Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fuck Turbine (Read 39023 times)
yabber
Ex Member

Re: Fuck Turbine
Reply #125 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 10:26am:

You realise the gif in your signature is 11.3 fucking megabytes! I love a nice ass as much as the next person, but really, an 11.3MB gif in your signature? That's an asshole move.  Smiley

IP Logged

wogoflove
Korthos Resident

Stop Breathing......

Reply #126 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:03am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 8:01pm:
You my friend are what Turdbine refer to as a "whale".
You are very much their target demographic in the waning player population.

I guess if this is your hobby and it makes you happy, so be it.
At one stage, I spent money on the game for the above reasons, but I have stopped now.

The problem with relying primarily on whales is that whilst they spend a lot of money, their expectations come with it, and sooner or later you're going to do something to upset them and they will be doubly jaded because of their investment.

Yeah well you know, you do these things until your eyes are opened up  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

ICU
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #127 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 10:26am:
The funniest part about this kind of shit is that while players who spend thousands of dollars in the game and bring people they know to play it and eventually spend some money on it as well get banned, other players who have done nothing but harm to the game and exploit every single day will most likely never get caught.

This is way to true . Sold 2 account's for total of $ 1300.00 Us . And i i fell good about it . In 6 years time past spent on this game i have spent maybe $600.00 total at best . And that was on VIP wich is crap at best.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #128 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:28am
Print Post  
ICU wrote on Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:25am:
This is way to true . Sold 2 account's for total of $ 1300.00 Us . And i i fell good about it . In 6 years time past spent on this game i have spent maybe $600.00 total at best . And that was on VIP wich is crap at best.

When did you sell them, on ebay?

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #129 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Sold 2 account's for total of $ 1300.00 Us .

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #130 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
1300 cents maybe .....

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #131 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
anyname wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:03pm:
It is not a matter of getting the message that flaggs you it is a matter of how often in how long a period of time.  Get that ding a few minutes then go run a quest I would suspect you will be fine.  when that ding gets sent several times in a matter of a few minutes or seconds or if it is pinged constantly over a long period of time.  IE you are standing at the bank longer than they think is normal your account gets flagged for review.

You didn't get it...
I get the message for each and very fucking tab I need to browse when I care to open the bank.... I also get it each and very time I'm moving items from inventory to bank or from bank to inventory... because I do it too fast for the timer they added... So when I fucking dump pages ( usually something like two ) in my shared bank that's 40ish time the message...
Then I relog to another toon and pull out all the stuff and get the message again 40ish time... Then I go deconstructing... a few minutes later I come back and dump all the cannith shit in the box... 20ish more messages... then I check stacks at the end.. move 9 tabs... ( 9 more messages ) Close bank, relog to initial toon and go questing...

That's something like more than 100 messages in a matter of minutes... don't tell me it's not fucking enough to raise a red flag.
I stand by what I said : Everybody will eventually be flagged with shit  script like that.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2015 at 12:06pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #132 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
anyname wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:03pm:
It is not a matter of getting the message that flaggs you it is a matter of how often in how long a period of time.  Get that ding a few minutes then go run a quest I would suspect you will be fine.  when that ding gets sent several times in a matter of a few minutes or seconds or if it is pinged constantly over a long period of time.  IE you are standing at the bank longer than they think is normal your account gets flagged for review. 

If you get flagged hope all your toons have nothing that has the dupe marker on it. 

Yes there are real methods of getting some items, there are many more in the list of ingredients and augments that can only be obtained in large numbers through duping or through buying duped items.

The problem is anytime these items mix, regardless of if a person gets the duped items off the ah, makes them, or trades for them, they are worthy of the same punishment.

That won't be the flag - as Flav suggests, it would create too many flags from normal activity and swamp them with false positives.

They have finite resources.
It is likely to be a series of DC/RC in a short period of time.  Also, character objects with the same ID's too.  That's the most obvious one.
You get a flag, a GM takes a look.
Anything suspicious, you get 14 days so they can investigate.
When they investigate, if it looks extensive you get Permaban (because they can't clean up whole accounts in an efficient manner).

It's called a zero tolerance policy and for a game at this stage of it's lifecycle, combined with the fact that the exploits require no hacking, it's simply stupid.

There is no justification for it, except it makes Sev look "hardline" and in charge.  Good job Sev.  How'd that work out for you on AC?

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #133 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:47pm
Print Post  

Viktor Vaughn wrote on Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:28am:
When did you sell them, on ebay?

Don't expect him to answer man, he is a liar. He won't say where because it would be easy to check and then it would expose he is a liar.

ICU is such a Fucktard.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:48pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #134 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Thats why I asked, because I cant believe someone would buy ddo account.

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #135 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Why the fuck do people believe what Bambibeer says?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #136 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Sasha wrote on Mar 7th, 2015 at 8:08pm:
Why the fuck do people believe it's what Bambibeer when they can actually understand the post says?

Clearly, someone familiar with DDO wandered by Bami/ICU's laptop while he was passed out.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #137 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 3:15am
Print Post  
wogoflove wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 6:33pm:
I have spent prob around 5.5k in this game inc subscription

You've earned this.

IP Logged

chuky
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Ya in a different thread ICU said he sold one for 1234.00 .. Next post was someone else trying to sell a 3 or 4 year old account for 100.00 lol and I don't think it sold.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint