Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Only one +5 tome from the mimic hunt? (Read 9596 times)
string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Only one +5 tome from the mimic hunt?
Mar 1st, 2015 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
DDO wiki says the +5 tomes were only one per sever and account. Just got my first one (BTCoA) and would like to now if I can turn the mimics of now or should bother some more. Has anybody some info about possibilities to get more tomes?
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2015 at 4:19pm by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Only one +5 tome from the mimic hunt?
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Mar 1st, 2015 at 4:18pm:
DDO wiki says the +5 tomes were only one per sever and account. Just got my first one (BTCoA) and would like to now if I can turn the mimics of now or should bother some more. Has anybody some info about possibilities to get more tomes?

You answer is located in the lurker free zone. rodrak's post

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 12:23am
Print Post  
If I remember correctly, they were 1 per toon. I know I got 1 for each of my toons last mabar.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Any type of tr most likely allows u more toming.

A more interesting question is: are card 9 and 10 as rare as the other card event 9, 10 cards, or better overall?
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2015 at 1:24am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 2:15am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 1:23am:

A more interesting question is: are card 9 and 10 as rare as the other card event 9, 10 cards, or better overall?

Who's going to buy a fucking card bag to find out? Or does that shit fit in the ing. tab?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 3:02am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 1:23am:

Out of about 2K motes (200 cards), I pulled one IX and one X.  1-8 seem to be roughly uniform.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #6 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 3:12am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 3:02am:
Out of about 2K motes (200 cards), I pulled one IX and one X.  1-8 seem to be roughly uniform. 

1-8 are probably the same chance because no-one really cares.
9 & 10 are rarer because of their association with the tome.
Too bad if you want a lvl 24 item....
They need to disentangle the Mabar gear from the tome cards.

1% drop rate seems to be what people are seeing overall.
Some are doing much better getting 1 in 30 (twice) - that means some poor bastard isn't.....
Undecided

2000 mimics is a lot of grind for one +5 tome....

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #7 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:12am
Print Post  
Easier and faster to earn 100 as and buy 5 upg tome.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #8 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 7:15am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 2:15am:
Who's going to buy a fucking card bag to find out? Or does that shit fit in the ing. tab?

Yes and yes. Even tho the first "yes" makes no sense. Roll Eyes

The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Who even needs a +5 tome any more?

Lol, you all should have bought a set of +5 tomes and duped them when you had the chance.  No grinding, just a little dc magic and every toon is magically delicious.  Grin

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #10 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 3:23am
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:49pm:
Who even needs a +5 tome any more?

Lol, you all should have bought a set of +5 tomes and duped them when you had the chance.  No grinding, just a little dc magic and every toon is magically delicious.  Grin

And paid Turdbin money? No way. Tongue

Wow.

IP Logged

Orange Flash
Waterworks Kobold

Can you get the citation?

Reply #11 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 3:27am
Print Post  
there were a chance to dupe tomes? shit i must have miss a lot of things

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 3:56am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 3:12am:
1-8 are probably the same chance because no-one really cares.
9 & 10 are rarer because of their association with the tome.
Too bad if you want a lvl 24 item....
They need to disentangle the Mabar gear from the tome cards.

1% drop rate seems to be what people are seeing overall.
Some are doing much better getting 1 in 30 (twice) - that means some poor bastard isn't.....
Undecided

2000 mimics is a lot of grind for one +5 tome....

Someone in channel said they farmed all day for 14K motes and got completely skunked  Sad

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 4:02am
Print Post  
With +5 upgrade tomes going for ~500-1000 AS on khyber ASAH, it's probably worse to do the trade ins for cards IX and X when you can just sell the motes. 

Of course +5 upgrades aren't always available on the ASAH, but still....

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #14 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 4:18am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Mar 3rd, 2015 at 4:02am:
With +5 upgrade tomes going for ~500-1000 AS on khyber ASAH, it's probably worse to do the trade ins for cards IX and X when you can just sell the motes. 

Of course +5 upgrades aren't always available on the ASAH, but still....

Some serious irony when the cards are rarer than the prize....
Shame there is no other way to get the lvl 24 Mabar gear....
Undecided

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #15 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 5:01am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Mar 3rd, 2015 at 4:18am:
Some serious irony when the cards are rarer than the prize....
Shame there is no other way to get the lvl 24 Mabar gear....
Undecided

Time travel?

Wow.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #16 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 5:06am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Mar 3rd, 2015 at 4:02am:
With +5 upgrade tomes going for ~500-1000 AS on khyber ASAH

Khyber seems expensive. Come to Sarlona.  Smiley

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #17 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 5:17am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Mar 3rd, 2015 at 5:06am:

Sarlona is a chinese server. That means they have china adjusted prices for otherwise highly regarded items. Cheesy

Wow.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #18 - Mar 3rd, 2015 at 1:55pm
Print Post  

Khyber actually has the best AH in the game, availability-wise. Most prices are definitely at the high end though, yeah.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #19 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Mar 3rd, 2015 at 1:55pm:
Khyber actually has the best AH in the game, availability-wise. Most prices are definitely at the high end though, yeah.

That's confusing. I don't know whether to salute the dupers at a job well done, or be amazed at how many item-farmers there are on Khyber. The third, and frankly bizarre, possibility is that many people are finding DDO fun to play.

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #20 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 8:00am
Print Post  

Yeah you can get +5 pure tomes for less than 250-300 shards. +6 upgrade tomes don't sell for that much

IP Logged

iliveyourdream13
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 3rd, 2015 at 3:23am:
And paid Turdbin money? No way. Tongue

Don't hate the player, hate the game, bro.  You that morally correct with your minimum wages when you buy your Velveeta?  Easiest path to target is what matters, period.  Roll Eyes

You can grind out your motes (or even dupe them) and you might get lucky.  I could take a tiny bit of cash, buy one set of tomes and magically apply them to every toon in the stable, then go back on adventuring.   Grin

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #22 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
iliveyourdream13 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:17pm:
Don't hate the player, hate the game, bro.  You that morally correct with your minimum wages when you buy your Velveeta?  Easiest path to target is what matters, period.  Roll Eyes

You can grind out your motes (or even dupe them) and you might get lucky.  I could take a tiny bit of cash, buy one set of tomes and magically apply them to every toon in the stable, then go back on adventuring.   Grin

Hm, was that british or american english? Huh

Wow.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #23 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:25pm:
Hm, was that british or american english?

It was Douche. A sub-dialect offered in many, many languages.

IP Logged

HiWelcome
Titan Demolisher

Hi Welcome

Reply #24 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:47am:
The third, and frankly bizarre, possibility is that many people are finding DDO fun to play.

That's just crazy talk.   Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint