Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 2015 Producer's Letter (Read 46176 times)
randomer022
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: 2015 Producer's Letter
Reply #50 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 1:51am
Print Post  
just let it flow in you that it will not happen rather than think it will always happen.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #51 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:08am
Print Post  
AnalFissure wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 1:40am:
Sev posted in the thread again at 9:26pm:

Thanks AF.

Some very interesting responses.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #52 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:09am
Print Post  
randomer022 wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 1:51am:
just let it flow in you that it will not happen rather than think it will always happen.

??

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #53 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:09am
Print Post  
randomer022 wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 12:53am:
if you think this game is life, you sir need a break outside.

Outside of that quote, it would be completely irrelevant to continue the use of green steel materials even if duping is fixed or not.
This is mainly because it would maintain the exploited materials to relevance making everything easy to obtain and there would be people having these items within hours of the game being updated.

P.S. go to the philosophy forums whenever you mention life, because I don't want to hear what you think about (your) life, because I most certainly think life is fair, and natural selection is a must. And also that each person has their own values and therefore should not be voilated by others. I am a person that believes in abortion and any other human right, such as gay rights(besides transgenders).

You're a crazy person.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:29am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:08am:
Thanks AF.

Some very interesting responses.

You are too much of a Gent Bear,  Those responses were just BS strawmen and he dodged all the real questions thrown. What a total dickhead, this sounds just like his Hamp and barb bullshit, don't be fooled it's not some kind of exchange of ideas for this guy, no this is him just letting us hear him think out loud, mark my words he will take on nothing from anyone else.

The guy is a clueless Cunt.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #55 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:29am:
You are too much of a Gent Bear,  Those responses were just BS strawmen and he dodged all the real questions thrown. What a total dickhead, this sounds just like his Hamp and barb bullshit, don't be fooled it's not some kind of exchange of ideas for this guy, no this is him just letting us hear him think out loud, mark my words he will take on nothing from anyone else.

The guy is a clueless Cunt.

I like the cut of your jib.

IP Logged

randomer022
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:53am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:48am:

you are a crazy person too.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:56am by randomer022 »  

IP Logged

randomer022
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:55am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:09am:
??

about the new ingredients rather than the old. I prefer new ingredients, you prefer old.
let the new ingredients flow into you. Accept them.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #58 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:56am
Print Post  
randomer022 wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:53am:
your a crazy person too.

You're wrong.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #59 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:57am
Print Post  
randomer022 wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:53am:
your a crazy person too.

Devastating come back. I guess that's it for me tonight.  Sad  Sad

IP Logged

randomer022
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:56am:
You're wrong.

maybe your right side is wrong.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #61 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 3:24am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 5:54pm:
1) Severlin is officially the new executive producer. He said some things in his letter that might lead one to believe that he isn't so familiar with the actual game. For example, he referred to epic destinies as "epic enhancement trees". This concerns me.

It was starting to be obvious that he was the one in charge...

I think he calls them Enhancement Trees, because from behind the scene that's what they are enhancement trees... compare both system, and you'll see that they share a lot
    of mechanics.

DropBear wrote on Jan 8th, 2015 at 7:32pm:
If it were ready to publish they would have done it already in 2014 - but held off for a reason that I can only guess at.

Vale was shifted and replaced by Orchard because of Epic Greensteel.
As I already said the issue is how to make it worthy ( after all we are looking at something end game with a high farmability like original Vale/greensteel was ) while not obsoleting both sentient weapons and thunderforged items.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 3:24am:
after all we are looking at something end game with a high farmability like original Vale/greensteel was ) while not obsoleting both sentient weapons and thunderforged items.

I dont see a feasible way. Epic Greensteel weapons doesnt sound like a good idea. With CitW taking ETR gear, Thunderforged for end game, Sentient for boss beaters, maybe? But then again if theyre just better for bosses most players will keep those on and not bother for Thunderforged anymore. Where does anyone see Epic Greensteel going? Items? Necro 4 beats out everything before it. More items that are better than the Necro items? Cluster fuck of obsoleted begging to happen. 

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 3:51am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 2:48am:

Thanks, you should see the jib of my cut.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 4:06am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 3:24am:
It was starting to be obvious that he was the one in charge...

I think he calls them Enhancement Trees, because from behind the scene that's what they are enhancement trees... compare both system, and you'll see that they share a lot
    of mechanics.

My understanding is that he has less respect or use for the PC than many of us here on the vault as well. While normally I would find that a good indicator... This reported behavior/opinion was couched in the sentiment that Sev has no use for anyone's opinion but his own.

This is not because he knows the game so well (he admits he does not) but because like so many geeks before he feels that no one is as smart as he is, so he is right, all the time.

A interesting side effect of this is that he has been able to advance through turbine of late because his bullheaded rush to pad his resume in blissful ignorance has been misinterpreted by the star chamber lords to in fact be "A refreshing take no prisoners attitude that is going to cut down on development costs and wrap up lose ends in the next year by doing away with perception that the problems are complex "  So, chew on that, then buckle your seat belt because the next few months will be a bumpy ride.

I think the best we can hope for is that he able to convince a larger more successful company that he is "switched on" and some kind of fixer of mythical proportions so he gets hired out of Turbine before he does to much damage.

Anyone else out there ever have the misfortune of talking with him? Total retard. Not quite as exasperating as the Fat one, but in the end he will happily do way more damage to the game then Jerry ever could.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2015 at 4:09am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 4:18am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 4:06am:
he will happily do way more damage to the game then Jerry ever could.

ive seen jerry play the game.

a lobotomized monkey at the keyboard could do more damage in the game

oh, to the game. nvm carry on

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #66 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 3:46am:
I dont see a feasible way. Epic Greensteel weapons doesnt sound like a good idea. With CitW taking ETR gear, Thunderforged for end game, Sentient for boss beaters, maybe? But then again if theyre just better for bosses most players will keep those on and not bother for Thunderforged anymore. Where does anyone see Epic Greensteel going? Items? Necro 4 beats out everything before it. More items that are better than the Necro items? Cluster fuck of obsoleted begging to happen. 

I also don't feel a need for new items much.
I at least hope that the new ones will also be BtA like epic Necro4 items.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #67 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 9:48am
Print Post  
For an old game, I am happy with anything they bring into the game at this point.  As much as I think it will fall short of expectations, at least it sucks less than finding a new game with a comparable combat system that can hold my interest longer than a weekend.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #68 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 9:56am
Print Post  

To make em unique augments on which you can craft personally as proposed by teh_troll long ime ago actually wouldnt be a bad idea if not for the fact that it would be so fucking overpowered imo

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #69 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 10:34am
Print Post  
They have to make something more powerful than what we have now or people wont play it.
Turbine fucked up when they went from +8 to +11 in 1 update.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 10:54am
Print Post  
from +8 to +11 in one update? am i missing something? +10s were avaiable from time of shadowfail.

and imho the way for egreensteel could be just make gs epic: epic base dmg (maybe enh bonus scaled by tier +5/+7/+10) better tiers of old dmg types - like holy III-VI etc and mybe bit upgraded tier 3 abilities. i d like to see radiance again on something more useful than random trash loot. and similar way to just adjust abilities on non weapon equipment.

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 10:56am
Print Post  
. Where does anyone see Epic Greensteel going? Items? Necro 4 beats out everything before it. More items that are better than the Necro items? Cluster fuck of obsoleted begging to happen. 

The best idea I have seen so far is to make them into Augments.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441880-Trollerific-Suggetion-for-Epic-...
Quote:
Once in a while I feel charitable, today I will share my latest brilliant idea with you mammals free of charge.

Okay . . . we all want Epic Shroud with Epic Green Steel.

BUT . . . Turbine just released a new pack with two raid with craftable weapons. If Turbine did make Epic Green Steel they would either need to make it weaker than Thunderforged, in which case nobody would bother, or stronger which would invalidate the Thunderforged content. One way or another BOTH options are bad.

Where Turbine has gone horribly wrong since MOTU is loot isn't worth the pixels it's printed on since almost everything gets invalidated and update or two later or was complete garbage in the first place. Every update makes the end-game smaller instead of larger, this is a terrible way to do this.

The 'old' Turbine didn't do this. Pre-MoTU people were still running Titan, Reaver, VOD, HoX, etc . . . for loot because though newer loot was available the old raids still had stuff worth pursuing. Even LoB didn't invalidate Green Steel, it's added to the game instead of making it smaller.

The last thing the game needs right now is to be made smaller . . . so how do you add Epic Green Steel to the game without making the loot that came before it worthless?

The answer is Green Steel AUGMENTS and not items. Instead of making a Epic Lightning II Khopesh you'd make a Epic Lightning II Red Crystal that would add the Holy/shock/shock/Lightning Strike to whatever weapons you slot it in.

Same with items . . . Blue or yellow Crystals. Slot Con-op into a slot on one of your other items.

This solution will give people something to grind for WITHOUT INVALIDATING ANY OTHER CONTENT. Makes the game larger, not smaller.

So there it is mammals. I have many other brilliant ideas that can save DDO but the rest aren't free. But as always, my rates are reasonable.

Unfortunately, the idea has not seem to have taken off with the devs

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 11:00am
Print Post  
I still want to know what the raise of level cap to 30 will do to the experience spread.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #73 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Jan 9th, 2015 at 10:54am:
from +8 to +11 in one update? am i missing something? +10s were avaiable from time of shadowfail.

and imho the way for egreensteel could be just make gs epic: epic base dmg (maybe enh bonus scaled by tier +5/+7/+10) better tiers of old dmg types - like holy III-VI etc and mybe bit upgraded tier 3 abilities. i d like to see radiance again on something more useful than random trash loot. and similar way to just adjust abilities on non weapon equipment.

Then it went from +8 to +10.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #74 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 11:10am
Print Post  
They went from +8 to +11 with Shadowfail.

And yes it ruined part the game.

As always. They are so stupid thats not even funny.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Send TopicPrint