Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) +20 Lesser Hearts (Read 37078 times)
CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Re: +20 Lesser Hearts
Reply #75 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
why maul in LD?

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
5 foot,

Dial it back a bit, you made a decent build and many of us appreciated it.

That's no excuse to go all fucking "I'm the master builder!!" and act precious like Cetus.

Everyone appreciates good ideas across the board, so stop before you turn into another one of those build only turds that live on the praise they get for a build.

Just some advice to consider.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #77 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I recommend putting your herpa derp back in your mouth  and leaving it closed before you make yourself look any more silly.

good shit right here.  it's weird watching two people argue where one isn't a batshit crazy chick, or a racist, or a homophobe.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:18pm:
why maul in LD?

He believes that Pulverizer, Anvil of Thunder, and Lightning Mace or better than Headman's Chop.  Meh.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Try 10 higher. 19-20x7 is 12 extra iterations of damage.
15-18x4 + 19-20x6 is 22 extra iterations of damage. Your crits suck.

Dude, I can get the same exact crit profile as you, taking the exact same Enhancements (minus the extra 10 I use for Communion) and Destiny, except I start with a +3 and you start with a +4.  TF Great Axe has a base damage profile of 3.5[1d12] + 9.  A heavy pick has 3.5[1d6] + 9.  Last time I checked 1d12 is twice as much as 1d6.

Quote:
I have 3 cleaves, genius. Supreme Cleave, Supreme Cleave, and Strike Down.
  You count like my 5 year old.

Quote:
and an aura that ticks for thousands of damage
What would this be?  This?
Castigation: Your Aura of Purification also harms nearby enemies, dealing Bane damage every 3 seconds. Non-bosses take damage equal to 1% of their current health for each stack of Purification they have. Bosses instead take 1d6 Bane damage per stack of Purification. This ability also grants +2 Melee Power.
Bug: Bosses take no damage from this aura.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 8:47pm:
Dude, I can get the same exact crit profile as you, taking the exact same Enhancements (minus the extra 10 I use for Communion) and Destiny, except I start with a +3 and you start with a +4.  TF Great Axe has a base damage profile of 3.5[1d12] + 9.  A heavy pick has 3.5[1d6] + 9.  Last time I checked 1d12 is twice as much as 1d6.

Castigation: Your Aura of Purification also harms nearby enemies, dealing Bane damage every 3 seconds. Non-bosses take damage equal to 1% of their current health for each stack of Purification they have. Bosses instead take 1d6 Bane damage per stack of Purification. This ability also grants +2 Melee Power.

Forget about all of those side arguments.  At the end of the day, you're still wasting 11-12 AP on a shitty self heal that isn't needed.  Please explain how you can justify that in today's meta.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #81 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:33pm:
5 foot,

Dial it back a bit, you made a decent build and many of us appreciated it.

That's no excuse to go all fucking "I'm the master builder!!" and act precious like Cetus.

Everyone appreciates good ideas across the board, so stop before you turn into another one of those build only turds that live on the praise they get for a build.

Just some advice to consider.

Maybe I came off as a little provocative at first, I was merely reacting naturally to an unknowledgeable player gushing about a mediocre build as if it were the best thing ever.

I'm going to continue telling it like it is as long as he keeps spouting ignorant BS.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #82 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 8:29pm:
He believes that Pulverizer, Anvil of Thunder, and Lightning Mace or better than Headman's Chop.  Meh.

Pulverizer is mathematically twice as good as Headsman's Chop since it gets double by Improved Critical...and it stacks with Critical Rage.

17-20x3 > 19-20x4

15-20x3 > 17-18x3+19-20x4
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2015 at 10:57pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #83 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Dude, I can get the same exact crit profile as you, taking the exact same Enhancements (minus the extra 10 I use for Communion) and Destiny, except I start with a +3 and you start with a +4. 

No you can't. There is no x4 THF weapon, so every crit range extender gives me 33% more damage than a Gaxe/Maul. Falchion makes up some of the difference since it starts out better, but gets 2/3 less damage from those range extenders.

TF Great Axe has a base damage profile of 3.5[1d12] + 9.  A heavy pick has 3.5[1d6] + 9.  Last time I checked 1d12 is twice as much as 1d6.

I have 2 picks. Last time I checked, 2d6 was higher than 1d12. Try again.

Just stop. Even if you are ignoring the "feature" I still have a 3 second cooldown cleave and a 12 second cooldown cleave that adds 500 extra damage. Oh and I get full healed every time I use them thanks to Blood Strength.

Yes, if you want to clear rooms full of trash this is the way to go. I've seen it tick as high as 15k in EE raids.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #84 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:18pm:
why maul in LD?

This advice is Barbarian specific because Pulverizer stacks with Crit Rage. If you are a pally with Holy Sword, a Fighter with Keen Edge you should still use a Falchion for THF because Holy Sword and Keen Edge don't stack with Pulverizer.

If you're THF on any other class for some reason, then you should also use maul for LD because of Pulverizer. (except for Rogues and Monks with Staff specialization I guess.)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #85 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 12:14am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 11:17pm:
This advice is Barbarian specific because Pulverizer stacks with Crit Rage. If you are a pally with Holy Sword, a Fighter with Keen Edge you should still use a Falchion for THF because Holy Sword and Keen Edge don't stack with Pulverizer.

If you're THF on any other class for some reason, then you should also use maul for LD because of Pulverizer. (except for Rogues and Monks with Staff specialization I guess.)

So I have to make a TF maul?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #86 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 1:19am
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 12:14am:
So I have to make a TF maul?

No, only if you want your Barbarian to do more THF damage in LD.

17-20x3 >     19-20x4     =     15-20x2
  Maul             Gaxe                   Falch
15-20x3 > 17-18x3+19-20x4 >13-20x2

Of course, if you are a Barbarian you should strongly consider TWF in DC with picks if you are looking to maximize DPS, because 15-20x4 is better than any of the above, and there is a long list of Barbarian effects that double with TWF.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 10:56pm:
Dude, I can get the same exact crit profile as you, taking the exact same Enhancements (minus the extra 10 I use for Communion) and Destiny, except I start with a +3 and you start with a +4.

No you can't. There is no x4 THF weapon, so every crit range extender gives me 33% more damage than a Gaxe/Maul. Falchion makes up some of the difference since it starts out better, but gets 2/3 less damage from those range extenders.We agreed on this, if I start at +3 and have access to the exact same enhancements and destiny, then your +4 will always be +1.  Shade calls this "math".

I have 2 picks. Last time I checked, 2d6 was higher than 1d12. Try again.
You are wrong, oh so wrong.  TWF does not proc both hands during Cleaves.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Attacks_that_hit_with_two_weapons

AND 2wf does not get twice the number of attacks per minute over 2hf.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/275144-Vanshilar-s-Attack-Speed-Index-...

Just stop. Even if you are ignoring the "feature" I still have a 3 second cooldown cleave and a 12 second cooldown cleave that adds 500 extra damage. Oh and I get full healed every time I use them thanks to Blood Strength.
No you don't.
Blood Strength: Each time you land a hit there is a 12% chance you heal positive damage equal to your Barbarian level. Each time you kill an opponent you are healed for 20 hit points. This healing scales with 100% Melee Power.

Yes, if you want to clear rooms full of trash this is the way to go. I've seen it tick as high as 15k in EE raids.  Nice crit
Now don't get me wrong, I like the build,except for Toughness and Epic Toughness, any class that can put out 1500 hp out of the box needs neither feat. 

I have never said that 2wf with heavy picks were not capable of awesome dps.  I never said your build was not capable of producing awesome dps.  I just think you "butted in with hate" at the start so I had to school you on what a build really is.  I would offer you this challenge.  Pick a Destiny and Enhancement combo for my Pure Bladeforged Barbarian and I bet you I could solo any EE quest.  You will not be able to do the same with your build.  Stepping outside your builds finely tuned niche would be deadly for you in at level EE quests, as you have admitted.  You seem to be overestimating the builds self healing.  My self healing is constant and universal.  My build is more survivable, flexible and not to mention unique.

If this,
(17-20x3 > 19-20x4 15-20x3 > 17-18x3+19-20x4)
is your best and only measure of a build then I guess you win.
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2015 at 5:10pm by Red Sox H8 Yankees »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #88 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Post your build on the builds subforum, and let's see what kind of barbarian advice you get. Otherwise, I will leave you to revel in your mediocrity.

(Hint: I do not expect it will be Great Axe Bladeforged is teh bestemest cuz of healing while not raged!)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 fooot step
Ex Member

Reply #89 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 12:42am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 19th, 2015 at 3:05am:
Post your build on the builds subforum, and let's see what kind of barbarian advice you get. Otherwise, I will leave you to revel in your mediocrity.

See? I'm making fun of you cause I make builds!

Check out my builds!

(Hint: I do not expect it will be Great Axe Bladeforged is teh bestemest cuz of healing while not raged!)

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 5:08am
Print Post  
shang on my server has an 18/1/1 bf barb build. he crits for like 14k on helpless with great axe in LD. It has amazing dps for a barb not taking the capstone. Also the guy is a good player so he can get away with taking any of his builds in any ee and wreck shit. He tried telling ironclan on the forums that 18/ barb is still a good build. thats where ironclan went dumb and started pretending he knows the build and it's bad. Same with dickish jalont. jalont even tried saying it was exploit...  I wish shang had posted his screenshot of his crits on that thread but he's smarter than that. Sev would just insta-fucking-nerf.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2015 at 5:08am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 5:12am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 5:08am:
shang on my server has an 18/1/1 bf barb build. he crits for like 14k on helpless with great axe in LD. It has amazing dps for a barb not taking the capstone. Also the guy is a good player so he can get away with taking any of his builds in any ee and wreck shit. He tried telling ironclan on the forums that 18/ barb is still a good build. thats where ironclan went dumb and started pretending he knows the build and it's bad. Same with dickish jalont. jalont even tried saying it was exploit...  I wish shang had posted his screenshot of his crits on that thread but he's smarter than that. Sev would just insta-fucking-nerf.

14k, fucking hell. That bloody impressive without cap, hell it would be with cap.

As for Ironclan, fuck that guy.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #92 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 6:22am
Print Post  

Axes are great for screenshots.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 9:33am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 6:22am:
Axes are great for screenshots.

Yeah. So is getting over 100 str score for your thf weapon. That isnt small dps. Most barbs are getting 70s. That is at least a 5 point increase over 25 flat from capstone. Obviously they have to use DM to get str that high. But the dps isnt just for screenshot shows. It competes with the standard ravager/berserker builds.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #94 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:24am
Print Post  
I wish shang had posted his screenshot of his crits on that thread but he's smarter than that. Sev would just insta-fucking-nerf.

Isn't that sad, that we can work toward achievements like this, but we have to hide them to keep them going?  It's like we're some sort of drug culture, or a group meeting to discuss the downfall of a tyrannical government.    Lips Sealed

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 9:33am:
Yeah. So is getting over 100 str score for your thf weapon. That isnt small dps. Most barbs are getting 70s. That is at least a 5 point increase over 25 flat from capstone. Obviously they have to use DM to get str that high. But the dps isnt just for screenshot shows. It competes with the standard ravager/berserker builds. 

You have to run one to see that, the numbers aren't stright forward since the base damage (which is higher for 18/1/1 builds) effects so many things.

18/1/1 is very strong and is my favourite between that and pure barb.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #96 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Shang and good player in the same sentence ...... jesus heard less shit from people  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Mar 27th, 2015 at 10:10am:
Shang and good player in the same sentence ...... jesus heard less shit from people  Roll Eyes

I dont know when was the last time you played with them. Him and yellobeard routinely duo every ee in the game. Are very knowledgeable about mechanics, debuffs, and tactics. Yello was also a MLG for FPS games. The guy is a better gamer than YOU, so....
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2015 at 10:33am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #98 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 27th, 2015 at 10:32am:
I dont know when was the last time you played with them. Him and yellobeard routinely duo every ee in the game. Are very knowledgeable about mechanics, debuffs, and tactics. Yello was also a MLG for FPS games. The guy is a better gamer than YOU, so....

You may not see this post, being so far up their asses but in case you do get signal up there - stop drinking the fucking koolaid  Wink

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #99 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 4:33pm:
one of those build only turds that live on the praise they get for a build.

Sad

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint