Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What did Turbine do to the raids? (Read 4767 times)
Angry
Puppy Farmer

What did Turbine do to the raids?
Feb 23rd, 2015 at 3:19am
Print Post  
Especially Deathwyrm?

We found this weekend that Deathwyrm was completely unplayable on EE.. at least at the hour we attempted it. The next day someone else did an eN run without any problem.

Then there was a group doing eH CitW and it took 2h cause of lag... while I did 2x eN in less than that time.

I haven't been following what Turbine has been doing to try and address the lag.. but this is just ridiculous. We got much less players than before, but the lag, especially in higher difficulties in some raids is just... well fatal. Raids unplayable. When did this happen and why?

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: What did Turbine do to the raids?
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 3:32am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 3:19am:
Especially Deathwyrm?

We found this weekend that Deathwyrm was completely unplayable on EE.. at least at the hour we attempted it. The next day someone else did an eN run without any problem.

Then there was a group doing eH CitW and it took 2h cause of lag... while I did 2x eN in less than that time.

I haven't been following what Turbine has been doing to try and address the lag.. but this is just ridiculous. We got much less players than before, but the lag, especially in higher difficulties in some raids is just... well fatal. Raids unplayable. When did this happen and why?

I am curious what Ra will respond to this. Shocked

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 3:35am
Print Post  
All i can tell ya is that guild ship rooms load in slowly, then there is the polinomial time deposit bagging.

These sort of shit all contribute to massive lag when servers are swarmed by people entering guild ships, tossing stuff into depo. etc etc

If turdbin just took some time to run a debugger or at least test the time output for all the shit they introduce... That would save us a lot of trouble.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2015 at 3:36am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 4:16am
Print Post  
Lag is now akin to a close friend.  Turbine thinks that if they remove it now, we'd miss it dearly Sad

Better to keep it close so we don't feel abandoned.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Not just the raids. Don't Drink the Water EE was a lag wipe.

At least some people DC'd to miss the bloodbath.  Tongue

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Last weekend was really bad. Rubberbanding in Necro, Eveningstar, Market.
10+ seconds freezes in Tor or Stormhorns.
Lag in Mod.

Again, fucking weekend, when many people would play ( and maybe pay ) more or maybe some new folks are trying out the game.

« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:14am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Hah! I've got it! It's an acclimation process. Turbine is introducing lag to everything, so that we won't complain about the lag from Mabar when they drag its hoary broken ass out for "festivities."

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:14am:
Last weekend was really bad. Rubberbanding in Necro, Eveningstar, Market.
10+ seconds freezes in Tor or Stormhorns.
Lag in Mod.

Again, fucking weekend, when many people would play ( and maybe pay ) more or maybe some new folks are trying out the game.

Are you on Thelanis?

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:35am
Print Post  
idk, i m argo resident and havent notice nothing unusual thru last week, doing raids almost every day. no totally lag free, but just couple spikes here n there.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:14am:
more or maybe some new folks are trying out the game.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #10 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:30am:
Are you on Thelanis?

Ghallanda. But people from all servers seem to be not really happy with the lag.
Looking at the motherforums, Orien, Cannith, Thelanis, Salorna ...
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:39am:

Dunno, I would sometimes look at the who panel when I have nothing better to do and there are 20 - 30 unguildied newbies in Korthos or Harbour.
Too bad almost never in group.
I sometimes wish I was one of the super patient people and group with them instead of invisizerg < 10 quests like usual.
Never get around to do it.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #11 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:50am
Print Post  
THis has nothing to do with amount of people playing.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:45am:
Ghallanda. But people from all servers seem to be not really happy with the lag.
Looking at the shithole DDO forums, Orien, Cannith, Thelanis, Salorna ...
Dunno, I would sometimes look at the who panel when I have nothing better to do and there are 20 - 30 unguildied newbies in Korthos or Harbour.
Too bad almost never in group.
I sometimes wish I was one of the super patient people and group with them instead of invisizerg < 10 quests like usual.
Never get around to do it.

I feel you.  My guild is very small (2 members).  Mostly because I can never be bothered with finding new people to join the guild, let alone flower sniff in Korthos.  Shame, because it would be genuinely be fun to have a few more members in the guild.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:51am
Print Post  
I think for shits and giggles Im gonna do this today when the servers come back up.

head out to korthos and help a bunch of noobs out getting into DDO.

once Im done with that I'll probably have the need to help scrubbed from my brain for the next 14 months.   win win.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #14 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:50am:

Wrong, full group = retarded lag always.

7-11 group = lag sometimes.

6 man = no lag at all.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #15 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:50am:

Dude sees some super rare ddo banner or hears about ddo from a friend.
Dude has patience to wait for 3 hours long download /  install.
Makes a toon, no groups in Korthos, alright, he gets to explore quests alone. Gets hit by the goddamn lag.
Never tries the game again. First impression is really important.

I really don't understand HOW technical side of the game / or ability to even fucking log in and play is NOT a top priority.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #16 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:10am
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 9:55am:
Wrong, full group = retarded lag always.

7-11 group = lag sometimes.

6 man = no lag at all.

I didnt mention group/party.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #17 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Ppl were having theories about how to get rid of or avoid the lag in Deathwyrm... kill archers quickly, keep whole party in one instance, kill trash quickly, etc.

Yet, Deathwyrm EE was unplayable.. we did EE Fire on Thunder Peak instead and finished it without any lag.

Both eN Deathwyrm and eN CitW were lag free... so I am thinking there is some shitty code somewhere that affects the higher difficulties. My guess is that they tried to fix Deathwyrm lag on the code level.. but managed to make it worse. It's very possible that the mob spawn with a full party is too much for their platform to handle atm. Adjusting mob spawns could help.

Though, what a surprise. I said exactly the same about Mabar. Turbine needs to have a look at the spawns and adjust them. Of course, who knows.. might be something else too.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #18 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:08am:
Dude sees some super rare ddo banner or hears about ddo from a friend.
Dude has patience to wait for 3 hours long download /  install.
Makes a toon, no groups in Korthos, alright, he gets to explore quests alone. Gets hit by the goddamn lag.
Never tries the game again. First impression is really important.

I really don't understand HOW technical side of the game / or ability to even fucking log in and play is NOT a top priority.

Who the hell would recommend ddo to a friend?
Maybe recommend it to your enemy, but friend, not now.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:11am:
Ppl were having theories about how to get rid of or avoid the lag in Deathwyrm... kill archers quickly, keep whole party in one instance, kill trash quickly, etc.

Yet, Deathwyrm EE was unplayable.. we did EE Fire on Thunder Peak instead and finished it without any lag.

Both eN Deathwyrm and eN CitW were lag free... so I am thinking there is some shitty code somewhere that affects the higher difficulties. My guess is that they tried to fix Deathwyrm lag on the code level.. but managed to make it worse. It's very possible that the mob spawn with a full party is too much for their platform to handle atm. Adjusting mob spawns could help.

Though, what a surprise. I said exactly the same about Mabar. Turbine needs to have a look at the spawns and adjust them. Of course, who knows.. might be something else too.

Oh man, you reminded me of a glorious EE Fire on Thunderpeak raid that I was in.  We were destroying face. 

Mobs dropping like flies.  Dragons dropping like dragon-sized-flies.  Then the lag monster hits.  Queue Powerpoint Slideshow DDO!  (hey that rhymes...). 

All went to fuck shortly after.  And by shortly I mean twenty minutes later when we all noticed we were dead. 

Ah, the good times we have on DDO Smiley.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #20 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:08am:

This!

A few weeks ago I was in my local game shop and got talking with another customer, also a father with kids starting to game. Somehow DDO came up and the guy was curious. I told him I've been playing for years and still play a few hours a week, I gave him my server and character name and told him to send a mail if he was interested in a hand learning the ropes.

But I also warned him about the bugs, the half finished systems, and the lag. He kept smiling and nodding, but clearly the interest went out. The D&D name still has huge pull, but crap implementation is still repulsive Sad There are too many choices now to get away with business as usual for Turdbin. I may see the guy at a PnP session at the shop, but I serously doubt I'll see him in DDO.

Viktor Vaughn wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:11am:
Who the hell would recommend ddo to a friend?
Maybe recommend it to your enemy, but friend, not now.

LOL, yeah, this too Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:49am by Meursault »  

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Scrybe
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:57am
Print Post  
I try to get a few RL friends to play DDO (yes, people like me in real life, truly!).  I host two or three LAN Weekends a year usually. 

Pretty hardcore gaming weekends, spending 16-18 hours a day constantly playing over two or three days. I get some mates that have never played and run them through the game basics, and quest with them for as long as possible.

Unfortunately, nobody ever sticks at it for very long.  The LAN sessions are always a blast, though.  Maybe DDO is something that just appeals to me, and not many other people see the fun in it?  XD  I dunno, as much as I bitch and moan, I still enjoy playing.

IP Logged

Calro
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Feb 23rd, 2015 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Bro tip, lag had always been a thang.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint