Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Warlock the truth (Read 13821 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Warlock the truth
Feb 6th, 2015 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
All week they have been trying to backpedal about what they are working on, on the motherboards. Sev has gone dark and Cordo is trying to quiet all the whiners who are bitchin about all the passes/loot/races that aren't done yet and how Warlock is making them butthurt because of the delay. Fat-jerry posted a bunch of BS about saying that It's not decided yet and they don't even know what they will do first because "everything" is being work on hard.

Made me laugh my head off.

So here is the truth for you little whiners, Sev is in fact on the Warlock, go right to 40:23 for the straight poop, although he does talk a lot about the Warlock in the proceeding 10 mins. 

Suck it bitches!  gimme my Warlock!!

Besides what makes these cry-babies think that the class passes are ever going to be finished? Where have they all been for the last 5 years? shit gets started and dropped by the Dev's all the time, what's the big surprise? They should just suck it up and get on board because that shit ain't gonna happen.
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2015 at 4:31pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Warlock the truth
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
I'm honestly never sure why people complain about getting more game to play... I'm all for new classes, even if I never even play them, its just more to the game!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
They can pretend it's taking valuable dev time away from the shit they weren't caring about fixing anyway.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 5:54pm:
They can pretend it's taking valuable dev time away from the shit they weren't caring about fixing anyway.

Exactly. Most of the shit players complain about is either too hard to fix or not worth the effort.

Lag is another issue, but the appears to be a big problem with turbine's internet connection. Realistically, all the dev hours in the world aren't going to get them a faster internet connection Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 5:52pm:
I'm honestly never sure why people complain about getting more game to play... I'm all for new classes, even if I never even play them, its just more to the game!

lol. No, seriously, this game needs less. A lot less.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Setting aside the fact that I am incredibly excited to play a Warlock, I will say this to any of those whiners who are here as well:

Do you really think that if they weren't doing a new class that they would be spending all that time doing passes on all the classes?

I mean come on, who is that fucking naive?

So just be happy that we may get another class that is scaled current if we are lucky and give up on the pipe dreams.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #6 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 6:40pm:
Do you really think that if they weren't doing a new class that they would be spending all that time doing passes on all the classes?

No. That's fucking crazytown.

They should do nothing. Every fucking thing they do makes the game steadily worse.

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #7 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Oh look, another thread posted linking this ddocast and complaining about Sevs creepy infatuation with Warlock.  And it's only about a week late.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 6:46pm:
They should do nothing. Every fucking thing they do makes the game steadily worse.

Sadly, this.

I can't remember the last update that had more that I liked than that I disliked. More than a year, at any rate.

I look forward to maintenence mode, because at least then the game won't get any worse.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #9 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 4:29pm:
Sev has gone dark

except he's been posting like crazy in this thread

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/455491-Yes-It-is-another-End-Game-thre...

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #10 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Sev talks about data mining and stuffs

Quote:
Some thoughts:

~ There are some things that are clear from our datamining in multiple games and here is one of them; if the game does not occasionally offer new challenges and new rewards then players leave. This isn't power creep, but rather a planned increase in power and challenge. We call it vertical progression; an update with vertical progression will offer greater loot and also offer up larger challenges. That doesn't mean there aren't lots of opportunities for horizontal progression as well for updates that are focused on that.

~ The harder the content, the more player organizers have to pay attention to the gearing of potential adventurers. Sometimes it is the elitism of an organizer that just feels like having an easy run with geared out companions, but as the challenge of content increases it can also become more and more an issue of just being practical. If we tune content to be really hard then there will be players who are excluded because of gear. I've been there and it sucks to be excluded because you aren't geared up enough; we are sensitive to this. On the other hand making all content easy enough where gearing doesn't matter creates a game that not only lacks challenge, but also lacks any practical motivation for gearing up.

These are the types of discussions and decisions we work on all the time. The hardest part is that there is no one "correct" answer since a change that is good for one type of player could be bad for another group.

~ We talked about having a "Killer DM" difficulty level above elite that removed group scaling entirely, had an additional level of champion effects, and nudged up the damage and damage mitigation of enemies by, say, 10%. This has some challenges.

("Killer DM" is not serious, it's our internal joke way of referring to a higher difficulty.)

1.) We would now be spreading players over an additional difficulty. In the best scenario players who feel like grouping flock to this difficulty because it doesn't scale down with group size. In a worse scenario we now have players looking for groups split between Elite and Killer DM mode and it becomes harder to find groups.

2.) How do we reward players willing to run on Killer DM difficulty? Revamping all the loot in the game for a new difficulty is not an option. More loot boosts will just make items you can't use yet. We don't want to drastically increase the amount of XP players are getting as we already have players who don't feel they have enough to do. We could create a series of achievements based on completing Killer DM dungeons but would that really motivate players to participate?

3.) Would the game even be improved by a feature like this?

As you can see, these discussions bring up a lot of difficult side questions and potential consequences.

Sev~

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #11 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 6:46pm:
No. That's fucking crazytown.

If they did nothing, how would we get new dupes?

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 8:47pm:

He has gone dark, let me be a bit more specific. After beating the drum and spouting lots of tasty tid-bits about the Warlock coming and how great it's going to be he stopped and went dark on the subject.

Just over a week ago tons of threads complaining about the Warlock, Warlock taking dev time, other classes getting screwed by the Warlock, just general bitching, and quite a few directed to Sev personally were started and were by and large then cubed by the fatone. Right after that Sev stopped commenting on the Warlock almost entirely, except of one post that mentioned other possiblities they considered, and that was 4 days ago.

Since then Sev has been letting fatboy flack for him, and the little chubster has been cubing threads like crazy and making really generalized vanilla comments about how it's "no decided yet.... blah blah blah"

That's what I meant by gone dark, and the more Sev posts about other subjects the more clear it is he is "gone dark" by purposefully avoiding the Warlock/passes/butthurt issues, no matter how much whining there is.

My take-a-way?  Good! Fuck em, I want a log page full of Warlocks.

And the best sign for me? his silence, if you look how he handled the stuff last fall, you saw that he starting talking about all the cool Barb and healing stuff he was planning, and when he got criticism and push back he just stopped posting (and I'm guessing reading) and did what he wanted to do in the first place. Mark my words, he is just going to stop posting about it or entertaining any input and go forward with the Warlock and whatever else he thinks of. He has made one post about Warlocks in just over 8 days, so looks like a win for stubborn ignorance to me.

Now, I will admit that is a really shitty and an incredibly  stupid way to do your game design job when you know as little as Sev does about the game, and normally I would be stirring shit about it left and right.

But in this case? fuck em all, I'm getting Warlocks! and don't care if they are incredibly OP either!  Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2015 at 9:37pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Even if they add crap and make the game worst it keeps a mmo alive, maintenance mode just means life support. Most of the people who post on this board have already done it all twice or exploited it over a gross. No reason for the people like us to log on if they don't add shit.

I could care less about warlocks, its not the kobold race I keep begging for. But its something, and I believe something is better than nothing. I do wish that something would be better, but the game is broke (as in $$) no money = no half crappy code, so we just get bad code that is last decades crap in a different color.

Warlocks don't really even make sense if they are not adding evil alignment and the quests and feel for evil game play, but meh.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 8:48pm:
As you can see, these discussions bring up a lot of difficult side questions and potential consequences.

Then you should be asking your players what they think, asshole.  I'd bet that your discussions are entirely internal.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #15 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 1:34am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 6:03pm:
Exactly. Most of the shit players complain about is either too hard to fix or not worth the effort.

Lag is another issue, but the appears to be a big problem with turbine's internet connection. Realistically, all the dev hours in the world aren't going to get them a faster internet connection Tongue

I'm not sure it is as simple as "their internet connection".
Sure, it is Turdbine and they may have upgraded to 33k dial up modems, but I suspect the issues are more complex than just connection.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #16 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 6:14am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 6:03pm:
ag is another issue, but the appears to be a big problem with turbine's internet connection. Realistically, all the dev hours in the world aren't going to get them a faster internet connection

They have all the information they need regarding the lag generated by the Net Connection.... At least Severlin, Cordovan, Vargouille, Steelstar and Kookie have said information.

and it's going to be tough for them to get something faster... They are already using Terabit Interfaces on the Pnap/Cogent routers that causes the issue.
It's a congestion problem on a router that generates queueing ( and thus lag ). The only way would be to switch Tier 1 carrier to swap out Cogent or to get hosted somewhere else that in Pnap.

For the server Lag ( since they have acknowledged that they have an issue right now ) the latest patch is supposed to contain traces/logs to hunt it down.

Grand wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 9:35pm:
He has gone dark, let me be a bit more specific. After beating the drum and spouting lots of tasty tid-bits about the Warlock coming and how great it's going to be he stopped and went dark on the subject.

Not really, he's been like that in the PC since he moved to DDO... You'll see him everywhere for a few days, and then nothing for a week or two, and he is back posting in all the threads. I'm not worried, the whining on the forum hasn't made him flee. He had to cope with Angry <undisclosed Dev> and Pissed <another undisclosed Dev> after some posts from PC members, he has a tough skin.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 8:05am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 7th, 2015 at 1:34am:
I'm not sure it is as simple as "their internet connection".
Sure, it is Turdbine and they may have upgraded to 33k dial up modems, but I suspect the issues are more complex than just connection.

Has little to do with their hardware at this point. Sure they could pay out the ass and 'brute' force their hybrid udp/tcpip protocol. Otherwise, turbine will just pay lip service till the end.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 7th, 2015 at 6:14am:
The only way would be to switch Tier 1 carrier to swap out Cogent or to get hosted somewhere else that in Pnap.

On a related note, we are building a couple billion dollar datacenter for switch(supernap) in Nevada. there is talk of another couple buildings all said about 10 billion. I hope this will improve my ping times.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #19 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 9:48am
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 10:26pm:
Then you should be asking your players what they think, asshole.  I'd bet that your discussions are entirely internal.

IKR! It sure is good someone leaked the document that was posted. Whew we never would have known otherwise.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #20 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 8:48pm:
We could create a series of achievements based on completing Killer DM dungeons but would that really motivate players to participate?

Yes.

The biggest MMORPG titles have some sort of achievement system made specifically for players who have nothing to do to make their e-peen bigger by getting a higher number of achievements. Titles, achievement points, etc. it keeps the grind alive.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2015 at 10:51am by Sasha »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Feb 7th, 2015 at 6:14am:
They have all the information they need regarding the lag generated by the Net Connection.... At least Severlin, Cordovan, Vargouille, Steelstar and Kookie have said information.

and it's going to be tough for them to get something faster... They are already using Terabit Interfaces on the Pnap/Cogent routers that causes the issue.
It's a congestion problem on a router that generates queueing ( and thus lag ). The only way would be to switch Tier 1 carrier to swap out Cogent or to get hosted somewhere else that in Pnap.

For the server Lag ( since they have acknowledged that they have an issue right now ) the latest patch is supposed to contain traces/logs to hunt it down.

Not really, he's been like that in the PC since he moved to DDO... You'll see him everywhere for a few days, and then nothing for a week or two, and he is back posting in all the threads. I'm not worried, the whining on the forum hasn't made him flee. He had to cope with Angry <undisclosed Dev> and Pissed <another undisclosed Dev> after some posts from PC members, he has a tough skin.

Flav, I covered this in last post maybe you missed that. As I pointed out he was still actively posting up until close of business Friday, but clearly avoiding making any posts regarding the Warlock since the whiner push-back started nine days ago, only one bland post. Instead fatjerry has been answering questions directed to Sev, and closing threads where Sev's previous posts were quoted to fill his silence. 

I did not say that he fled, learn to read. I said that just like last fall he told everyone what he was going to do and when  he got any push-back or criticism he just ignored them  and stopped posting about it. He never Engages with anyone who disagrees with him. He may throw out buzz words like "input" "considering" but a review of his stuff shows that he does not engage.

The real tip off is that any time in the last year he has come out with a idea and anyone posts any type of disagreement he will shift over to saying "our surveys" or use his latest dodge "well our data-mining shows" instead of engaging with them. 

Now normally that would be really pissing me off, but in this case I want my Warlocks, so I am quite happy that a self-centered douche-bag with a inability to process disagreement is in charge of them.

Two quick last things, he doesn't have a thick skin he just  avoids  and disregards any kind of conflicting opinion, not the same thing as a thick skin.

Two, I thought you had been told to stop the I have a secret  shit your not on the PC anymore so please don't keep trying to make yourself look so much better informed than all of us dirty plebs.

Makes you seem like a asshole.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2015 at 1:50pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Feb 7th, 2015 at 8:12am:
all said about 10 billion.

Shocked

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #23 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Feb 7th, 2015 at 1:49pm:
I thought you had been told to stop the I have a secret  shit

I take secret shits all the time.

Nobody wants to know about them.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #24 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 2:34am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Feb 7th, 2015 at 8:12am:
On a related note, we are building a couple billion dollar datacenter for switch(supernap) in Nevada. there is talk of another couple buildings all said about 10 billion. I hope this will improve my ping times.

Depends if the traffic is routed through it or not and it's connectivity.

Grand wrote on Feb 7th, 2015 at 1:49pm:
Two, I thought you had been told to stop the I have a secret  shit your not on the PC anymore so please don't keep trying to make yourself look so much better informed than all of us dirty plebs.

There's no secret shit you dumbass... That's my fucking job to troubleshoot ISP and Carrier Networks.
At least give me the benefit of the doubt that I fucking have a clue when I start talking of network issues.

As for the last bit, It should be obvious by now that the PC interraction with the devs was not a Carebear Land, and that in some cases we were considered rude in our reactions to an idea.
( or to the lack of cooperation from Turbine )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint