Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Lagapalooza '14/15 - It's the players' fault (Read 15864 times)
Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Re: Lagapalooza '14/15 - It's the players' fault
Reply #50 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jan 4th, 2015 at 7:07am:
The different game worlds have different lag profiles.

Next time you're rubberbanding, log into another server with a different account and compare, keeping the original connection open.

Some lag comes from pinch points on the route and impacts all servers, but the debilitating stuff that people are complaining about right now is not happening to all the servers.

Yeah, this.

Even different instances within the same server have different lag. I dual box a lot (well, as a relative percent of my time in DDO, which isn't that much lately) and I can have 2 clients running on the same computer controlling 2 characters in the same party on the same server but in different zones and have staggering lag on one but not the other, So, um, no, my hardware doesn't change during my alt-tab.

There may be multiple sources of lag, but anyone who believes lag doesn't come from Turdbin is an idiot.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Lagapalooza '14/15 - It's the players' fault
Reply #51 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 9:58pm:
I can have 2 clients running on the same computer controlling 2 characters in the same party on the same server but in different zones and have staggering lag on one but not the other, So, um, no, my hardware doesn't change during my alt-tab.

Indeed. I have had crippling lag in abbot instance 2049, and yet instance 2050 abbot would be fine on other account.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint