instakill program, i would venture to guess it would cause a similar lag, as the server would need to do a bunch of calcs for every mob you killed.

Epoch wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:44am:
Beating up women isn't the same as fucking them.  Also, shame on you for doing so.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #13 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:18pm:
but wasnt the lag caused by the duping?

I blame Feather of Sun:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2894840/Mystery-sun-s-south-pole-...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
as a dark area covered all of its base

Meme time!

http://youtu.be/8fvTxv46ano

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 2:16am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 2:12am:

THANK YOU!

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #16 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 2:39am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 2:20pm:
Paladins on the DDO forums spreading theories that the latest unplayable state of the game is due to users not having adequate hardware.

Like here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/454022-Lagging-Rule-out-your-system-sp...

Shocked

Right, blame the players, defend Turdin, the old pattern. fucktards!  Smiley

Am I allowed to mention Notwork and the stupidity of using Cogent as a Carrier as a source of Lag ?
( note : I'm node defending Turbine, as they should be the one that made the decision to use Cogent as a Carrier )

I know I posted links of people from Other Games whining that Cogent makes them lag somewhere in a thread in the official stuff...
I'm not going to repost them here.

Point of Fact :
Except on a few rare occasions in my guild we never lags at our prime time. When we do lag, the whole server is lagging ( if not all the servers ) at the same time.
Other point of Fact :
Our few US players ( in guild ) complains about Lag, while none of the European has any lag ( at the same time )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #17 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 4:12am
Print Post  
[quote author=5F6361694B797544697E690C0 link=1420226432/11#11 date=1420260492]I picked up Dark Souls 2 today and have noticed a considerable decline in both lag and bugs. [/quote]

How is the game?
I got many recoms from friends to try it out, they say its quite brutal, but also that i play first one as well

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #18 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 5:12am
Print Post  
I hate those threads - they always devolve into a bunch of nincompoops arguing for and against Turdbine.

I wonder if Meli threw that one in for laughs?

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #19 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Meli is too fucking stupid to intelligently throw anything in anywhere for a laugh

IP Logged

Shmuel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 11:01am
Print Post  
[quote author=133D39242D043523540 link=1420226432/8#8 date=1420247044

Anyway, that's what's causing the lag I guess.  Cheaters, it's all their fault. [/quote]

I use this program all the time. It is called "Dungeons and Dragons Online", you just need a moderate amount of practice and a small amount of thinking and everything in the room is dead very quickly.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 11:18am
Print Post  
That program is really simple,basically you cause lag on the client side and your AOEs are amplified with more active skills that stack.
Its available in most script/mod sites but with a price.

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #22 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 11:55am
Print Post  
I forgot to mention the following this morning :

2) The "auto-kill" program that people are running. 

Autokill programs were used to kill all the awesomium processes...
They are not of any use anymore, since last update Turbine went back to the awesomium DDL instead of spawning multiple useless processes.
Seems they finally got somebody with a clue to work on that bit of spaghetti code.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #23 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 12:39pm
Print Post  

Heads up, guys - this game was released before most of us bought/built the machines we play on today. While they've moved along with DX to some degree, the game's load on client hardware hasn't really changed that much.

In other words, this game is now running on client machines significantly more advanced than it was designed for. Don't believe me? Look at the current recommended specs (not min specs, recommended specs) - they're about the level of current phones...

Turdbine has been blaming client systems since the first lag spike. They even went so far as to eliminate many of the emergent gameplay aspects of the game, all in the name of preventing client-side lag.

DDO is laggy. For the majority of users, compared to other games, it will always be laggy. The client-side excuse wore out three generations of processor fab width ago. The problem is DDO. Don't believe any other bullshit.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #24 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
People on main forums start questioning and suspecting each other of causing the lag. The most ludicrous theories start to spread. Luke getting buffs from the 'wrong' ship. This is beginning to get me entertained.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint