Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) No discussion here on the return of Mabar yet? (Read 9552 times)
Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: No discussion here on the return of Mabar yet?
Reply #25 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 6:56pm:
If I'd that to *ahem* "grind" 30-40,000 coms those would be great. As is I think I'd rather save my coms.

Grind. Right. That's what I did.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #26 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:40pm:
Grind. Right. That's what I did.

I think Noamineo missed the grind bypass boat bro, so his only option is to get comms legitimately.  So from his perespective not worth it, and I would agree.  Getting comms the old way, I wouldn't spend them on pots unless I had nothing left to use them for.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #27 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:06pm:
I think Noamineo missed the grind bypass boat bro, so his only option is to get comms legitimately.  So from his perespective not worth it, and I would agree.  Getting comms the old way, I wouldn't spend them on pots unless I had nothing left to use them for.

Sucks for him. We can't even be generous, since Turbine closed the BTC mail, too.

And no. Hahhahahaha. Pre-dup comm grind, only to spend on a pot? Just no. Without dupping, all those pots are there for is to more advantageously display Turbine's middle finger to their customers.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #28 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:16am
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 10:06am:
Look, I can get that some people miss Mabar, I admit having fun with it during the first times I've participated in the event, but demanding Turbine to bring it back is just retarded.

The Cloak of Night was OK, totally outdated right now, and the +5 tomes? I guess some new players might still need their +5 tomes but come on, they will put tomes in the reward list of whatever event they come up with in the future.

It was really ridiculously easy to get them both, compared to anything else of comparable value.

IP Logged

onions
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:21am
Print Post  
It's like in politics. Everybody complaints about one asshole, then that  gets elected... who the fuck cried for Mabar? 1 or 2 Forum members? Or are there some hardcore fans twatting and using Facebook?

Mabar has been awful ever since, Mimic event is not funny or itneresting at all. And Risia is as necessary as an asshole on your ellbow.

Public outcry my ass....
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:22am by onions »  

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #30 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:32am
Print Post  
onions wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:21am:
It's like in politics. Everybody complaints about one asshole, then that  gets elected... who the fuck cried for Mabar? 1 or 2 Forum members? Or are there some hardcore fans twatting and using Facebook?

Mabar has been awful ever since, Mimic event is not funny or itneresting at all. And Risia is as necessary as an asshole on your ellbow.

Public outcry my ass....

Well most of the people I talked to in game back in October were annoyed that they couldn't get an easy +5 tome.

The only thing that kept Mabar from being labeled a free loot givaway was the lag.

IP Logged

onions
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:36am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:32am:
The only thing that kept Mabar from being labeled a free loot givaway was the lag.

And that is the most important reason. The lag made the grind unearable. I'd rather miss a +5 tome but play a rewarding game. But why fix the lag problem when you have store option on tomes....

Anyway, ppublic outcry seems exaggerated, There has been more public outcry when they first stopped Crystal Cove.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:38am by onions »  

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #32 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 5:39am
Print Post  
onions wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 2:36am:
Anyway, ppublic outcry seems exaggerated, .

Does it matter?
Whatever the reason is, they're doing it.

It's obvious that Sev decides, that's it.  Fill in the reasoning after the event however you want.

IP Logged

KilgoreTrout
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 6:12am
Print Post  
I was oretty active on the main forum at the time they announced scrapping Mabar and there were quite a few threads with a lot of different people who were very unhappy.

I'm starting to think that duping is the real reason that they shitcanned it and now that they have resolved most of the easy duping exploits they feel a bit more confident releasing it.

IP Logged

onions
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 6:26am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 5:39am:
Does it matter?
Whatever the reason is, they're doing it.

It's obvious that Sev decides, that's it.  Fill in the reasoning after the event however you want.

It matters to me as it matters to anyone, who likes or dislikes decisions for this game. Mostly it matters to me, because decisions are made, which I don't see profitable or contributing to this game. The fuzz about Mabar is one of it. Mostly because I had more lag problems than fun with it.

Or, in other more trollish words:
Get a fucking job, buy a store supreme tome, be happy not having to grind a stupid +5 tome!

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #35 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 8:37am
Print Post  
onions wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 6:26am:
It matters to me as it matters to anyone, who likes or dislikes decisions for this game. Mostly it matters to me, because decisions are made, which I don't see profitable or contributing to this game. The fuzz about Mabar is one of it. Mostly because I had more lag problems than fun with it.

Get a fucking job, buy a store supreme tome, be happy not having to grind a stupid +5 tome!

I can appreciate that you might dislike Mabar, but you seemed more fixated on the rationale/reason for re-introducing it.  Hence my question.
The decision making framework has changed at Turdbine - some good, some bad.

Mabar lag could be fixed, and the event could be better - have seen a lot of good suggestions that might work.   Stagger the spectral dragon or replace it with something less flawed.
Some classes will always find it easier than others, but that's why you have different events with different mechanisms.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 10:46am
Print Post  
It was based around the premise of having a 24-man raid.  It was designed for a cool-factor that was poorly implemented.  Having that many things spawn all at once, across several level instances is just silly. 

Sure, you could stagger it.  Or you could instance it like a normal quest.  Or they could completely redesign it from the ground up.  I would prefer it to be redesigned completely, or just re-purposed as a standard raid with level ranges; say level 12/18/24/30 or something. Have them automatically open at different times, hourly.  O clock/quarter past/half past/quarter to. 

just spitballing ideas, I guess.  Or maybe get some WD40 for the hamster wheels, and get a few new steroid-enhanced hamsters to run on them.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #37 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
onions wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 6:26am:
Get a fucking job, buy a store supreme tome

Shut up, Hendrick.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

onions
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 8:37am:
I can appreciate that you might dislike Mabar, but you seemed more fixated on the rationale/reason for re-introducing it.  Hence my question.
The decision making framework has changed at Turdbine - some good, some bad.

Mabar lag could be fixed, and the event could be better - have seen a lot of good suggestions that might work.   Stagger the spectral dragon or replace it with something less flawed.
Some classes will always find it easier than others, but that's why you have different events with different mechanisms.

Well yes I am upset about re-introducing it, because I don't believe they will have it working properly. That means unneeded time, which could be spent anywehere else. That is a biased view but reading on this board, nothing other is expected from Turbine/Turdbin/Turdbine regarding product quality.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
onions wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 1:34pm:
Well yes I am upset about re-introducing it, because I don't believe they will have it working properly. That means unneeded time, which could be spent anywehere else. That is a biased view but reading on this board, nothing other is expected from Turbine/Turdbin/Turdbine regarding product quality.

If they haven't modified it in any way, then surely the time spent in putting it live is all *flick Mabar switch on*.  That, and maybe a little bit of advertising done by Cuntoban. 

Let's face it, they either work on it, or they don't.  If they work on it, and it turns out just as bad, then it's shit.  If all they do is activate it...who really gives a shit, it's not really taking away from 'development time' in the slightest.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint