Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Has anyone ever... (Read 11385 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Has anyone ever...
Feb 20th, 2015 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
...put together a list of which quests to do, in what order, and how many times, to level easily?

Personally, I always hit a bit of a rut at various points where I just do not know what I should be doing Tongue

I'm currently at 16, holding 17(a little over 2.8 million) on a more or less flower-sniffy life, but I'd kind of like to be 20 so I can start farming the various epic items I desperately want.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Re: Has anyone ever...
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
there are several 'optimized leveling' threads on the motherboards

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Any useful guide is going to be dependent on playstyle, skill, and quest knowledge.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Very easy is invis running 2/day Shadow of a Doubt and Missing.
Caravans and rats in Orchard is always a good option. Desecrated Temple of Vol. Elite GH saga.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
I should go get flagged for Tor while I'm still 16... I usually skip gianthold but I sure would not mind farming for scales...

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 2:51pm:
...put together a list of which quests to do, in what order, and how many times, to level easily?

Adventure Compendium, descending sort by level, run once on heroic elite in order.  Only bank levels if you’re not done with a level of quests.  You can even hold onto the Three Barrel Cove and Gianthold saga rewards for later if you want.  You can skip the raids, but I’m sure you can at least duo most of them at level.

(I guess what I’m saying is: With the reduction in the heroic TR XP table and all the newer quests, leveling isn’t hard.  So, you might as well max out those favor rewards.)

Also, if you do all the stuff in order, you can ride the heroic elite streak into level 23.

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
with (near) infinite sovereign pots, who cares?

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 2:51pm:

Personally, I always hit a bit of a rut at various points where I just do not know what I should be doing Tongue

I'm currently at 16, holding 17(a little over 2.8 million) on a more or less flower-sniffy life, but I'd kind of like to be 20 so I can start farming the various epic items I desperately want.

yes, even made a script to run a few of them... Let my script for 100 favor dash spamming loose a few years back, though hvnt updated it with my new-found skills (thanks to fr8o).

For a rough sketch of what i ran a with during my last play spree:

All of Korthos Town quests x1 on elite, Run the Inn on Elite, hard, and normal x1 each.

All of Korthos Wild quests x1 on elite for the favor mostly, though all of them bring you to level 3 (with a large heroic tome)

All Harbor quests, regardless of the quest level, x1. This will give you your first inv tab. At this point, you should be nearing lvl 6, I would run Waterworks until you reach level 8 (might go over 8.. thats fine). 3 run throughs on Elite, and then 1 run each on hard and normal.

From here, Run through Catacombs once on elite, full chain. Should net you a little over lvl 9.

Head to Necro 1, full chain, Ignoring crypt (for now)

Run Necro 2 flags, Due to the high xp from Shadow Knight (All the traps first time should give ~9k xp on elite), Id advise soloing this (if a trapper) a few times, doing just traps, without completing the mission. Once done with the flags of necro 2, run necro 1 crypt 5-8 times on Elite, then hard and normal, followed by Necro 2 crypt 5-8 times elite, then hard/normal. Should be pushing 13 at this point

From here, i typically head to Gianthold, gather all explores and 400 of each zone kills (with a major slayer, only need to kill 100ish mobs of each faction, can be done in less than an hour and nets way more xp than if you were to quest during that same hour). If your running a 50%, should be nearing 15. Run all walk ups once (Due to the changes, Cabal is now lvl 14, so runable at 16.. Technically only 5 "Walk ups" now. Run them all once), at 16, do Cabal Elite, Crucible/Pop/Madstone Elite x3 (if you desire, the xp is worth it, but not needed). and then Hard/Norm. Follow up with Gianthold Tor elite for saga, save it though.. you shouldnt needed to use the xp from it.. But if your desperate, use it. Pushing middle of 17 at this point.

From here, its users choice.. Personally i head to Necro 3 for the favor and run all 5 elite once, which puts you in range of 18. Alternatively, you could go to necro 4 for the BB streak and run them all once, then come back to 3 for the rest of the favor for silver flame potions. Either way youll be lvl 18 when your done.. Just in time to spam litany

Run litany ~10 times on Elite, If your saves suck (force maze just before dragon), run once elite, then ~13 times hard, followed by normal and casual (the only quest i ever run on casual.. 2 mins for ~20k xp.. cant beat that)

Run Vale x1 elite on all 5, Run Running with the Devils x5 on hard, then 1 on norm.

For your last bit of milking xp, run Asylum (marketplace, next to northern tavern) on elite 3 times, hard ~7 times, and then normal. (If your good with the puzzle, takes approximately 3 mins for each run

If you still need a bit more xp, run vale explorer/rare/slayer.. Tongue

It would take me about 14 hours of actual game play (not sitting around bullshitting), to complete each life with the above.. I only run 50% pot once i get to gianthold, i could probably shave an hour or 2 off it..
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 9:00pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 8:55pm:
Run litany ~10 times on Elite, If your saves suck (force maze just before dragon), run once elite, then ~13 times hard, followed by normal and casual (the only quest i ever run on casual.. 2 mins for ~20k xp.. cant beat that)

Run Vale x1 elite on all 5, Run Running with the Devils x5 on hard, then 1 on norm.

For your last bit of milking xp, run Asylum (marketplace, next to northern tavern) on elite 3 times, hard ~7 times, and then normal. (If your good with the puzzle, takes approximately 3 mins for each run

If you still need a bit more xp, run vale explorer/rare/slayer.. Tongue

It would take me about 14 hours of actual game play (not sitting around bullshitting), to complete each life with the above.. I only run 50% pot once i get to gianthold, i could probably shave an hour or 2 off it..

Surely you mean this was your process before they changed the Quest Ransack rules in late 2013?
10x Litany and 13xHard?  by the 5th run, you'd be on -80% base xp??

There's no point running anything for XP more than say 4 times in a day?
I'm assuming you're not pausing to let the ransack reset as you say you do it in 14 hours?

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #9 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:15pm:
Surely you mean this was your process before they changed the Quest Ransack rules in late 2013?
10x Litany and 13xHard?  by the 5th run, you'd be on -80% base xp??

There's no point running anything for XP more than say 4 times in a day?
I'm assuming you're not pausing to let the ransack reset as you say you do it in 14 hours?

My days of doing 18 hour runs were all but run out last year... I managed at most 3 hours, which allowed for the ransack reset on various quests.. Though, one could reduce any that are over 3 runs on a specific difficulty and instead fit in von 1-4 around lvl 11 prior to ransacking the crypts...

But to answer your question, yes. this list was mostly from my script files, some incomplete, others outdated.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:33pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #10 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Fair enough.

As Starkjade said, it is dependent on your playstyle.
If you play 8 hours a day, then you need a broader base.
Like you, I play a lot less than that so my quests reset between play days.

Just something for Noamineo to be cognizant of.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #11 - Feb 20th, 2015 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 10:15pm:
you'd be on -80% base xp??

Even at -80%, Litany is still a fair chunk of change for 5 minutes of work.

My favourite quick/easy xp quests at lvl 16+ are Sane Asylum H, Lords of Dust E, and Running with the Devils H.  Generally I'll run most of the 16-19 quests once each, then repeat those three until I cap, interspersed with Orchard and Vale slayers up to ~400 when I'm feeling like I need mindlessness.

I'm definitely not a super-fast TR guy, but I have more time to play than the average working man, so efficiency isn't at the top of my list.

IP Logged

GamerE
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
[quote author=7E5D504559310 link=1424461862/7#7 date=1424483725]

So.. how do you run Litany in 2 min - does not the room immediately after the "trick" chests have a timer that takes several min by itself?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #13 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 20th, 2015 at 3:10pm:
I should go get flagged for Tor while I'm still 16... I usually skip gianthold but I sure would not mind farming for scales...

if you're TRing GH is easy mid-level xp that has another 46k xp saga reward.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #14 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
GamerE wrote on Mar 18th, 2015 at 3:42pm:
[quote author=7E5D504559310 link=1424461862/7#7 date=1424483725]

does not the room immediately after the "trick" chests have a timer that takes several min by itself? 

yes.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2015 at 5:04pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
GamerE wrote on Mar 18th, 2015 at 3:42pm:
So.. how do you run Litany in 2 min - does not the room immediately after the "trick" chests have a timer that takes several min by itself?

Completion times are the penis sizes of online gaming.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Mar 18th, 2015 at 5:45pm:
Completion times are the penis sizes of online gaming.

That and achievement points, but since DDO wasn't smart enough to have such system, we're left with completion times.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure NOT having an achievement system was a pretty smart move on DDO's part. Do we really want to add "achievement hunters" to the list of annoying behaviors we already get?

Funny thing about DDO: completion times are like penisis, especially in the part where everyone lies about their length.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
whats smart on this? and whats annoying on achievement hunting, especially if that wont concern u at all?

imho all those slayers, rares and whatever are sort of achievements.

and i believe that lot of ppl would hunt achievements even if it would mean getting just some visible non game impact reward - be it some cosmetic item or just medal showing in bio.

and yeah, its about epenises - someone measure it by completion time, someone by amount of useless greensteel junk he made of duped shroud mats:)

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #19 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Mar 18th, 2015 at 6:48pm:
and i believe that lot of ppl would hunt achievements even if it would mean getting just some visible non game impact reward - be it some cosmetic item or just medal showing in bio.

I'm a collector.  I like things like that just for their own sake, not for a visible trophy.

The monster manuals were my favourite addition to the game, for example.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Mar 18th, 2015 at 6:57pm:
I'm a collector.  I like things like that just for their own sake, not for a visible trophy.

The monster manuals were my favourite addition to the game, for example.

i fully understand that:) tho i like trophies - im pretty proud of having leather bomber jacket with monster hunter sign on back in Secret world - prooving i found and killed every single rare spawn there - i d like something like that in DDO:)

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #21 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
It's just giving players one more number to increase and a very important one since it would be showed to every other player.

There's no way to rank players in DDO, at least visibly. No achievements, no PvE or PvP ranks, no titles, nothing. The only numbers that could mark some sort of difference between new and old players used to be the number of reincarnations or number of alts of one person (EDIT: and favor), which is why those people usually put both things on their bios.

Epeenises just increase the longetivity of online games in general, it's pretty much a representation of the whole concept of MMORPG games imo.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2015 at 9:40pm by Sasha »  

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #22 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Copied from Favor Runners(of Cannith) website.  Not sure I agree with all of it, but there it is.

"  Leveling Guide for Fast Experience Points

(Note this guide recommends doing quests on elite first for the Bravery bonus)

Level 1

Do Information is Key once on Elite, once on Hard, then three times on Normal, do Bringing the Light once on Elite, Hard, and Normal

Level 2

Do Kobolds New Ringleader once on Elite, once on Hard, then five times on Normal.

Level 3

Do the Waterworks chain on Elite, do Garrison's Missing Pack, Durks Got a Secret, Haverdasher, Walk the Butchers Path, the Sunken Sewer, and Missing in Action quests on elite

Level 4

Do the depths chain on Elite, Hard, and Normal, do the Shan-To-Kor, Sharn Syndicate, and Catacombs chains on elite.

Level 5

Do the Necropolis 1 chain on elite, window-farm the bloody crypt until you hit level 6

Level 6

Do the Tangleroot chain on Elite

Level 7

Do the Delera's chain on Elite, Hard, and Normal, window farm parts 2 and 4.

Level 8

Do the House Kundarak Quests on Elite to get your bank upgrades, do Tharashk Arena and the Prison of the Mind on Elite

Level 9

Do the Tear of Dhakaan on Elite, do the first four quests of the Necropolis 2 chain on elite

Level 10

Do the Shadow Crypt on Elite several times

Level 11

Do the Jungle of Khyber quest on Elite several times

Level 12

Do Tempest's Spine on Elite if you find a group, do all Sands walkup quests on elite, do lordsmarch chain on elite.

Level 13

Do Sands flagging quests on elite, repeat Chamber of Raiyum several times on hard or normal, do the first four Necropolis 3 quests on Elite

Level 14

Farm the Cursed Crypt (Necrpolis 3) on Elite, do the second Lordsmarch Chain on Elite.

Level 15

Do Gianthold walkups on elite, repeat them on hard or normal.

Level 16

Farm the three flagging quests in Gianthold on Elite. Do Gianthold Tor on Elite, Do Necropolis 4 quests on Elite and repeat them on hard or normal

Level 17

Do the Harbinger of Madness Chain on Elite and repeat it on hard. Do Litany of the Dead on Elite and repeat it.

Level 18

Do all the Vale Quests on Elite then repeat them on hard and normal, do monastery of the scorpion on elite and repeat it several times on hard or normal.

Level 19

Do Inspired Quarter 1 and 2 on Elite and repeat them on hard and normal. Do some of the Amrath quests on normal, hard, or elite. Do the Reign of Madness Chain on Elite. Do Hound of Xoriat and A Vision of Destruction on Normal. Do In the Demon's Den on Normal or Hard.

Level 20

You've reached Level 20! Congratulations! Now you get to farm epic dungeon and raid tokens, true reincarnate, and start all over at level 1. Hooray! Smiley "

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
there were quite a few and I personally used OR's version back in the day, but ever sense xp pen decays it has gone out the window, now its hit up the big farm spots as soon as possible and do them twice a day, even doing some 3-4 levels over can still net good xp depending on the quest.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #24 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Mar 18th, 2015 at 9:21pm:
It's just giving players one more number to increase and a very important one since it would be showed to every other player.

I know I'd hate it, unless I had the choice over whether to display my list of achievements. I'm happy with Monster Manual-style achievements, but I'd purposely avoid many achievements if they were automatically public.

Then again, I'm playing DDO despite the fact that it's an MMO, and not because of it.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint