Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) to turbine staff (Read 19445 times)
anyname
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

to turbine staff
Mar 9th, 2015 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
As turbine has seen fit to continue to ignore all those of us that have called, emailed, appealed, and other wise tried to get your attention.  I have come up with another solution. Obviously these are not your forums, I do know you do read them though.  Keep an eye on this thread in 24 hours it will show up on your forums.  I have been creating new accounts for nearly 2 weeks using ip addresses from across the world.  I will post the following with any comments from the vault community until I get an answer.  I'll let you guess which of the likely hundreds of bans and protest letters you have ignored to get this cleared up.  You will ban each account but IP bans wont help since ip's are different with each account.  You could ban every account that has joined in the last 2 wks but i doubt even you are that stupid.

All players with friends that have been missing for the last week to two weeks don't plan on them coming back.  The new turbine policy for handling any offense seems to be perma ban rather than the 2 week vacation they used to give.  If you have a problem with this let turbine know by voting with your wallets. 

Sev and team have developed a method for tracking what goes into and out of the bank. Making it so any duped item is to id.  They also have a method for tracking how often you interact with the bank/shared bank/bag which notifies them if you spend too long or use it to quickly.  you may have seen the you must wait before using notification again. 
Get this message too often and you could get a review from a gm.  It will NOT matter if you have items bought, off others, traded from others, or made yourself if your account is reviewed.  You will be perma banned based on what has recently happened to others.

So far I know of several players and dozens of accounts that have been banned on one server.  These players were for the most part first time offenders.  All have spent hundreds some tens of thousands on the game.  All have brought friends into the game, some more than others.  Their time in the game ranges from 3 to nearly 9 years.  They come from several guilds and are well known through out the servers they play regularly on. Through FB, phone calls, third party voip, the vault, guild communications, and many others methods, much of your player base knows what happened,  the rest will.   

If you have a problem with this vote with your wallet.  Stop vip, don't buy points. 

So far I know of nearly 120 players that have stopped or decided not to renew vip,  many who up until now had multiple vip accounts.  More who are looking at leaving the game all together for NWNO, Terra, or one of the other newer games.  They are better in customer support, graphics, less lag, by the numbers all these games are better.  However, DDO wins a loyal following that likes to dungeon crawl. DDO wins a loyal following that does not like the forced grind that is common in so many other mmo's.  Kill x bring y to bob repeat until your eyes bleed.

Unique classes and class combinations make the game nearly endlessly replayable.   A repeatable low lvl, and high lvl game  have created a game where players can enjoy the content they most want to enjoy.

The problem is much of the equipment requires a great deal of grinding, the vary thing many players play this game to avoid.  Worse the quests that drop many of the needed items are nearly unplayable due to lag or drops of the needed items are so rare that they may as well not exist.

Players have found creative ways around this problem through the same things that causes many of their issues in other places in the game.  Stuck points, ladder glitches, bosses that don't spawn, are all errors in the code that cause endless frustration to players.  Some of these bugs have been around so long they are looked at as standard features of the game that players believe will never be fixed because you simply don't care enough to try.  The error that you do care about is when things get duplicated.  Why do they get duplicated?  low drop rates, lag, quests that people don't want to feel like they are forced to run.  IE we play ddo because it is NOT every other mmo that makes players grind mindlessly.  If players wanted that we could get grinding and better graphics and less lag from many other mmo's.  Yet we for some reason keep sticking around for turbine's abuse. 

There have been other games in the past that have failed because they ignored their players.   How long will turbine be able last thinking its loyal players are worthless?  How long before ddo is simply another footnote in the history of mmo's?

IP Logged

AngryKobold
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: to turbine staff
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Going with wah...

that and I randomly afk at the bank for hours all the time, never been spanked for dubious or non-dubious behavior.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
anyname wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 8:04pm:
How long before ddo is simply another footnote in the history of mmo's?

It already is.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
I have been creating new accounts for nearly 2 weeks using ip addresses from across the world.  I will post the following with any comments from the vault community until I get an answer.  I'll let you guess which of the likely hundreds of bans and protest letters you have ignored to get this cleared up.  You will ban each account but IP bans wont help since ip's are different with each account.  You could ban every account that has joined in the last 2 wks but i doubt even you are that stupid.

Oooohh... so that's why they added a proxy config to the launcher. Like why the fuck would you want to run a game through a proxy? Bad. It made no sense to me, now it adds up! They want you to do this. To fool the WB beancounters. More accounts is a good metric for them. Milking the WB cash cow for salaries for as long as possible without doing any actual work. It explains much.

Modern capitalism sucks, it results in such shit products and business practices. I long for old fashioned capitalism where the customer was more important than the shareholder.

And get off my lawn!  Angry
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:17pm by »  

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Keep an eye on this thread in 24 hours it will show up on your forums.  I have been creating new accounts for nearly 2 weeks using ip addresses from across the world.

Wow, like a ghetto Anonymous that only engages in trivial, meaningless protests.

...some tens of thousands on the game...So far I know of nearly 120 players that have stopped or decided not to renew vip 

Roll Eyes

You should have said thousands of accounts and millions of dollars. Just as much bullshit but much more entertaining.

Stuck points, ladder glitches...

OK, you're done.

We get it. You got banned. Now go fuck off and play another game, or better yet, go get your life in order.

You're a spoiled child. You cheated and got caught, take it like a fucking man.

You can edit out this response when you do your amateur hacking and flood the motherboards. I'm sure the other children that dwell in the vault will be along shortly to agree with you, so there will be plenty of support soon.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:34pm by FM »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
10's of thousands of dollars? Yikes.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:41pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:41pm:
[img]

STLPCDAL - Sig too large, post content didn't actually load.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
threatening to leave with X VIPs who have "multiple accounts!!1!!" is phffffft.  you'd get more attention from Turbine if you started posting exploits. 

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Sorry to tell you OP but two week bans are still being handed out, one of our own just finished his.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #10 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:27am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:29pm:
10's of thousands of dollars? Yikes.

Yea. WTF? You can buy a car with that amount of money.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 4:53am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 9:56pm:
threatening to leave with X VIPs who have "multiple accounts!!1!!" is phffffft.  you'd get more attention from Turbine if you started posting exploits. 

^^
This

Really really ?

As we have told you in the other thread... tracking bank interaction speed would just drown them in false positive. We all see the message when we move from one tab to the other or when we drop lots of items one after the other in the bank ( or remove them ).

Once again since you seem to be dumb and don't understand :

I use my shared bank as my holding box for all the stuff I deconstruct... that's 40ish items... 40 messages when I pull them out, then 15ish more messages when I dump the result of Deconstruct in the Box... then 8/9 more when I move to last tab to check new stacks...
Relog to another toon
Dump 2 pages worth of shit to deconstruct. ( so 40 more messages )
relog to crafter toon
extract said deconstruct shit ( 40 more messages )

Tell me why I haven't gotten the attention of a GM by now, I'm doing that at least 5 times a week... some days ( Saturday, Sunday ) I go through 3/4 toons and the crafter...

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 5:14am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:27am:

Yes, but would you buy a car from Turdbine if they made them?
Can you imagine how they would work?  Oh the imagery.
And can you imagine the CS on warranty returns?   Tongue

The quality of a Turdbine car would make the Lada brand look like Rolls Royce.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 5:25am
Print Post  
+10

Then again I did used to own a Triumph spitfire, a car that was always better to look at then to ever start, if it would start that is.
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2015 at 5:26am by Hag Master »  

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #14 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 7:53am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 5:14am:
Yes, but would you buy a car from Turdbine if they made them?
Can you imagine how they would work?  Oh the imagery.
And can you imagine the CS on warranty returns?   Tongue

The quality of a Turdbine car would make the Lada brand look like Rolls Royce.

Found it!  Smiley

http://i.imgur.com/yFvWiD1.gif
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2015 at 7:54am by Sim-Sala-Bim »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #15 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:27am:

Or a handbag.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #16 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 4:53am:
Tell me why I haven't gotten the attention of a GM by now, I'm doing that at least 5 times a week... some days ( Saturday, Sunday ) I go through 3/4 toons and the crafter...

I would tell you, but I can't talk about it.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #17 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Or a handbag.

You're the man.   Grin

IP Logged

Sasha
Abbot Raider

Reply #18 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Yeah yeah... grind is too hard... game is too laggy... I paid a bunch of money so don't ban me plx kthxbye.

If you decide to exploit, you should assume that you might get banned eventually and work around that (make dummy accounts). If you haven't, deal with it.

My guess is that it depends on whether it's stacks or amount of items in those stacks. 100 stacks of 2-3 different items =/= 2-3 stacks of 100 items.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #19 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 12:25pm
Print Post  

You probably have, but if they scanned you and you came up clean why would you even know?

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #20 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I long for old fashioned capitalism where the customer was more important than the shareholder.

The parallel universe you're looking for is that way -->

(Because this "old fashioned capitalism" has never existed in this one :p )
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2015 at 12:27pm by pnellesen »  

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Was this even posted on main forum or did OP chicken out with the tough talk?

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #22 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 7:53am:

OMG - is this a leaked photo of the new secret Turdbine development lab?
It looks like it might be out the back of the Turdbine office in Boston?

When they said make a strategic move to mobile gaming, we were thinking too conventionally. 
Turdbine intend to fit a TSR-80 into a car to produce a cutting edge mobile gaming experience.
Now you can play DDO on your way to work, home or to the shops.
When you're out parking with your GF - never miss an auction again!
Why let the grind of RL interfere with your DDO grind?

Leaked tech specs show it is pretty cutting edge (for the 1980's).
TSR80, 5.25" floppy drive - DDO updates only take 800 discs.  Wait, there's a paid upgrade option on the DDO store to go 3.5" discs (phew - only needs 400 of those).

OMG - can't wait for this to hit the market....

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #23 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 2:59am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 10:43pm:
OMG - is this a leaked photo of the new secret Turdbine development lab?
It looks like it might be out the back of the Turdbine office in Boston?

When they said make a strategic move to mobile gaming, we were thinking too conventionally.
Turdbine intend to fit a TSR-80 into a car to produce a cutting edge mobile gaming experience.
Now you can play DDO on your way to work, home or to the shops.
When you're out parking with your GF - never miss an auction again!
Why let the grind of RL interfere with your DDO grind?

Leaked tech specs show it is pretty cutting edge (for the 1980's).
TSR80, 5.25" floppy drive - DDO updates only take 800 discs.  Wait, there's a paid upgrade option on the DDO store to go 3.5" discs (phew - only needs 400 of those).

See. Their vision is way ahead of us.

Quote:
OMG - can't wait for this to hit the market....

Let's hope they'll make a kickstarter for that...  Grin

IP Logged

khyberkajiit
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 1:38am
Print Post  
Dafaq did I just read?
Bud, Turdbine never gave a fuck about antyhing and asn't even been a FOOT NOTE in the MMO area of things since 2008 - after 2 years of life.

You can argue that it still has a following, you can argue that people still pay, but the reality is WE DON'T because the game has sucked sweaty monkey balls since 2005 when it was in Beta.

The VIP I kept going for years finally stopped as well, Solely because the shitty service (or disservice) that I receive when I spend money.
I'm treated the exact same way as idiots who grind TP. Or worst - those who sell gold for TP.

Regardless of your complaining, Turdbine is and has always been a sinking shit (not even a ship).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint