Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) What the fuck is that angry mob? (Read 12941 times)
madman
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: What the fuck is that angry mob?
Reply #25 - Feb 26th, 2015 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Feb 26th, 2015 at 8:34pm:
Which is also backfiring on him.

So I now notice.  Lot's of posts while I was in game.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #26 - Feb 26th, 2015 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
True it is a bit weird, sort of like interpretative dance for posting, but he is not wrong! 

Madcookiequeen seems to be struggling with the fact that Ash isn't on the PC anymore and the day to day motherboards have moved on without her for the most part, not counting today's antics.

What she is doing here and there is pretty out there and really inconsistent with her past public claims, but hey, honestly? everyone likes to run off to the circus and play "pretend outlaw" now and then  Smiley. Seriously though Mad is not the only forumite who is struggling to come to terms with a perceived loss of stature or notoriety.  I guess the best advice any of us can try to follow is to remember that we all joined up to play a game and have fun doing it, that was our goal right? Because I am sure it wasn't because we thought 'hey I can build up a cult following on a game board and base my self worth on that!'.

She is not the only one struggling and she is not even the loudest.  Undecided

Hey Cordo.
I bet Mad is really bugging you on the other forums for you to show up here.

I bet you have your "banhammer" firmly grasped in your hand and are feverishly polishing it under the desk, looking for a chance to smack anyone who dares criticize your pet event?

Nice of you to show up and try to undermine Mad, but most of us know it's you - so it's pure entertainment for us.  Please share more of your wonderful insights with us.

Since it's too hard for your fragile ego to accept, I'll make it clear.
The PC has nothing to do with Mad's anger.

She's angry because you dip shits don't listen to your customer about stupid ideas. 
The Mimic event is stupid, the structure of the rewards are stupid and your amateurish attempts to monetize it are purely insulting for anyone with half a brain cell.
Good luck with your self-denial.
Can't wait to see how the QA review goes for the Bag Dep Box goes tonight......are you getting the janitor to do it?
There is no QA at DDO.  We know it's hard, you have to log into the game to test and most of you probably struggle to remember your passwords, let alone play DDO.

Maybe you guys should head back to something more manageable like LARP Pacman to take your minds off the failure of the Mimic Event 2015.

« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2015 at 10:39pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #27 - Feb 26th, 2015 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Zandos wrote on Feb 26th, 2015 at 5:11pm:
Anyone knows what the fuck is that new crap?

Annoying.

Images that large in a signature are simply impolite. Fortunately I can filter it, and everyone is using the same image URL so I only had to do it once. Really annoyed about the "hurf they only pushed out the Rogue changes thread just now to distract people" cause posts like this and this really shit up the thread, and I was really looking forward to the Rogue pass.

People are getting pissed off about something they'll forget about in a week. My rule is that if something is not worth literally strangling someone over, it's not worth getting angry about. And if some temporary festival is enough to make you add an unsightly image to your signature, you're probably better off playing some other, better game. There's more than a few, so stop your fucking crusade.

Anyone else excited for MnB: Bannerlord? I know I am.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2015 at 10:47pm by Sgtgig »  

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #28 - Feb 26th, 2015 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Sgtgig wrote on Feb 26th, 2015 at 10:44pm:
Really annoyed about the "hurf they only pushed out the Rogue changes thread just now to distract people" cause posts like this and this really shit up the thread

My rule is that if something is not worth literally strangling someone over, it's not worth getting angry about.

I see.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #29 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Feb 26th, 2015 at 11:48pm:
I see.

Annoyance and anger are two different things. They're not even on the same spectrum when you think about it.

IP Logged

danzig138
Korthos Resident

Meh

Reply #30 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Feb 26th, 2015 at 6:05pm:
So bag deposit box is "unavailable"

Because of a sudden, unexpected "bug". It's true, Cordovan told us so.

IP Logged

danzig138
Korthos Resident

Meh

Reply #31 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 1:03am
Print Post  
My rule is

Poorly considered, poorly expressed, and 100% bullshit.

IP Logged

ICU
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 2:10am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 26th, 2015 at 5:32pm:
They were warned that the mimic festival would not be popular and that the random rewards is stupid.

But the tin eared muppets at Turdbine did the usual arrogant middle finger to their customers.

Internally they probably think this is the BEST IDEA EVA!
And all that "noise" is just a minority of malcontents.
After all, the know what's best.
If you can't enjoy the game they want you to, then you're not worthy to be a customer.....

The next paper I write will be a case study on how NOT to run a business.
They have all the elements covered:
Marketing - none, or worse - Cordo's live streams.
QA - wut's that?
Customer Service - hahahahahahaha...
Professionalism - ??
Quality product - how to take a valuable IP and progressively destroy it.
Where to start?
I wonder if I could get interviews with the major playerz inside the Turdbine brain fart factory.

I see that someone is finally figuring out whats been going on over there for years and why i fucking wish them all to go on to having horrible careers for all the shit that they have been creating , and calling it a quality product . You Fucktards are seeing the light .

IP Logged

ICU
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Oh and fuck you Cookie cunt you are a fucking Palidumb for Cordovan AKA ASS Hat Jerry on the main forums Go Back to Being Jerrys ATM Bitch . FUCK YOU
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2015 at 2:14am by ICU »  

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 2:31am
Print Post  
I dunno guys, I can actually understand his posts. Is it because I might be approaching his level of intoxication?

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #35 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 2:51am
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 2:31am:
I dunno guys, I can actually understand his posts. Is it because I might be approaching his level of intoxication?

Hopefully.  If it’s the other option… well… I pity you.

« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2015 at 2:52am by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #36 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 3:16am
Print Post  
Here is a new one I made for Turdbin boards.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #37 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 7:23am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 26th, 2015 at 10:39pm:
The Mimic event is stupid, the structure of the rewards are stupid and your amateurish attempts to monetize it are purely insulting for anyone with half a brain cell.

That's some fucking good shit.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2015 at 7:23am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

MadCookieQueen
Korthos Resident

I'm gonna sing the doom
song....

Reply #38 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 8:00am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 26th, 2015 at 10:39pm:
Hey Cordo.
I bet Mad is really bugging you on the other forums for you to show up here.

I bet you have your "banhammer" firmly grasped in your hand and are feverishly polishing it under the desk, looking for a chance to smack anyone who dares criticize your pet event?

Nice of you to show up and try to undermine Mad, but most of us know it's you - so it's pure entertainment for us.  Please share more of your wonderful insights with us.

Since it's too hard for your fragile ego to accept, I'll make it clear.
The PC has nothing to do with Mad's anger.

She's angry because you dip shits don't listen to your customer about stupid ideas. 
Good luck with your self-denial.
Can't wait to see how the QA review goes for the Bag Dep Box goes tonight......are you getting the janitor to do it?
There is no QA at DDO.  We know it's hard, you have to log into the game to test and most of you probably struggle to remember your passwords, let alone play DDO.

Maybe you guys should head back to something more manageable like LARP Pacman to take your minds off the failure of the Mimic Event 2015.

I don't think you could be any more right if you tried ^^

The Mimic Event is a horrible idea in execution. Here's the issues that I am most angry about:

1. NO event should ever be forced on people to play. If you are a social gamer but do NOT want to see mimics...you're stuck going solo or not playing for two weeks.
2. That being said this event is a griefer's paradise...if you put on your LFM "no mimic spawns" who do you think is going to be the first person to join your party?
3. I lost my bag deposit box and then the expectation is for me to spend $3.00 on a bag to save inventory room? NO! People should not be stuck having to buy something for a limited use.
4. Again we weren't listened to on any of the feedback. We, players knew this was a bad thing...but here it is.
5. The prizes and randomness of cards is garbage...when you have an event people who want to participate want a goal, something to work towards...not hope and pray you get a random fucking item.
6. Rehash Mabar gear dominates the loot table...if you want us to have Mabar gear...fix Mabar!

How could they have done it?

1. Like any other event give it it's own area...use a challenge area and set a bunch of chest around and some monsters to fight...make it a goal to open as many chests and slay as many mimics as you can in like 10 minutes.
2. The card bag should have been free...end of story
3. Mote turn-ins should have allowed you to select the card you want (sliding scale of motes required for the card)...this way you can work towards a goal and get what you want...not hope and pray
4. The gear should not have been Mabar...they should of edited and tweaked last year's table...left a few things in and edited the rest...upgrade skill tomes to +5's or new ever lasting potions...new augments...you get the hint

That's it...right there...that's what has me angered and being part of the Angry Mob charge.

There is no ego here, this isn't about some kind of cult following or whatever the hell you think this is about.

this is about a shitty event and making it well known that it is a SHITTY event.

and now...the " Madcunt" posts to follow...bring it bitches!

Firestarter: 15 Bard/4 FvS/1 Fighter || War Dancer: 15 Bard/5 Ranger || Symphony of Metal: 15 Bard/3 Wizard/2 Fighter || Avatar of Eilistraee: 18 Bard/1 Cleric/1Fighter || Shadovar Infiltrator: 18 Wizard/1 Rogue/1 Fighter

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #39 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 9:03am
Print Post  
MadCookieQueen wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 8:00am:
I don't think you could be any more right if you tried ^^

Thanks.....I think.  You sound surprised.....    Huh
Undecided

MadCookieQueen wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 8:00am:
That's it...right there...that's what has me angered and being part of the Angry Mob charge.

There is no ego here, this isn't about some kind of cult following or whatever the hell you think this is about.

this is about a shitty event and making it well known that it is a SHITTY event.

Don't be too phased MCQ.
Cordo is just upset that you're stirring up the unwashed masses on the forums and making him work.
He thought he'd come here and try to undermine you with his sock account.

Just keep expressing your views and following the forum guidelines and it will drive him nuts.  He'll eventually make up a reason to infract/ban you because his limited brain cells simply won't be able to cope.

IP Logged

MadCookieQueen
Korthos Resident

I'm gonna sing the doom
song....

Reply #40 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 9:27am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 9:03am:
Thanks.....I think.  You sound surprised.....    Huh
Undecided

Not surprised...was very happy that someone understood what is going on here and it's always a good thing when you have someone stand with you ^^

Seriously thank you!

DropBear wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 9:03am:
Don't be too phased MCQ.
Cordo is just upset that you're stirring up the unwashed masses on the forums and making him work.
He thought he'd come here and try to undermine you with his sock account.

Just keep expressing your views and following the forum guidelines and it will drive him nuts.  He'll eventually make up a reason to infract/ban you because his limited brain cells simply won't be able to cope.

I welcome the challenge...I promised myself a grey goose martini (usually I do Svedka) if I make it through the event, without getting banned.

but if I get banned...oh well...I promise to go out with a bang!

Firestarter: 15 Bard/4 FvS/1 Fighter || War Dancer: 15 Bard/5 Ranger || Symphony of Metal: 15 Bard/3 Wizard/2 Fighter || Avatar of Eilistraee: 18 Bard/1 Cleric/1Fighter || Shadovar Infiltrator: 18 Wizard/1 Rogue/1 Fighter

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 9:43am
Print Post  
"the unwashed masses" - heh, thats the term i was looking for:)

the reason i wont join it however i can dislike the execution of event

IP Logged

HiWelcome
Titan Demolisher

Hi Welcome

Reply #42 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Turbine's tin ear for listening to their customer base (and PC) is truly an amazing thing to behold.  They continue to fail, and to fail, and then to fail some more....

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #43 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
New Item Now for Sale in the DDO Store! Back of Fucks

Item: Bag
Capacity: 0

Great new storage bag able to contain all the fucks we will ever give.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #44 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
HiWelcome wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 11:40am:
Turbine's tin ear for listening to their customer base (and PC) is truly an amazing thing to behold. 

after reading the posts on the shithole DDO forums it's hard to tell if all that hot air is from players voicing their complaints or from relieving the pent up frustration in their bowels.

maybe Turban just has its ear pressed up against the wrong hole?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #45 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
HiWelcome wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 11:40am:
Turbine's tin ear for listening to their customer base (and PC) is truly an amazing thing to behold.  They continue to fail, and to fail, and then to fail some more....

The underlying cause is simple and has been expressed by many including MajMal:
Hubris

Why would you listen to others when you know everything?
Why would you listen to others when they are inferior to you in every conceivable way?
Why would you take advice or listen to others when everything you do is frickin amazing?

Turdbine staff have a culture of thinking their shit smells like roses.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2015 at 5:16pm by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #46 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 5:15pm:
The underlying cause is simple and has been expressed by many including MajMal:
Hubris

Why would you listen to others when you know everything?
Why would you listen to others when they are inferior to you in every conceivable way?
Why would you take advice or listen to others when everything you do is frickin amazing?

Turdbine staff have a culture of thinking their shit smells like roses.

Listen you internet choad!  what did you ever do with YOUR life?!!

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #47 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 5:20pm:

Brings to mind that song from Twisted Sister - we're not gonna take it!

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #48 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 5:20pm:

Nicely done.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Zandos
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I guess the best advice any of us can try to follow is to remember that we all joined up to play a game and have fun doing it, that was our goal right?

No, people on vault want exploits, boobs, swearing and donuts. Not nessesarily in that orded.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint