Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fuck Turbine (Read 39017 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Fuck Turbine
Reply #25 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
I know exactly how you feel, but trust me, it is a system and it can be gamed.

Its counter-intuitive, but let me explain the secret: customer support people have a lot of room to "fudge" things and to make little corrections that may not strictly be "by the books", but they can do it, and if no one notices, or if they just verbally clear it with a supervisor, it's fine.

The trick is to make them want to help you.

If you swear at them, yell at them, generally get angry, then they will handle your case 100% by the books, every single I dotted, T cross, and pint and quart minded, because, much like Peter from The Office, their primary motivation in life is not to get hounded by their boss.

Meanwhile, if you're nice, polite, and come across as a little clueless, you can actually get the support rep to WANT to help you.

And that's when you get actual help.

I'm not saying this system isn't broken as fuck, I'm just saying this is the trick to getting your way.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #26 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 6:43pm:
I don't think I'm capable of making a sentence short of 2 fucks and one dumb shit those fucking fuckknuckles....

Yeah, maybe calm down a bit before calling.   Grin

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #27 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 6:53pm:

Its counter-intuitive, but let me explain the secret: customer support people have a lot of room to "fudge" things and to make little corrections that may not strictly be "by the books", but they can do it, and if no one notices, or if they just verbally clear it with a supervisor, it's fine.

If you swear at them, yell at them, generally get angry, then they will handle your case 100% by the books, every single I dotted, T cross, and pint and quart minded, because, much like Peter from The Office, their primary motivation in life is not to get hounded by their boss.

Meanwhile, if you're nice, polite, and come across as a little clueless, you can actually get the support rep to WANT to help you.

I'm not saying this system isn't broken as fuck, I'm just saying this is the trick to getting your way.

Same as with police. Cheesy

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
yep, making clueless polite guy works most of time:)

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 7:05pm
Print Post  

Yes, TY. I have dealt with more customer service problems than I would like to in my years. I did call Account Support. Only took about 20-25 mins to get a person on the phone. I was told, not that I 100% believe this, that all he could see was my account was locked and nothing else. No details and their was nothing his department could do. The only answer he had was to file an appeal claim or whatever it was called and a senior GM would review it, someday.

To his credit he did stay on the phone and walk me through the form and he did not sound like a fuckturdtard. Credit where credit is due.

Whoever you were on the phone with me I don't hate you, just everyone else in that turd box for a company.

IP Logged

kmack
Shroud Slacker

Reply #30 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 7:55pm
Print Post  

Started in customer care and can affirm this, in my experience, is true.

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
I don't think it will matter. I'm not anyone's favored pet, Just a long time PAYING customer that will not be paying anymore.

Good news though, I just saved $12 a month on my canx sub and what, 8-9 gigs on a hard drive?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #32 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 8:07pm:
Good news though, I just saved $12 a month on my canx sub and what, 8-9 gigs on a hard drive?

I don't know which is worth less

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 1:28am
Print Post  
I've heard so can't personally confirm that they look at appeals usually near the last few days of the ban. So if anything you might get back 1 day early or they might get back to you after the ban is lifted.

IP Logged

Shadehater

Smite Stupid!

Reply #34 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 1:38am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 5:53pm:
Any idea how you actually got caught? Many in these parts have done much without raising suspicion.

They are tracking remnant rate of acquirement  Part of why they were introduced in the first place.  They finally wised up and made something they can actually track. 

That's just my educated guess though take it as you will.  I could be wrong.  I guess it will be more likely that I'm right if and when they start closing the farm locations.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #35 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 2:29am
Print Post  
My question is, how long ago did you do it? The duping I mean?

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #36 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 4:56am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 1:28am:
I've heard so can't personally confirm that they look at appeals usually near the last few days of the ban. So if anything you might get back 1 day early or they might get back to you after the ban is lifted.

But only after they have let the half trained monkey cleanse your account, so they can say "oops sorry, can't replace all those non-dupable items"

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #37 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Exploit wisely, exploit well.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #38 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 5:37am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 5:10am:
Exploit wisely, exploit well.

From what I am hearing, we might be past that.
They might actually be getting their shit together.

The irony is, the focus is back on catching exploiters who only exploit their fuck ups.
Case in point.  The latest Bag Dep Box screwup was not an exploit.  There was absolutely no fiddling with the client or connection to achieve it.  You simply did what you are supposed to do except it didn't look like it was working.  And with the brilliant tabs idea, who scrolls across to tab 22 every time you drop stuff in (with the appropriate pause between clicks) to check everything?

So how do they see the players at fault there?

If they did their job competently and tested shit, then the exploits would be minimal and they wouldn't need to spend time engineering tracers.

But I guess they realise their own incompetence, so why bother producing decent code when they can just chase exploiters until all their playerbase is gone except for the sad sycophants.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2015 at 5:37am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 7:35am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 5:37am:
From what I am hearing, we might be past that.
They might actually be getting their shit together.

The irony is, the focus is back on catching exploiters who only exploit their fuck ups.
Case in point.  The latest Bag Dep Box screwup was not an exploit.  There was absolutely no fiddling with the client or connection to achieve it.  You simply did what you are supposed to do except it didn't look like it was working.  And with the brilliant tabs idea, who scrolls across to tab 22 every time you drop stuff in (with the appropriate pause between clicks) to check everything?

So how do they see the players at fault there?

If they did their job competently and tested shit, then the exploits would be minimal and they wouldn't need to spend time engineering tracers.

But I guess they realise their own incompetence, so why bother producing decent code when they can just chase exploiters until all their playerbase is gone except for the sad sycophants.

Exactly. I used their shitty product the way it was suppose to be use and now because of their incompetence my inventory will deleted. That is what I'm most pissed about. I don't give a honey badger shit about a "suspension." That is a fucking joke. Time out for bad behavior. Fuck them. I am not going to pay them money to be treated like this.

All these ass clown are going to do is drive paying customers away for their fuck ups. I hope they can run a game populated by 12 year old kids that are F2P. Oh w8, I don't, fuck this sinking ship.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #40 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Augment trick has been closed too.
Undecided

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 8:48am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 8:41am:
Augment trick has been closed too.
Undecided

Yes, I'm not sure I would call that an exploit either though. If you want 500 augs of something you will have to burn 500 kits. Not exactly something for nothing....

IP Logged

that_arrow_guy
Waterworks Kobold

nothing to see here, move
along

Reply #42 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
i got nailed for 14 days as well Cheesy

I have too many toons

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #43 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Feb 27th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
14 day for exploit. Fuck those assholes. Those idiots turn the bank into a doubling machine that you can't fucking avoid and then its ban time. Fuck them. 4 years paid sub 0 prior infraction and this is what I get. I'm sure all my inventory's will be wiped out too. No wonder DDo is a dead game. Damn muppets ran anyone with money to pay or a idea in their head away.

Fuck you, little dirty exploiter!!  Cheesy
rofl

IP Logged

Spector
Korthos Resident

Everybody dies.

Reply #44 - Feb 28th, 2015 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Meh. Just bring back easy duping.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #45 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 4:43am
Print Post  
that_arrow_guy wrote on Feb 28th, 2015 at 12:15pm:
i got nailed for 14 days as well Cheesy

Shocked

Details!

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

that_arrow_guy
Waterworks Kobold

nothing to see here, move
along

Reply #46 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
nothing to say. main account was booted and got an email saying a GM decided i was using an in game exploit...

let see how bad they rape that account.. if they are purging all my toons, it will take a week Grin

I have too many toons

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
that_arrow_guy wrote on Mar 1st, 2015 at 12:06pm:
nothing to say. main account was booted and got an email saying a GM decided i was using an in game exploit...

let see how bad they rape that account.. if they are purging all my toons, it will take a week Grin

hahahh. Yep.

I think I had 26-27 toons on my account. 7-8 were played the rest were mules. Mules that were bursting form all the junk I never threw away. Good luck Turdfucks, good luck. I'm sure they will delete everything but if some one has to go through and manually look at all that junk well, they are losing money in that project.

Hrmm, I wonder why there were so many layoffs and why everything now is recycled content.....
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2015 at 2:47pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #48 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Easiest way not to get banned is stop playing.

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #49 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Mar 1st, 2015 at 2:46pm:
hahahh. Yep.

I think I had 26-27 toons on my account. 7-8 were played the rest were mules. Mules that were bursting form all the junk I never threw away. Good luck Turdfucks, good luck. I'm sure they will delete everything but if some one has to go through and manually look at all that junk well, they are losing money in that project.

Hrmm, I wonder why there were so many layoffs and why everything now is recycled content.....

Vendui says they have account cleansing scripted now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint