Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic D&D 5.0 devs talk inspiration, and damn warlocks (Read 7490 times)
Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Re: D&D 5.0 devs talk inspiration, and damn warlocks
Reply #25 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
I've read Of Dice and Men. I dug it.

I like 5th edition. I'm running some games with it right now. I haven't bought the newest Elementalsomething book. But, I have everything else. I like the system a lot.

I actually LIKE what they did with feats. You either get +2 ability points at certain levels OR you buy a feat (your choice). Many of the feats give you a +1 to an ability.

The skills and saves are better imo. The proficiency bonus system smooths out a lot of stuff.

And I really like the advantage/disadvantage thing.

If you don't know, some things give you the "advantage" on a roll--which means you roll TWO d20s and take the higher amount. Conversely, if you have a "disadvantage" on a roll, you take the lower of the two.

If I remember right, the Blur spell now gives attackers a disadvantage on their rolls to hit you, for instance.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: D&D 5.0 devs talk inspiration, and damn warlocks
Reply #26 - Feb 1st, 2015 at 3:25am
Print Post  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint