Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 2015 Player's Council (Read 89393 times)
FM
Dragon Raider

Re: 2015 Player's Council
Reply #125 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 9:45am:
Flaviusmaximus calling out Silvrrdoyche is my favorite part so far.

Haha - thanks. I hate that they removed it. It took a lot of restraint to make the post as civil as it was.

They butchered the thread and removed everything fun. Sad, sad, sad.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #126 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 12:40pm:
Like prr and mrr? Cheesy

They stopped the Listen Skill from being used to bypass blur/displacement effects (Sev revealed this in one of his posts).  That alone made them worthwhile.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #127 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
FM wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 1:07pm:
Haha - thanks. I hate that they removed it. It took a lot of restraint to make the post as civil as it was.

They butchered the thread and removed everything fun. Sad, sad, sad.

Anyone who calls out Silverdouches shit is A-OK.  He was by far the most fucking annoying"look at me" prima Donna from last council.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #128 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
This whole threat, the Players Councel and Turbine make me laugh.  All for different reasons. 

This thread, too much humor.
The PC, too much stupid.
Turbine, 'nuf said.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #129 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Busy, so just came to say gratz munk, hope you make some good suggestions to fucktards on how to make the game better.

Big hopes in you and your insight.

Also i saw other tards there, some from which my head hurts when i try to talk with them about anything on mother forums.
Hope it gets better, it cant be worse, thats one thing im pretty sure off
(i personally didnt even apply, cant fuck around with turbien and work atm)
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2015 at 2:57pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #130 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
The size of the PC now reflects roughly the size of ML. More and more this is just ML2 except not run by QA and no dedicated server.  Both happy for the some of the names that got on there and disappointed + surprised for some of the representation that is not on there.

Rather hilarious that chai got on there. I will be regularly asking PC members what he's like there. And so next year I'm betting that Thrud (sp?) gets in.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #131 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Meli wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 3:38pm:
Rather hilarious that chai got on there. I will be regularly asking PC members what he's like there. And so next year I'm betting that Thrud (sp?) gets in.

I think even Turbine understands that you can get no valid feedback from a retarded fanboi like Turhd.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 8:43am:
The last one did manage to stop a bunch of terrible ideas from hitting live, they still did some good.

No.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #133 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
The size of the PC now reflects roughly the size of ML. More and more this is just ML2 except not run by QA and no dedicated server.  Both happy for the some of the names that got on there and disappointed + surprised for some of the representation that is not on there.

Look! look everyone! Cordovan is making his pants talk! Sure it sounds a little muffled but there is definitely some very stupid commentary coming from the region of his pants!

Whoa!

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #134 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
a Kitteh wrote on Feb 17th, 2015 at 11:48pm:
obviously you don't know me very well. not that i want you to know me. feel free to kiss my lily white ass any ol time, douchenozzle  Kiss

I only know you from what you have posted, which was more than enough.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #135 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 1:08pm:
They stopped the Listen Skill from being used to bypass blur/displacement effects (Sev revealed this in one of his posts).  That alone made them worthwhile.

Prove it.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #136 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 1:43pm:
This whole threat, the Players Councel and Turbine make me laugh.  All for different reasons. 

This thread, too much humor.
The PC, too much stupid.
Turbine, 'nuf said.

What's the matter, did mean ol Cordo rustle your Jimmies?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #137 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:35pm:
Prove it.

Is the search function beyond your abilities?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/454362-Inaugural-Player-Council-Redux-...

~ We asked about having the Listen skill reduce Blur/Displacement effects. The flavor was supposed to be sort of a Daredevil hearing footsteps/sounds from the actual position of the enemy. The council was concerned that PCs with these abilities would be nerfed too much because monsters have high Listen skills.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Gosh, that's really really really... underwhelming.

How did we survive before they were there to protect us from these kind of diabolical threats.

Junk you just proved our point they were useless by trotting out that little spin nugget. It's perfect because it shows the very low level of importance that the PC was included in and the blatant use of them as spin fodder for Turbine.

Moving on

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #139 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
To be fair if it had passed through would you not also throw poop at them?

Not saying you are wrong per say in that case.

IP Logged

Meli
Titan Demolisher

Reply #140 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
From the way sev was talking it wouldn't surprise me if it got back on the agenda.

I find myself partially agreeing with Gawker and co: it is really difficult to say most of the time if player feedback has any genuine influence. Mostly because they won't say. I suspect any influence is more nebulous and ephemeral.

Better to say something than not though. That at least gives you a place to say 'I told you so' from.

Now the ghostbanne meme that worked. Maybe we need more memes?

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #141 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
I feel like making a tasteless comment. What the heck, isn't that what the vault is for (then we have the whiny pissy beatches that read my comments and somehow make it about them). Anywhos. To this year's PC members I want to say...

You poor fuckers. You got no idea what's in store for you. Best of luck.

Now.. who do we think will be the first to quit? Do we have Fran this year?

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #142 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 4:41pm:
Is the search function beyond your abilities?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/454362-Inaugural-Player-Council-Redux-...

~ We asked about having the Listen skill reduce Blur/Displacement effects. The flavor was supposed to be sort of a Daredevil hearing footsteps/sounds from the actual position of the enemy. The council was concerned that PCs with these abilities would be nerfed too much because monsters have high Listen skills.

The council talked about various experience concerns. We have discussed (internally) changes to the bravery streak, making the death xp penalty be for each character rather than for an entire group, and giving a better XP bonus for grouping with people to encourage grouping. There are too many XP related issues that actively discourage grouping. We also (as an aside) discussed having an XP bonus for people willing to have an open group on LFM, but there were too many ways to exploit that and we didn't want to encourage people keeping up a group and actively kicking people who joined. These issues have been delayed because all of our engineering resources are currently prioritized to researching and fixing lag and fixing exploits.

This is what is wrong.
Remove scaling, its simple as that, quest shouldnt be harder with more people in party.
If pc is all that mighty, why the fuck cant they do this then?
One of the most logical and reasonable changes.
Also, who the hell gives a damn about blur/displace when everyone with heavy armor have over 100 prr.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:07pm by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #143 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
I can certainly understand the argument that Dungeon Scaling de-incentivized grouping.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #144 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:06pm:
Also, who the hell gives a damn about blur/displace when everyone with heavy armor have over 100 prr.

excuse me, surely you mean 200 prr would be the correct norm nowadays Tongue

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #145 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 10:42am:
Who are they on G-Land?

Tsoh is Tsoh on g-land (that's what I heard). 

I have also heard that Tsoh is an uber paladin and if I had any toons on g-land, I would have noticed Tsoh taking advantage of carddupe'stravaganza by purchasing significant amounts of cards at low plat prices.. although for paladin/reporting purpose or personal consumption, I don't know..

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #146 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:22pm:
excuse me, surely you mean 200 prr would be the correct norm nowadays Tongue

Same shit, 50% or 70%.

IP Logged

MadCookieQueen
Korthos Resident

I'm gonna sing the doom
song....

Reply #147 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Flame me later and fuck off but...

My hubby was on that council. He did everything he could to discuss the issues, to call to light the really bad fucking mistakes before they were made or omitted.

He actually "worked" in trying to make progress...even sometimes sitting up late at night thinking and crafting the right response so as to invite change or at the very least discussion.

He smiled when the dumb shit was adverted...

he didn't smile a lot.

Though there were a couple times when he felt like he made a difference...but those days were few.

At one point he backed away...why...because when you stick a crowd into a small space it is always the most stupidest that speak the most. I'd ask him how it was going...he'd ask for another drink...

What you pissants don't think of is the fact that somewhere in that council is someone who actually has a brain and actually fucking cares.

One voice adrift in a sea of mindless fighting against a storm of fucking egos whose baby ideas need to be protected...yeah you won't see shit.

That person isn't you...so what pisses you off won't piss them off...but don't you even fucking think for one lousy little second that someone on that council didn't do what he could to fight for you and fight for a better DDO.

Here's what you can do...have a drink...sit in a dark corner and put a gun to your head before you ever try to call that first council a complete failure.

The council wasn't the problem...the egos of those with bad ideas and all the power...that's the problem...and for every little fucking victory, the few on the council that actually cared got...they should be celebrated.

For the freshmen councilmen...good luck...if you care this is going to suck...if you don't...you'll be fine. This  will be a year where you are never thanked but only hated by the people too small brained to be sitting where you are.

Like I said tear it* MadCookieQueen apart...have a day and fuck off.

(post written by a bad day at work and a martini)

Firestarter: 15 Bard/4 FvS/1 Fighter || War Dancer: 15 Bard/5 Ranger || Symphony of Metal: 15 Bard/3 Wizard/2 Fighter || Avatar of Eilistraee: 18 Bard/1 Cleric/1Fighter || Shadovar Infiltrator: 18 Wizard/1 Rogue/1 Fighter

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #148 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
MadCookieQueen wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:38pm:
He actually "worked" in trying to make progress...even sometimes sitting up late at night thinking and crafting the right response so as to invite change or at the very least discussion.

writing is hard.

He smiled when the dumb shit was adverted...

he didn't smile a lot.

he obviously didn't try hard enough.  or he was as bad at writing as Cletus is at RL.

...sit in a dark corner and put a gun to your head before you ever try to call that first council a complete failure.

The council wasn't the problem...the egos of those with bad ideas and all the power...that's the problem...and for every little fucking victory, the few on the council that actually cared got...they should be celebrated.

so the council was a success!  is it too late to give your husband Fran a medal?
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2015 at 7:07pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #149 - Feb 18th, 2015 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Rather hilarious that chai got on there.

they let you in. Roll Eyes

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Send TopicPrint