Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 2015 Producer's Letter (Read 46296 times)
Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: 2015 Producer's Letter
Reply #150 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 6:28am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 17th, 2015 at 6:02am:
Hmm...let's see.

I'm pretty sure that no one else had a viable build laid out on 11/22, but let's see how people react:

Typically, whenever someone has a good idea, they find out that someone else has thought of it first. That was my turn being first.

You can fuck off now.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back there Firefoot, besides I thought you choned.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #151 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 6:45am
Print Post  
Fucking 5 Foot Cheesy i thanked you so many times for your build defended it,promoted it and you quote me? Tongue

Ok when i said that i was just talking about my experimentation in a different time with a different toon.

A time that if you pulled 7 champions+Red Alert like we do now at EE Vol or EE End of the Road or EE WGU you would be dead in the first 2 seconds.

We started a DPS test in Gland (thank you Tes) with my guildies and the top Players of the server.

Tes
thought of prolly the best and reliable method to test it.

Go to EE Cabal clear the first 5 mobs and fight the red named asshole that goes in the wall.

You can see his HP he has ~145K+ Hp and doesnt move around like an asshole like sometimes the Quel does in Vol to avoid consecration.

Being able to reach one of the highest DPS with my Trash TF with T1 devotion and no pots/cookies,completionist,Epic Completionist or even 3 doublestrike/3 colors procs was great.

THF Barbs competed and were almost 1K DPS lower but DC helps at these scenarios.

Ofc so far Furyshotter monkcher is first (from safespot) SWF Paladin is at first place,SWF Bard second,we havent tested a wolf yet all caster single target DPS with manadump was just sad and the list keeps growing.

Your build and the Dwarf LD Maul TYWA shit are the way to go.

Broken? No.
Exploiting? No.
Gear restrictions? No.
Past lives? Not really needed.
4 3 2 1 open? Nah.

Bacardi wrote on Jan 16th, 2015 at 8:15am:
Clickies,Zeal of the Righteous,Storms Eye,Rage,Frenzy,Death Frenzy,Action boost,Cleave,Supreme Cleave,Strike Down,Stunning Blow,Trip,Slaughter,Exhausting Blow non stop Rotation
Yes unfortunately.
That asshat haven`t seen your build and ignores the existance of the Vault? BBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2015 at 8:29am by Bacardi »  

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #152 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 6:50am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jan 14th, 2015 at 9:10pm:
do you really think no one was going to explore the synergy of the current game + the new barb shit, until YOU personally enlightened the whole fucking internet? stop being a stupid douche you self centered cunt.

lol

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #153 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jan 17th, 2015 at 6:45am:
Ofc so far Furyshotter monkcher is first (from safespot) SWF Paladin is at first place,SWF Bard second,we havent tested a wolf yet all caster single target DPS with manadump was just sad and the list keeps growing.

If he has 400k with full party, hard to believe that munchkin would be first.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 8:10am
Print Post  
If i recall correctly its  141K with 2-3 people and ~155k with 4 and 5.

I wasnt present at his DPS test so i dont know what methods he used (stacking pots Bossbeater TF etc) but all the tests so far are spot on with the same methodology.

My bad misstype and fixed the actual health.

so
~8000DPS from monkcher
~4400DPS from SWF palaficer
~4000DPS from SWF Bard
Barb and Ranger TWF ~2800 see a gap?
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2015 at 8:32am by Bacardi »  

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #155 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jan 17th, 2015 at 6:45am:
Ofc so far Furyshotter monkcher is first (from safespot) SWF Paladin is at first place,SWF Bard second

are you saying paladins and bards are top dps now? These are the days of our lives....

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #156 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Yar, that's why I asked, cause most Gh (mini) bosses have around 100k solo. Could get 70 - 90k in lucky Furyshot before, now those Pallyarchers must be even better.
Furyshot is kinda confusing imo, that same Ranger could Furyshot too. And thank fuck it's good damage for 20s, otherwise Fury would be completely dead.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #157 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Grrrrrrr..... natives are restless

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/455076-when-can-we-expect-warlock/page...

01-28-2015, 09:48 PM #35
jaggyjag 
Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin  View Post
~ Not for update 25.
~ Regular class, not iconic.
~ The systems designers can help look into lag, but ultimately our engineers are working on lag.

Sev~
So that should clear it up for any of you that didn't want the effort/man-hours spent on a new class while over half the other classes are waiting for revamp passes, and also any of you that read the statements by Turbine that new Iconics and more FR were on the way.

And for any of you who are slow to catching on? when Sev says 'hey, we are just thinking about... gosh I don't know... a warlock class cool huh... we will see what you all think....' what he is really saying is 'I have decided to do this, and just as I spearheaded and shoved the uneeded HAMP pass down your throats I am going to to shove warlock down your throat. You have no input, and no say, I'm going to pad my resume with my pet projects, and I will ignore the promises for races and iconic classes that all those who came before me made because I can and there is nothing you can do about it. I am going to ignore doing revamp passes on Rangers, Artys, and Rogues because it is easier and faster to make a whole new class. Now shut up, pay your sub-fee and leave me alone to do what I want. oh and stop whining about lag.

On the plus side, at least with this post he stopped pretending that 'maybe' there would be a warlock class, and that they were interested in the community's feelings on the matter.

Surprised that thread is still open, any chance Cordo is still snowed in? ha ha!
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2015 at 7:00pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #158 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 6:55pm:
Grrrrrrr..... natives are restless

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/455076-when-can-we-expect-warlock/page...

01-28-2015, 09:48 PM #35
jaggyjag 
Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin  View Post
~ Not for update 25.
~ Regular class, not iconic.
~ The systems designers can help look into lag, but ultimately our engineers are working on lag.

Sev~
So that should clear it up for any of you that didn't want the effort/man-hours spent on a new class while over half the other classes are waiting for revamp passes, and also any of you that read the statements by Turbine that new Iconics and more FR were on the way.

And for any of you who are slow to catching on? when Sev says 'hey, we are just thinking about... gosh I don't know... a warlock class cool huh... we will see what you all think....' what he is really saying is 'I have decided to do this, and just as I spearheaded and shoved the uneeded HAMP pass down your throats I am going to to shove warlock down your throat. You have no input, and no say, I'm going to pad my resume with my pet projects, and I will ignore the promises for races and iconic classes that all those who came before me made because I can and there is nothing you can do about it. I am going to ignore doing revamp passes on Rangers, Artys, and Rogues because it is easier and faster to make a whole new class. Now shut up, pay your sub-fee and leave me alone to do what I want. oh and stop whining about lag.

On the plus side, at least with this post he stopped pretending that 'maybe' there would be a warlock class, and that they were interested in the community's feelings on the matter.

Surprised that thread is still open, any chance Cordo is still snowed in? ha ha!

Nice, that is straight between the eyes.  Smiley

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #159 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 2:48am
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 6:55pm:

It was too red for me. Just made screenshot.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #160 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 2:49am
Print Post  
One more from the same guy.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #161 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:10am
Print Post  
There's a few wrong statements in what that idiot say...

- Champions were never discussed in the PC before they happened. We all were taken flat footed about them.

- While I agree that HAMP change was shoved down our throat with the alibi of barbarian revamp, it's good for consistency.
   ( most if not all of the systems works the same way now : additive )
  And it's easier on Maths, Even Shade can do sums.
  We didn't ask for more HAMP, we wanted more survivability, and more DPS.
   Personally I wanted a Conan effect... Damages to be applied once Barb is out of rage ( unless they are enough to kill said barb ).
   ( Because a Raging Barb is a fucking unstoppable death machine, that you have to kill to stop. )

- The Occupy Stormreach was already an Unseen until too late idiocy. He should get his things right. The Unseen until too late has been going on since Vast and Mysterious.
   The whole point of the PC is that ( sometime ) things can be stopped before it's Too Late.
   Hafeal posted a nice list, and nobody noticed one of the topic in the list he posted because he put a bland title about drop rates... I would have put another title...
   Let just say that it has been killed ( for now, I'm convinced they will go back to it with a more pliable PC, because they were very put out by the unanimous rejection of the idea ),
   and it's a good thing. [ sorry no details ]

Last :
Do you prefer a Severlin that communicate, even if it's to say : Things are going to be this way, and you can whine all you want It won't be moved ?
Or do you prefer a Producer that makes one post a year about the state of the game and hides in a corner the rest of the time ?

Personally I prefer the communicating one.... It shows that there's somebody at the helm... Even if I'm not in full agreement where he's leading the ship.
( Warlocks... urk... I want Gnomes, we don't need more fucking specialized classes. )
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:14am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #162 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:28am
Print Post  
We don't need fucking gnomes, either.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #163 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:37am
Print Post  
He only mentions the questions for the new PC application (I agree with his take) so stop trying to make it about you Flav. He doesn't say shit about the PC, he goes after Sev.

I am really getting fed-up with how you purposefully miss the point of other people, getting old.

And the whole "we saved you from" fuck me, I thought we would finally get a break from your hinting bullshit now that you were off the PC.

« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:53am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #164 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Oh and for the record, I would like Gnomes too, and Sev is obviously a Dickhead who doesn't understand the game and doesn't let on what he is planning because it cant stand up to examination.

If the past 6 months have shown us anything it has shown us that.

« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:44am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #165 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:50am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:40am:
Oh and for the record, I would like Gnomes too

Then, respectfully, fuck you.

Though to be honest, there could be worse races. Particularly Dragonborn.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #166 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:54am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:50am:
Then, respectfully, fuck you.

Though to be honest, there could be worse races. Particularly Dragonborn.

Oh man, how bad would they be?  ugh. Duergar probably would be a better choice but the Gnomes do have a pretty old provenance in the system. Granted they can be very gimmicky but handled right they can be a excellent magical character.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:01am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #167 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:58am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:54am:
Oh man, how bad would they be?  ugh.

I only feel comfortable talking about it since Turbine seems to be done with the Argonessen storyline.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #168 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:02am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:58am:
I only feel comfortable talking about it since Turbine seems to be done with the Argonessen storyline.

Yes, they are a decent example of a suitable monster, or npc race, but even then they really are better in (if that) in novels.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #169 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:05am
Print Post  
The Muls in Darksun, were the ultimate Power-gamer race.

It was like the Devs just gave up and said to the Metagamers: "you win, here it is".

Luckily I don't ever see darksun stuff making it live, but I did enjoy a Darksun campaign ever year or so, nice change of pace.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:09am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #170 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:39am
Print Post  
I don't get it - how does a gnome change the play experience?
You get an Int stat bonus, some skills maybe and an almost useless bonus to illusions and that's it.

What would it change?
You could create a race called "a box", give it WIS stat bonus and people would take it for a WIS class, and experience the game no differently than if you were playing a dwarf/Halfling/Human.  Other than being mostly immobile and vulnerable to water.

The only class that is different is the WF/BF because they have different characteristics in regards healing and resistances.

Make a decent iconic and sell it god's sake.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #171 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:49am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:05am:
The Muls in Darksun, were the ultimate Power-gamer race.

You just named the reason Darksun sucked. Powergaming is about tweaking and loopholing the rules, not about having your shit handed to you. People usually think it's cheezy, because they don't see the work a power gamer puts into research.

It was a shame about the Muls, too, because Darksun made Clerics like unto gods with Create Water. That was such a nice twist for a class that traditionally filled the role of "Fighter's healing bitch."

Hag Master wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:54am:
Duergar probably would be a better choice but the Gnomes do have a pretty old provenance in the system.

Duergar, I would be fine with. But we still don't have a race with + Wis. Neither Duergar nor Gnomes fix that. The Svirfneblin would, but come on. Nobody wants to see "Papa Svirf," "Svirfette," "Brawny Svirf," etc. all over the fucking pugs.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #172 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:49am:
But we still don't have a race with + Wis. Neither Duergar nor Gnomes fix that. The Svirfneblin would, but come on. Nobody wants to see "Papa Svirf," "Svirfette," "Brawny Svirf," etc. all over the fucking pugs.

Rofl.  Grin

Obvious WIS race to me is the Aasimar because they could use the human character models and animations with just some new skins?

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #173 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 6:54am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:10am:
Last :
Do you prefer a Severlin that communicate, even if it's to say : Things are going to be this way, and you can whine all you want It won't be moved ?
Or do you prefer a Producer that makes one post a year about the state of the game and hides in a corner the rest of the time ?

What's the fucking difference? Things are going THAT way, whether he tells us or not. I'd rather a Producer with half of a brain, that didn't think that Improved Paralyze would triviliaze content.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #174 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:04am
Print Post  
No shit.
When changes are retarded and dev team can't be further from whatever is happening in game, it doesn't matter if they talk to us or not.
You just roll your eyes earlier.

Oh fuck gnomes.
I want chicks and dragons and boobies and fireballs and liches in my games, not fucking garden gnomes or smurfs.
Alright, Conan in rags is not that bad if gals want that.
But what's with the midget obsession ?
Yoda and Tyrion ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint