Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 2015 Producer's Letter (Read 46170 times)
Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: 2015 Producer's Letter
Reply #25 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
I wonder if they expect me to run 244 epic tods to get an epic shintao ring....

Warlock could be interesting, it'll be nice looking into new build dynamics.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2015 at 8:55pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 8:44pm:
Should be interesting, wonder what they will add to its past life as well.

Grin

It's time for you to man up and get off those disability payments.  Do something with your life instead of wasting your time (your words!) by endlessly chasing worthless past lives in some video game.  I know it's hard for people like you to cease to be losers, but it's about fucking time you got a goddamn life.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #27 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 8:58pm:
I've always wondered when they were planning to use them. Edit: asssuming they will.

I used to look forward to the Archon fortress for so long, this is only about 3 years too late.  I'm not expecting an epic'ed version of tod, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it recycled either.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 8:51pm:
I love producer's letters.

even joone's?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #29 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 7:40pm:
well as long as these new ingredients go into bags, we'll be seeing the first uber greensteel items within the first 2 days of release. So that's cool.

A whole new set of greensteel ingredients! Plus new signet stones! Just with the word "epic" in front of them.

The bottleneck on GS is the shards. Seems pretty straightforward to just add a "sovereign" shard that only drops in EE raid chest. (Plus forget to add it to 20th list. It's not DDO if they don't fuck the 20th list.)

I'd be happy if the GS upgrade were their way to implement sentient weapons. But it looks like not....

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #30 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 8:47pm:
Sorry to tell you but he ignored mountains of complaints, data, alternatives, PM's, etc.... in the lead up to the barb change when word got out what he had in mind. Totally blew anything that wasn't what he had in mind off.

Stupid snatch.

Fair enough - have not kept tabs on him.
Then I suspect we're in for SNAFU in 2015.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #31 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 8:44pm:
So back to the only interesting thing, warlock.
IT was a really good and interesting class in pen and was very good translated to never2, was quie powerful as well.

Some kind lets say semi debuff nuker caster with no blue bar with ability to change spells by combining it with other spells.
Should be interesting, wonder what they will add to its past life as well

That sounds like new mechanics, and I'm not sure they will want to do that?

Personally, I'd rather they expand the high level spell repertoire of the existing classes - so end game casters have to make choices and can actually be different.  imho, much easier than a new class?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #32 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 9:43pm:
I'd be happy if the GS upgrade were their way to implement sentient weapons. But it looks like not....

Agreed, would make sense, but it does not appear so.
Strategically, sentient weapons could add alot to end game for some people.

IP Logged

randomer022
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
gs weapons to sentient weapons is a bad idea to implement especially with the duping that has occurred for many updates.
Its better to start off new rather than old when designing weapons if exploits have persisted for a looooonggg time.

IP Logged

randomer022
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
also, the OP forgot to mention that rangers are going to be the next update on enhancements.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #35 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
randomer022 wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:37pm:
also, the OP forgot to mention that rangers are going to be the next update on enhancements.

link?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #36 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:44pm:
link?

He misread the Producer's letter. There's a part where it talks about improving Rangers and Rogues but it is in the PAST tense.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #37 - Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
randomer022 wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:36pm:
gs weapons to sentient weapons is a bad idea to implement especially with the duping that has occurred for many updates.
Its better to start off new rather than old when designing weapons if exploits have persisted for a looooonggg time.

Not sure I understand your point.
What do you mean by new?

Duping has been fixed for now, so if the ingredients are new, how would that be a problem?
GS items require shards of power that have never been dupable (but are a PITA to store because they aren't baggable).  Definitely not suggesting making all ingredients like that unless they increases Shared Bank tenfold.

Anything containerized is going to be a problem at some point in the future when they break it again.
You don't have to throw the whole GS concept out the window - just think laterally.
I have seen various suggestions over the years that have merit.

IP Logged

randomer022
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:48pm:
He misread the Producer's letter. There's a part where it talks about improving Rangers and Rogues but it is in the PAST tense.

not entirely true. At first I may have misread it, but there will be changes to rangers next. I have already known about epic vale before the producer letter, I was just seeking conformation when reading it.
Just because there were some improvements of rangers in 2014, it does not mean that ranger enhancement tree is done.
Rangers are next in line to get an enhancement update.

DropBear wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:49pm:
Not sure I understand your point.
What do you mean by new?

Duping has been fixed for now, so if the ingredients are new, how would that be a problem?
GS items require shards of power that have never been dupable (but are a PITA to store because they aren't baggable).  Definitely not suggesting making all ingredients like that unless they increases Shared Bank tenfold.

Also, my point still is that people have made ingredients from the shroud to a 100 or more ingredients in one stack. Allowing these to be used makes them an unfair exploit of the epic shroud, because it means people will be able to obtain their weapon in less than a day or less than 2 days.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #39 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 12:13am
Print Post  
randomer022 wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 12:01am:
not entirely true. At first I may have misread it, but there will be changes to rangers next. I have already known about epic vale before the producer letter, I was just seeking conformation when reading it.
Just because there were some improvements of rangers in 2014, it does not mean that ranger enhancement tree is done.
Rangers are next in line to get an enhancement update.

Also, my point still is that people have made ingredients from the shroud to a 100 or more ingredients in one stack. Allowing these to be used makes them an unfair exploit of the epic shroud, because it means people will be able to obtain their weapon in less than a day or less than 2 days.

Unfair? Life's not fair.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #40 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 12:20am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:49pm:
Duping has been fixed for now

Incorrect.

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 12:20am
Print Post  
I try to be positive, really! Smiley

But it anyone else getting the feeling this is a stall letter, perhaps quieting the natives before the bad new about the intelectual property issue comes out?

I mention it because there is no mention of further existing class revamps, no new content other then the Temple which was in the pipeline, and otherwise just cycling of content they have already. They could easily expect us to not look for the a entire new warlock class until the end of next year. But the revamps well those should be in the next update following the pattern set this past year, but nothing except that vague stuff about having done the rangers and rogues already.

No desert, no iconics, no new raid worlds,

Just a thought  Cry
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2015 at 12:30am by »  

IP Logged

randomer022
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 12:53am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 12:13am:
Unfair? Life's not fair.

if you think this game is life, you sir need a break outside.

Outside of that quote, it would be completely irrelevant to continue the use of green steel materials even if duping is fixed or not.
This is mainly because it would maintain the exploited materials to relevance making everything easy to obtain and there would be people having these items within hours of the game being updated.

P.S. go to the philosophy forums whenever you mention life, because I don't want to hear what you think about (your) life, because I most certainly think life is fair, and natural selection is a must. And also that each person has their own values and therefore should not be voilated by others. I am a person that believes in abortion and any other human right, such as gay rights(besides transgenders).

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #43 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 1:07am
Print Post  
The first рost following the Producer's Letter:

Krelar:
Quote:
Congrats on the promotion.

So how many months before you get to start working on LOTRO?

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #44 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
We are working hard on creating our player council for the coming year

What does this mean?
Did they make any announcement for applications or is it just empty talk?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #45 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 1:24am
Print Post  
randomer022 wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 12:01am:

I suspect they will make new ingredients as they do with everything else.
So all the duped GS mats will be useless for Epic GS crafting.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #46 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 1:24am
Print Post  
Also whenever I see Vale mentioned, these things come to my mind; Infernal Pacts, Blade Storm Fragments, Healing Totems, Portal Fragments.
Such a fail not being able to fix or totally remove these.
These stay as a reminder of their incompetency.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #47 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 1:25am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 1:07am:
The first рost following the Producer's Letter:

Krelar:

Ha - I love it!
Now that's Chutzpah!     Smiley

Now which of you clowns is Krelar.....    Wink

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #48 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 1:34am
Print Post  
randomer022 wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 11:36pm:

You don't fucking get it. I'll concede that everyone who has duped ings is going to have an unbalanced grind. But if we leave Turbine un-exploited, we wind up with an unbalanced grind, but in the "Fuck This Shit, Fuck Turbine, and Fuck Ever Playing This Game Again" direction.

You're either very new to the game, or completely unable to learn from past examples if you think Turbine is going to set the new GS grind at anything achievable without exploits.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

AnalFissure
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Sev posted in the thread again at 9:26pm:

Quote:
I just wanted to jump in an answer some questions:

“Are any bug fixes in the works?”

We plan to do regular bug passes with each update. Right now our engineering is devoted to fixing lag issues.

“Is this the Sentinent weapon that was talked about?”

Here is the honest reason I didn’t mention Sentient Weapons. Our plan is to include them in the new Greensteel, because we don’t want to release a system and have Greensteel overshadow it, and we also don’t want to release Greensteel and have Sentient Weapons make those obsolete. So far we have been unhappy with our designs to include Sentient Weapons with Greensteel because, as most players know Greensteel was an awesome system. Because that design is still very much in the air I didn’t want to include Sentient Weapons in the producer’s letter.

“Epic vale quests again...”

Our current plan is to redo the Vale quests, and keep the raid mechanics mostly intact with a new encounter at the end. Some of the Vale quests really need to be revamped.

“ugh... mimic acid damage galore...”

The mimics that are part of the hunt are not the fully mature hard hitting mimics you are probably thinking of.

“What about adding better networking hardware? Better servers to handel the players?”

We are currently discussing options to move the datacenter and update the hardware, but I have no firm plans to announce at this time.

“Can someone please be assigned to adding new relevant recipes to Cannith Crafting?”

We’d love to revamp Cannith crafting and have it extend into some of the higher levels, and have discussed doing so. Our schedule is fairly aggressive and if something needs to be cut the revamp is a likely candidate. For that reason I didn’t add it to the producer’s letter. It is on our list of things to do however.

“Lag grew to an unacceptable level in 2014 and has majorly affected the ability of players to enjoy the game.”

Last year we took steps to combat lag. We changed the shared bank to a paged system for example.

We are currently looking at a specific case of lag caused by stacking server instances. We are working on a fix. I have no date to announce but we want to deploy a fix soon.

There is also another type of lag players are seeing – the lag spike. The lag spike isn’t lag as you imagine it. It is often a server process encountering a content bug and trying to restart out from under players. The server tries to save the instance by moving the instance and all the players to another server process. When this happens all the players see a longish lag spike as their characters are shuffled from process to process. Some characters fail to move and get DC’d. We are actively pursuing the most frequent cause of these process issues and hope to close off at least some of those in the next patch. This work will continue until we have nailed down any frequent crashes.

After that lag will be an ongoing development process. As an example, we plan to look at possible lag caused be crafting formulas in the patches that follow this one.

"Exploits have completely destroyed the in game shard economy, anniversary event and crippled the end game raiding scene.”

We have already added server side protections in the last patch to close exploit holes. We will continue to do so throughout the year.

“When do we start talking about the other stuff in U25”

We have other balance plans as we progress through the year. We still need a ranged pass. We are looking to see if barbarians need further tweaks. We know there are classes that need a third tree. We have other plans for some trees that underperform. Those ongoing design notes are out of scope for a producer’s letter.

“Epic Shavarath”

To clarify, we expect the Shavarath adventure pack to be all new content.

“Warlock Class? Wait isn't that basically Pale Master?”

We envision the Warlock class concentrating mostly on its Eldritch Blast ability and ways to manipulate that arcane blast in various ways. While the Warlock does have spell abilities they are closer to a ranged character than a traditional caster.

“This might also be the time to introduce the Tiefling race as well (hint, hint).”

Modifying all the helmets in the game for horns *and* modifying all the animations to add a tail turns out to be really, really costly in time and art.

“I am however concerned by yet another added collectable/ or ingredient.”

They stack really high so you should only need one slot. We wanted to do some kind of currency panel or wallet, but we don’t have the implementation time at the moment.

“Is the mimic event still going to contain the Mabar items, or will they be moved to the autumn event?”

The mimic hunt is actually one of the fun things we have planned for our anniversary. I believe the Mabar items are still planned as rewards for the mimic hunt. We want to have an entirely new festival around the Halloween time, and that would also include appropriately themed items.

Sev~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint