Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Hipster Doofus Pegged by Fat Ugly Wench (Read 22446 times)
Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Re: Hipster Doofus Pegged by Fat Ugly Wench
Reply #25 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 7:17am
Print Post  
I couldn't give less of a fuck about random loot (or most of the shit players whine about)...the last exciting piece of random gear I got was a +1 Silver Flaming Righteous Bastard sword ML 6 or some such, Deadly items and 30% striding gear with slots and MC/Cursed for lower ML.

Ghostbane handwraps work at least...older Monk handwraps (among other things) have been broken wayyyy before Feather stirred the pot.

Regardless of the who, what, when, where and why's of Feather's term at Turbine Divine Crusader kicks ass as a destiny so if anything thanks for that.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #26 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 8:41am
Print Post  
SolarDawning wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 7:44pm:
Sorry you didn't like the work I did on Menace of the Underdark. If it's any consolation, I left Turbine a year ago, and I wasn't working on itemization for about six months before that (You've had about four different designers doing rewards since), so I'm glad to hear you think things have gotten better.

Any improvements in DDO are good ones, given the state the game and Turbine are at. It was the first game I worked on, and my first studio, so it'll always hold a soft spot in my heart, even long after I've moved on to bigger and better things. =)

You did a lot of damage to the game.  Some examples of many:

When you eliminated blank prefix/suffix (for example, "No prefix of Minute Seeing +13) from the loot tables, you screwed over new players in a pretty big way.  Not just Rogues/Artificers (and splashes thereof), but other classes as well.

The changes to the ML of items and the supremely shitty "burden of I can't be bothered to figure out how the old loot was coded" are pretty revealing examples of your disregard for the environment.

You claimed to be passionate about your job, but the truth is that you were only passionate about the things that interested you and when details like compatibility with legacy systems prevented your special snowflake from working properly, you never took responsibility for it, and rather than change YOUR shit, you would break something else.

Until you admit and accept this, you'll continue to be a menace to anyone employing you.

SolarDawning wrote on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 11:40pm:
I love this thread. =D

I think it's kind of cool that people I never knew or interacted with care enough to, years after the fact, spew insane vitriol about me.

Well, you weren't good at your job, but you were very good at being super shitty to your customers and so, welcome to your legacy.

Just rest assured knowing that I popped in to say hi because I was given a heads-up about the existence of this thread, and it made my day.

If you had put this much effort into following up on your work at Turbine after it went live, we all might have had a different experience.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #27 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 9:06am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 8:41am:
You did a lot of damage to the game.  Some examples of many:

When you eliminated blank prefix/suffix (for example, "No prefix of Minute Seeing +13) from the loot tables, you screwed over new players in a pretty big way.  Not just Rogues/Artificers (and splashes thereof), but other classes as well.

The changes to the ML of items and the supremely shitty "burden of I can't be bothered to figure out how the old loot was coded" are pretty revealing examples of your disregard for the environment.

You claimed to be passionate about your job, but the truth is that you were only passionate about the things that interested you and when details like compatibility with legacy systems prevented your special snowflake from working properly, you never took responsibility for it, and rather than change YOUR shit, you would break something else.

Until you admit and accept this, you'll continue to be a menace to anyone employing you.

Well, you weren't good at your job, but you were very good at being super shitty to your customers and so, welcome to your legacy.

If you had put this much effort into following up on your work at Turbine after it went live, we all might have had a different experience.

this my friends is why you should never employ shitbag hipsters

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Seriously... not just for FoS himself, but don't hipsters know they are a big joke to everyone... do they not see how big of a douchebag they appear to everyone else?

Why would you choose to be this way on purpose?

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #29 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 11:24am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 11:12am:
Seriously... not just for FoS himself, but don't hipsters know they are a big joke to everyone... do they not see how big of a douchebag they appear to everyone else?

Why would you choose to be this way on purpose?

coz they dont have the half brain cell necessary to understand the most basic things

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 11:35am
Print Post  
OldCoaly nailed it.  These designs have had lasting negative effects on the game.  I mean you are gonna take some crap for that.

IP Logged

HiWelcome
Titan Demolisher

Hi Welcome

Reply #31 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 11:45am
Print Post  
You did a lot of damage to the game.

This.  So much this.   Sad

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Just rest assured knowing that I popped in to say hi because I was given a heads-up about the existence of this thread, and it made my day.

Say hi to Cuntovan, lover of trolls for us. By mismanaging the community he is doing almost as much damage to the game as you did.

Sorry you didn't like the work I did on Menace of the Underdark. If it's any consolation, I left Turbine a year ago, and I wasn't working on itemization for about six months before that (You've had about four different designers doing rewards since), so I'm glad to hear you think things have gotten better.

I don't give a shit about how you borked the loot, it is all the other content that you fucked up that is the problem. The quality of the content in the game took a sharp downturn when you started designing it and the damage remains and has propagated.

I think it's kind of cool that people I never knew or interacted with care enough to, years after the fact, spew insane vitriol about me.
It's funny to have crazy stalkers.

I don't give a flying fuck about you asshole, it is the game I care about. Stalkers? Your over-inflated ego wishes.

Please feel welcome to continue obsessing about me for a few more years.

Holy fuck, you are even more full of yourself than you appear. Your hipster douchebag ass does not matter one fucking bit to us. We obsess about a game that we love that you nearly destroyed, not you, you self-important dumbfuck.

... I've moved on to bigger and better things. =)

Keep telling yourself that.

Quote:
..our Flagship game, Firefall.

You mean "our only game, by a six year old company whose founders have all left". I see a pattern here.

Get over yourself you colossally stupid Turdbine elimination.

Sheesh.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:15pm by »  

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #33 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
You'll do well here.

IP Logged

FuckThisShit
Abbot Raider

Reply #34 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Say hi to Cuntovan, lover of trolls for us. By mismanaging the community he is doing almost as much damage to the game as you did.

I don't give a shit about how you borked the loot, it is all the other content that you fucked up that is the problem. The quality of the content in the game took a sharp downturn when you started designing it and the damage remains and has propagated.

I don't give a flying fuck about you asshole, it is the game I care about. Stalkers? Your over-inflated ego wishes.

Holy fuck, you are even more full of yourself than you appear. Your hipster douchebag ass does not matter one fucking bit to us. We obsess about a game that we love that you nearly destroyed, not you, you self-important dumbfuck.

Keep telling yourself that.

You mean "our only game, by a six year old company whose founders have all left". I see a pattern here.

Get over yourself you colossally stupid Turdbine elimination.

Sheesh.  Roll Eyes

#rekt

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #35 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
I think it's kind of cool that people I never knew or interacted with care enough to, years after the fact, spew insane vitriol about me. It's funny to have crazy stalkers.

Seriously David, we hardly even think about you.

Occasionally Flav brings up the "Ghostbaning" of loot and someone (it might have been you, in fact) mentioned you did Divine Crusader. I knew you came up with the Augment System (I liked both DC and the Augment System btw) but honestly, we don't really even think about you anymore.

So I will say good job on the Augment System and on Divine Crusader but that's all the amount of thought I am willing to put in about you.

We don't stalk you really. Someone has a brainfart about you, posts it, and you just come back to convince yourself you're being "stalked."

Please get over yourself. You're really not that important to us.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:47pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #36 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 6:50pm
Print Post  

Old COALY goes 4 for 4!  nailed it m'man.  nailed.  it.

and LOL @ stalking.  ego much?  if you want attention call your parents.  or spill some actual dirt about why you think Turbine was such a shitty place to work for.  besides being in a shit state full of massholes.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #37 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
I was given a heads-up about the existence of this thread, and it made my day.

so someone you know saw the phrase "hipster doofus pegged by fat ugly wench" and immediately thought "sounds like FOS!  I should let him know!"???

or does "hipster doofus" set off your google alert?

either way WINNING!
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2015 at 7:19pm by Yobai »  

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Enquirer-tier shit here. If you want to speculate about Tolero having a 'ladyboner' for me, knock yourselves out!

HAHA. sometimes you crack me up, I forgot about that.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
FuckThisShit wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 5:14am:
stinky batch of attention whore hipster jizz eating scum

I have never heard babies described this way. shockingly funny though.

IP Logged

Episkopos
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 8:35pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #41 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 10:08pm
Print Post  

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #42 - Feb 24th, 2015 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
I love this thread. =D

It's funny to have crazy stalkers. Reminds me of the time someone here said they wanted to rip out my intestines with a rusty fishhook because Mabar didn't have new items that year.

I'm actually serious. It's amusing to know that people will consume hours of their time thinking about what I consider to be the crappy work environment I got out of last year.

I don't really need to say anything of note: regardless of what is or isn't true, people are going to post some Enquirer-tier shit here. If you want to speculate about Tolero having a 'ladyboner' for me, knock yourselves out!

If you like, you may build a statue out of monkey excrement and sacrifice giraffes to it in my name.

*Fedora tipping intensifies*

Your douchey shit seriously fucked up this game.  You were told that BEFORE MOTU when you started on it, you were told that before you tossed your little hissy fit when QA stopped your plans to fuck up every single named item into being BTC and claiming it was a buff, you did get some through though. 

You fucked up crafting, you removed the only good shit you added for unknown reasons, and you were a try hard that needed a fucking babysitter that Turbine obviously couldn't afford.  Lucky for you, that you jumped shit a week before they fired half theif staff otherwise you'd have gone out with them as well.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #43 - Feb 25th, 2015 at 12:39pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #44 - Feb 25th, 2015 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Feb 24th, 2015 at 7:18pm:
so someone you know saw the phrase "hipster doofus pegged by fat ugly wench" and immediately thought "sounds like FOS!  I should let him know!"???

or does "hipster doofus" set off your google alert?

either way WINNING!

That's some high-level meta-trolling, right there.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 9:13pm
Print Post  

Any improvements in DDO are good ones, given the state the game and Turbine are at. It was the first game I worked on, and my first studio, so it'll always hold a soft spot in my heart, even long after I've moved on to bigger and better things. =)

On the one hand, Turdine is a shit company with shit for management and a shitty ability to plan any long term game mechanics. It's all flavor of the programmer this month. It no surprise that nothing WAI. I'm sure their was a shit sandwhich waiting for you when you started.

On the other hand, you did add a big bowl of shit dipped dingle-berries with your own shitty flavor to the loot tables. I can only guess at the total carnage you would have brought if no one had stopped at least some of the shit you were trying to push. 
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2015 at 9:14pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
I've been thinking about it. Developers and producers have come and gone. Things keep getting worse. Turbine is not listening to the players, it's like management is being fed a line of bull that everything is fine, everybody loves what has been happening.

I ask you, what has been the one constant through all the fuckups? Who is responsible for what the management thinks is happening? Who sweeps all the negative feedback under the rug and drives more and more players away from the game? Who is the sole intermediary between the players and those who control what actually happens to the game?

Cuntovan.

I think we have a root cause here.

Wasn't there a thread about how to get him fi... ? Wink

Feather is still a stupid hipster doofus though, and obviously a friend of the Cuntovany one. I would even venture that Cuntoface had a role to play in his promotion from support to designer.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2015 at 9:53pm by »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I've been thinking about it. Developers and producers have come and gone. Things keep getting worse. Turbine is not listening to the players, it's like management is being fed a line of bull that everything is fine, everybody loves what has been happening.

I ask you, what has been the one constant through all the fuckups? Who is responsible for what the management thinks is happening? Who sweeps all the negative feedback under the rug and drives more and more players away from the game? Who is the sole intermediary between the players and those who control what actually happens to the game?

Cuntovan.

Wasn't there a thread about how to get him fi... ? Wink

Feather is still a stupid hipster doofus though, and obviously a friend of the Cuntovany one. I would even venture that Cuntoface had a role to play in his promotion from support to designer.

I'm no fan of anyone part of this turd factory but its a tall order to put all the blame on one person. I mean, consider how often these fucklehamsters have fallen of the wheel.

If it was all corvedino or whatever his name is he would have to be the dumbest dumbfuck that ever fucked a dumb bag of fuck and then fell in it. I mean, it's a lot. Like, a lot a lot.

Honestly, I think it is just a terrible place to work on a failing game that has no real support so no one gives a jerry to what they do or if anything works. Its all resume padding to get the hell out and find a real job. 
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2015 at 10:12pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #48 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 12:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
Who is the sole intermediary between the players and those who control what actually happens to the game?

Cuntovan.

If this were the case, wouldn't the irony be incredible?

A guy from Minnesota plays and loves DDO so much he starts something called DDOCast. Eventually he is offered a job working with the game he loves so much. No sooner after he moves to Boston, he starts a long and painful journey during which HE winds up ruining the game he loved so much!

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

deftest
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 2:13am
Print Post  
i like how everyone seems to ignore what maj mal and others have said about turbines upper management

they hold the blame for the shit game that we have today

there were underlings that screwed shit up but they are the reason what could have been a great game with a ton of players is what it is now

they held the reins and they drove the game into shitburg and parked it there for years

what devs and community managers do are direct coralarys with what upper management decides

i realize rage needs a face to blame and tweedledee/dum are convienant targets but thier contribution to the shitfest we have now are minor compared to what the leadership did and still does

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint