Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 2015 Producer's Letter (Read 46316 times)
Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: 2015 Producer's Letter
Reply #100 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
I was always stunned by it, and the big hit point items as well.

I had been off the game for a few months when it came out so didn't find out about those beasts until six or eight months later.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 11:13am:
DDO used to get this right but post EGH they've been invalidating loot far to quickly.  The +11 stat items made most of the EGH and prior loot worthless overnight.  Now the only thing in all of EGH worth farming is the friggin White dragon chest.

What exactly is worth farming in white dragon chest?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Jan 11th, 2015 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jan 11th, 2015 at 10:22pm:
What exactly is worth farming in white dragon chest? 

Optics.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #103 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Did they give an indication as to which class is getting revamped next?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 4:22am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 3:38am:

No more full revamping, on to new classes instead.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2015 at 4:23am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #105 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Well I'm brainstorming a rogue build, so at least my work won't get undone.

Let's see if I can get rogues nerfed.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 9:47am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 6:22am:
Let's see if Zoda and Zerk can get rogues nerfed.

ftfy thank me later Grin

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #107 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 10:39am
Print Post  

I would like to see videos of other classes or builds to be honest.
That one guy heavy armour blitz rogue in Break in the Ice perfectly showed what the fuck is wrong with this game.
Blitz pally, blitz barb, blitz fighter, blitz swashbuckler, it's pretty fucking boring. Where are other classes, like casters ?
Or even other destinies.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #108 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 11:12am
Print Post  

Supposedly Ranger. Rogue also seems to be a possibility to be looked at.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #109 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Well I'm brainstorming a rogue build, so at least my work won't get undone.

Sneak attack tree?

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #110 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 11:12am:
Supposedly Ranger. Rogue also seems to be a possibility to be looked at.

No, Severlame says that the work on Rangers and Rogues has been done. Turbine has no intention to do any other class passes of the magnitude of what was done on Bards, Pallys, or Barbs.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #111 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 2:17pm:
No, Severlame says that the work on Rangers and Rogues has been done. Turbine has no intention to do any other class passes of the magnitude of what was done on Bards, Pallys, or Barbs.

No.

Here's what he actually said:

Quote:
This past year has seen changes that have allowed for powerful new builds. Heavy armor is no longer relegated to niche builds and has instead taken its place on the front line of the fight. The year saw large improvements for Bard, Paladin and Barbarian, as well as a few improvements for Ranger and Rogue. We added a new Bard tree with Swashbuckler, and the new Vanguard tree is now available to Fighter and Paladin. We also added the Harper Agent enhancement tree. This year also saw changes to help some heroic abilities scale into Epic levels, and a rebalance of the melee oriented Epic Enhancement trees.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/454324-Producer-s-Letter?p=5511443&vie...

He did not say the work on Rangers and Rogues was "done."

He also said nothing about any intentions about any magnitudes of any other class changes.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2015 at 3:20pm by Arkat »  

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Poor Arkat, trying to score some points back... what a fucking crybaby.

The letter comments are just where he and Turbine begin to soft sell the issue, and even a old has-been like you might notice that no mention of future passes are made there.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that someone like you with so little current knowledge of the game and end-game is so clueless. Otherwise you would have seen how any future revamps have been forbidden-talk for Turbine hands for the last 3 months, you stupid fucker. 

It's not like you have any sources in Turbine any more is it? you sad old fucker, if you did you wouldn't be so far behind everyone else.

So let me make it clear for you dumbshit, no more revamp passes.   

Fuck you are desperate, just take your lumps like a man Arkunt, or do us all a favor and chone finally.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2015 at 3:35pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #113 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 3:33pm:
Poor Arkat, trying to score some points back... what a fucking crybaby.

The letter comments are just where he and Turbine begin to soft sell the issue, and even a old has-been like you might notice that no mention of future passes are made there.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that someone like you with so little current knowledge of the game and end-game is so clueless. Otherwise you would have seen how any future revamps have been forbidden-talk for Turbine hands for the last 3 months, you stupid fucker. 

It's not like you have any sources in Turbine any more is it? you sad old fucker, if you did you wouldn't be so far behind everyone else.

So let me make it clear for you dumbshit, no more revamp passes.   

Fuck you are desperate, just take your lumps like a man Arkunt, or do us all a favor and chone finally.

At least I have actual text and quotes to back me up. All you have is sound and fury signifying nothing.

I got news for you, it's not me sounding desperate.

Edited:
Oh and to add insult to injury Hag, don't you ever get tired of being wrong? Behold...

Quote:
Right now we feel that Rogue probably needs attention more than Fighter, and melee Rangers could use a bump in mitigation.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/454514-Are-Fighter-just-Gimp-w-the-sav...
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2015 at 5:58pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #114 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Quoting Shakespeare is always hip.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 3:50pm:
At least I have actual text and quotes to back me up. All you have is sound and fury signifying nothing.

I got news for you, it's not me sounding desperate.

Edited:
Oh and to add insult to injury Hag, don't you ever get tired of being wrong? Behold...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/454514-Are-Fighter-just-Gimp-w-the-sav...

Do I get tired of being wrong?

Let's see 5 pages of questions about classes being revamped, with three answers by Sev and Varg each one very carefully worded to avoid saying any more class revamps are on the way at any time.

Point to me clearly.

Wake up fuckwit, you're out of your depth. That sound and fury? that's me walking all over you, you clueless out of touch old has-been.  I should probably feel bad about knocking you down, your in a disadvantaged position, it's not like you have anyone left at Turbine who will talk to you or gives a shit about what you think anymore.  Then again, it's not hard to see why.

Tell you what dumbshit, the day they actually do another Class pass in full? I will uninstall. That's how fucking sure I am that you are buying bullshit. 

In the meantime go ahead and enjoy all the vague and false  noise they throw out to keep the native quiet.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2015 at 7:46pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #116 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Easy up on the age-ism bro.      Undecided
Just because some of us are a little older, doesn't necessarily make us out-of-touch or has-beens.    Cry

Grin

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #117 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 7:35pm:

Tell you what dumbshit, the day they actually do another Class pass in full? I will uninstall. That's how fucking sure I am that you are buying bullshit.  

What server? Can I has your stuff?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #118 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 7:52pm:
Easy up on the age-ism bro.      
Just because some of us are a little older, doesn't necessarily make us out-of-touch or has-beens.   

That's right!

Young people can be out of touch, too.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #119 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 4:53pm:
Quoting Shakespeare is always hip.

Easy up on the age-ism bro.      Undecided

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #120 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Easy up on the age-ism bro.      
Just because some of us are a little older, doesn't necessarily make us out-of-touch or has-beens.   

Seriously.

I was out of touch long before I got old.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Hey Hag Master,  how'd you get that crow up your ass to be able to eat it while your head is still up there?

Quote:
I am going to break tradition and talk about some early musings on balance so player's get a glimpse into our early balance and design thoughts. These have not even gone to player's council yet so I hope players will keep an open mind and realize this is all subject to change. In the past we haven't talked about early design thoughts because players often consider that a promise or definite plan - which this is not intended to be.

Kensai has always been a pet peeve of mine; why the only Fighter DPS tree was designed so that you had to splash monk to maximize its potential is something I've never understood. In the long run we will probably add some heavy armor options through multi-selectors to the tree. I'd personally like to create a new fighter tree, but we really can't add a fourth tree - at least until Favored Soul, Druid, and Artificer get their third trees.

Right now we feel that Rogue probably needs attention more than Fighter, and melee Rangers could use a bump in mitigation.

Our balance check list includes the following items in no particular order, and with no particular timetable attached. These are our current thoughts, but they are early and haven't even been discussed with the player's council.

~ Add Ranged Power to epic levels and epic destinies, while balancing Manyshot and 10k Stars. We want current high end ranged builds to keep their DPS - we just want to open up some underperforming ranged builds. This change will allow many more ranged builds to participate in the epic levels. Artificer repeater builds and ranger ranged builds will be better without needing to splash monk, and we might even see players experimenting with throwing builds. It also allows us to make some heroic abilities scale with ranged power.

~ Rogue pass. Mechanic is particularly bad.

~ New Favored Soul tree.

~ New Druid tree while we fix the many issues with druid forms.

~ Fighter pass. Kensai needs some non monk options. We think we might want the fighter advantage to be tactical DCs so fighters will probably get boosts to those.

~ Rangers could use some more tweaks, particularly with their mitigation.

~ Artificer pass. While the ranged power changes should really help Artificers, rune arms have fallen behind. Part of it is that they need better scaling into epic levels. Neither the damage nor the DCs scale well into higher levels.

~ We understand Divine Grace creates a bad situation where characters without it have a hard time competing with Paladin splashes when building for good saves. We don't want to nerf the saves of top builds, so we are looking into adding a bonus type to the Divine Grace saving throw bonus and creating some saving throw items with the same type of bonus type. In other words, players without Divine Grace will be able to make up some of the difference through itemization.

Sev~

Quote:
If by "power creep" you mean more stuff in the Bard, Paladin, Barbarian range then yes. (Paladin is very good but it's not the healing that we are watching; it's the saving throw advantage.)

Part of the reason we allowed DPS to creep up is that hit point creep has been happening on the monster side for quite some time, and there was clear player feedback that many enemies at the game's end had so many hit points that they were boring to kill. As a result of this player feedback we've allowed DPS to creep up as a default.

Sev~

Quote:
Things are still very much up in the air, but Kensei changes would probably involve some new abilities as multiple-choice selectors alongside existing abilities. Specifically targeting abilities that currently require or strongly favor being a monk. Not necessarily greatly changing the entire tree.
(Varg)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk
Given this when all is said and done were do you (you as in the Dev team) think each class will fall in the pecking order of things (I'm talking in terms of DPS only)? Can we expect other classes to get as much love as the last three or will it be tempered in such a way that these three classes have taken what ever rank they have and will not let it go?

In a perfect world the classes will be relatively balanced. What we have found is that classes with low DPS and lots of utility aren't as fun for a lot of players, and they tend to level slowly. We'd rather have each class have at least one decent DPS option and work on giving all the classes some kind of niche place or utility. The trick is doing that in a way that doesn't feel like everything is homogenized.

As you can see from Holy Sword and Barbarian changes we intend to revisit classes we've already looked at. We might not want to do a large revamp, but it's not a healthy place for us if players panic with a patch because they feel that they have "missed their chance" because our changes for their favorite class might need more balancing.

We do need to prioritize because we can't do everything.

Quote:
One more question in terms of DPS how do you expect the "Manyshot balance" to effect melee rangers who rely on it as a massive burst of damage, keeping 3 weapons up today and spending a 11 Ap and 2 Feat to have a massive burst of damage every 2 minutes is not insignificant? Do you expect that the "manyshot balanceing" will nerf that play style?

Honestly we aren't ready to answer specific questions. Essentially our goal is to add in ranged power to epic levels and ED cores and find a way to dial back the top build by the same DPS amount while still keeping it fun to play. Yes we realize that's a non-trivial design goal.

Sev~

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #122 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 8:31pm:
Seriously.

I was out of touch long before I got old.

Shhh!
Not helping!    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #123 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
qweeve wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 1:22pm:
Sneak attack tree?

That would be telling.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 10:53pm
Print Post  

So far they have been following the survey results from earlier this year pretty closely.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/439018-Player-Character-Balance/page56...

If they follow that progression Rogue and Fighter would be next.

Also they have been trying to fill out classes to three enhancement trees each, in which case look for Artificer, Druid, and Favored Soul.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2015 at 11:07pm by Ash »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Send TopicPrint