Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) to turbine staff (Read 19457 times)
giveusaclue
Korthos Resident

WTF wheres all the Boobs
at !!

Re: to turbine staff
Reply #25 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
its all bollox no gm has milfed me yet passing over pot after pot from alt toons heck i even bet a friend i linked 100 sov elixirs in trade window and nothing not even a twerk from fatty behind his desk

if your worse than me your a noob
if your better than me you need to get a life!

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #26 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
giveusaclue wrote on Apr 5th, 2015 at 9:33pm:
its all bollox no gm has milfed me yet passing over pot after pot from alt toons heck i even bet a friend i linked 100 sov elixirs in trade window and nothing not even a twerk from fatty behind his desk

Moving stuff I don't think is a problem.
They have to balance practicality with enforcement. 
There is definitely some monitoring occurring.

There must be some triggers that are not likely to be accidental.
Eg. Ten "please wait for bank" in 30 secs or 2 DC's within 60 secs.
Stuff like that - actions associated with exploits.

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Apr 5th, 2015 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
OP,  since you decided to make such a large post and I'm feeling extra sarcastic, I'm going to critique your post paragraph by paragraph.   I will ignore the obvious and not so obvious grammatical errors.

anyname wrote on Mar 9th, 2015 at 8:04pm:
As turbine has seen fit to continue to ignore all those of us that have called, emailed, appealed, and other wise tried to get your attention.  I have come up with another solution. Obviously these are not your forums, I do know you do read them though.  Keep an eye on this thread in 24 hours it will show up on your forums.  I have been creating new accounts for nearly 2 weeks using ip addresses from across the world.  I will post the following with any comments from the vault community until I get an answer.  I'll let you guess which of the likely hundreds of bans and protest letters you have ignored to get this cleared up.  You will ban each account but IP bans wont help since ip's are different with each account.  You could ban every account that has joined in the last 2 wks but i doubt even you are that stupid.

Sure, this won't backfire when a) most of the people who  bother to read your post will likely mock you (see all posts before mine for examples), b) I'm sure Turbine is quaking in their boots a your threats of rage-posting.   It's icing on the cake that you're gloating about using a proxy to mask your IP but that makes you about as 1337 of a h4x0r as prepending a call with *69 to prank someone.   Yes, you'll probably make 1 or 2 employees have to work some extra hours as a result of your antics..   I predict an Otto's Box sale in 2 weeks.

All players with friends that have been missing for the last week to two weeks don't plan on them coming back.  The new turbine policy for handling any offense seems to be perma ban rather than the 2 week vacation they used to give.  If you have a problem with this let turbine know by voting with your wallets.

Maybe.. I have only heard anything from the vault regarding permabans, so I'm skeptical on this point.

Sev and team have developed a method for tracking what goes into and out of the bank. Making it so any duped item is to id.

What would Freud say?

They also have a method for tracking how often you interact with the bank/shared bank/bag which notifies them if you spend too long or use it to quickly.  you may have seen the you must wait before using notification again.  Get this message too often and you could get a review from a gm.  It will NOT matter if you have items bought, off others, traded from others, or made yourself if your account is reviewed.  You will be perma banned based on what has recently happened to others.

Something about logic makes this whole past block seem incorrect.  I will suggest that the bank message is a little more benign and serves the purpose of telling you that the game can't process all the commands you're trying to tell it to.

So far I know of several players and dozens of accounts that have been banned on one server.  These players were for the most part first time offenders.  All have spent hundreds some tens of thousands on the game.  All have brought friends into the game, some more than others.  Their time in the game ranges from 3 to nearly 9 years.  They come from several guilds and are well known through out the servers they play regularly on. Through FB, phone calls, third party voip, the vault, guild communications, and many others methods, much of your player base knows what happened, the rest will. If you have a problem with this vote with your wallet.  Stop vip, don't buy points. 

Fail. If you spend hundreds of 10's of thousands.. that's like, enough to by Turbine.. your buddies did it wrong.  The last bit is pretty irrelevant to your case.  1 day 100's of days.. so?

Actually, by this point, idgaf anymore. But please.. more popcorn moments plz.

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

Hiding
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:27am:
Yea. WTF? You can buy a car with that amount of money.

And a low quality friend!

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 2:22am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #30 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 11:13am
Print Post  
in order to be a footnote for anything, you need to have had some sort of meaningful contribution or have some unique quality that adds to the MMO space to garner that footnote.   I am not really seeing that being the case for DDO other than being an Online version of DnD....  but Neverwinter would get that footnote, not DDO.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #31 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Apr 6th, 2015 at 11:13am:
in order to be a footnote for anything, you need to have had some sort of meaningful contribution or have some unique quality that adds to the MMO space to garner that footnote.   I am not really seeing that being the case for DDO other than being an Online version of DnD....  but Neverwinter would get that footnote, not DDO.

I'm confused about that… Not that I don't believe it's true.

Why is Neverwinter the "Favoured Child" of DnD when it's such a sad sack* compared to DDO?

What's the trivia point I'm missing on this?

(*Sad sack in gameplay, it's a light year ahead in tech)
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2015 at 8:30pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Black Eyes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
meh. another main forums wanker.

#cranelives
#dropbearsafag
#flavssucksdropbearsass

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #33 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Or a handbag.

For $10k that handbag better be made out of some D-list celebrity's skin.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #34 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Apr 6th, 2015 at 8:51pm:
For $10k that handbag better be made out of some D-list celebrity's skin.

Ooh, if only Joan Rivers hadn't passed away. I think she'd totally have had a a handbag made out of the nip & tucked.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

"Sua Sponte" "De Oppresso
Liber"

Reply #35 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:39pm:
Ooh, if only Joan Rivers hadn't passed away. I think she'd totally have had a a handbag made out of the nip & tucked.

Or maybe just go with a handbag made out of Joan Rivers.

It'll be a Kosher AND Faux-Crocodile bag at the same damn time.

Innovation.

"The Quieter you Become - the More you are able to Hear"

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #36 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 2:54am
Print Post  
Puppies wrote on Apr 7th, 2015 at 11:52pm:

It'll be a Kosher AND Faux-Crocodile bag at the same damn time.

Innovation.

And they say necessity is the mother of invention. God job us, showing them how wrong they are, eh?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #37 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 3:16am
Print Post  
Kosher

You planning on eating it?  Huh

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #38 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 4:18am
Print Post  
As turbine has seen fit to continue to ignore all those of us that have called, emailed, appealed, and other wise tried to get your attention.  I have come up with another solution. Obviously these are not your forums, I do know you do read them though.  Keep an eye on this thread in 24 hours it will show up on your forums.  I have been creating new accounts for nearly 2 weeks using ip addresses from across the world.  I will post the following with any comments from the vault community until I get an answer.  I'll let you guess which of the likely hundreds of bans and protest letters you have ignored to get this cleared up.  You will ban each account but IP bans wont help since ip's are different with each account.  You could ban every account that has joined in the last 2 wks but i doubt even you are that stupid.

All players with friends that have been missing for the last week to two weeks don't plan on them coming back.  The new turbine policy for handling any offense seems to be perma ban rather than the 2 week vacation they used to give.  If you have a problem with this let turbine know by voting with your wallets. 

Sev and team have developed a method for tracking what goes into and out of the bank. Making it so any duped item is to id.  They also have a method for tracking how often you interact with the bank/shared bank/bag which notifies them if you spend too long or use it to quickly.  you may have seen the you must wait before using notification again. 
Get this message too often and you could get a review from a gm.  It will NOT matter if you have items bought, off others, traded from others, or made yourself if your account is reviewed.  You will be perma banned based on what has recently happened to others.

So far I know of several players and dozens of accounts that have been banned on one server.  These players were for the most part first time offenders.  All have spent hundreds some tens of thousands on the game.  All have brought friends into the game, some more than others.  Their time in the game ranges from 3 to nearly 9 years.  They come from several guilds and are well known through out the servers they play regularly on. Through FB, phone calls, third party voip, the vault, guild communications, and many others methods, much of your player base knows what happened,  the rest will.   

If you have a problem with this vote with your wallet.  Stop vip, don't buy points. 

So far I know of nearly 120 players that have stopped or decided not to renew vip,  many who up until now had multiple vip accounts.  More who are looking at leaving the game all together for NWNO, Terra, or one of the other newer games.  They are better in customer support, graphics, less lag, by the numbers all these games are better.  However, DDO wins a loyal following that likes to dungeon crawl. DDO wins a loyal following that does not like the forced grind that is common in so many other mmo's.  Kill x bring y to bob repeat until your eyes bleed.

Unique classes and class combinations make the game nearly endlessly replayable.   A repeatable low lvl, and high lvl game  have created a game where players can enjoy the content they most want to enjoy.

The problem is much of the equipment requires a great deal of grinding, the vary thing many players play this game to avoid.  Worse the quests that drop many of the needed items are nearly unplayable due to lag or drops of the needed items are so rare that they may as well not exist.

Players have found creative ways around this problem through the same things that causes many of their issues in other places in the game.  Stuck points, ladder glitches, bosses that don't spawn, are all errors in the code that cause endless frustration to players.  Some of these bugs have been around so long they are looked at as standard features of the game that players believe will never be fixed because you simply don't care enough to try.  The error that you do care about is when things get duplicated.  Why do they get duplicated?  low drop rates, lag, quests that people don't want to feel like they are forced to run.  IE we play ddo because it is NOT every other mmo that makes players grind mindlessly.  If players wanted that we could get grinding and better graphics and less lag from many other mmo's.  Yet we for some reason keep sticking around for turbine's abuse. 

There have been other games in the past that have failed because they ignored their players.   How long will turbine be able last thinking its loyal players are worthless?  How long before ddo is simply another footnote in the history of mmo's?

Display Name, is that you? DDO may only be a cash-cow with decreasing player population, but there are still a few thousand active players left. And Turbines (new) attempt to milk those players some more is a) Banning all critics and b) Serving the Paladins by handing out bans to cheaters. I don’t think you can make them change their policy on this, wasted efforts I’d say. Getting banned for cheating can happen and getting banned for ranting is plain stupid. They don't listen anyway..

I cheated a lot, but carefully most of the time. I didn’t appeal or complain when they got me, worked out fine for me. Wasn’t carful that day and acted stupid, I am sure the ban could have been avoided easily… the more you know… What I don’t get are all the whiny cheaters. Nobody is forced to cheat and the game is easy enough without them. If you cheat there is a benefit and a risk, you don’t get one without the other. I don't believe in the "I didn't cheat I just bought all that" bullshit. Even if that may be true for a percent of the playes with huge stacks those still know exactly where those things came from originaly.

Don’t duplicate on your main account. I have a good supply of everything unbound that goes into a bag in the TR cache of several mules. I traded the bound items to my mains, but only in amounts that are not to suspicious. Not a stack of 1000 of everything, but random amounts like 243 of this and 485 of that. And my iron reserve stacks are in the caches of two toons, that I left in the reincarnation grove with level one.  Funny enough, all that stuff survived my ban. Only things “in the open” got deleted.

When I reported my ban here in january some vaulties suspected some kind of tracking, other called it bullshit of course. And there have been at least two or three reports of permabans recently. If you cheat and ignore the information available here don’t complain about it afterwards. Thus said, there have been permabans lifted in the past. But not by threatening but by a “well I am sorry can we figure a way out how I may play on” call AFAIK.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #39 - Apr 8th, 2015 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
The single most effective method to avoid bans is not to group with anyone. Right behind that is not to curse in general chat.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #40 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 3:59pm
Print Post  

Nah, make the handbag out of circumcised foreskins.  Then you can rub it a few times to make it transform into a suitcase.  Shocked

IP Logged

Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Reply #41 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 3:59pm:
Nah, make the handbag out of circumcised foreskins.  Then you can rub it a few times to make it transform into a suitcase.  Shocked

Chainmale?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #42 - Apr 9th, 2015 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 4:48pm:
Chainmale?

Brigandink.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Black Eyes wrote on Apr 6th, 2015 at 8:45pm:
meh. another main forums wanker.

Well it takes one to know doesn't Uurlock?

You fucking asslicking little toady, why don't you run back over there and tell Cordo what a great job he is doing on the patch?

How about it you cunt?

IP Logged

McDizzle
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Looked at the paragraph, read a few lines, and was like fuck it, not worth reading, moving along.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2015 at 12:31pm by McDizzle »  

IP Logged

Puppies
Waterworks Kobold

"Sua Sponte" "De Oppresso
Liber"

Reply #45 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 8th, 2015 at 2:54am:
hey say necessity is the mother of invention. God job us, showing them how wrong they are, eh?

It didn't stop Dahmer!

5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 8th, 2015 at 3:16am:
You planning on eating it?   

Depends how drunk I am, and whether or not my FOB actually gets anything BESIDES cherry poptarts next deployment

GooFY wrote on Apr 9th, 2015 at 3:59pm:
Nah, make the handbag out of circumcised foreskins.  Then you can rub it a few times to make it transform into a suitcase.   

You can also grasp it with both hands tightly, and slowly ease down on it for some real fun
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2015 at 3:33pm by Puppies »  

"The Quieter you Become - the More you are able to Hear"

IP Logged

Groo The Wanderer
Titan Demolisher

did I err?

Reply #46 - Apr 10th, 2015 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
The best part of this whole load of shit is that we haven't seen or heard of anything anywhere.  Not in the forums, not in chat channels, not in raid channels, not on vent, not on team speak ... this "campaign" is about as effective as a terrorist lighting up a used tampon on a crowded bus.

Dude if you are going to whip your e-wang out and demand it be praised and respected you better make sure that it can actually be measured.

Another Nerd-Rage petulant rant good for a handful of popcorn but leaving the bucket untouched.  For shame!

You say different then prove me wrong.  Start spamming from those accounts you have been making for weeks get the message out there. 

You have 12 hours to respond!!!!!!!!111!!!

where's the cheese dip?

IP Logged

Black Eyes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 6:25am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Apr 10th, 2015 at 8:01am:
How about it you cunt?

Shut up you goat fucking toilet licker, you piece of shit motherfucker I will gouge out your eyes with my finger and fuck your bloody eye socket you fucking shit fuck asshole. Your mother is a fart catcher for the tramps, a penny a go. You are a fucking inbred, retarded, pedantic little fart knocker. You lick your Dad's hairy dead balls you bitch, fuck, whore, cunt, ass fuck.
I've seen you, stealing little girls panties then shoving them up your ass with a knive, your mother would be ashamed.

now stop comparing me to that cuntlock!

#cranelives
#dropbearsafag
#flavssucksdropbearsass

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #48 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 6:27am
Print Post  
nice necro after Dropbear pointed it to you.

You know instead of trying to fit in, just tell us who you are on the mainboard... that way either Dropbear and Hag will be proved wrong or they will be proved right.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Black Eyes
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jun 10th, 2015 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jun 10th, 2015 at 6:27am:
nice necro after Dropbear pointed it to you.

You know instead of trying to fit in, just tell us who you are on the mainboard... that way either Dropbear and Hag will be proved wrong or they will be proved right.

Dropbear got banned so long ago on the mobo the assturd is as relevant as herpes cream is to a dead horse.

not stupid like you and reveal my account(s) there so turdine can see. go back to wearing your tin foil hat.

#cranelives
#dropbearsafag
#flavssucksdropbearsass

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint