Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Stalwart Stance + FotW abilities (Read 1718 times)
Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Stalwart Stance + FotW abilities
Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:59am
Print Post  
At first I thought Primal Scream was broken but then realized (with experimentation) that I have to turn off stalwart stance in order to cast Primal Scream then re-apply stance.

However, I noticed nothing happening when I hit adrenaline.

I had to leave for work so was unable to hop into a quest and test out if disabling stance allowed adrenaline to work.

Was really eager to see how it played out with DoD => Adrenaline => and whatever triggered attack (Improved Sunder/Stunning Fist/Earth4/FoL/GS)

Running a 6Ranger/6Monk/8Fighter with DoD, played surprisingly well with Shadowdancer and got multiple executioner strikes on a number of occasions. 

But, I have more twists to unlock so trying to make some good use out of Fury.  It looks like I'll have to give up the 25 prr/mrr from the stance to get the most I can out of it.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: Stalwart Stance + FotW abilities
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 10:55am
Print Post  
You cannot use adrenaline in stance.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Thanks man!

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
I tried this w/o stance at lunch.  I only have 3 adrenalines atm...once I get Fury Eternal though lol.

At 27 I'll have mah Epic Innocent booties and will run in GM Mountain Stance to get back some of the prr (and lose 10% DS...)

The build already chews through mobs.   I am gonna finish this life out getting martial karma in LD but am pretty excited to get more melee use from Adrenaline on masses of mobs with DoD because it sure as shit doesn't work with Cleaves.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
You are in Fury like 2 years too late.
Unless you are Kotc pally for some Smite funny numbers or Manyshotter with IPS, I'd rather keep the stance.

More saves, hp and prr is more useful for zergage. Just drop the stance for the Adrenaline against Shadovar or some tough orange named.

Also, non wraps melee NOT in heavy armour ? /shrug

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2015 at 2:21pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #5 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Mar 11th, 2015 at 2:18pm:
You are in Fury like 2 years too late.
Unless you are Kotc pally (Havn't played one for years let alone since pass) for some Smite funny numbers or Manyshotter with IPS (Been there done that bought the T-shirt) , I'd rather keep the stance. (I am only using enough of the stance for 25prr/mrr) More saves, hp and prr is more useful for zergage. Just drop the stance for the Adrenaline against Shadovar or some tough orange named.

Also, non wraps melee NOT in heavy armour ? /shrug

I use hand wraps with 3 Monk PLs and lots of PJs on this toon to get a Fighter PL & do some EDs cause they are not capped on this guy and for fun.   
Wanted to find something redeeming out of Fury besides Furyshot.   
I havn't quite made it on to the derp-epeen-FotM-pally-barb-bard-bandwagon.
I enjoy playing the game still and finding synergies that arn't 100% spoon fed derp.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #6 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
See, I applaud "more flavour build can be more fun" sentiment ( I have elf tempest for fuck's sake ), but you always respond in this way.
Would you be happier with worse suggestions ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint