Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 2015 Player's Council (Read 89317 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: 2015 Player's Council
Reply #225 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Quote:
To my understanding, Madcookie was never any part of the Players Council whatsoever, not at all. She had no input on any of the subjects the Players Council dealt with and is and was never a spokesperson in any capacity for the Players Council no matter what has been inferred .  Also her spouse would have been prohibited from discussing any of the issues covered in the Players Council forums, so I don't see why you are all attacking her.

It seems pointless, and misguided, because even if her spouse wanted to speak in her defense in a effort to clear up any misconceptions there are, he would be limited in what he could say by the NDA he agreed to, as would any other former Players Council members from 2014.

Cordo - why don't you just use your account and be done with it?
C'mon - this reads like an official Cordo post, having gone via the WB lawyer, defending the PC.  No-one on the Vault talks like that (psssttt - especially not Mattyboy).

Yeah, spouses who play the game would not discuss the frustrations in trying to deal with Turdbine and obnoxious forumites.  Are you really that naive?  "Sorry honey, my NDA precludes me from discussing any matters pertaining to DDO with you." 
You're relationship with your wife must be wonderful, "sorry dear, you're not Turdbine authorised to know that!"
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 6:54pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #226 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Feb 19th, 2015 at 9:43am:
What?

Here, let me explain.

The poster to whom I was referring claimed to have invented chocolate-covered raisins.  Even though I knew this to be facetious, based on his other claims, I decided to go along with the joke, and cursed him out for inventing something I really don't like, which is, on occasion, mixed in with a similarly-sized and -shaped confection that I do enjoy, namely chocolate-covered peanuts, leading me to picking one out of a pile, and, expecting something pleasant, instead get something quite the opposite.

While I do understand that his claim was hyperbolic and fitting in with the earlier discussion of silly persons who claim to have a hand in inventing things that they really didn't, I decided to meet this with an equally hyperbolic, if tangential, comment.  This is humourous, as is the original poster's, because of the hyperbole.

Hyperbole is a literary device in which an extravagant statement is made, not meant to be taken literally, to illustrate a point with an extreme example.

Did I learn good?

It was also a joke. Sorry I forgot the cheesy smily:  Cheesy

But really, where I come from, chocolate covered peanuts would never be mixed with chocolate covered raisins. That's why I say to read the container, because you must have gotten them mixed up.

But apparently you must live in a land of uncivilized snack-mixing barbarians.  Cheesy

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #227 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 6:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
To my understanding, Madcookie was never any part of the Players Council whatsoever, not at all. She had no input on any of the subjects the Players Council dealt with and is and was never a spokesperson in any capacity for the Players Council no matter what has been inferred .  Also her spouse would have been prohibited from discussing any of the issues covered in the Players Council forums, so I don't see why you are all attacking her.

It seems pointless, and misguided, because even if her spouse wanted to speak in her defense in a effort to clear up any misconceptions there are, he would be limited in what he could say by the NDA he agreed to, as would any other former Players Council members from 2014.

There is a laugability of a cunt of your magnitude trying to White Knight someone after the shit you have spewed Riddling.

« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 6:59am by Shadehater »  

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #228 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Quote:

Your spot on..

But then again, this is the Vault.  Why would they let facts and logic get in the way of their lame attempts to troll and provoke.

IP Logged

MadCookieQueen
Korthos Resident

I'm gonna sing the doom
song....

Reply #229 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 9:10am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 1:08am:
Cordo - why don't you just use your account and be done with it?
C'mon - this reads like an official Cordo post, having gone via the WB lawyer, defending the PC.  No-one on the Vault talks like that (psssttt - especially not Mattyboy).

Yeah, spouses who play the game would not discuss the frustrations in trying to sea with Turdbine and obnoxious forumites.  Are you really that naive?  "Sorry honey, my NDA precludes me from discussing any matters pertaining to DDO with you." 
You're relationship with your wife must be wonderful, "sorry dear, you're not Turdbine authorised to know that!"

Actually he isn't that far off. Much of what was going on the PC world, I didn't know. I can't count how many times changes went through and Ash would get an earful over the "why the fuck didn't you tell me?!"

Also numerous times he'd not look happy and I'd ask him about it and he'd shrug and say something like "PC bullshit." I'd drop it, and just let him sort it out.

So yeah...there was a fair amount of respect for the NDA around our house.

Firestarter: 15 Bard/4 FvS/1 Fighter || War Dancer: 15 Bard/5 Ranger || Symphony of Metal: 15 Bard/3 Wizard/2 Fighter || Avatar of Eilistraee: 18 Bard/1 Cleric/1Fighter || Shadovar Infiltrator: 18 Wizard/1 Rogue/1 Fighter

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #230 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 9:16am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 1:08am:
Yeah, spouses who play the game would not discuss the frustrations in trying to sea with Turdbine and obnoxious forumites.  Are you really that naive?  "Sorry honey, my NDA precludes me from discussing any matters pertaining to DDO with you." 

Having signed and agreed to many NDAs in the real world I guess I have a bit more respect for them than your average Valutie.

While I agree that the PC NDA is somewhat a joke (I actually lobbied to have PC members sign, notarize and return the damn thing); due to my profession and background I take all of them pretty seriously -- even the ones that "don't hold a lot of water".

IP Logged

giveusaclue
Korthos Resident

WTF wheres all the Boobs
at !!

Reply #231 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:40am
Print Post  
wow 54 people thats the whole of fkin ddo isnt it

if your worse than me your a noob
if your better than me you need to get a life!

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #232 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Ash wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 9:16am:
While I agree that the PC NDA is somewhat a joke

it is non-binding and non-enforceable. I am surprised you would take it seriously when turbine does not.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #233 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 11:40am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:47am:
it is non-binding and non-enforceable. I am surprised you would take it seriously when turbine does not.

This.

Their NDA, at least the part about it applying to you after your term on the PC, isn't anywhere close to being enforceable. They haven't given you ANY consideration for your agreeing to abide by the NDA after your term.

I'd just laugh in their fucking faces if they tried to enforce that shit on me.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #234 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:47am:

While I don't disagree with your assessment on the NDA, by joining the council last year I agreed to abide by a certain set of rules.  While they might not take it seriously, that doesn't mean I didn't take my agreement to those terms seriously.

A person is only as good as their word... even (and especially) when it is non-enforceable.

Again, I work in an industry where NDAs are our lifeblood.  And I am certainly not going to compromise my integrity to satisfy a bunch of strangers on the internet.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #235 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Also her spouse would have been prohibited from discussing any of the issues covered in the Players Council forums, so I don't see why you are all attacking her.

Had I been picked up for the PC I would have posted here under a sock puppet account.  Turdbine would have no clue.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 4:58pm by raybob »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #236 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Shadehater wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 6:57am:
There is a laugability of a cunt of your magnitude trying to White Knight someone after the shit you have spewed Riddling.

Ash wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 9:10am:
Your spot on..

But then again, this is the Vault.  Why would they let facts and logic get in the way of their lame attempts to troll and provoke.

MadCookieQueen wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 9:10am:
Actually he isn't that far off. Much of what was going on the PC world, I didn't know. I can't count how many times changes went through and Ash would get an earful over the "why the fuck didn't you tell me?!"

Also numerous times he'd not look happy and I'd ask him about it and he'd shrug and say something like "PC bullshit." I'd drop it, and just let him sort it out.

So yeah...there was a fair amount of respect for the NDA around our house.

This whole series of posts made me smile and laugh really hard again then again, and finally one more time really really hard. So I will just thank the vault for this absurd gem.

My initial chuckle, seeing a sock attempt damage control, making a post that as Drop pointed out sounds like it was vetted by a lawyer and at the same time hints that some should behave and hangs Madcookie out to dry.

Mirth at seeing Shade lose his shit and go all sanctimonious, normally one of the sharper tools in the vault, seems to have missed that high-jacking.

Then I'm really laughing out loud as Ash posts "spot on! nice job boss!" the only thing missing was "can I get you a cup of coffee Cordovan?" with a little bow. Thanks for making it absolutely clear how we should interpret anything more you post Ash. 

By the time I read where Madcookie is trying to claw back some appearance of PC insider status I was crying tears of mirth. Ash says the post with words like: never any part, whatsoever, at all, & no input, never, prohibited... etc is "spot on" But Madcookie can't lose that PC mystique without a fight it seems, so she posts that it was only "much she didn't know", not all you see! and tells anyone who will listen  how only sometimes she would give him a earful, and how there was just a "fair" amount of respect for the NDA. Like watching Mrs. Bucket on the forums.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 5:28pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #237 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 5:25pm:
Then I'm really laughing out loud as Ash posts "spot on! nice job boss!" the only thing missing was "can I get you a cup of coffee Cordovan?" with a little bow. Thanks for making it absolutely clear how we should interpret anything more you post Ash.

Wow..

All I can say is believe what you want.. those that know, know.

edit. just quickly scanned your last 50 posts Hag, and realized that you have not said anything of substance in any of them -- I guess I shouldn't be surprised -- I really should retract my "wow' statement.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 5:51pm by Ash »  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #238 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Ash wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 5:40pm:
Wow..

There, saved it for you mate.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 5:49pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Ash
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #239 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 5:49pm:
There, saved it for you mate.

What would I ever do without you

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #240 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Ash wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 5:51pm:
What would I ever do without you

Well you could always ask Cordovan, you seem to find his advice "spot on".

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #241 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:

So, it would be entirely impossible for woman to look at mans pc, while man was looking through the PC forums.. yeah, that would never happen..

IP Logged

DropBear

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #242 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
I want to be clear that I'm not commenting on MadCookie or Ash specifically, except to say that Ash holds himself to a standard few others would meet.  He has explained why NDA's are important to him and I accept that as understandable - because it's not what others think of you, it's the respect you have for your own actions that count the most.

I work in an industry heavy with NDA's too, but I can't take the Turdbine one too seriously sorry.  I would honour the principle of the agreement, but hardly the letter of the "law" espoused above.

My commentary was more about the obvious source of that Mattyboy post and how out of touch with reality that expectation is for the ordinary person.
if I were on the PC, breaching the NDA with my wife wouldn't be an issue as she hates the game and thinks computer games are for kids.  So I couldn't discuss it even if I tried!   Grin

The other point I am trying to make is - so what if someone talks yo their wife about DDO?  If that person is circumspect, then what harm us done?  If their partner is not circumspect, you track down the leak as you would any other.

Turdbine behave like they're in the Cold War era still.  Get real guys.
As the others have called you out - an agreement with no actual enforceability is as effective as a wet paper bag.  And as Ash said, the execution of it makes dubiously binding to begin with.
I personally agree that if you join the PC you should respect the agreement because you said you would, not because it is "legal".

Cordo - coming on here with the BS above is just idiocy and you deserve to get flamed.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #243 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
I'm still not convinced it was Cordo.  Though if it's a hijacking O did admittedly miss it.  We all have off days.  I really am leaning toward it being numb nuts McGee .  However, l very well could be wrong, especially if it has been verified by Dropbear

So wishy washy reply aside.  I will wait and see.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:44pm by Shadehater »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #244 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
ya hag is a douche don't talk to him

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #245 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Interesting it is the same Mattyboy account by post history.  Somewhere after his"ban" though he started spewing ddo party Line bullshit.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #246 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:39pm:
I'm still not convinced it was Cordo.  Though if it's a hijacking O did admittedly miss it.  We all have off days.  I really am leaning toward it being numb nuts McGee .  However, l very well could be wrong, especially if it has been verified by Dropbear

So wishy washy reply aside.  I will wait and see.

Hey, I was just poking you for giggles shade, hardly matters, especially compared to the other hilarious posts that came out of that from Ash and Mad, my genuine targets.

I wouldn't have spotted it if Dropbear hadn't pointed it out a couple months ago and I think it's safe to say we all have "blinders" for certain people that prompt a strong reaction, myself included..    cough cough (Arkough) cough
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 11:59pm by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #247 - Feb 21st, 2015 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Ash wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 12:21pm:
While I don't disagree with your assessment on the NDA, by joining the council last year I agreed to abide by a certain set of rules.  While they might not take it seriously, that doesn't mean I didn't take my agreement to those terms seriously.

A person is only as good as their word... even (and especially) when it is non-enforceable.

Again, I work in an industry where NDAs are our lifeblood.  And I am certainly not going to compromise my integrity to satisfy a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Mmmmm. Smell that? This right here is pure paladin.

Have you ever worked in an industry that receives tips? You accurately reported them on your tax return, didn't you?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #248 - Feb 21st, 2015 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 11:57pm:
Hey, I was just poking you for giggles shade, hardly matters, especially compared to the other hilarious posts that came out of that from Ash and Mad, my genuine targets.

I wouldn't have spotted it if Dropbear hadn't pointed it out a couple months ago and I think it's safe to say we all have "blinders" for certain people that prompt a strong reaction, myself included..    cough cough (Arkough) cough

That is fair.  That guy really just sets me off.  Of course he thinks I'm an Aussie chick that played on his server so... Cheesy

IP Logged

Factor
Ex Member

Reply #249 - Feb 21st, 2015 at 4:33am
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Feb 21st, 2015 at 4:01am:

I'm an Aussie chick

!? Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Send TopicPrint