Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New mimic cards rewards (Read 21021 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: New mimic cards rewards
Reply #25 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 8:46pm:
They seem to think people had fun figuring out the GS combos, back in the day.

1) Maybe some folks did enjoy unraveling the GS combos. They don't fucking want to do it now.

2) If the principle could apply at all, it would need a new loot list.

3) Implementing a "discover the combo" for an old loot list = Multiplying the cost of old loot.

4) "Fuck you, players; we hate your fucking guts and desperately hope that you stop playing our game."

I wasn't playing when GS first came out, but when I heard how it had to be discovered with rare/hard to obtain components, I'm surprised there wasn't more backlash.
I guess more players shared the burden back then, but that tiered system and so many permutations - must have sucked!   Huh

It's just not a very good approach because the "mystery" is only temporary and it means players end up with something not useful to them.
Ok if you can sell it like GS blanks, but once you start adding enchantments and start sterilizing base items - no thanks.

IP Logged

Half Elf Creeper
Waterworks Kobold

Fer.nan.do thinks I'm
hawt

Reply #26 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 9:44am
Print Post  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #27 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 10:44am
Print Post  
See, its all this "Random reward is FUN!" that is my chief grip with DDO.

I like crafting. I like knowing that "If I combine these essences with this item I will get this effect" every damn time. Sure, there is randomness in the mat drops, but the whole certainty of it make it much more pleasant than "Pull shit out of chest, see if its good, throw it away."

What would your opinion of random drops be? In terms of "Loot-Gen stuff you've pulled out of chests", how many in how man items are any good? 1 in 10? 1 in 20?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 11:42am
Print Post  
So Lamannia went down a few minutes ago.

Ddo Wiki has just 3 entries and all 3 of them are for Robes of Shadow

The devs spawned Swords of Shadows Spellstoring rings BUT NO FUCKING MOTES to test their event.

And Jerry was the only Dev on in these 2,5 days and for the period the Stream Lasted

People tried weird builds and i kited the Mimic chest from the treasure room to the XP NPC and trainers to Grief and kill lvl 1 TRs that tried to cap fast.

The event will come as it was planned months ago

Devs wont take any of our recommendations since recoding stuff is hard

People will die in Grotto or at least wont be able to finish it for a few minutes

Griefers will have a blast opening chests will Mimic bait and wipe parties after the end fight with the zero SP caster crying

Overall Great success!

Epoch wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 4:46am:
I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #29 - Jan 23rd, 2015 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jan 23rd, 2015 at 11:42am:
So Lamannia went down a few minutes ago.

Ddo Wiki has just 3 entries and all 3 of them are for Robes of Shadow

The devs spawned Swords of Shadows Spellstoring rings BUT NO FUCKING MOTES to test their event.

And Jerry was the only Dev on in these 2,5 days and for the period the Stream Lasted

People tried weird builds and i kited the Mimic chest from the treasure room to the XP NPC and trainers to Grief and kill lvl 1 TRs that tried to cap fast.

The event will come as it was planned months ago

Devs wont take any of our recommendations since recoding stuff is hard

People will die in Grotto or at least wont be able to finish it for a few minutes

Griefers will have a blast opening chests will Mimic bait and wipe parties after the end fight with the zero SP caster crying

Overall Great success!

Nice summation.
That sounds about par for the course.    Grin

All that negative feedback will hurt some devs feeling on their pet project, so it will be ignored.  Because the devs know what is fun, we're just ungrateful customers right?   Huh

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Like people would seriously waste TP on the Bait lol

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Jan 24th, 2015 at 8:17pm:
Like people would seriously waste TP on the Bait lol

A bait that was broken in the preview too  Cheesy

I can tell by your typing that you are an uneducated fuckwit.  This explains why you think books are bad.  I bet you think school is hard and you shouldn't have to repeat 7th grade again this year.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #32 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 2:07am
Print Post  
People will die in Grotto

Now that would be great... It would be a good reminder of the time when Euphonia's Challenges killed very bad builds before they even reached Stormreach.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

khyberkajiit
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 3:21am
Print Post  
I like it how Cunt-o-van can't game and talk at the same time.

What the fuck is he actually reading a goodamn script? LOL

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 2:07am:
Now that would be great... It would be a good reminder of the time when Euphonia's Challenges killed very bad builds before they even reached Stormreach.

Nah its more of an annoyance than anything else and unavoidable for most classes.

I got rekt on a completionist barbarian (CON isn`t a dump stat) maybe if i remembered about it i would be more cautious but new comers are fucked Cheesy

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #35 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 9:08pm:
I wasn't playing when GS first came out, but when I heard how it had to be discovered with rare/hard to obtain components, I'm surprised there wasn't more backlash.

Different game with different players from a different generation.

You grow up playing games like Zeld, yeah you learn to love figuring stuff out, or you go fucking play outside lol. I.e. I am like 7 throw a tantrum and my mother says, "go play outside!" Of course when I was 7 we are talking atari but...

Now you have kids that grew up playing the instant gratification games where absolutely fucking everything is spelled out for them.

Just the sign of the times, and unless you can get The Doctor you give you a lift you just have to learn to deal, and not choke people.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #36 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
khyberkajiit wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 3:21am:
What the fuck is he actually reading a goodamn script? LOL

No. That would take preparation.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #37 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 4:57pm:
We replaced Little Gamer's treasure with a mimic! Let's see if he notices....

we'll force everyone to participate and it was the event with the largest percentage of player participation ever!  they must have loved it!

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #38 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:44pm
Print Post  

Can you actually die in the grotto?  Celimas casts that spell on you.

I can't decide if getting killed by a mimic in the grotto would be awesome or horrible.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

all the forum bitching about the skull and pumpkin bombs.  can't wait to see the bitching about mimic bait.  would Turban even punish a player for using a store item in quest?

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:46pm by Yobai »  

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:44pm:
Can you actually die in the grotto?  Celimas casts that spell on you.

You cant die exactly but you can get incap`ed again and again and again (the wont be able to finish it for a few minutes part)

People ingame are whinning little bitches i`ve been reported for less things like

Pulling 2 rooms raise red alert and killing everything while the party dies from the first 3 mobs in the quest

Zerging (because we want it nice and slow....)

Not giving people more than 2 minutes after i call voices

Sharing 100 quests when the quest giver is outside the quest

Rez people with Animate Dead on my necro and standing next to them with Death Aura

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #40 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:54pm:
You cant die exactly but you can get incap`ed again and again and again (the wont be able to finish it for a few minutes part)

that would be awesome but the mimics have got to scale to the dungeons and the other NPCs would probably end up killing it while the player is incapped on the ground.

would make a great video.  maybe Cletus can make one and post something worthwhile for a change.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #41 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 4:54pm:

People ingame are whinning little bitches i`ve been reported for less things like

Pulling 2 rooms raise red alert and killing everything while the party dies from the first 3 mobs in the quest

Zerging (because we want it nice and slow....)

Not giving people more than 2 minutes after i call voices

Sharing 100 quests when the quest giver is outside the quest

Rez people with Animate Dead on my necro and standing next to them with Death Aura

Once I had tripletionist bitch about red alert in eh von3.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 8:36am
Print Post  
3 years ago a tripletionist would be respected by all for the time it took him to achieve that.

Nowdays every tard has a completionist/tripletionist as long he had access to some info.

The sad point though is even though they have all the shinnies from all these lives and ran these quests hundreds of times most of them are mediocre players at best.

TR zombies without any other skill other than knowning the path to the fastest cap.Leave them 3 days at lvl 28 and they are running around like headless chickens.

About bitching from players enforcing their pace though, when MotuD hit Lamannia i burned out learning every single quest.

2 days later Shade came with his Crusshhhhhhhhh it slaves,joined the group took them to the forest quests told them where is what and what to expect and the Retard Canadian after being degraded to a second fiddle said these amazing lines

"If you dont want to follow my rythm you should better get out of this party before i kick you"

Shocked

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #43 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Every time I do madstone on ee, every single player thinks he needs to kill the skeletons to talk with seer.  Grin

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #44 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Bacardi wrote on Jan 26th, 2015 at 8:36am:
3 years ago a tripletionist would be respected by all for the time it took him to achieve that.

Nowdays every tard has a completionist/tripletionist as long he had access to some info.

The sad point though is even though they have all the shinnies from all these lives and ran these quests hundreds of times most of them are mediocre players at best.

TR zombies without any other skill other than knowning the path to the fastest cap.Leave them 3 days at lvl 28 and they are running around like headless chickens.

About bitching from players enforcing their pace though, when MotuD hit Lamannia i burned out learning every single quest.

2 days later Shade came with his Crusshhhhhhhhh it slaves,joined the group took them to the forest quests told them where is what and what to expect and the Retard Canadian after being degraded to a second fiddle said these amazing lines

"If you dont want to follow my rythm you should better get out of this party before i kick you"

Shocked

I miss shade.  cletus has been a downgrade.

IP Logged

Bacardi
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
If i had to choose between the egomaniacs and PC douchebags we have atm i would vote SHADE AXER CRUSH IT hands down,because he had the WHOLE PACKAGE.

The failed math formulas,the mad typing that made my eyes bleed,the perfect party formula aka 1 caster 1 bard 2 clerics and a barb to babysit.

Those were trully the days

IP Logged

giveusaclue
Korthos Resident

WTF wheres all the Boobs
at !!

Reply #46 - Jan 27th, 2015 at 6:14am
Print Post  
forget all this shit lets get them motes duped that would be a real ball ache for them rofl  Cheesy

if your worse than me your a noob
if your better than me you need to get a life!

IP Logged

Norcal
Korthos Resident

Reply #47 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:41am
Print Post  
if this hits live, it will be a good thing that i still have thousands of the cards left, if they let us use those

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #48 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:57am
Print Post  

Overall Great success!

Ooooo! fun!

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #49 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 5:33am
Print Post  
Norcal wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:41am:
if this hits live, it will be a good thing that i still have thousands of the cards left, if they let us use those

sorry you got excited - they're different cards.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint