Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) +20 Lesser Hearts (Read 37066 times)
bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: +20 Lesser Hearts
Reply #50 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:16pm:
Sorry no, when you apply the coupon it locks out the options to remove the +20 heart from your cart.

And it is Tomb (a crypt) not Tome ( a fucking book) sons of bitches have been driving me nuts with that one for years.

That and:
rouges

and for games that have turrets, too many spell that as:

turrents

moran loosers!

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
The +20 HoW is amazing.  I have not bought one, still have several from the Enhancement Pass.  You can create builds that should not be do'able.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #52 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 5:22pm:
The +20 HoW is amazing.  I have not bought one, still have several from the Enhancement Pass.  You can create builds that should not be do'able.

how so?

IP Logged

Goon
Korthos Resident

Reply #53 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 10:49pm:
Look mother fucker, you have less than 20 posts, which means post some tits or fuck off.

Wow. Sensitive.   Huh

Why is 20 posts the magic number?

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:29pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #55 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:29pm:

That got me wondering, we all know the optimal split thanks to 3foot now, and rubbi, so why in the name of everything that is fucking holy would you want a bf barb,
It just makes 0 sense.
It is just so suboptimal and useless, why would you want a nonraging barb that needs to spend fucking bazilion points in  bf tree to get fucking recon?
Bard is ok i guess, but i fucking hate bards, hated since 2008 and that fucking thing wont change.
Fuck bards and fuck people who play bards and fuck turbine who made bards op.

(well i should fuck myself as well since i was  telling for years on mforums how useless they are)
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2015 at 3:45am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #56 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 7th, 2015 at 3:43am:
That got me wondering, we all know the optimal split thanks to 3foot now, and rubbi, so why in the name of everything that is fucking holy would you want a bf barb,
It just makes 0 sense.
It is just so suboptimal and useless, why would you want a nonraging barb that needs to spend fucking bazilion points in  bf tree to get fucking recon?
Bard is ok i guess, but i fucking hate bards, hated since 2008 and that fucking thing wont change.

(well i should fuck myself as well since i was  telling for years on mforums how useless they are)

There's a lot of intercourse in your post - I think you might be pre-occupied.....
Grin

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #57 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 4:16am
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 11:29pm:

I see Lelouch assumes you mean BF Bard or BF Barb.  I assumed you meant BF Bard/Barb multi.
It might be a stupid question, but how does the +20 heart help with that?

IP Logged

CanIhaveYourStuff
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 6:02am
Print Post  
The Communion of scribing still does not work while raging. So you must dump rage to heal and re-rage to continue. Stupid build for stupid peoples.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #59 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 6:26am
Print Post  
Looks like to me that Blitzing 1.5k hp and 150 prr barbie gets constant stream of 70 - 250 green numbers just be hitting shit.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #60 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Mar 7th, 2015 at 6:26am:
Looks like to me that Blitzing 1.5k hp and 150 prr barbie gets constant stream of 70 - 250 green numbers just be hitting shit.

Yep, and would you really want to waste a aligment change and a +1 heart then a +20 to put bard on bf?
I mean bf is all cool n such with imunities n shit. but i dont see it.
Example i prefer human or pdk, since it costs only 1 ap to get racail boost and not like fkn bf where its a retarded ap sink.
Only good reason for heart, like really good is if you want to grab a past life and test smthn.
example would be, you are pure barb completionist now, warlock shit comes out, you use 20 heart swap to pure warlock and have a full funtional lv 28 warlock to see if its any good or no, and then you   use heart tr to barb again.
Thats like only good reason i can think off.
Otherwise its good for stupid people who did stupid things.
2500 fuckin turbine points should give better things, at least a fucking crown that says, hey i spend 2500 tp on this junk, i should get some attentions as the special needs guy.
Sorry for sounding offensive, but i really dont get that heart, if tring n such was hard in current ddo i might agree it is a good buy.
But you basically spend 2500 tp to fix something you can fix in a day worth of playtime

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 7th, 2015 at 3:43am:
It just makes 0 sense.

Try this on for size.  At level 28 my Blade Forged Pure Barbarian can have 2200 hp, 150 PRR and can self heal while soloing any EE quest.  You only need to spend 11 AP to max out Communion.  He can also reach +6 crit profile with ease.   When I combine FotW Adrenaline Overload and Slaughter and/or Seeker's Strike he can average 10-15k "one shots".  I have seen as high as 28k crits while raged.  As far as Rage vs Communion, it goes like this.  Fight till he is at about 50% health, around 1100 hp.  Drop Rage, Communion (770 hp with 138 Ruby and 15 Diamond), Rage again.  With 8-10 Rages per rest this is never a problem as he has never run out between shrines.  The investment was not too steep.  A +1 HoW (traded Mystic Necklace for this), an alignment change token (about 650 TP) and the free +20 HoW.      
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2015 at 8:01am by Red Sox H8 Yankees »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #62 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Now barbs are the ultimate zergers, you lose more with bf barb than you gain. Not to mention extra feats you need for armor on bf char.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2015 at 9:18am by Viktor Vaughn »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #63 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Mar 7th, 2015 at 7:59am:
Try this on for size.  At level 28 my Blade Forged Pure Barbarian can have 2200 hp, 150 PRR and can self heal while soloing any EE quest.  You only need to spend 11 AP to max out Communion.  He can also reach +6 crit profile with ease.   When I combine FotW Adrenaline Overload and Slaughter and/or Seeker's Strike he can average 10-15k "one shots".  I have seen as high as 28k crits while raged.  As far as Rage vs Communion, it goes like this.  Fight till he is at about 50% health, around 1100 hp.  Drop Rage, Communion (770 hp with 138 Ruby and 15 Diamond), Rage again.  With 8-10 Rages per rest this is never a problem as he has never run out between shrines.  The investment was not too steep.  A +1 HoW (traded Mystic Necklace for this), an alignment change token (about 650 TP) and the free +20 HoW.      

But.. Why?
When you can just slot amp gear, roll a pdk or human and autoattack while selfhealing on every hit never even giving a single fuck about blue bar beside when you really need that consecration in some ee raids.
I just dont understand why you would want to go out of rage, click on recon, slot repair in your weapon..
That is just ... to much work for current barbs.
With recon maxing you will either lose power of forge and dual boost, or ravager heals and crit profile + cap combo.
IT is just a suboptimal, look i have bunch of hp barb imo.
Easier to roll a dorf and heal with bond shit

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #64 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Maybe he actually wants to play a toon instead of, as you said, just auto-attack and all the skill that involves  Roll Eyes

It's like these knobs that stone life after life after life like it's a game in itself .......
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2015 at 12:09pm by Jelly_Muffin »  

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #65 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Mar 7th, 2015 at 12:09pm:
Maybe he actually wants to play a toon instead of, as you said, just auto-attack and all the skill that involves  Roll Eyes

It's like these knobs that stone life after life after life like it's a game in itself .......

Because rage, dismiss rage, recon, rage takes so much more skill and work.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #66 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Hey it's how he enjoys his toon, he's not forcing you to play that way *shrug*

IP Logged

Viktor Vaughn
Puppy Farmer

Eberron burns

Reply #67 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
And Im not forcing him to play other way.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #68 - Mar 7th, 2015 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
If that's fun, it's cool, but that *does* seem like a lot of work, and that's coming from somebody who likes to play monks.  Cheesy

Dunno though... I hit 2100 hp on a drow barb, so that's nothing great.  "Real" builds should be pushing closer to 3k if that's what you're going for.  Again though, if it's fun, who the hell can argue against it really?

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Ya'll are missing the genius of the build.  I will contrast Blade Forged Barbarian to Blade Forged Centered Kensi for you.

With CKensi the build was extremely specific in what you were required to take to make the build work.  41 AP into Kensi for One With The Blade (and Power Surge).  Divine Might and Bane of Undeath forever tied together.  Monk Stance and Dance of Flowers, also slaved together.  Feats that required exact leveling with no room for errors.  Basically Enhancement A + Epic Destiny (and Twists) B + Feat list C is the only way to get result D.  Now some to these restrictions were eased when Paladin got upgraded so 4 levels worked also.

Blade forged Barbarian.  Communion of Scribing is THE ONLY SELF HEALING YOU WILL EVER NEED and only requires 11 AP (12 if you max out Repair Systems/Mechanist).  Ravager healing is fools gold.  Do not bother with this.  Fast Healing and any other sort of self healing including Coccoon, Crusade and Pots (silver flame, Sov heal pots) are not needed.

Flex appeal.  If you want to make a tank then you would combine Unyielding Sentinel and Occult Slayer.  You could have 2200 hp, 150 PRR, 100+ MRR, SR equal to your CON score (I ran around at 68 most times), a 30% chance to knock down casters every time you are damaged by one without even going near them (Arcane Encumbrance).  Ear Smash is frosting but works well.

If you want to go completely DPS crazy then you could combo Adrenaline Overload with Seeker's Strike and/or Slaughter for huge crits.

Crit profile.
Critical Rage: Increases your critical threat range by 1/2 when raging.  1 for Tier 1, 2 for Tier 2.  NOT 1/2 as it reads.

Devastating Critical: Passive Bonus: +1 Critical Damage Multiplier on rolls of 19-20.

Overwhelming Critical:When rolling a 19 or 20 on an attack with any weapons used by the character, your critical damage multiplier is increased by +1.

With a Thunderforged Great axe I was at walking around (raged) at +7. on role of 19-20.

Want to specialize in AOE?  No problem.  Cleave, Great Cleave, Supreme Cleave, Momenume Swing and Lay Waste.  With this setup I would never fail to keep a Blitz going.  Your hits per second are boosted exponentially by the number of mobs you can gather.

I also used some Quest specific setups such as Stand Against the Tide for Bone Boys, Mind Over Magic for MoD etc.

Basic feat setup
Power Attack
Cleave
Great Cleave
IC:Slashing
2HF
I2HF
G2HF
Overwhelming Critical
Adamantine Body
P2HF
P2WF
Stunning Blow

So which feats am I missing because I took Blade forged instead of Human?  The one I miss the most is Dragon Mark for free DD.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2015 at 10:55am by Red Sox H8 Yankees »  

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Mar 7th, 2015 at 1:33pm:
Because rage, dismiss rage, recon, rage takes so much more skill and work.
I agree.
Hot Key 8=Dismiss Rage
Hot Key 9=Communion
Hot Key 0=Rage

Tuf Yo!

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Mar 8th, 2015 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Viktor Vaughn wrote on Mar 7th, 2015 at 9:18am:
Now barbs are the ultimate zergers, you lose more with bf barb than you gain. Not to mention extra feats you need for armor on bf char.

Neither of us know what you are talking about.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2015 at 11:11am by Red Sox H8 Yankees »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #72 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Mar 8th, 2015 at 10:48am:
Ya'll are missing the genius of the build.  I will contrast Blade Forged Barbarian to Blade Forged Centered Kensi for you.

With CKensi the build was extremely specific in what you were required to take to make the build work.  41 AP into Kensi for One With The Blade (and Power Surge).  Divine Might and Bane of Undeath forever tied together.  Monk Stance and Dance of Flowers, also slaved together.  Feats that required exact leveling with no room for errors.  Basically Enhancement A + Epic Destiny (and Twists) B + Feat list C is the only way to get result D.  Now some to these restrictions were eased when Paladin got upgraded so 4 levels worked also.

Blade forged Barbarian.  Communion of Scribing is THE ONLY SELF HEALING YOU WILL EVER NEED and only requires 11 AP (12 if you max out Repair Systems/Mechanist).  Ravager healing is fools gold.  Do not bother with this.  Fast Healing and any other sort of self healing including Coccoon, Crusade and Pots (silver flame, Sov heal pots) are not needed.

Flex appeal.  If you want to make a tank then you would combine Unyielding Sentinel and Occult Slayer.  You could have 2200 hp, 150 PRR, 100+ MRR, SR equal to your CON score (I ran around at 68 most times), a 30% chance to knock down casters every time you are damaged by one without even going near them (Arcane Encumbrance).  Ear Smash is frosting but works well.

If you want to go completely DPS crazy then you could combo Adrenaline Overload with Seeker's Strike and/or Slaughter for huge crits.

Crit profile.
Critical Rage: Increases your critical threat range by 1/2 when raging.  1 for Tier 1, 2 for Tier 2.  NOT 1/2 as it reads.

Devastating Critical: Passive Bonus: +1 Critical Damage Multiplier on rolls of 19-20.

Overwhelming Critical:When rolling a 19 or 20 on an attack with any weapons used by the character, your critical damage multiplier is increased by +1.

With a Thunderforged Great axe I was at walking around (raged) at +7. on role of 19-20.

Want to specialize in AOE?  No problem.  Cleave, Great Cleave, Supreme Cleave, Momenume Swing and Lay Waste.  With this setup I would never fail to keep a Blitz going.  Your hits per second are boosted exponentially by the number of mobs you can gather.

I also used some Quest specific setups such as Stand Against the Tide for Bone Boys, Mind Over Magic for MoD etc.

Basic feat setup
Power Attack
Cleave
Great Cleave
IC:Slashing
2HF
I2HF
G2HF
Overwhelming Critical
Adamantine Body
P2HF
P2WF
Stunning Blow

So which feats am I missing because I took Blade forged instead of Human?  The one I miss the most is Dragon Mark for free DD.

No offense, but your barbarian sucks. Your crits suck, your healing sucks, FotW sucks.

This one is better is every meaningful way:
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1416652172/34#34
(Except HP I guess, but if you need more than 1500 hp, then you are doing it wrong.

In short, bladeforged barb sucks becuase the optimal barbarian will always have at least 41 points in FB and 36 points in Ravager. Therefore, there is no AP left to waste on a shitty repair spell that you have to drop rage for.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Mar 14th, 2015 at 10:50am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 7:03am:
No offense, but your barbarian sucks. Your crits suck, your healing sucks, FotW sucks.

This one is better is every meaningful way:
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1416652172/34#34
(Except HP I guess, but if you need more than 1500 hp, then you are doing it wrong.

In short, bladeforged barb sucks becuase the optimal barbarian will always have at least 41 points in FB and 36 points in Ravager. (41+36+1= 78)Therefore, there is no AP left to waste on a shitty repair spell (770 hp for 25 sp, I know, Shitty) that you have to drop rage for. (takes 2 seconds, which is how long you would last in EE without DC)

You are completely bat shit crazy.  No offense.

Your build as posted is just as focused as Centered Kensi.  YOU do not have the ability to flex from your build and maintain the level of damage you have found.  Please tell me how you managed to get your twist points while staying at Camp Crusader?  Please tell me how you self heal without it?

Blood Strength, I Like Pain, are not enough. 

You also gimped your build by not taking Cleave which is required to use Momentum Swing and Lay Waste.  Oh wait, forget that, you cannot use Legendary Dreadnought.

Your Crit Profile will be 1 higher because your base is +4 with heavy picks.  What other heavy picks do you use for leveling?  None, because Death Nip sucks.  I use Epic Antique Greataxe at level 20, Cleaver, Hewer of Suffering at 23 and a Tier 2 TF at level 26 and Tier 3 at 28.

Your single target DPS will be higher due to hits per min however I will clear rooms faster with Cleave, Great Cleave, Supreme Cleave, Momentum Swing and Lay Waste.  Yes, I run in Dreadnought often so I can build up 6 million Destiny Exp for Martial ETR's.

I recommend putting your theory build back into the dojo and leave it on Lamania.  No offense.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #74 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 1:38am
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Mar 14th, 2015 at 10:50am:
You are completely bat shit crazy.  No offense.

I may be crazy for DPS, but you are completely clueless.

Your build as posted is just as focused as Centered Kensi.  YOU do not have the ability to flex from your build and maintain the level of damage you have found. 

Why would I flex, it's already optimized.

Please tell me how you managed to get your twist points while staying at Camp Crusader? 

Oh that, yeah I already have completionist, and I wouldn't recommend my build to noobs...(apparently I was giving you too much credit.) Also, my build's DPS is insanely high with no ED as all, so I could run in whatever destiny if all I want is to grind xp.

Please tell me how you self heal without it?
Blood Strength, I Like Pain, are not enough. 

Wrong again. They are more than enough for 95% of the game. Unless I'm running endgame EE's I never need to quaff or consecrate for hp. I still do of course though, because it's massive DPS.

You also gimped your build by not taking Cleave which is required to use Momentum Swing and Lay Waste.  Oh wait, forget that, you cannot use Legendary Dreadnought.

ROFLMFAO.
I have 3 cleaves, genius. Supreme Cleave, Supreme Cleave, and Strike Down.

Your Crit Profile will be 1 higher because your base is +4 with heavy picks. 

Try 10 higher. 19-20x7 is 12 extra iterations of damage.
15-18x4 + 19-20x6 is 22 extra iterations of damage. Your crits suck.

What other heavy picks do you use for leveling?  None, because Death Nip sucks. 

I can use the best-available 2 hander from level 1-12 just like everyone else. I could craft GS picks if I were OCD about having the best possible stuff at every level. But hey, there are still other piercing weapons out there...last time I ER'd this build, I led kills in every single quest from 20-22 swinging a dagger and a shortsword while competing against a similarly leveled max DPS SWF pally. At 22 I started swinging TF blanks and really started embarrassing him.

I use Epic Antique Greataxe at level 20, Cleaver, Hewer of Suffering at 23 and a Tier 2 TF at level 26 and Tier 3 at 28.

Well, you should be using mauls in LD and falchions in any other destiny. You're not very good at this, are you?

Your single target DPS will be higher due to hits per min however I will clear rooms faster with Cleave, Great Cleave, Supreme Cleave, Momentum Swing and Lay Waste.  Yes, I run in Dreadnought often so I can build up 6 million Destiny Exp for Martial ETR's.

I've got cleaves too...and an aura that ticks for thousands of damage...and consecration ticks for 100s of damage. AoE is not a problem, I can sloppily solo EE Temple of Vol in 8 mins. What's your best time?

I recommend putting your theory build back into the dojo and leave it on Lamania.  No offense.

I recommend putting your herpa derp back in your mouth  and leaving it closed before you make yourself look any more silly.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint