Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Doubleshot Ranger Build (Read 8650 times)
Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Doubleshot Ranger Build
Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Is it even worth my time looking at?  I think with the bonuses from an item, ED, Feat, Epic past lives, capstone and enhancement, I am looking at a standing bonus of 52% and up to 72% with killer active.

This would mean I would be maxing AA tier 4 and taking capstone, taking tier 5 deepwood enhancements, running leg dread destiny for critical and blitz.  My thought is without fury shot, the tier 5 AA is not as good as tier 5 deepwood, but not sure if that is correct either.

Any thoughts on if this is even a worth while build?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: Doubleshot Ranger Build
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:13am:
Is it even worth my time looking at? 

not at this time, the manyshot penalty kills this concept.

it'll hopefully be changed when Rangers get a pass.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:26am
Print Post  
It would be worth if you go 14 palie 6 ranger i guess and go sun elf and repeteater.
Might work out, there is a pure ranger dshoot build but imo getting holy sword is better then sniper shot for such a sort of build.
And palie gives you more or less ee selfheal and defenses.
But bow? Nope bad as fk.
Even a silly type of build like dunno 14 palie 6 artie would be better

Fuck, why do i always use palie for fucks sake as a base build for whatever i want to build..
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:27am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:26am:
Fuck, why do i always use palie for fucks sake as a base build for whatever i want to build..

Holy Sword perhaps?

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
holy sword and leg dread do not stack.

My quick math for manyshot and doubleshot 50% makes them equal:

over 80 seconds:

Manyshot - 20 seconds of 4x arrows = 50% of shots 2x
Doubleshot 50% is the same

However, if I am going pure ranger, I figure the higher above 50% doubleshot I get, the better it performs vs manyshot.  So with killer it can get as high as 72%.

The build breaker being 10k stars.... but we know that won't last.

So, for a quick burst of damage, like against a boss or something, I would hit manyshot then wait out the cool down to get back on track.

IP Logged

qweeve
DQ Assaulter

Reply #5 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 11:26am:

Pallies are like bacon. Great on their own, or added to about anything else.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Dunno if it's workable, but tilomere posted a xbow doubleshot build in the ranger forums. 
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:32pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
14 paladin 6 monk half elf.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Build section?

Monk levels are best.  Archers can be gimp without 10k.
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2015 at 4:07pm by Red Sox H8 Yankees »  

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #9 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 3:32pm:
Dunno if it's workable, but tilomere posted a xbow doubleshot build in the ranger forums. 

I played a sun elf artie focusin on fury long time ago.
Thing is, i can provide some really need pscreens from my homebrew pc, but in game the case is that you cannot produce such a effect at all times.
Simply put, you will fuck up slaying shot from time to time with reload sequence.
If you use during reload, you just waste sp and do nothing.
So in hectic situations, where its red dalert and you kite alot mobs it might turn out that you simply miss the shots.
SInce we all know the perfect case scenario where you only range and nothing comes near you is hard to pull off.

Aslo if alrdy doing such a build imo as i suggested to oxa, a 14 palie 6 ranger, but you wont have ap for killer prolly since racial aa is costy. Actually let me check the ap.
41 for aa, 14 for aa unlock in racial, 25 killer for tier 2.
But that leaves you with no kta.
Now if that is better then sightly more dshot +kta.
If holy sword adds more dps + divine favor from palie vs favored enemy and kta not so sure.
I personally think that is the better split then pure ranger.
Since you still hace sniper shot holy sword dfavor and actually only lose kta and 1 tier of dshoot for 1 multi and threat.

SOmeone could do numbers and check it better tho.
Issue would be how to get int to damage on repete without harper..
Hmm

My simple assumption is that once we see mechanic a 14 palie 6 rogue might be quite wonderful since it solves couple issues i got with 14/6 ranger since i dont know how to fit dshot without kta there

Bdw, this is just a assumption but i think repeteater builds will be the most viable builds soon replacing monkchery after possibly nerf of 10k/many
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2015 at 4:40pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Shmuel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
I've started looking at this recently and need to re-run my numbers to be sure. You need to include the loss of doubleshot due to manyshot and 10k stars.  I think as it currently stands, running a dex-based elf archer with every possible doubleshot bonus still puts you about 5% less total arrows over a 5 minute window than an archer with 10k stars and at least a 40 wisdom, which actually is not that much, considering you get the other benefits of ranger.  if you go much over 40 wis the odds skew even more away from ranger doubleshot build and towards a pally/monk hybrid with elf, aa, and harper enhancements. If something changes and 5-10% more doubleshot than what is currently available I think we will begin to see the decline of the monkcher builds.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
I am playing a pure elf rgr atm, doubleshot at 47% with shadow arrows and 3 doubleshot epic plfs.

57% at lvl 28 with ds destiny feat

What most ppl miss here is that fury is not the best for rangers, not if u wanna be a mob slayer. Fury ranger is only good vs big bosses, then turns into a mediocre partymember.

Divine Crusader Zeal stuff, now that sets ur doubleshot at 97%, decreasing every 3 seconds. Also at lvl 28, with deepwood morale bonus crap, you can achieve over 100% doubleshot with DC Zeal, which means u can shoot 5 arrows (lets say 127-100%= 27% (-1% per 3 sec.) chance for a fifth) while manyshooting.

ofc i admit, monkchers are more flexible, but i doubt the legend about their omg-dps.

Wll experiment with what i just said, coz tbh never tried going more than 11-15 APs in deepwood, maybe there are ways to beef up ur ds more.

EDIT : Miscalculation, u can't get both elf SKILL(in elf tree) and deepwood Killer. But if killer moral bonus (up to 20%) stacks with zeal from DCrusader, it is still possible to reach 124% doubleshot by lvl 28, or 114% by lvl 20 with proper stuff and epic past lives.

Unfortunately this makes elf a bit redundant, as if u dont need elf core tree, then why go elf anyway?  Sad Huh

but in theory reaching higher than 100% DS is possible.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 3:49pm by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Nvm not important carry on
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2015 at 6:04pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Nub
Korthos Resident

Reply #13 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
What about doubleshot focused HOrc 14 ranger/5 barb/1 cleric?

Crit rage or heavy draw?, STR focus rage + DM? (I have no idea on math to put +11 base damage all the time vs slayer arrow; especially given slayer fails due to reload animation)

All your ranged feats + melee option, free heavy armour prof from cleric and evasion option (if you care about that).
Still gets +6 base damage from FE's

IP Logged

Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 10th, 2015 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
still think archers are just to intensive right now. you need very specific builds, a bunch of feats, and specific destinies and twists, plus only like 2 end game bows are worth a shit. and even then with all that you are now only competitive. they really need some help.  Cry

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #15 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Nub wrote on Mar 10th, 2015 at 6:25pm:
What about doubleshot focused HOrc 14 ranger/5 barb/1 cleric?

Crit rage or heavy draw?, STR focus rage + DM? (I have no idea on math to put +11 base damage all the time vs slayer arrow; especially given slayer fails due to reload animation)

All your ranged feats + melee option, free heavy armour prof from cleric and evasion option (if you care about that).
Still gets +6 base damage from FE's

The capstone AA give 20% doubleshot.  I thought about some multiclasses but thought that was too much to give up... along with lvl 18 5% shadow arrows.  If I am not doing the whole fury shot thing, then I figure using heavy draw anyways.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:44am by Kluege »  

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 14th, 2015 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Can someone please explain something to me.  Why try and increase your chance to Double shot when you can Quadruple shot "almost" constantly with Many Shot and 10K Stars (depending on Wisdom 42).

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #17 - Mar 14th, 2015 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Red Sox H8 Yankees wrote on Mar 14th, 2015 at 9:51am:
Can someone please explain something to me.  Why try and increase your chance to Double shot when you can Quadruple shot "almost" constantly with Many Shot and 10K Stars (depending on Wisdom 42).

Suppose 10,000 Stars no longer works with bows? What would you do then?
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2015 at 12:07pm by Arkat »  

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #18 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Interesting side note I noticed when doing this double shot build...  Hit Manyshot and then hit Zeal of the Righteous and it wipes out the Manyshot penalty... along with celestial champion, killer, and a standing double shot of 54%, it stays quite high even with manyshot penalty.  So yeah, you can use both and not worry.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #19 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Mar 14th, 2015 at 12:06pm:
Suppose 10,000 Stars no longer works with bows? What would you do then?

I don't think that'll be how they "balance" 10k stars.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #20 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 31st, 2015 at 10:48pm:
I don't think that'll be how they "balance" 10k stars.

An alternative, I suppose, would be for 10K Stars to share the same 2 minute cooldown as Manyshot, yes?
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2015 at 12:43am by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #21 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 3:01am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 12:42am:
10K Stars to share the same 2 minute cooldown as Manyshot
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2015 at 3:02am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint