Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fuck Turbine (Read 39057 times)
Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Fuck Turbine
Reply #75 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 5:08pm:
Umm are the op and the other guys talking about depo dupe, or another new one I was left out of? Embarrassed Shocked Huh

If so, what was the trick? And come on, no risk in telling, they prolly reintroduce it in 4-5 months and by that time we will forget hehe. Roll Eyes

The hot fix that fixed Vangaurds broke bank. It has been fixed. It should be covered somewhere in this thread.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #76 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 5:10pm:
The hot fix that fixed Vangaurds broke bank. It has been fixed. It should be covered somewhere in this thread.

Ah rofl, so there ARE people with zillions card X IX running around now. Good riddance. Grin

I also think they have some crappy tracer in, I doubt the new awesome lag is result of the mythic items or just a snow storm bonus. Prolly they figured: trade quality for catching 50% of the 10% of the dupers now. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2015 at 5:14pm by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

anyname
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:50pm:
Yet again Turdine shows it's shit smear. They have be running out of ppl who are paying them. Login's are way down, they have little to no marketing to get new ppl in, and if your a vet they don't want your cash. How is this game still running? 

I'm not sure.  Since I got my message I have found out about 10 other VIP accounts on the server I generally play alone that have taken perma ban hammers, and several others that have uninstalled just because they are pissed at the situation. 
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2015 at 5:16pm by anyname »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #78 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Same here, Im taking a break from ddo.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #79 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
anyname wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:43pm:
yep same here 2 week vacation became perma ban today

Display Name wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 1:51pm:
So, My 14 day suspension that was not to be lifted until 13 Mar has now been turned into a perma ban! Those gawd damn muppets finally took my advice!  Roll Eyes 

Any idea why your ban got converted to permanent guys?
Was it because of your agitation on these forums or because they reviewed your account and decided it was too hard to clean them out?

Given the circumstances, that is pretty poor behaviour.
I wonder how many genuinely innocent players (sorry guys, not you) got caught up in this?  Maybe a few Paladins accidentally duped - that would be ironic.

Turdbine shoots itself in the foot again.  Sev is going hard after the exploiters it would seem.  Interesting but futile strategy when the exploits all come from their shitty work and lack of QA.

I guess it's hard to admit to mgmt and oneself that you're incompetent; so much easier to blame others as being the problem.

Once they run off all the players, DDO will be the best game around - no lag and a happy community (of 5 devs).....

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #80 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
YOu think ddo will have no lag?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #81 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:18pm:

With 5 people playing on a LAN server?

...yeah, still lag. But, hey, no sploiters!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #82 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:18pm:

I'm an optimist.
I figured a server running for the 5 remaining devs might be able to handle the lag. 
I figured:
1. they likely only can handle Casual difficulty so no worries about red alert.
2. crafting - i doubt they could find the crafting hall, let alone figure it out.
3. the only quest they would likely play would be Fresco coz they all luv mimics (they're hilarious, just ask them!) and it is an old quest and doesn't have the instance instability problems of the current crop of buggy quests.

Maybe I'm going soft in twilight years. Undecided

IP Logged

anyname
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 6:45pm:
Was it because of your agitation on these forums or because they reviewed your account and decided it was too hard to clean them out?

Today is the first time I posted in any forum, didn't respond to the 2 week vacation just waited it out figured I would wait and see what how much they took.  Created a new account to screw around on until my other one got out of time out..

Today I had an email from turdbin saying my 2 week vacation was now a perma ban.  No other explanation.  I sent in a ticket protesting the perma ban so far I haven't heard anything.  I'll let you all know what bs they feed me if they actually do respond

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 6:45pm:

Given the circumstances, that is pretty poor behaviour.
I wonder how many genuinely innocent players (sorry guys, not you) got caught up in this?  Maybe a few Paladins accidentally duped - that would be ironic.

Turdbine shoots itself in the foot again.  Sev is going hard after the exploiters it would seem.  Interesting but futile strategy when the exploits all come from their shitty work and lack of QA.

I guess it's hard to admit to mgmt and oneself that you're incompetent; so much easier to blame others as being the problem.

Once they run off all the players, DDO will be the best game around - no lag and a happy community (of 5 devs).....

I sent in a appeal to the original 14 day.  Turbines response was no mitigation warranted. I posted my response to their response earlier in the thread. Today I had a notice that I was perma banned. I thought it was Turbine thin skinned reaction to my telling them what I really thought of them but if other ppl are getting the same treatment its probably some dumb ass "Extreme Predigest policy". Who knows.

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
anyname wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:44pm:
Today is the first time I posted in any forum, didn't respond to the 2 week vacation just waited it out figured I would wait and see what how much they took.  Created a new account to screw around on until my other one got out of time out..

Today I had an email from turdbin saying my 2 week vacation was now a perma ban.  No other explanation.  I sent in a ticket protesting the perma ban so far I haven't heard anything.  I'll let you all know what bs they feed me if they actually do respond

I put my appeal in Friday afternoon and got a response on Sat night.

I would like to note: The ppl placing the suspensions/Bans are the GM's and the ppl who review the appeals are senior GM's..... I just lolz when I heard that.

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 12:00am
Print Post  
This should clear it all up.....

Original
Your Dungeons & Dragons Online account has been suspended as a result of a  confirmed Player Code of Conduct violation.

This suspension is for 14 days .

Specifically, a Game Master determined that you used an exploit within the game.

New
Your  account has been suspended as a result of a  confirmed Player Code of Conduct violation.

This suspension is Permanent.

Specifically, a Game Master determined that you used an item exploit.

IP Logged

DropBear

Reply #87 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:10am
Print Post  
Yeah, makes perfect sense.
An exploit is 14 days, but an item exploit (subset) is really, really bad and worth a permanent ban.
These guys have no middle ground.  It's straight to ban and account cleanse.
I would venture that your accounts were too hard to clean with the resources they have, so the lazy arseholes just said Perma ban.

And having GM's review it is a great idea, because the $10/hr GM's give a shit whether they lose a customer.....

What bothers me is they see Anyone who transgresses as a dirty exploiter and go straight for Extreme Prejudice.
No warnings.

I would suggest they try something called escalation.
1. It has been determined that your activities are contrary to the code of conduct. This is your first and final warning, that any further violations of this sort will result in an account suspension.  Your account will be monitored for a period of time.
2. It has been determined that your activities continue to be contrary to the code of conduct despite an earlier earning.  This behaviour is disruptive to the game and we find this continued behaviour disappointing.   Your account will receive a ban of (7-28) days depending on the severity.  A GM will review your activities and determine whether any corrections are required to remove any advantage you obtained.
There will be no further warnings.  Your next infringement will result in a permanent ban on this and any related accounts.
Please take the time out of game to consider your actions and choices and we hope to see you back in game soon.

That is called a proportional response with escalation and acts as a deterrent by giving people a warning hoping to dissuade them from breaking the rules.
It does not immediately alienate customers who perhaps made a mistake in judgment (most of us know the consequences and accept them, but there are a lot of dabblers who don't realise the severity of the consequences).
It's just lazy stupid customer service.
I understand they need to protect the game, but they also need to try and keep players and steer them back in the right direction.

Bah. MJust wasting my words, as these muppets are too arrogant to heed any advice.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #88 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 12:00am:
This should clear it all up.....

Original
Your Dungeons & Dragons Online account has been suspended as a result of a  confirmed Player Code of Conduct violation.

This suspension is for 14 days .

Specifically, a Game Master determined that you used an exploit within the game.

New
Your  account has been suspended as a result of a  confirmed Player Code of Conduct violation.

This suspension is Permanent.

Specifically, a Game Master determined that you used an item exploit.

Sounds like they are for different things. Maybe they looked at your inventory and decided to double down?

If this treatment is going across the board, I'm going to be losing some guildies.  Cry

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #89 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:35am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:10am:
An exploit is 14 days, but an item exploit (subset) is really, really bad and worth a permanent ban.
I would venture that your accounts were too hard to clean with the resources they have, so the lazy arseholes just said Perma ban.

And having GM's review it is a great idea, because the $10/hr GM's give a shit whether they lose a customer.....

What bothers me is they see Anyone who transgresses as a dirty exploiter and go straight for Extreme Prejudice.
No warnings.

1. It has been determined that your activities are contrary to the code of conduct. This is your first and final warning, that any further violations of this sort will result in an account suspension.  Your account will be monitored for a period of time.
2. It has been determined that your activities continue to be contrary to the code of conduct despite an earlier earning.  This behaviour is disruptive to the game and we find this continued behaviour disappointing.   Your account will receive a ban of (7-28) days depending on the severity.  A GM will review your activities and determine whether any corrections are required to remove any advantage you obtained.
There will be no further warnings.  Your next infringement will result in a permanent ban on this and any related accounts.
Please take the time out of game to consider your actions and choices and we hope to see you back in game soon.

That is called a proportional response with escalation and acts as a deterrent by giving people a warning hoping to dissuade them from breaking the rules.
It does not immediately alienate customers who perhaps made a mistake in judgment (most of us know the consequences and accept them, but there are a lot of dabblers who don't realise the severity of the consequences).
I understand they need to protect the game, but they also need to try and keep players and steer them back in the right direction.

Bah. MJust wasting my words, as these muppets are too arrogant to heed any advice.

Was this your first offense/ban, Display?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:36am
Print Post  

No warnings.

Oh I know. I know. I tried to tell them. All it got me was a perma ban. Not that it matters, I was not coming back to that shit hole company and ask for more shitty treatment. If they really wanted to protect the game they should fix the damn thing first.

What I don't get is why they had to look at it twice? It really makes no sense and that of it's self is all explanation needed I suppose. Probably lazy. One guy looked at one thing and issued a suspension. When it came time to "cleanse" the next person said "fuck that, their is way too much garbage on this account to go through. Perma Ban fixes it faster."

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:41am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:35am:
Was this your first offense/ban, Display?

4 years active paying customer and this is my first/last offensive.

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:50am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:33am:
Sounds like they are for different things. Maybe they looked at your inventory and decided to double down?

If this treatment is going across the board, I'm going to be losing some guildies.  Cry

Maybe. Who knows. Banned while under a suspension... I wonder if that is some kind of record?

I'm looking for a new home to waste my time now. I have a felling some guildies my follow.

And that really is the death spiral. Boot a F2P player that has been around for 4 weeks and its not a huge loss? When they drive away a pay account that has years invested some friends decide to go too.   

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #93 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:57am
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:41am:
4 years active paying customer and this is my first/last offensive.

Ok, perma ban on first time you got caught seems ridiculous, but did you or did you not participate in previous dupapalooza(s) without getting caught, or was your account otherwise squeaky clean?

What about you, Anyname?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:16am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:57am:
Ok, perma ban on first time you got caught seems ridiculous, but did you or did you not participate in previous dupapalooza(s) without getting caught, or was your account otherwise squeaky clean?

What about you, Anyname?

I never got caught for duping and you don't need to dupe to have stacks and stacks and stacks of all kinds of matts but we all know that.

I did end up with a lot of random stuff when the bank was duping this last time under normal use. See, at first I did not notice what was going on, then I thought it was just being laggy. If you dragged your bag over 3-4 times rapidly it would empty out. That is how I noticed something was amiss. My bag did not empty but I had a tab increase in the shared. Of course by that time I have STACKS of duped shit.

After tabbing through 17 laggy pages I found the thousands of scales and whatnots stacked up. It was a total  Shocked
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:24am by Display Name »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #95 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:01am
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:16am:
I never got caught for duping and you don't need to dupe to have stacks and stacks and stacks of all kinds of matts but we all know that.

Not an answer, but whatever.

My next question is how much you paid on average. IIRC you said you were VIP...any other purchases over the years? There is a strong theory around here that the high spender accounts get the blind eye treatment for any transgressions.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #96 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:02am
Print Post  

No, they took this advice  Wink

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #97 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 8:00am
Print Post  
Turbine gonna lose a lot of players with this shit they are doing.
They are killing the flies on a dead horse.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Display Name
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 9:53am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:01am:
Not an answer, but whatever.

My next question is how much you paid on average. IIRC you said you were VIP...any other purchases over the years? There is a strong theory around here that the high spender accounts get the blind eye treatment for any transgressions.

It is an answer, just not the one you wanted.

Not sure. 4 1/2 years sub, all the pre order collector expansions.... Maybe 1500 on the low side 2000 on the high side over my accounts life.

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #99 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Damn.
How do you feel now?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint