Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fuck Turbine (Read 39074 times)
Sasha
Abbot Raider

Re: Fuck Turbine
Reply #100 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 10:26am
Print Post  
The funniest part about this kind of shit is that while players who spend thousands of dollars in the game and bring people they know to play it and eventually spend some money on it as well get banned, other players who have done nothing but harm to the game and exploit every single day will most likely never get caught.

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 10:26am:
The funniest part about this kind of shit is that while players who spend thousands of dollars in the game and bring people they know to play it and eventually spend some money on it as well get banned, other players who have done nothing but harm to the game and exploit every single day will most likely never get caught.

Yep. I'm not sure how they can work so hard against their own self interests. It's a case study in how to not run a business.   

A long time paying customer with 0 priors means nothing to these shitbrains. The whole company is rotten from the top to bottom. It really is a matter of time b4 the servers are just shutdown.

One of the greatest games ever run by one of the worst company ever.   

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #102 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 10:26am:

You know that is utter nonsense right? Tongue

Unless u referring to turbine. In that case you are 100% correct.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #103 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Why?

I know people who have done nothing but grief/troll/exploit/post thousands of duped shit in the AH in DDO and didn't drop one penny in the game, without talking to anyone or doing any quest, ever. Hell, I think we all know several of these people, I would be one of them but I've actually paid for VIP in the past.

Not saying it's not funny, but it's just ironic how said players don't get caught and others who spend a shit ton of money on DDO get perma banned.

IP Logged

anyname
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:35am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:57am:
Ok, perma ban on first time you got caught seems ridiculous, but did you or did you not participate in previous dupapalooza(s) without getting caught, or was your account otherwise squeaky clean?

What about you, Anyname?

I have been playing for nearly 7 years, first offense.  I did get in on the end of the end of the last dupapalooza the bulk of those items are all in tr banks on various mules. 

This is unconfirmed but I have been told that sev has found a way to track everything in and out of the bank/bag with a unique tag.  That means any item with the same tag then they know is duped.  They have also added a timer in the interaction with the bank making it so if you interact quickly with the bank, shared bank, or shared bag bank,  it tags your account for review.  I have seen these warnings you must wait before using the bank again.   

My guess is they review all accounts that interact to many times to quickly with the bank.  Then decided to make an example of those they caught doing it regardless of how or what they did.  My offence this time a few extra remnants, previously all the crafting stuff as I love the game but detest feeling forced to grind the same quest over and over, particularly when a game mechanic or lag makes so many of these quests unplayable.

Oh well guess they don't want any more money from me. 

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #105 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:45am
Print Post  
anyname wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:35am:
sev has found a way to track everything in and out of the bank/bag with a unique tag

My fucking god.

Seriously, if I worked at Turbine and my job included banning exploiters individually, I would be a fucking millionaire by now (by commission of course).

It would literally take 5 seconds to find an exploiter by just looking at his inventories and/or banks, how lazy/short on staff can they get? Or is it that the real amount of dupers is 50 times bigger than the amount they assume is the real one?
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:46am by Sasha »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:45am:
My fucking god.

Seriously, if I worked at Turbine and my job included banning exploiters individually, I would be a fucking millionaire by now (by commission of course).

It would literally take 5 seconds to find an exploiter by just looking at his inventories and/or banks, how lazy/short on staff can they get? Or is it that the real amount of dupers is 50 times bigger than the amount they assume is the real one?

Or they could just fix the game code so ppl cant do any dupeing.

Bah, who wants to do that! Keep up the good job turbine. Ban everyone that way no one is duping.

IP Logged

anyname
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:45am:
Or is it that the real amount of dupers is 50 times bigger than the amount they assume is the real one?

This is your key.   When you combine those that actively exploit every chance they get, to those who have done a little to keep up with the power curve, added to those who buy known duped items the number is massive. They do have a tracking method in place, but it can't tell who duped the item only that it was duped.

There was a thread up briefly on the other forums where someone claimed to have bought massive numbers of items off the AH and was banned for having them.  Sev responded briefly before deleting the thread.  In a nutshell  in their view it does not matter if you buy large numbers, make them, or have them given to you.  All of the above make you guilty of taking part in a violation.  That is why in his words they created the tracking method so when they found someone with more than what they feel is a reasonable amount of anything they can tell if that item has been duped.  If any of those items have been duped action will be taken. 

Previously that ment 2wk vacation and loss of items.  Now that appears to mean perma ban.

What this tells everyone.  Don't use AH, don't use shard exchange, don't trade,  if we suspect you we ban you.  Forget how much time you have spent playing, forget how many people you have brought into the game, forget how much money you have spent here, one and done.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2015 at 12:32pm by anyname »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
anyname wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 12:27pm:
This is your key.   When you combine those that actively exploit every chance they get, to those who have done a little to keep up with the power curve, added to those who buy known duped items the number is massive. They do have a tracking method in place, but it can't tell who duped the item only that it was duped.

There was a thread up briefly on the other forums where someone claimed to have bought massive numbers of items off the AH and was banned for having them.  Sev responded briefly before deleting the thread.  In a nutshell  in their view it does not matter if you buy large numbers, make them, or have them given to you.  All of the above make you guilty of taking part in a violation.  That is why in his words they created the tracking method so when they found someone with more than what they feel is a reasonable amount of anything they can tell if that item has been duped.  If any of those items have been duped action will be taken. 

Previously that ment 2wk vacation and loss of items.  Now that appears to mean perma ban.

What this tells everyone.  Don't use AH, don't use shard exchange, don't trade,  if we suspect you we ban you.  Forget how much time you have spent playing, forget how many people you have brought into the game, forget how much money you have spent here, one and done.

Yep. So if you have more of something than turbine thinks you should have its the ban hammer. Great idea.

The fact is everyone has the "taint" of duping. Everyone. It went on for so long and it was so widespread that it's almost impossible to sort it out. Millions of duped items are floating on the servers.   

If its their goal to drive the game into the ground it would be hard to do a better job.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2015 at 12:44pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #109 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
anyname wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:35am:
This is unconfirmed but I have been told that sev has found a way to track everything in and out of the bank/bag with a unique tag.  That means any item with the same tag then they know is duped.  They have also added a timer in the interaction with the bank making it so if you interact quickly with the bank, shared bank, or shared bag bank,  it tags your account for review.  I have seen these warnings you must wait before using the bank again.

Everybody's is fucking interracting too fast with the bank... All the players do it.
If they flag people based on that, all the fucking players that still logs from time to time and do more than pike in a corner will be flagged.
Even Mr Casual & Mrs Casual, that logs only for a fucking static group on Monday evening with friends for hte old PnP feel, will end up flagged as fucking dupers... When they have no  absolutely no clue what duping means and how it's fucking done.

I have that fucking message all the time, and I have it when I put stuff in the bank/shared box, I pull stuff out of bank/box or even worse... when I fucking click on the tabs to go to the one I want to Fucking reach ( usually the last one ).

( no I do not hate the fucking tabs... noooooo )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #110 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 5:12pm:
Ah rofl, so there ARE people with zillions card X IX running around now. Good riddance. Grin

If that is true and those people would like to trade some cards for less suspicious goods I could offer such a service on Thelanis.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #111 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
See now, the problem is, it IS very easy to legitimately obtain 10k stacks of various goods.

For example: the first time I earned enough House Cannith favor to gain access to their special vendor, it was such an unbelievably hellish experience that I immediately bought 25,000 Marks of House Cannith because I never wanted to fucking do that again.

I've also got multiple 10k stacks of lesser essences, all obtained 100% legitimately. Like practically every lesser essence I have at least 10k, and about 35k body essence because during the great ghostbaning of ghostbane that's all any decon ever yielded!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #112 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:39pm:
See now, the problem is, it IS very easy to legitimately obtain 10k stacks of various goods.

For example: the first time I earned enough House Cannith favor to gain access to their special vendor, it was such an unbelievably hellish experience that I immediately bought 25,000 Marks of House Cannith because I never wanted to fucking do that again.

I've also got multiple 10k stacks of lesser essences, all obtained 100% legitimately. Like practically every lesser essence I have at least 10k, and about 35k body essence because during the great ghostbaning of ghostbane that's all any decon ever yielded!

That's hilarious.  I did the *exact* same thing with House C.  "Holy Christ, fuck that."  clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick
clickclickclickclickclick

I think any decent crafter has tons of mats though.  I'll trade them for crafting shit for people (no charge... martyr for the cause), and I probably have upwards of 200k greaters, without duping.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

anyname
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 12:59pm:
Everybody's is fucking interracting too fast with the bank... All the players do it.
If they flag people based on that, all the fucking players that still logs from time to time and do more than pike in a corner will be flagged.
Even Mr Casual & Mrs Casual, that logs only for a fucking static group on Monday evening with friends for hte old PnP feel, will end up flagged as fucking dupers... When they have no  absolutely no clue what duping means and how it's fucking done.

I have that fucking message all the time, and I have it when I put stuff in the bank/shared box, I pull stuff out of bank/box or even worse... when I fucking click on the tabs to go to the one I want to Fucking reach ( usually the last one ).

( no I do not hate the fucking tabs... noooooo )

It is not a matter of getting the message that flaggs you it is a matter of how often in how long a period of time.  Get that ding a few minutes then go run a quest I would suspect you will be fine.  when that ding gets sent several times in a matter of a few minutes or seconds or if it is pinged constantly over a long period of time.  IE you are standing at the bank longer than they think is normal your account gets flagged for review. 

If you get flagged hope all your toons have nothing that has the dupe marker on it. 

Yes there are real methods of getting some items, there are many more in the list of ingredients and augments that can only be obtained in large numbers through duping or through buying duped items.

The problem is anytime these items mix, regardless of if a person gets the duped items off the ah, makes them, or trades for them, they are worthy of the same punishment.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:12pm by anyname »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #114 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
anyname wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:03pm:
It is not a matter of getting the message that flaggs you it is a matter of how often in how long a period of time.  Get that ding a few minutes then go run a quest I would suspect you will be fine.  when that ding gets sent several times in a matter of a few minutes or seconds or if it is pinged constantly over a long period of time.  IE you are standing at the bank longer than they think is normal your account gets flagged for review. 

But there's not even a duping method working right now!!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #115 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:02pm:
But there's not even a duping method working right now!!

Maybe they don't know that.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
The whole thing is dumb. Turbine is now going to tell us how often we can use the bank? Click too much and your account is reviewed? Too many matts and you may need a suspension? Players have to worried about clicking too fast or else? That is not a environment I want to be a part of. 

Hrmmmm, I wonder if any other MMO's have been here b4.... Oh yea, there was this little thing called SWG....

http://henryjenkins.org/2006/07/so_what_happened_to_star_wars.html

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #117 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:21am:
Why?

I know people who have done nothing but grief/troll/exploit/post thousands of duped shit in the AH in DDO and didn't drop one penny in the game, without talking to anyone or doing any quest, ever. Hell, I think we all know several of these people, I would be one of them but I've actually paid for VIP in the past.

Not saying it's not funny, but it's just ironic how said players don't get caught and others who spend a shit ton of money on DDO get perma banned.

To be able to access SH you have to be premium or vip, aka msut have spen money on this crap.

So at this point we'd be arguing about "who spent more".

Plat is not worth mentioning.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #118 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
anyname wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:03pm:

Ok, to say it another way :

I can't wait for the fucking tab to move on ( since Turbine has no clue what an Index is, in a database) .... so I just click repeatedly on the button and get several messages...
for 7/8 fucking panels... Trust me, it's beyond several time in a few minutes... And I'm not even counting the messages I get when I put stuff in it... Drag/Drop... Drag/Drop/Message... Retry Message.... retry message.... drop.... Drag/Drop... Message.
If I don't get it 10 times in a row when I interact with a bank it's because I'm not interacting with a bank... I'm just AFK ing in front of the fucking bank.
And yes AFKing at the ship bank is also something I regularly do.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

wogoflove
Korthos Resident

Stop Breathing......

Reply #119 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:01am:
Not an answer, but whatever.

My next question is how much you paid on average. IIRC you said you were VIP...any other purchases over the years? There is a strong theory around here that the high spender accounts get the blind eye treatment for any transgressions.

Lol Im VIP and I spend on average 50-100 per month on tp.... buying xp pots and slay pots and cakes and ottos boxes and tomes and augments. it gets quite expensive. im guessing in the 4-5 years of playing im confident I have spent prob around 5.5k in this game inc subscription.

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
wogoflove wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 6:33pm:
Lol Im VIP and I spend on average 50-100 per month on tp.... buying xp pots and slay pots and cakes and ottos boxes and tomes and augments. it gets quite expensive. im guessing in the 4-5 years of playing im confident I have spent prob around 5.5k in this game inc subscription.

Good fucking god. I though I spent too much.....

IP Logged

chuky
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
I believe they banned people with numerous amounts of mysterious remenants.  I probably would of been banned also but did not find out about the dupe till after dam it !! Fuck turbine and fuck u all for not spreading the word !! fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck .... oh wait I did n't get banned this time hahahhahaahahahhahhahahahahahhhahahaha !!!

FUCk YOU CARELESS DUPERS !!! HHHHAHAHAHAHAA.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #122 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:23pm:
The whole thing is dumb. Turbine is now going to tell us how often we can use the bank? Click too much and your account is reviewed? Too many matts and you may need a suspension? Players have to worried about clicking too fast or else? That is not a environment I want to be a part of. 

Hrmmmm, I wonder if any other MMO's have been here b4.... Oh yea, there was this little thing called SWG....

http://henryjenkins.org/2006/07/so_what_happened_to_star_wars.html

Interesting article.
Turdbine's SOP is straight from the SWG playbook.
Stupid muppets.

DnD has just as loyal a following as Star Wars (likely much smaller numbers), but loyal nonetheless.
If they engaged their audience rather than serving them what they think they want, it would make a big difference.

Apart from a few challenged people on the mother forums, most players would understand that not every want is possible or doable (and in fact many wants may be contrary to others - so someone loses out).  Seeing player ideas solicited, welcomed and implemented (and acknowledged) would be an absolute winner for community relations.
No way it will happen under the current Turdbine leadership or the ego of Superintendent Sev.

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #123 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Fuck Turbine

Instructions unclear. Got dick stuck in fan. Wink

But seriously, the original Turbine crew was fine. It is these noobs that have no fucking clue.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #124 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
wogoflove wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 6:33pm:

You my friend are what Turdbine refer to as a "whale".
You are very much their target demographic in the waning player population.

I guess if this is your hobby and it makes you happy, so be it.
At one stage, I spent money on the game for the above reasons, but I have stopped now.

The problem with relying primarily on whales is that whilst they spend a lot of money, their expectations come with it, and sooner or later you're going to do something to upset them and they will be doubly jaded because of their investment.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint