Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 2015 Player's Council (Read 89362 times)
Angry
Puppy Farmer

Re: 2015 Player's Council
Reply #200 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:15am
Print Post  
I can tell you my experience from the PC.

When I accepted my place on the PC 2014 I was worried that I wouldn't have time to participate, but Cordo told me it wouldn't be an issue. Seeing as some ppl only posted a few times ever, my worries were really in vein.

I joined the PC with excitement and plans to push the devs to fix bugs and to improve bug management. Having myself worked with bug fixes for the last 4 years, this was close to home. Didn't take long for me to realise, the PC is mostly there to say yes or no to dev plans, not really to have ideas of their own. I felt like the only ideas of ours they were interested in, were the ones they had already been thinking about.

I feel the PC has great potential, and I really hope Cordo and the rest listened to our improvement ideas in the end.

Oh and also the hurt feelings and noobish behaviour when it comes to debating, personal attacks, etc etc.. the PC forums felt pretty much like public forums, just with a smaller group of ppl. I started out wanting to make a difference.. quickly realising I can't fucking discuss with these ppl, so reduced my involvement to the minimum, mostly commenting on dev topics, much less on the other member's.

I expect internal drama. Cordo is going to have his hands full. Almost wish I could be a fly on the wall and see the ppl tear each other apart. But it gets old quickly.

Still good luck.. and enjoy. The PC turned me into more of a cynic than I already was. The positive attitude is just an act.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #201 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 5:13am
Print Post  
PC is turbine attempt to lower the costs for ddo.
If devs see something nice and easy to implement they will do it.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #202 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 5:42am
Print Post  
Tangelina wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 2:23am:
Where's Stoddard, he should've been made rep for Orien Cheesy

his giant ego and teeny peen would have been too much competition for Cordo, submission rejected!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #203 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 6:15am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 9:38am:
Fuck you.  FUCK YOU.

I go for a peanut and get a squishy mess.

Again, fuck you.

Learn to read.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #204 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 9:43am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 6:15am:
Learn to read.

What?

Here, let me explain.

The poster to whom I was referring claimed to have invented chocolate-covered raisins.  Even though I knew this to be facetious, based on his other claims, I decided to go along with the joke, and cursed him out for inventing something I really don't like, which is, on occasion, mixed in with a similarly-sized and -shaped confection that I do enjoy, namely chocolate-covered peanuts, leading me to picking one out of a pile, and, expecting something pleasant, instead get something quite the opposite.

While I do understand that his claim was hyperbolic and fitting in with the earlier discussion of silly persons who claim to have a hand in inventing things that they really didn't, I decided to meet this with an equally hyperbolic, if tangential, comment.  This is humourous, as is the original poster's, because of the hyperbole.

Hyperbole is a literary device in which an extravagant statement is made, not meant to be taken literally, to illustrate a point with an extreme example.

Did I learn good?

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

ToBeDetermined
Korthos Resident

nonom?

Reply #205 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 10:01am
Print Post  

i ended up being rep for orien and thelanis

IP Logged

Equus
Korthos Resident

The battle rages on

Reply #206 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Why does the PC have so many people’s panties in a twist? Not that there's any particular revolutionary insight being passed along, or serious matters being addressed within the hallowed halls... just curious...

IP Logged

ToBeDetermined
Korthos Resident

nonom?

Reply #207 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Equus wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 10:02am:
Why does the PC have so many people’s panties in a twist? Not that there's any particular revolutionary insight being passed along, or serious matters being addressed within the hallowed halls... just curious...

The PC is like a premier breeding center. Ideas go in information is shared and child support comes out.

IP Logged

Equus
Korthos Resident

The battle rages on

Reply #208 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 10:37am
Print Post  
ToBeDetermined wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 10:05am:
The PC is like a premier breeding center. Ideas go in information is shared and child support comes out.

OK, but nobody seems to give a shit one way or another about what goes on there.. Or at least they act like the don't; rather they minimize it to the point of Ad nauseam, so what's the real point of paying any attention to the results anyway. I mean no body (even the PC members I've heard from) seem to think their efforts made a difference...

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #209 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:15am:
I can tell you my experience from the PC.

When I accepted my place on the PC 2014 I was worried that I wouldn't have time to participate, but Cordo told me it wouldn't be an issue. Seeing as some ppl only posted a few times ever, my worries were really in vein.

I joined the PC with excitement and plans to push the devs to fix bugs and to improve bug management. Having myself worked with bug fixes for the last 4 years, this was close to home. Didn't take long for me to realise, the PC is mostly there to say yes or no to dev plans, not really to have ideas of their own. I felt like the only ideas of ours they were interested in, were the ones they had already been thinking about.

I feel the PC has great potential, and I really hope Cordo and the rest listened to our improvement ideas in the end.

Oh and also the hurt feelings and noobish behaviour when it comes to debating, personal attacks, etc etc.. the PC forums felt pretty much like public forums, just with a smaller group of ppl. I started out wanting to make a difference.. quickly realising I can't fucking discuss with these ppl, so reduced my involvement to the minimum, mostly commenting on dev topics, much less on the other member's.

I expect internal drama. Cordo is going to have his hands full. Almost wish I could be a fly on the wall and see the ppl tear each other apart. But it gets old quickly.

Still good luck.. and enjoy. The PC turned me into more of a cynic than I already was. The positive attitude is just an act.

Would someone please tell Thaz that she can't milk her "I was on the PC" claims anymore, getting pathetic.

Move on Bumpy, it's over.

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #210 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
MadCookieQueen wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 12:43am:
*YAWN*

I was really hoping that at some point you'd get creative or interesting with the insults...but I have yet to be impressed with anything you say.

Can you do everyone a favor and not post until you can come up with something more interesting than:

fat
chubby
bitch
stupid
whore
lame

Until then, please be kind to your last two brain cells, they must be overworked. I wouldn't want you to cause additional injury to yourself.

Wave that white flag a little higher there stupid, try using your other chubby lame arm, and stop bitching about the whore Ash has taken to seeing, I'm sure he will give your fat ass some attention now that he is not "pacing" so much.

« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:00pm by gawker »  

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #211 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Ash wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 1:15am:
*Le sigh*

Not that I intended to get pulled into this B.S., but it seems that due to over protective individuals I have been.

Either way... PC 2014, a few successes, a lot of disappointments; if you want someone to blame (due to your general lack of intelligence) -- feel free to heap it on me.

If due to my involvement in last years PC you want to ignore me.. simply squelch any toon starting with 'ash' (On Ghallanda) and you are all set.

As to my fellow 2014 PC members.. while we didn't always agree, we did work towards trying to improve the game. 

Ignore the basement dwelling trolls that spent their waking  hours spewing B.S. here.  Many of us spend countless hours (and in some cases many $$$$ in consulting hours) doing our best to improve the game.  If the bottom feeders here wish to ignore that.. who cares.

We know some of the silly things that the devs proposed that never saw the light of day thanks to the work we did.

Meli, Micki, Flav, Bud, and many others (just hitting regular valuties) we know what we were able to accomplish and what we failed at.. but at the end of the day.. we did it together (arguments and all).

Fuck the trolls... I am happy with what we (all of us) were able to accomplish considering the circumstances.

Monk.. good luck, let me know how much your bar bill increases between now and December 2015 Smiley

Play the Martyr much?

IP Logged

gawker
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #212 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Meli wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 12:59am:
Cheesy   Mad <3  you only get Gawker special attention around here if you're special. Looks like you've totally made the grade Cheesy

And I do pop on to gland briefly to say hi to anoob who I miss from time to time and some of the other amazing people I met there - very cool server.

It's true she deserves just as much attention as a little narc for Cordo that gets spanked and runs away every couple of months. So, do you still have cordo's protection there princess? Still getting people banned because they wont lie for you?

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #213 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
gawker wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:01pm:
Play the Martyr much?

Thats assuming its not realky Mad signed into an account named Ash to further bitch about how much time and energy they put into the PC

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #214 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Meli wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 11:24pm:
K. Well I appreciate reading your posts on the forums and I'm sure many others do too. I quite enjoy your banter with the troll. Wish that troll account was still around.

MadCookieQueen wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 11:30pm:
I miss His Hjolyness! Without anyone to give hjealings to...it's like life is missing something...Sad

Good god. Only sad, completely unfunny fucktards were amused by the "hjeal me" catchphrases and barely in-character ramblings of teh-troll. The mother boards are the only place in this god-forsaken world where that low level humor actually plays.

As for him being gone - and I'm really not sure how many times this has to be discussed - he never leaves. He just posts under a new account. All you have to do is look for the person that posts the fucking most. Is some idiot throwing up 500 posts in a two month period out of the blue? Does this person feel that one to two words of incomprehensible bullshit are sufficient for making a quality post? Well then ape-man teh_troll bridge_dweller monkey-boy is probably the obnoxious blowhard you are seeking.

MadCookieQueen wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 6:38pm:
=because when you stick a crowd into a small space it is always the most stupidest that speak the most.

Sounds like you have less of a problem with this than you claim.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:14pm by FM »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #215 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:11pm:
Thats assuming its not realky Mad signed into an account named Ash to further bitch about how much time and energy they put into the PC

HA! that made me cackle out loud.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #216 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:14pm:
HA! that made me cackle out loud.

oh come now, dont tel me you havnt thought of that perspective as well xD

IP Logged

a Kitteh
DQ Assaulter

lolwut?

Reply #217 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:27pm
Print Post  

god no. you should be shot for suggesting that... no, you should be shot for even THINKING to suggest that!

Grace wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 5:14pm:
When a quest thinks you are so bad you need to reroll, that's srsbznz.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #218 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
MadCookieQueen wrote on Feb 18th, 2015 at 11:30pm:
I miss His Hjolyness! Without anyone to give hjealings to...it's like life is missing something...Sad

He is still on the forums as far as I know he just posts under the name Bridge_Dweller or some spelling variant thereof.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #219 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Equus wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 10:02am:

I don't think people actually care that much, it's just something to bitch about when the forums are slow.
The PC is what it is, and nothing people say or do here will change it.

The rest is just people lettin off steam/trolling (your choice).   Grin

Move along, these are not the droids you seek.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #220 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 2:53pm:
Would someone please tell Thaz...

You luv me... just admit it

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #221 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
No I can't say that I do.

But rest easy knowing that if I ever develop some sick twisted taste for Self-aggrandizing, publicity hungry, incompetent has-been PC members with bumpy noses, soul dead eyes, and unhealthy death-like pallor you will be right at the bottom of my list.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #222 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 5:32pm:
I don't think people actually care that much, it's just something to bitch about when the forums are slow.
The PC is what it is, and nothing people say or do here will change it.

The rest is just people lettin off steam/trolling (your choice).   Grin

Move along, these are not the droids you seek.

And don't forget the former PC members who are here in a sad attempt to suck the last bit notoriety from their tenure.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #223 - Feb 19th, 2015 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 5:48pm:
And don't forget the former PC members who are here in a sad attempt to suck the last bit notoriety from their tenure.

... And/or simply commented because it's the thread title.

Dude, the more you post, the more Meli* posts. You don't see a problem with that?

*Thaz. Shit. I get them mixed up.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2015 at 9:41pm by Revaulting »  

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #224 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 12:17am
Print Post  
To my understanding, Madcookie was never any part of the Players Council whatsoever, not at all. She had no input on any of the subjects the Players Council dealt with and is and was never a spokesperson in any capacity for the Players Council no matter what has been inferred .  Also her spouse would have been prohibited from discussing any of the issues covered in the Players Council forums, so I don't see why you are all attacking her.

It seems pointless, and misguided, because even if her spouse wanted to speak in her defense in a effort to clear up any misconceptions there are, he would be limited in what he could say by the NDA he agreed to, as would any other former Players Council members from 2014.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 12:23am by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Send TopicPrint