Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 2015 Producer's Letter (Read 46317 times)
Cow humper
Ex Member

Re: 2015 Producer's Letter
Reply #175 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:10am:
Do you prefer a Severlin that communicate, even if it's to say : Things are going to be this way, and you can whine all you want It won't be moved ?
Or do you prefer a Producer that makes one post a year about the state of the game and hides in a corner the rest of the time ?

Yes, I wish he would shut the fuck up finally and fuck off to lotro. He is the worst that could happen. I would rather see the game in maintenance mode before all his fuck ups he did in the past few months.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #176 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:53am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 6:35am:
Obvious WIS race to me is the Aasimar because they could use the human character models and animations with just some new skins?

It seems they could do changelings with very little effort, too. I think that would be a hit. I wouldn't mind that we still don't have a + Wis race if they did Changelings. Even if they got shit enhancements, people would love them for the cosmetic aspect.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #177 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:37am:
And the whole "we saved you from" fuck me, I thought we would finally get a break from your hinting bullshit now that you were off the PC.

Are you crazy?

On a more serious note, who the fuck thinks that this game needs more stupid races and classes? I get that Warlocks might be fun and Gnomes would be ugly as fuck too but still.

Priority #1: Endgame content, recycled or not idgaf, more shit to do at max level.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #178 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 10:31am
Print Post  
I don't mind the inclusion of new races and classes; it all adds to the depth.   However, new quests are by far more important.   They just need to make sure they put a lid on the power creep, a bit.

Mark of Death gave some easily farmed, great gear.  Probably too much great gear for a relative ease to acquire.  New gear now would have to be on par with that sort of gear.  Knowing Turbine, though, they'll just release something generic with high enhancements so everyone rushes to get the pack and farms it out in an afternoon...

Ah well :p.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #179 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Scrybe wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 10:31am:
I don't mind the inclusion of new races and classes; it all adds to the depth.   However, new quests are by far more important.   They just need to make sure they put a lid on the power creep, a bit.

Mark of Death gave some easily farmed, great gear.  Probably too much great gear for a relative ease to acquire.  New gear now would have to be on par with that sort of gear.  Knowing Turbine, though, they'll just release something generic with high enhancements so everyone rushes to get the pack and farms it out in an afternoon...

Ah well :p.

That wasn't MoD's fault. Blame the raid timer resets and the inaction taken on the duping problem.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #180 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:28am:
We don't need fucking gnomes, either.

This.

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #181 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:50am:
Then, respectfully, fuck you.

Though to be honest, there could be worse races. Particularly Dragonborn.

Agreed here too.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #182 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:15am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 6:35am:
Rofl.  Grin

Obvious WIS race to me is the Aasimar because they could use the human character models and animations with just some new skins?

Yes

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #183 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 10:12am:
who the fuck thinks that this game needs more stupid races and classes

When trying to figure out Turbine:

1) First think (or not) like a moron
2) Now ask your self what is going to bring in more money
     A) A new race/class
     B) Recycling old packs everyone already owns
     C) Finishing old races/classes that everyone already owns
3) Remember that even morons can figure shit out eventually if they get it wrong often enough first

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #184 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:39am:
Make a decent iconic and sell it god's sake.

I'm going to go with Not_Drop on this after some thought, and I guess the Motherboard ranter as well it seems.

Skip the Gnomes, and kick out some decent Iconics and entirely new content.

Shuy wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 6:54am:
What's the fucking difference? Things are going THAT way, whether he tells us or not. I'd rather a Producer with half of a brain, that didn't think that Improved Paralyze would triviliaze content.

Exactly.

Quote:
Yes, I wish he would shut the fuck up finally and fuck off to lotro. He is the worst that could happen. I would rather see the game in maintenance mode before all his fuck ups he did in the past few months.

Fucking exactly.

Sasha wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 10:12am:
Are you crazy?

Your right, might have well hoped for the sun to rise in the west.

Arkat wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:04am:
That wasn't MoD's fault. Blame the raid timer resets and the inaction taken on the duping problem.

Too true, it did the same to Thunderholme as well.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #185 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Skimming this thread then I saw the Frog post with his head firmly planted up his own ass just like the last year.

I am not surprised by anything anymore.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #186 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 6:19pm
Print Post  

I disagree. A fun raid will get played because it is fun.

Turbine has just made us forget what fun is, and in vain we tried to fill in the void with dups.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #187 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
http://www.ddocast.com/2015/01/ddocast368-ask-the-devs-loot/

Oh my god this bloody dink "producer" Sev is worst than I thought,  prepare yourselves to vomit a little starting 6:00, and oh my god the bullshit Cordovan starts spinning at around 7:40 and just watch that fucker Severlame's face while the fatone says how important what players want it.

We are doomed, sweet jesus that bastard Sev is clearly such a self-imposed fucking brain locker, just watch his body language when others talk.

I guess it should be no surprise that the guy who didn't talk very much, No Worries was the only one who had a handle of what was going on. Clear succinct comments, for fuck sake. 

Additionally, watch 26:20 when Sev lets the cat out of the bag that Mysterious remnants are part of a emerging storyline.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:37pm by gawker »  

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #188 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:19pm:
Oh my god this bloody dink "producer" Sev is worst than I thought

hehe, I can't watch it. I have had run-ins with him before. On a good note, there isn't much suffering left for ddo. Time is ticking for sev to pad resume before ip renewal time.

IP Logged

Cow humper
Ex Member

Reply #189 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:19pm:

Around 29:00 such a BS talk about clickies and balance. And how displacement erases uniqueness between classes. In the meantime he managed to fuck up three classes and make them all the same.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:03pm by »  

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #190 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
He just has no clue, it's amazing to see it so clearly. No wonder they had to cajole him into the screen at the beginning, the fucker knows he is transparent.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #191 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:00pm:
hehe, I can't watch it. I have had run-ins with him before. On a good note, there isn't much suffering left for ddo. Time is ticking for sev to pad resume before ip renewal time.

What happened? what was the run-in?

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #192 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:47pm
Print Post  

I suppose I wasn't really communicating at all.  You know, in any way.  I get the need for phat lootz(tm).  It's the only way to appeal to a certain demographic. 

They should still be looking to make the raid fun, though.  Take Tempest's Spine, for example.  I would play that raid any day of the week, regardless of the loot.  Genuinely think it's a fun  raid.  A raid should *feel* epic.  Not by introducing difficult scenarios (although they're not unwelcome) but by giving it some flavour and excitement. 

Deathwyrm had a cool-looking climax battle, but the majority of the raid was dull as far as I'm concerned.  Nobody likes to rely on luck (phylacteries...) to get a decent completion.  Similar can be said of Thunder Peaks.  It *looked* cool, and in theory was.  But it was essentially one room with two big mobs to beat down and a metric fuck tonne of trash.

I feel they did try with Deathwyrm, but it just feels like a hassle more than anything to run.  Fighting a Stormgiant on top of a peak with the fear of getting thrown to the winds is fun...and there's really nothing great to loot.  I feel I've rambled too long.

More importantly, I've ran out of gin.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #193 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
And how displacement erases uniqueness between classes.

So they are going to go after Displacement this year too...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #194 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 3:06am
Print Post  
Oh wait let us guess... your hinting because you know something about it but you can't say right?

annoying cunt.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #195 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:49am:
So they are going to go after Displacement this year too...

They tried that before your fucking Players Cuntcil as well.

Fucktard. 

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #196 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 3:33am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 3:25am:
They tried that before your fucking Players Cuntcil as well.

Fucktard. 

I know that it was tried on Mournland too.  Roll Eyes

That's why they will keep going after it even when we get them to backpedal everytime, Killing Displacement ( more ) is giving them a hard on.
They have already nerfed the spell/SLA ( once to make the spell self, second time to make the SLA self )... and they killed getting new clickies with Plume de Soleil help.
( unless you know where to look for them... as we all know here [ if you don't PM Epoch ] )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #197 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 9:22am
Print Post  
This guy is ranting again, what is it with people and "WoT" attacks? (Wall of Text), I'm surprised he is still posting after the apparent melt-down earlier this week.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/455299-Public-request-to-the-Developer...

I'm guessing he is toast soon, Cordo don't like Monday morn surprises.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #198 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 10:29am
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 9:22am:
This guy is ranting again, what is it with people and "WoT" attacks? (Wall of Text), I'm surprised he is still posting after the apparent melt-down earlier this week.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/455299-Public-request-to-the-Developer...

I'm guessing he is toast soon, Cordo don't like Monday morn surprises.

He's the voice of the people!  I love how he clamors about how 'arrogant' and 'abusive' Sev in particular is.  Working off of the assumption that he knows exactly what goes on at Turbine HQ.  Just because Sev is leading the development there, doesn't necessarily mean he's calling the shots.   

Turbine owes us nothing at all.  We don't owe them anything either.  A more symbiotic relationship could benefit things, sure, but to act as if we're entitled by any means is laughable.  Bless him.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #199 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 3:06am:
Oh wait let us guess... your hinting because you know something about it but you can't say right?

annoying cunt.

no, I know him from AC. I am not hinting anything. I am an annoying cunt though.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 
Send TopicPrint