Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Turbine deleting bags? (Read 7873 times)
string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Turbine deleting bags?
Feb 9th, 2015 at 3:57am
Print Post  
After selling a bunch of high level augments on the ASAH and AH my augment bag went missing. I thought I just had misplaced it somewhere after an epic TR but I didn’t find it anywhere. I emptied the TR cache, checked the buyback and looked into my mailbox. Didn’t mind it because I have a full augment bag on every toon. But after selling more augments two more bags went missing and now I am sure: When I post a bunch of identical augments  the bag with the stack is missing the next time I log on. Other bags, even other augments bags are not affected.

Guess there is a method to identify (store?) items that had been duped and posted on the ASAH. And apparently they can track the rest of the stack too, at least in the inventory of the toon that posted the augments. Didn’t happen with other items (LDS/scales/ingots) and I have bags with 100 stacks of augments left, but those are for self-use or donating to guildies now I guess. 100 stacks of raid timers, SP potions, XP-pots and loot gems are still in my inventories, so I guess it’s not a someone logging in in person as I would see that in my guild history too, right?

As it did not happen to my mule I used to sell augments now and then it may have something to do with the numbers of augments sold. (Made 2k shards on my main). And I AM on their watch list I guess, because I got an item exploit related ban some time ago. Yes, I am kind of careless, guess that’s because I don’t care for DDO much at all.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2015 at 5:28pm by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Turbine deleting bags?
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 4:47am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 3:57am:
After selling a bunch of high level augments on the ASAH and AH my augment bag went missing. I thought I just had misplaced it somewhere after an epic TR but I didn’t find it anywhere. I emptied the TR cache, checked the buyback and looked into my mailbox. Didn’t mind it because I have a full augment bag on every toon. But after selling more augments more augment bags went missing and now I am sure: When I post a bunch of identical augments  the bag with the stack is missing the next time I log on. Other bags, even other augments bags are not affected.

Guess there is a method to identify (store?) items that had been duped and posted on the ASAH. And apparently they can track the rest of the stack too, at least in the inventory of the toon that posted the augments. Didn’t happen with other items (LDS/scales/ingots) and I have bags with 100 stacks of augments left, but those are for self-use or donating to guildies now I guess. 100 stacks of raid timers, SP potions, XP-pots and loot gems are still in my inventories, so I guess it’s not a someone logging in in person as I would see that in my guild history too, right?

As it did not happen to my mule I used to sell augments now and then it may have something to do with the numbers of augments sold. (Made 2k shards on my main). And I AM on their watch list I guess, because I got an item exploit related ban some time ago. Yes, I am kind of careless, guess that’s because I don’t care for DDO much at all.

My only comment is that it is very unlike Turdbine to be this surgical about punitive measures.  Normally, if they suspect you of ill deeds, they cleanse your inventory.

Sev alluded to new measures being implemented server side.
It could be possible that if you put them through a system like mail or ASAH, that they have a script that checks the provenance of goods.
It strikes me as an automated response because otherwise they would have seen your other illicit goods in inventory.

Interesting move if true, but you that it will come back to bite them in the ass when it starts adversely affecting the greater population.
Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2015 at 4:47am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 5:15am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 4:47am:
My only comment is that it is very unlike Turdbine to be this surgical about punitive measures.  Normally, if they suspect you of ill deeds, they cleanse your inventory.

It could be possible that if you put them through a system like mail or ASAH, that they have a script that checks the provenance of goods.
It strikes me as an automated response because otherwise they would have seen your other illicit goods in inventory.

Interesting move if true, but you that it will come back to bite them in the ass when it starts adversely affecting the greater population.
Grin

Or I have a special freind among the GMs on my server that is new to the game and works "by the book". If A+B then delete C, but nothing else because you don't have a clue what may be legit and what not? Someone/ something deleted a stack of gold coins some weeks back. http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1420448745

If it is an automated response someone has to confirm it or else they will get maban again. And I believe they can't be THAT stupid. And I guess only people with recent bans/infractions for dupping have to worry, because they assured us more then one time that buying and reselling won't get punished. (On the other hand I remember a thread with somebody complaining exactly about that: A ban because of reselling.)
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2015 at 5:28am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Oh Noes! My stack of icy burst weapons! Gone.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 6:35am
Print Post  
tested on a dummy account, put a bunch of duped items in the asah and nothing happened

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 6:42am
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 6:35am:
tested on a dummy account, put a bunch of duped items in the asah and nothing happened so far

Didn't happen to me with 99% of the shanigans I am involved, but got me with stupid gold coins and now with augments. But I can't remember what time(zone) I posted the items and I can't say how long it took until the "response" took place as I only log on once or twice a week. And I only have problems with my main account, that got a couple of infractions, my 10+ mule accounts are all fine.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2015 at 6:43am by string table error, tableDID »  

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:33am
Print Post  
this actually sounds funny:)

i dont mind duping itself, tho i mind dicks selling duped stuff, especially those smartasses selling meridians, hearts n draconics in pairs:)

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #7 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:44am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 6:42am:
And I only have problems with my memory.

Good choice though. Always replace forgotten stuff with paranoia.

IP Logged

Socks?
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:46am
Print Post  
OP doomed. On flagged account. Will get your alt account and main banned for trading between them. All items deleted.

Quit now. Game is D-E-D. Ded!

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #9 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:44am:
Good choice though. Always replace forgotten stuff with paranoia.

Memory loss was my first thought. But I am very sure that I made a green, red, blue and yellow bags for all of my main toons when we could get those free for cards. Now 3 of them are lacking a yellow bag and they have still the shards I got from auctions in the mail.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 9:20am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 9:00am:
Memory loss was my first thought. But I am very sure that I made a green, red, blue and yellow bags for all of my main toons when we could get those free for cards. Now 3 of them are lacking a yellow bag and they have still the shards I got from auctions in the mail.

Put in a ticket?

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #11 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 9:20am:
Put in a ticket?

I didn't even ask for which of my many felonies I got my last ban and they didn't got anything I don't have multiple backups. So no, not I am not going to put in a ticket. But I admit it would be hilarious if it worked.

« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2015 at 9:55am by string table error, tableDID »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 9:51am
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 9:45am:
But I admit it would be hilarious if it worked.

No, it would be hilarious either way  Cheesy

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #13 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Socks? wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:46am:
OP doomed. On flagged account. Will get your alt account and main banned for trading between them. All items deleted.

Quit now. Game is D-E-D. Ded!

Doomed? Not so much, I am still having a great time with DDO, even much more since I don't give a fuck anymore about archiving anything in game.
On a flagged account? Probably, but looks like I didn't do anything yet that would satisfy perm banning an active player.
All items deleted? Yes, that was really what I expected more than once and yet didn't ever happen until today. When I logged on after my last ban I was totally fine with the challenge of some naked runs, but no, they didn't take my pixels away.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2015 at 6:31pm by string table error, tableDID »  

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 4:47am:

Grin

Sev also said that cosmetic crown of fire was supposed to originally have flames, but it didn't until there was enough outrage on the forums.
My guess, he is saying it because something like that might be in planning and just not implemented or he is just trying to bluff and not rolling high enough.
If something like that was true, it would be all over these forums and other forums already, not just 1 person.

IP Logged

Brac
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #15 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
That certainly is strange.  It also seems too advanced for Turbine.  But who knows I guess.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Is it possibly just an error deleting them? Like it's not anyone's doing, just some bug in the code?

I know I ran into entertaining troubles while duping masses of vendor trash to sell for plat(having to split stacks, etc).

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
heh, OP, have u checked first couple inventory slots, if your bag is not hiding under some of those?

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #18 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 5:22pm:
heh, OP, have u checked first couple inventory slots, if your bag is not hiding under some of those?

Double checked, on all three toons that are missing one. Hadn't posted here if I weren't sure about them missing.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #19 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 12:00pm:
Sev also said that cosmetic crown of fire was supposed to originally have flames, but it didn't until there was enough outrage on the forums.
My guess, he is saying it because something like that might be in planning and just not implemented or he is just trying to bluff and not rolling high enough.
If something like that was true, it would be all over these forums and other forums already, not just 1 person.

I know, my BS detector goes off when Sev speaks too.

But, they have been addressing exploits far more effectively than they have in the past, and it is possible that they hire a competent programmer one day.  Unlikely, but you never know.

And yes stuff will likely surface here first, but you never known when that is going to happen and the first encounters with anti-exploit measures might just appear as anomalies like this until a pattern emerges.

As RV said, until then we have paranoia to fill in the gaps.   Grin

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #20 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 9:54am:
Domed? Not so much

You're more concave, anyway.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #21 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 5:33pm:
As RV said, until then we have paranoia to fill in the gaps.   Grin

You know the saying: Just because you're paranoid does not mean they are not after you. May be even true in my case here.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #22 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 5:33pm:
But, they have been addressing exploits far more effectively than they have in the past, and it is possible that they hire a competent programmer one day.  Unlikely, but you never know.

They need a competent programmer, a manager who lets the programmer do competent things, and to be able to show the big bosses how it fills their pockets.

string table error, tableDID wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 6:36pm:
You know the saying: Just because you're paranoid does not mean they are not after you.

That saying is a conspiracy. The mindworms hunt by paranoia. So actually, every time you are paranoid, they are out to get you.

IP Logged

SwashbucklerHater
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 7:18pm:
That saying is a conspiracy. The mindworms hunt by paranoia. So actually, every time you are paranoid, they are out to get you.

I always knew they would be after me.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #24 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
So I googled mindworm and came across this post.

mindworm:
When a man sticks his phallic organ into another person's ear and proceeds to ejaculate into it while lightly pumping.
"I felt so hot last night when fred mindwormed me!"

I am never going to be able to look at Fred the same way again, so you guys shouldn't be allowed to either.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint