Poll
Poll closed Question: Can we get Amsterdamaged herpaderped or ip banned ?
bars   pie
*** This poll has now closed ***

Yes    
  54 (45.4%)
No    
  3 (2.5%)
Donuts    
  62 (52.1%)

Total votes: 119
« Created by: Wipe on: Jan 27th, 2015 at 12:41am »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Can we get Amsterdamaged herpaderped or ip banned (Read 23578 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Can we get Amsterdamaged herpaderped or ip banned
Reply #50 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 4:27pm:
Americans have a strong sense of patriotism because they are citizens of the most powerful, most influential country in the world, and have been their entire lives.

Whoa there boy.
Turn down the patriotism to below 100% for a bit.

You're just opening yourself up here (or maybe that's what you want...?)   Wink

I have nothing against the US, but in the very near future China is gonna shit over all of us in terms of military and economic power, and they already are the most populous nation in the world with a growing economy (unlike India who has a similar population but has the economic power of Mongolia - sorry Mongolians!). 
And with communism, they also have much more control on how they direct their resources and people so they can achieve more in a semi-cohesive way.
Sure they have their share of problems too - inequitable transition from a 3rd world to 1st world conditions being one of the key ones causing social unrest.
And the US has been shown to be vulnerable - you're being made fools of by the North Koreans and there is SFA you can do about it.

So if you really believe what you just wrote, then you should prepare yourself for change and learn to deal with not being number 1 in the very near future.
It's okay though, you can still do well even when you're country isn't number one at everything (most of us living outside the US survive and even thrive).  Just look at the Canadians..... okay, bad example (just joking), how about West Indians, they're the coolest people on the planet and they're probably only ranked number one in smoking weed.  Grin

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 4:27pm:
Americans have a strong sense of patriotism because they are citizens of the most powerful, most influential country in the world, and have been their entire lives.

Yeah I can't tell if this cunt is that stupid or that poor of a troll. What's wrong afraid this Amster might shut the hell up and then you wont have anyone to play with?

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 6:18pm:
I have nothing against the US, but in the very near future China is gonna shit over all of us in terms of military and economic power, and they already are the most populous nation in the world with a growing economy (unlike India who has a similar population but has the economic power of Mongolia - sorry Mongolians!).

China's military will not match much less exceed the U.S. in conventional power projection or in it's nuclear arsenal at any point. The current annual expenditure by the US combined with 70 years of accumulated military infra-structure and hardware insure that as a undisputed fact.

Really the painful truth for the states and other global players is the fact that military might has a dwindling effect in a globalized world where all economies even those of rivals are interconnected.

The U.S. military is the  most powerful armed force(s) in the history of the world, but history has moved on while the military forces of all countries are stuck in a past we are moving away from.  By no means am I saying that the military will have no influence going forward, it is essential to the security of a nation, always will be. But the fact is that the military's ability to project the will of a nation or it's leaders has found it's limits.

The emergence of asymmetrical warfare, and the globalization of trade and commerce have seen to that.

The fact is that short of a nuclear exchange the economic sanctions used by the US and western Europe have done more damage to Russia and Iran then the military could hope to accomplish.

As for China? there is no real communism left there and there hasn't been for over 20 years. The totalitarian state that controls that massive emerging population will only be able to maintain power if it finds a way to give a middle class lifestyle to it's entire population. Chances are, and I am not alone in thinking this, that China will experience massive social convulsions in the next two decades and they will most likely be accompanied by tremendous bloodshed.

As for North Korea? well what can you say? a country can not expect to fuck up its responses and relations with a family of nutjobs for 30 years and not expect things to go south.   

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #53 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 6:28pm:
Yeah I can't tell if this cunt is that stupid or that poor of a troll. What's wrong afraid this Amster might shut the hell up and then you wont have anyone to play with?

Pull your head out of your sock anus and quit counting your polyps.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #54 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 6:18pm:
You're just opening yourself up here (or maybe that's what you want...?)   Wink

Wink

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #55 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 6:47pm:
China's military will not match much less exceed the U.S. in conventional power projection or in it's nuclear arsenal at any point. The current annual expenditure by the US combined with 70 years of accumulated military infra-structure and hardware insure that as a undisputed fact.

Really the painful truth for the states and other global players is the fact that military might has a dwindling effect in a globalized world where all economies even those of rivals are interconnected.

The U.S. military is the  most powerful armed force(s) in the history of the world, but history has moved on while the military forces of all countries are stuck in a past we are moving away from.  By no means am I saying that the military will have no influence going forward, it is essential to the security of a nation, always will be. But the fact is that the military's ability to project the will of a nation or it's leaders has found it's limits.

The emergence of asymmetrical warfare, and the globalization of trade and commerce have seen to that.

The fact is that short of a nuclear exchange the economic sanctions used by the US and western Europe have done more damage to Russia and Iran then the military could hope to accomplish.

As for China? there is no real communism left there and there hasn't been for over 20 years. The totalitarian state that controls that massive emerging population will only be able to maintain power if it finds a way to give a middle class lifestyle to it's entire population. Chances are, and I am not alone in thinking this, that China will experience massive social convulsions in the next two decades and they will most likely be accompanied by tremendous bloodshed.

As for North Korea? well what can you say? a country can not expect to fuck up its responses and relations with a family of nutjobs for 30 years and not expect things to go south.   

Some good points Grand.
Your point on social convulsions is very much in line with my predictions from years ago when everybody was touting "China is the Future!".  Commercially, you have to be there or your dead in the water. 
There is going to be a painful transition at some point.  Unrest is growing, and the population is becoming more informed.

The term totalitarian state is better suited to the current China - good call.

I did use the term Military power to not just refer to hardware, but elements like cyberwarfare and espionage too.
China is mocking the US in ripping off their technology and I believe the US economy is quite vulnerable to cyber warfare (from the power grid through to Wall St).
I believe the edge in technology is closing rapidly.
They definitely have the manpower and assets are growing - I agree that ability to project conventional hardware is limited.
But having all the secrets on US technology could see China ground the US military by neutralizing key systems like GPS and comms.
Military might still has a role to play as a deterrent and to protect your borders (refer Russian activities in the Ukraine).

But I don't believe it will become a military confrontation - in conventional terms at least (nothing to be gained from it).
Because China effectively owns the US economy now.  The US is so dependent on China for their debt, that they are hamstrung.  This will be their undoing.  China can get away with a lot now and if the US intercede, China will just pull on the economic leash.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 7:32pm:
Some good points Grand.
Your point on social convulsions is very much in line with my predictions from years ago when everybody was touting "China is the Future!".  Commercially, you have to be there or your dead in the water. 
There is going to be a painful transition at some point.  Unrest is growing, and the population is becoming more informed.

The term totalitarian state is better suited to the current China - good call.

I did use the term Military power to not just refer to hardware, but elements like cyberwarfare and espionage too.
China is mocking the US in ripping off their technology and I believe the US economy is quite vulnerable to cyber warfare (from the power grid through to Wall St).
I believe the edge in technology is closing rapidly.
They definitely have the manpower and assets are growing - I agree that ability to project conventional hardware is limited.
But having all the secrets on US technology could see China ground the US military by neutralizing key systems like GPS and comms.
Military might still has a role to play as a deterrent and to protect your borders (refer Russian activities in the Ukraine).

But I don't believe it will become a military confrontation - in conventional terms at least (nothing to be gained from it).
Because China effectively owns the US economy now.  The US is so dependent on China for their debt, that they are hamstrung.  This will be their undoing.  China can get away with a lot now and if the US intercede, China will just pull on the economic leash.

Good point about the cyber-warfare, and I see China's viewpoint there: if you have no hope of catching up in conventional arms, why try? shift the board. Hopefully we can catch up there, we do have a significant advantage when we are aware enough to use it.

Now what's interesting is there is no specific "leash" for China to pull on the US debt, it's really all of nothing in a way and china is cleaved to us until there is such a significant paradigm sift in the world economic mechanics.

Until then if China does anything to "pull the leash" they run the risk of damaging the US ecomomy, which in turn guts the value of the bonds they hold, and will domino into a world wide crisis.

Of course the same is true for the states, the US has turned blind eyes to the extensive bullshit China pulls inside it's sphere of influence because it is not worth the trouble it would cause the US economy to engage as adversaries.

Many predominant thinkers now see the US and China economies as symbiotic in a way that would have been unthinkable just 20 years ago with Japan.

The thing that I would ask you to consider is this, the current build up of the Chinese military still spends a quarter of what the US spends, and is less in terms of percentage of GDP by a large margin. So consider that the military that China is building today is not meant for the USA, or even the USA's defense agreement with Taiwan, consider that it is in fact meant to project the power of China in Asia, specifically South-east Asia and Oceania.  As a extension of China's will in regards to those neighbors and      as a economic bulwark to the main Chinese economic interest as personified by the extensive PLA business and resource development projects.

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #57 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Maybe someone could bring up religion and really throw this thread out of any kind of discussion related to DDO?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #58 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Jesus was a communist.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #59 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 7:32pm:

No.

There is valid concern that the U.S. is offloading too much of its debt to foreign powers, but the difference between that and "hamstrung" is like the difference between DDO and competence. Your picture of the macroeconomic situation is wildly skewed.

If anything, as Grand was indicating, the debt shows China's interest (and belief in) a strong, reliable U.S. economy. China will be friendly to the U.S. until that massive social upheaval you were talking about.

And if we keep this up, we're going to make Strake do work, and move the thread to P&R....

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 9:00pm:
Jesus was a communist.

Yes! I'm not a believer in God. But I tend to believe that a real man named Jesus did exist, when I look at the impact he made in wake even shifting out the PR guys who cam after hime. Well he must have been a amazing guy! total rabble-rousing loving-badass for sure. Hard to imagine having that huge of a impact on western civilization with a message of non-violence and forgiveness, seriously must have been friggen intense guy.

Revaulting wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 9:21pm:
And if we keep this up, we're going to make Strake do work, and move the thread to P&R....

I hear ya, good point all done, sorry about that, I will return to boobies and calling people names.

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #61 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
What is the opposite of /popcorn?

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Whole wheat crackers.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #63 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 9:57pm:
What is the opposite of /popcorn?

/squelch

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #64 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 10:35pm
Print Post  

Whoa this thread took a turn I did not expect.

This thread does technically belong in P&R now, but since the political discussion is more civil than the original topic, I'm not inclined to work (surprise surprise).

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #65 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Chances are, and I am not alone in thinking this, that China will experience massive social convulsions in the next two decades and they will most likely be accompanied by tremendous bloodshed.

yes indeedy.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #66 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 10:35pm:
I'm not inclined to work (surprise surprise).

Democrat

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #67 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:33am
Print Post  
The U.S. military is the  most powerful armed force(s) in the history of the world, but history has moved on while the military forces of all countries are stuck in a past we are moving away from. 

American Public Opinion will not support a war where there's dead soldiers... so the US military is just a castrated dog that try to impregnate a bitch.

Why do you think the Pentagon fell in love with the drones ?

On the other side, China don't care about soldier death, they have hundred of thousand to waste...
And Chinese public opinion will not even know about it since half of the population still live in the dark age.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #68 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:33am:
On the other side, China don't care about soldier death, they have hundred of thousand to waste...
And Chinese public opinion will not even know about it since half of the population still live in the dark age.

And just as soon as they figure out how to march those masses of soldiers over the ocean, the U.S. will ... continue not worrying, because China still would much rather be friends.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #69 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:42am:
And just as soon as they figure out how to march those masses of soldiers over the ocean, the U.S. will ... continue not worrying, because China still would much rather be friends.

They just bought surplus Greek Hovercraft for that ( Made in USSR ).

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #70 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:54am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:45am:
They just bought surplus Greek Hovercraft for that ( Made in USSR ).

Grin

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 5:52am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 8:09pm:
Good point about the cyber-warfare, and I see China's viewpoint there: if you have no hope of catching up in conventional arms, why try? shift the board. Hopefully we can catch up there, we do have a significant advantage when we are aware enough to use it.

Now what's interesting is there is no specific "leash" for China to pull on the US debt, it's really all of nothing in a way and china is cleaved to us until there is such a significant paradigm sift in the world economic mechanics.

Until then if China does anything to "pull the leash" they run the risk of damaging the US ecomomy, which in turn guts the value of the bonds they hold, and will domino into a world wide crisis.

Of course the same is true for the states, the US has turned blind eyes to the extensive bullshit China pulls inside it's sphere of influence because it is not worth the trouble it would cause the US economy to engage as adversaries.

Many predominant thinkers now see the US and China economies as symbiotic in a way that would have been unthinkable just 20 years ago with Japan.

The thing that I would ask you to consider is this, the current build up of the Chinese military still spends a quarter of what the US spends, and is less in terms of percentage of GDP by a large margin. So consider that the military that China is building today is not meant for the USA, or even the USA's defense agreement with Taiwan, consider that it is in fact meant to project the power of China in Asia, specifically South-east Asia and Oceania.  As a extension of China's will in regards to those neighbors and      as a economic bulwark to the main Chinese economic interest as personified by the extensive PLA business and resource development projects.   

You are correct, and the entanglement of economies such that most nations are caught up in a web of economic dependence on other countries is a purposeful attempt to stop global war.

The reality is that military might is a protective last resort among the heavily armed nations, all of which now control nuclear weapons. Every developed nation could produce a nuclear weapon - I've been at a conference where the Japanese ambassador to England stated "we could build a nuclear weapon in 24 hours." So no one is going to launch these or any outright military attack without understanding they face serious consequences - though it makes you wonder wtf Putin is doing.

China, along with Russia, Brazil and India, together have slightly less than 1/3rd the world's GDP and own a substantial portion of American foreign currency and debt. China has been trying for some time now to circumvent the power of the American dollar. I don't personally think they'll succeed immediately, but China plans for the long term. Owning American debt isn't going to help them much, though, since debt devalues over time. And America has been pursuing international policies of isolating China - China's response is to start it's own development strategy, to make developing nations indebted to them while bolstering it's own international economic web.

As already mentioned, the major issue for the rest of the world is China's population. If they can get 33% of their population to middle class status, that creates unparalleled economic power. Their biggest problem to reaching that is industrial pollution and environmental collapse - they've already killed massive parts of the ocean near their cities, destroyed entire riverine ecosystems and local ecologies all over the country. But they're also the world's largest investor and user of green technologies. So it's not like they don't understand what to do or what's going on.

War isn't going to happen. Economic war, certainly. Cyber war is absolutely ongoing. A friend of mine is a security head for a large US based multinational energy and defense contractor. He's told me that China employs warehouses of hackers and, because of their numbers, come up with solutions to security that Westerners don't realize - the Chinese have hacked his system in ways that he didn't think was possible. But I think Western gov'ts will respond.

And stealing tech alone isn't going to do much for you. You have to invest in your own research or you're always going to lag - it's just that they have more people, so the potential for more scientists and more research.

So it's an interesting world we live in. But one thing is certain. Unless the US can get its shit together, build up the satellite economies that depend on it, and invest in its population in terms of education and health care, and address the gap between the rich and poor, China will overtake it economically and then militarily.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #72 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Fucking politics ( on the internets ).
Faith in humanity levels restored, partially.
Too many donuts, should have posted some Jewish boobies to "hate".

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #73 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:16am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:08am:
should have posted some Jewish boobies

You're welcome.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit