Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic festival frost ML (Read 7987 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

festival frost ML
Feb 4th, 2015 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Is it festival icy burst or festival frost or the festival cold touch that loewrs lvl?

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

madman
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: festival frost ML
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 9:11am
Print Post  
I've only had frost lower ml and icy burst lower ml, not cold touch.

Note, older items such as lacerating did not have the ml lowered on what I've played around with.  It was only newer loot gen that got the ml changed.

Edit: if frost didn't lower the level, I did not try to icy burst and waste mats.
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2015 at 9:15am by madman »  

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Look at my thread in the secret forum.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 10:01am:

youre still gay and retarded and your thread(s) (all of them really) sucks ass

youre just a big faggot who figured something out that anyone intelligent recognized before your thread, trying to look like you have contributed something. eat a dick you sad, stupid cunt

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Why would you reference your 'secret forum' post in a public forum? God what a fucking tool.

DDOcrackhead wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 10:01am:

« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:24pm by Doggydaddy »  

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:15pm:
youre still gay and retarded and your thread(s) (all of them really) sucks ass

youre just a big faggot who figured something out that anyone intelligent recognized before your thread, trying to look like you have contributed something. eat a dick you sad, stupid cunt

Nice rant. But you forgot to mention my recent career as a snitch.

You're welcome.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #6 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:22pm:
Why would you reference your 'secret forum' post in a public forum?

It's really not a secret.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

_
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Think it was frost, if its the same as last event

1v1 me mid techies.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #8 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:22pm:
Why would you reference your 'secret forum' post in a public forum? God what a fucking tool.

Guess the Exploit Board is definitely not in your future...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #9 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 6:28pm:

Great, now everyones gonna know...

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #10 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Not what I meant... if you have access to the boards, you more then likely already read the thread and don't need the reference. If you don't have access, then the thread reference is irrelevant.

By referencing the thread, it's another "look at me, I have access you don't" attention grab.

Starkjade wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:46pm:
It's really not a secret.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #11 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Probably not, since I don't have some compulsive urge to post constantly, contributing nothing and just adding to the 'noise'. I'm never going to accumulate the required number of posts, so I like to think I'm only going to post when I actually need some advice, can contribute, or just REALLY feel the need to vent my spleen when I see something aggravating.

I'm never going to be one of the kewl kids.. QQ

I figure I've helped and been helped in game enough times to where it doesn't really matter.

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 6:28pm:

« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:09am by Doggydaddy »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:20am
Print Post  
This year, only three threads are about it. Way down from last year, if I recall.

Cold touch = no ML change.
Frost = weapons at ML 20 or below lose 2 ML.
Icy = weapons at ML 20 or below lose an additional 2 ML.

Nothing from the Eveningstar Altar reduces ML.

Glaciation increases an item's Absolute ML to the "normal" ML for that level of glaciation. (Glaciation 60 = Absolute ML 10.)

The Eveningstar Altar accepts cosmetics.

Advanced:

Cold touch replaces festival frost and icy. It also replaces normal frost, but not Frost II and above.
Cold touch does not remove normal glaciation. (This is different from last year.) It does remove festival glaciation. (A "normal" glaciation 60 scepter can be reduced 4 MLs, for example, once icy is applied.)

Neither festival frost nor icy affect the ML of race restricted weapons.
All rangen loot with mastercrafted or wondrous are guaranteed to be ML affected. (Unless said weapon is race restricted.)

Pre-ghostbaned weapons sometimes have their ML reduced, but more often not. I have not been able to determine a way to tell beforehand. (Ollie, now calling himself Vendui, has stated before that he can tell. He even tried to explain it to me, but I did not understand. Or he was full of shit. Take your pick.)

Epic Weapons: All weapons at ML 21 and above change 1 ML instead of 2 ML. Otherwise, same rules apply. If festival frost takes a weapon to ML 20, icy will then take it to ML 18.

There is an issue that is not exclusive to repeating crossbows, but as far as I can tell, is more prevalent with them: Festival frost reduces their ML by 2, but then Icy does not reduce it further. I have not been able to determine why. I have seen it happen on one longsword, and 8-10 different repeaters, both heavy and light.

If the weapon has one of paralyzing, smiting, banishing, or vorpal, and a heroic ML (but not mastercrafted), it can still be reduced, but odds are strongly against it.

Epic ML throwers get rejected by the altar. Some, but not all, throwers that are mastercrafted or wondrous & would have been epic otherwise are also rejected by the altars. I don't know why. This applies to non-throwers too, apparently, but much less frequently. (I had the Risia altar reject one wondercrafted bastard sword. I haven't had a sample size large enough to tell anything at all other than it happened once.)

I don't have access to a mirror of glamering, so I don't know whether the Harbor (or Eveningstar) altar accepts cosmetic weapons. (I'd love to know, if you're handing out knowledge, or mirrors.)

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #13 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:45am
Print Post  
My eyes!  I am not meant to see this.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Brac wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:45am:
My eyes!  I am not meant to see this.

Pft. There are no tricks involved. All of this happens upon normal interface with the altars.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #15 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 3:46am
Print Post  
btw.. weapons with ML above 20 still lose 2 lvls of ML when the above effects are applied. The only reason this might be bad is some augments' power is based on the items ML, and you might want/need all the *oomph* you can get sometimes.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #16 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 4:03am
Print Post  
Now if only there was a reason to ever use random gen weapons...

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #17 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Risia altar: I could place my glammered chaos blade into the altar but no recipes were found. Rejected my glammered deaths door, glammered red scale, and my glammered skull fetish mask.

Evening star altar: I could place my glammered deaths door into it but no recipes were found, rest were rejected.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #18 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 3:46am:
btw.. weapons with ML above 20 still lose 2 lvls of ML when the above effects are applied. The only reason this might be bad is some augments' power is based on the items ML, and you might want/need all the *oomph* you can get sometimes.

No.

Or rather, complete and total bullshit, unless you mean 2 lvls of ML combined between Frost and Icy. In which case, your wording is just misleading. The augment thing is up for debate unless you've tested it? For example, weapons don't lose their "epic" or "paragon" status, and that is theoretically related.

Who Cares wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 4:27am:
Risia altar: I could place my glammered chaos blade into the altar but no recipes were found. Rejected my glammered deaths door, glammered red scale, and my glammered skull fetish mask.

Evening star altar: I could place my glammered deaths door into it but no recipes were found, rest were rejected.

Thanks! Good to know. I'm still curious whether there's a difference between a cosmetic glamered from a named item, and one from a rangen item. The Eveningstar altar already accepts many named and crafted items, so mainly I'm just curious about the Harbor altar.

And now I also wonder if glamered cosmetics still work with Stone of Change rituals.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #19 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Yeah when i heard about the ability to add things to glammered items I was a little bit interested, not interested enough to go check until you asked. Now knowing that my shit I glammered isn't eligible for that i care even less, I mean if I wanted to run around with random shit for my look I wouldn't have spent 800 ddo points to glammer shit.

Fuck Off, That is all

Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #20 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Stop being a douche. I had a ML28 waraxe. I put the touch, then frost, then burst on it. It is now ML26. Take care of the whole 'misleading' for you, or are you still on the fence?

Fucking douche

And yes, several augments die effect is based on how many levels the weapon has, so if your weapon drops from 28 to 26, then you will be losing 2 die of potential damage. Granted it's off the top, and you rarely see max damage off them anyways, and some are more useful for their secondary proc then the initial damage.

Revaulting wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 5:57am:
No.

Or rather, complete and total bullshit, unless you mean 2 lvls of ML combined between Frost and Icy. In which case, your wording is just misleading. The augment thing is up for debate unless you've tested it? For example, weapons don't lose their "epic" or "paragon" status, and that is theoretically related.

Thanks! Good to know. I'm still curious whether there's a difference between a cosmetic glamered from a named item, and one from a rangen item. The Eveningstar altar already accepts many named and crafted items, so mainly I'm just curious about the Harbor altar.

And now I also wonder if glamered cosmetics still work with Stone of Change rituals.

« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2015 at 3:48pm by Doggydaddy »  

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #21 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 12:08am:
Probably not, since I don't have some compulsive urge to post constantly, contributing nothing and just adding to the 'noise'. I'm never going to accumulate the required number of posts, so I like to think I'm only going to post when I actually need some advice, can contribute, or just REALLY feel the need to vent my spleen when I see something aggravating.

I'm never going to be one of the kewl kids.. QQ

I figure I've helped and been helped in game enough times to where it doesn't really matter.

Post count is not a bar.  Nor does it guarantee inclusion...

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #22 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 1:19pm:
Yeah when i heard about the ability to add things to glammered items I was a little bit interested, not interested enough to go check until you asked. Now knowing that my shit I glammered isn't eligible for that i care even less, I mean if I wanted to run around with random shit for my look I wouldn't have spent 800 ddo points to glammer shit.

Go ahead and be reasonable all you want. It still doesn't get my questions answered. I swear, this is why people with common sense make shitty scientists.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #23 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 4:50pm:
Go ahead and be reasonable all you want. It still doesn't get my questions answered. I swear, this is why people with common sense make shitty scientists.

I do my best bro.

Now if I were some "1%er" I would hop right into the game and buy a bunch of kits and shit to test for you, lol.

And as far as common sense, well if it is so common, you would think there would be more of it.

Fuck Off, That is all

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #24 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 2:48pm:
Stop being a douche. I had a ML28 waraxe. I put the touch, then frost, then burst on it. It is now ML26. Take care of the whole 'misleading' for you, or are you still on the fence?

Fucking douche

And yes, several augments die effect is based on how many levels the weapon has, so if your weapon drops from 28 to 26, then you will be losing 2 die of potential damage. Granted it's off the top, and you rarely see max damage off them anyways, and some are more useful for their secondary proc then the initial damage.

Thank you, that answers both questions. We agree on the first, and disagree on the second. Not that I'm saying you won't turn out to be right. It could be a good guess. You have good reasons.

But this is Turbine we're talking about.

Oh, and that was pretty douchey, huh? I will be a douche. Sorry it got under your skin. I hear that's where it does the best cleaning.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint