Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Another banning (Read 10243 times)
Yellowsnow
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Another banning
Jan 5th, 2015 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
....and another clueless person gets banned.

I wonder how long this will last before being cubed.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/454176-Disciplinary-actions-taken-too-...

Full Text:

Quote:
01-05-2015, 09:18 PM #1
orbit
Community Member

Default Disciplinary actions taken too far?

A friend of mine, who's has been playing ddo as a vip for maybe 4 years, recently got banned from the game allegedly for exploiting. When he was able to log back in again, the gm or who ever does these things had taken everything from him. Everything means his mats, his armor, his boots of propulsion, etc. Having lost everything he's been working for for years, this player no longer has any interest in the game and has cancelled his vip subscription.

What I would like to know, is this intentional or incompetence? Did the gm take all his things to get him to quit, or did they just not know what to take? Does turbine staff follow any kind of protocol or are they letting e.g. interns do this?

I am appalled, especially after hearing of clean outs being completely random, as well as innocent people getting banned.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Re: Another banning
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Smileynot his BOOTS OF PROPULSION!!!!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2015 at 11:43pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:01am
Print Post  
garbage game is garbage.

the best part of that thread is the little turbine dick lickers will come to defend their cock giver. All the while not knowing a fucking thing about how the process really works. They didnt delete the guy's stacks  of augments, timers, basically anything that could be put on the ASAH. Yeah, all of his tradeable shit is still on his account. Guess they like duped goods on the ASAH...  Turbine doesnt give a fuck they just had to make it look like theyre doing something so hal, hendrik, qhualor and uska can circle jerk to their own posts about how righteous they are.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:15am
Print Post  
As i said long time ago, i legitely traded for some mats, the person that traded me aka i gave items for it to get mats in return /was for the eldritch save ritual for fks sake not even smthn that important/ got banned and i got a insta ban since i traded with that person.

I didnt know you can be caught by such bshit.
Now i dont know what really happend, if a tard in channel reported me or whatever /im generally hated since i easily tell people they are idiots n such, would had deserved a ban for rudeness but not for ploiting.

AFter i get back from ban, dudes deleted every single fk i had, didnt touch most of my mats luckily, but they deleted yugo pots (why d fuck?), all my cards /that i got from weeks of runing alt accs to harbor and god knows how many trades / some hard earned seals shards.
It was totally random deleted, no rule set, totally idiotic.

WHen i came back, was raged as fk.
But hey i got new cards from a friend that kindly duped the shit out of that garbage and got all my stuff back from kind people that duped the shit out of everything.
If not for the dupe exploit to give me back what i initially had and lost from turbines incompetency to control their game and ban people that did nothing, i would had quit ddo way way sooner.

Now im in pause mode awaiting at new content, not really playing.
But, i dont expect much from turbine to be perfectly honest.
I dont expect anything from those tards beside to fuck up more of this game and piss off the least ammount of decent players they have and force everyone to quit ddo

But its silly you can basically mail crap to someone and report them for duping and force a ban on that person.
Thats how ddo is
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:18am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:43am
Print Post  
Complaining about a ban on the motherboard doesn't help at all. It just get's Jerry involved and I guess that won't raise ones odds ....

Take it like a man or quit DDO completly....
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2015 at 6:16am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 6:04am
Print Post  
TL: DR - Turdbine have their policies around this all wrong.
It is lose:lose - not a smart strategy.

My main gripe is with the philosophy behind this.
The application is typical Turdbine and a complete pile of stinky turd.
I'm not against punishment at all, I just think their approach is all wrong if they want it to be an effective deterrent.

In a former role, I had to address rampant theft amongst the workforce.  When you start looking into this area of behaviour, you start to understand the psychology, motivations and thinking behind this.  It was quite an eye opening experience.

So Turdbine believe you have exploited - some accounts would be bloody obvious, others like Lelouch's example might be more subjective.
Yet they apply the same ham fisted punishment of 7-28 day holiday and random item deletion to all offenders.
My question is what does this actually achieve?

Turdbine seem to be caught between two options and have chosen the worst of both worlds.
The more draconian approach is if you're caught cheating, your account is gone.  Permabanned.
The more liberal approach is a holiday and removal of targeted specific items.
The latter actually becomes a PITA to administer and would be time consuming as all hell on big accounts.  It would also require the Turdbine interns to actually know something about the game.

The worst option is to let some intern rape the person's account, and then let them come back to see it.  It is a childish, unprofessional approach and does nothing but foster resentment. It's like a corporate raspberry to their customers.

Why is it bad?
The draconian approach gets the cheaters out of the game (or start from scratch).  The consequences might actually deter some offenders.
The liberal approach acts more as a warning, and combined with a two strikes policy would work well.  You actually do want to keep customers, but encourage more responsible behaviour where possible, but this is news to Turdbine.

What the chosen middle ground approach does is either (a) have the banned player return, but alienate them and make them even more hardcore exploiterz; or (b) have them say fuck it, leave the game and bad mouth it to everyone who will listen.
The sheer randomness of the deletions is just an in your face insult - which some juvenile at Turdbine thinks is justified (and I imagine they think it is funny too).

They can't employ the draconian approach because they don't have enough customers to be able to afford permabans, and they realise they're too incompetent to isolate the false positives.

Unfortunately their chosen approach probably yields a very similar outcome, but enables embittered players to return and infect other players and make the community more toxic as a result. 
And it would seem everything they touch turns to poo.

Current Practice is:
* not transparent - bannable to talk about disciplinary actions.  They could consider publishing the account/toons of people caught.  Pros and cons to this.
* inconsistent - completely unclear how 7-28 days is arrived at, and why certain actions are taken against some accounts and not others.  The secrecy also means the punishments are very subjective.
* perception of unfairness - there does not appear to be an independent review process, nor any capability to investigate transactions to isolate false positives.  Also some accounts operate with protected status and the community know this and it stinks of cronyism.
* communication - the only comms have been Extreme Prejuduce (tm).  Because they lack maturity and professionalism, they think the veil of secrecy allows them more flexibility.

Policies around this are never easy, but they obviously lack mgmt maturity and CS experience.  Clear communication of the rules, combined with consistent, transparent and fair application of the rules is always going to yield a better outcome than the current practice.

« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2015 at 8:43am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 6:17am
Print Post  

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 7:11am
Print Post  
This one is up and active for quite a while now and Chai + Hendrik showed up.

Yellowsnow wrote on Jan 5th, 2015 at 8:36pm:

« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2015 at 8:31am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #8 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 10:33am
Print Post  
"
01-06-2015, 07:44 AM

Hendrik

Community Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post

This thread will be deleted within two hours. You cannot even talk about disciplinarian actions.

Bans can be appealed.

Many players have been banned, appealed, and back to playing. No, I am not one of them(fingers crossed). There was a whole bunch on Ghallanda in a couple guilds that were almost completely wiped out in 2009?

Obviously, the OP or the OPs "friend", knows they did something since they started off with mats or material as being eliminated.

If you do the crime don't be surprised when you have to do the time.
Yep.

Guess the OP or his "friend" didn't pay attention when we were told they would be watching duping after they put fixes in.

The OP or his "friend" let greed take control. The OP, or "friend", rolled the dice and hoped his/her cheating would not get noticed, gladly, it did.

Taken to far? No. They need to be far more aggressive.

If Turbine needs to know where more exploiters are, I know a place. "

He is the one of the most sanctimonious, narrow-minded, simplistic, fundementally clueless CUNTS I have ever met....and fuck knows I've met a few.

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 10:47am
Print Post  
merciless wrote on Jan 6th, 2015 at 10:33am:
"
01-06-2015, 07:44 AM

Hendrik

Community Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post

This thread will be deleted within two hours. You cannot even talk about disciplinarian actions.

Bans can be appealed.

Many players have been banned, appealed, and back to playing. No, I am not one of them(fingers crossed). There was a whole bunch on Ghallanda in a couple guilds that were almost completely wiped out in 2009?

Obviously, the OP or the OPs "friend", knows they did something since they started off with mats or material as being eliminated.

If you do the crime don't be surprised when you have to do the time.
Yep.

Guess the OP or his "friend" didn't pay attention when we were told they would be watching duping after they put fixes in.

The OP or his "friend" let greed take control. The OP, or "friend", rolled the dice and hoped his/her cheating would not get noticed, gladly, it did.

Taken to far? No. They need to be far more aggressive.

If Turbine needs to know where more exploiters are, I know a place. "

He is the one of the most sanctimonious, narrow-minded, simplistic, fundementally clueless CUNTS I have ever met....and fuck knows I've met a few.

What a fucking bitch...

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #10 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Cordos words:

People whose only actions were to potentially buy questionable items off the Auction House are unlikely to get caught in this net, as we have the ability to determine who was actually duplicating items

So is this a joke for the upcoming april first?
I mean its  a bit to soon dear cordo

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #11 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 11:43am
Print Post  
It's once again  the Monkey and Sloppy Work Concept.

As long as you don't do anything to make you noticeable, they can't find out if you have duped or not.

On the other hand, once they get a report that you might have been involved in duping, they will catch you if you did...

It's just that the logs are probably so huge that unless somebody rats out on a particular character they won't go looking for it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #12 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
reminder: people only dupe because it is a more acceptable grind than doing it legit.

no one wants to run deathwyrm, once every 3 days, for 360 days to gear up one character.

no one wants to run shroud 40 times to craft one green steel item

no one wants to run VoN5 400 times for a SoS shard

no one wants to run mark of death, once every 3 days, for 2 years straight, to gear up one character

no one wants to run anything over and over, back to back ever. they do it because their goals require it. All people seek the most efficient means of reaching their goals. this is not a game of stagnation its a game of progress. people want to be actively growing and evolving. no one wants to literally do nothing for years on end waiting for their grind to end. duping exists because of phlogs, because of epic shards. duping exists because of raid timers. duping exists because of over inflated HP on mobs. duping exists because of weak xp rewards. duping exists because duping is more fun, more rewarding, and less of a grind than playing this game. the problem isnt the code, the problem isnt the players. the problem is the game being so shitty that humans find ways to circumvent and reduce the pain that playing it causes them.

how would I fix duping? put fucking everything in game into the ddo store, cut back the xp grind on epic destinies and epic levels, remove the shard house from game. reduce the timer on raids to 1 day, offer 20th lists every 10 runs. end game shouldn't be a scavenger hunt for items. end game should be stacking past lives. give everyone uniform access to power items, and let true power be earned through actual game time rather than item grind. a noob with end game gear is still useless, a pro with korthos gear can probably hold his own.

duping isnt the issue. it takes too much time to maximize the potential of a character. people save time by negating grinds through duping or other exploits. that allows them to play the game as they desire, as opposed to endless farming of unreachable goals.

we would all rather join random EE's to play with our friends, than solo EE vol 7 times per character non stop with a 'need looters, plz pass helm' lfg. Id rather risk inventory rape and find some way to exploit to accomplish my goal, than grind that shit without reward until the next quest pack invalidates any need one might have for aforementioned, unobtainable item.

Your time spent in ddo should not be determined by what you need to grind. People just wanna run with people. its a multiplayer game. no one plays multiplayer games to play alone. this is why duping is such a prevalent problem. people are trying to do what they want, play good characters with friends, despite the direction turbine's game would steer them- grinding single quests indefinitely.

anyone who has had an unreachable goal come to fruition as a result of exploits knows exactly what i mean. only the exploiters can know peace from this suffering

i just get mad every time one of you links me to the shithole forums. those people are so fucking awful, retarded, and cringeworthy. all those douches who know so little about anything, spewing their vile opinions directly into the ears of innocent players and devs alike. they are the poison that slowly kills ddo and they dont even know it.

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:05pm:
reminder: people only dupe because it is a more acceptable grind than doing it legit.

no one wants to run deathwyrm, once every 3 days, for 360 days to gear up one character.

no one wants to run mark of death, once every 3 days, for 2 years straight, to gear up one character

no one wants to run anything over and over, back to back ever. they do it because their goals require it. All people seek the most efficient means of reaching their goals. this is not a game of stagnation its a game of progress. people want to be actively growing and evolving. no one wants to literally do nothing for years on end waiting for their grind to end. duping exists because of phlogs, because of epic shards. duping exists because of raid timers. duping exists because of over inflated HP on mobs. duping exists because of weak xp rewards. duping exists because duping is more fun, more rewarding, and less of a grind than playing this game. the problem isnt the code, the problem isnt the players. the problem is the game being so shitty that humans find ways to circumvent and reduce the pain that playing it causes them.

how would I fix duping? put fucking everything in game into the ddo store, cut back the xp grind on epic destinies and epic levels, remove the shard house from game. reduce the timer on raids to 1 day, offer 20th lists every 10 runs. end game shouldn't be a scavenger hunt for items. end game should be stacking past lives. give everyone uniform access to power items, and let true power be earned through actual game time rather than item grind. a noob with end game gear is still useless, a pro with korthos gear can probably hold his own.

duping isnt the issue. it takes too much time to maximize the potential of a character. people save time by negating grinds through duping or other exploits. that allows them to play the game as they desire, as opposed to endless farming of unreachable goals.

we would all rather join random EE's to play with our friends, than solo EE vol 7 times per character non stop with a 'need looters, plz pass helm' lfg. Id rather risk inventory rape and find some way to exploit to accomplish my goal, than grind that shit without reward until the next quest pack invalidates any need one might have for aforementioned, unobtainable item.

Your time spent in ddo should not be determined by what you need to grind. People just wanna run with people. its a multiplayer game. no one plays multiplayer games to play alone. this is why duping is such a prevalent problem. people are trying to do what they want, play good characters with friends, despite the direction turbine's game would steer them- grinding single quests indefinitely.

anyone who has had an unreachable goal come to fruition as a result of exploits knows exactly what i mean. only the exploiters can know peace from this suffering

i just get mad every time one of you links me to the shithole forums. those people are so fucking awful, retarded, and cringeworthy. all those douches who know so little about anything, spewing their vile opinions directly into the ears of innocent players and devs alike. they are the poison that slowly kills ddo and they dont even know it.

Even shade agrees.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:32pm
Print Post  

agreed - main cause of duping si frustration. Wait thats second one. first one is shitty code

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #15 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 4:51pm
Print Post  

I cannot disagree with your logic.  It explains both Turdbine's and the players motivations well.  Very insightful Eighnuss.
All MMO's use grind as a mechanic, but DDO's lack of content and ability to invalidate old content means they have to turn up the grind-o-meter too high to keep people on the treadmill chasing the carrot(s).

Turdbine's motivation with raid loot is two fold.  Keep the hardcore players "busy" and increase sales of store items like Raid bypasses and pots.

Most people don't mind earning their objectives, but grinding for years for RND drops creates a sense of frustration not satisfaction.
How many times do you hear, "I have run VON 300 times for the eSOS shard, and the newb Sorc got it first time and kept it!"  Yeah, that is satisfaction.   Undecided

It's actually liberating in a way having duped.
I choose whether I play the raids.

I no longer really play most raids for items, but just to help guildies out.
It makes the game much more fun for me, and lessens the disappointment at looting time.   Grin

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 6:11pm
Print Post  

this. Naming names: Uska, Qhualor, Hal, Hendrik. Some of the most active retards I've ever seen on any forum anywhere of all time. ALL TIME!!!

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Tell me if I have this correct:

Quote:
GRIND HARD WHAAAAA SO DUPE OR QUIT CAUSE HELLOKITTY EASIER

Was that the proposed justification or explanation for duping?  Or did I miss something?

« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2015 at 6:45pm by IMARANGER »  

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #18 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Jan 6th, 2015 at 6:40pm:
Was that the proposed justification or explanation for duping?  Or did I miss something?

Yes.

text

I can think of some exceptions on why people dupe but that was pretty accurate.

Dear Turbine:
I will give you the mass dupe fix you've all been waiting for...
Wait for it...
Hold...
Get ready...

Stop making the most relevant end-game ingredients fucking bag items. You are welcome.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2015 at 7:12pm by Sasha »  

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Another dumbass who linked 5000 shadow scales in chat to impress his PUGmates.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 6th, 2015 at 6:11pm:
this. Naming names: Uska, Qhualor, Hal, Hendrik. Some of the most active retards I've ever seen on any forum anywhere of all time. ALL TIME!!!

Uska is the worst. Always trying not to puke when starting reading his trash of a lame excuse. If those above weren't there, ddo then wouldn't be in a state of dying as of right now.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2015 at 9:17pm by »  

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #21 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Uska is the worst. Always trying not to puke when starting reading his trash of a lame excuse. If those above weren't there, ddo then wouldn't be in a state of dying as of right now.

I'm curious - how are they responsible for DDO dying?

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 6th, 2015 at 10:56pm:
I'm curious - how are they responsible for DDO dying?

Are you serious ? for starters see https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/454199-A-couple-ideas.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Go away poser. Just go away.

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 6th, 2015 at 11:21pm:
Go away poser. Just go away.

Shut up and go suck meli more please mr. white knight  Cheesy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint