Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Trinkets (Read 14899 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Trinkets
Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
This is a slot I am pretty much ALWAYS lost when trying to fill. It feels pretty damn ignored, honestly.

I've been slotting a Sustaining Symbiot lately and that's ok for lvls 15-20(I do use a lot of weapons with madness that could use suppressing...) I've also got some ok crafted ones.

Then there's Planar Conflux, but since the bonus only comes with CITW weapons I'm not feeling it.

Maybe I just don't know the slot, but I feel like there is precious little that's of much value. I dunno, help a wf out?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

chuky
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Trinkets
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
duskheart from random chest in the sands for low level, free blur.  Mid level is litany from abbot if ur lucky enuff to get one, +1 to all stats. voice of the master trinket from Delera's for 5% xp bonus and +1 luck is good to, normally just slotted in at end of quest for xp bonus.  Upgraded Ioun stones from dreaming dark are good +6 stats at level 5, or archmagi, or 50 absorb.  May have to farm these for your next life, u run the last quest dreamin dark 3 times u get a choice of several of the ioun stones in end rewards, then run again to upgrade.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
I use a crafted Shroud shard of melee alacrity lvl 1-4, delera's trinket with a +1 saves ritual on it from 5-14, and a pale green ioun stone from 15+.

I use the conflux on the one character I have that no longer needs xp, since I really haven't redone her gear since I took a break in Dec 2013.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
I craft whatever, alternate with Nimble, Dusk Heart is nice, and then 20+ is Blasting Chime.  Still haven't found anything to replace that.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2015 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Cove Spyglass. But I tend to play toons that benefit a lot from INT, Search, & Spot.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Litany of the Dead + Epic Litany of the Dead.

p.s. Switch to Cove Spyglass or Voice of the Master/Pale Green Ioun Stone when necessary.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:55am by Sim-Sala-Bim »  

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:25am
Print Post  
trinkets i recall having used on various characters

various ML4 cove trinkets
voice
crafted trinket of good luck +2 (ML7)
blasting chime (Various levels)
shamanic fetish (havent used this one for a while)
pale green ioun stone
shard of xoriat
sustaining symbiont (+beholder plate armor w/ displacement guard)
treasure hunter's spyglass (Various levels)
mysterious bauble
idol of fortune (not much lately)
manual of stealthy pilfering

My secret tip: Blasting Chime ML15 + crafted Healing Lore III

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:54am
Print Post  
Bloodrage symbiont, adamantine ritualed. It is no longer as good as it was when proof vs stuff was immunity vs stuff, but still funny.

Kaelth's touch, DR 5/ evil, undead guard 3d8 good dmg in melee vs undead. Handy for undead quests, otherwise, crap.

Ioun, pale lavender ioun.

Shard of power or craftable trinket with Lore % on it or alacrity for melee/ranged/unarmed.

Or litany / epic litany.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:54am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 11:00am
Print Post  
You wanna know what sucks? I am POSITIVE I had a lvl 20 Epic Treasure Hunter's Spyglass at one point, and now I cannot find that shit ANYWHERE. Checked all my mules. CHecks all my lvl 20s. MAYBE its in the TR cache, but I don't know for sure until I empty the damn thing out. Its incredibly frustrating.

Ok so is Blasting Chime really any good for a melee char? The Sonic Lore/Resonance look fine for a caster, Anthem ok good for a bard(or someone who's already leveled Fatesinger FSFR  Cool ) but I'm wondering if the rest of the effects are worth it.

Actually... that green augment slot looks mighty tempting...

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 11:03am
Print Post  
whats so hard about checking tr cache?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 11:03am:
whats so hard about checking tr cache?

Checked it four, didn't find it, but have missed shit before(its a BIG cache). Have also heard that sometimes the bottom gets "cut off" and sometimes items aren't visible until other items are removed.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Cacophonic is the best guard in the game.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #12 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 11:26am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 11:00am:
Ok so is Blasting Chime really any good for a melee char?

As was said, cacophonic guard is pretty bitchin'. 

Weaken Construct used to speed things up considerably in part one of the Shroud, and is still good for golems and animated objects and crap like that, since it should stack with other fort bypasses.

And yeah, two slots.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I think an Epic Blasting Chime could fill that slot quite nicely. Maybe I'll drop a PRR Sapphire in the slot.

IP Logged

Scrabbit
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
I usually use the blood stone for any melee life.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Scrabbit wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:35pm:

As much love as I have in my heart for the Blood Stone, it's been badly supplanted by modern gear. Deadly/Accuracy items, mostly.

Hey, is Crushing Wave Guard any good? I am toying with throwing a Sapphire of Crushing Wave Guard onto the Blasting Chime.

One of these days I'm going to play a Sword and Board build where I just wear nothing but guard items and keep healing myself Tongue

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
I can't get myself to remove pale green ioun stone even though I have heroic litany. At least until level 27/28.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Scrabbit wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 12:35pm:

Yep.
Unless it's light armour toon with Marilith chain - then it gets replaced with Green Ioun stone.
Vibrant Purple on casters usually.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Dang, does pale green stack with Voice?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #19 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:28pm:
Dang, does pale green stack with Voice?

No, and it's the same slot anyway.

It also does not stack with the augment you can make from voice+threnal cloak.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #20 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
I swap a few things through my trinket slot.  Epic spyglass, PLIS, planar focus(?).  Voice at quest ends if I don't have a master's gift on a toon.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
I use a crushing wave guard, but it should be pretty far down on your list.  In heroics, it would be fantastic... in epics, it's definitely underpowered.  Still amusing when it goes off though.

Voice and green don't stack, no.  Probably worth it to try and get some augments for that.

Hit me up on Khyber in a couple of days if you want to see what fifteen guards is like on a melee.  Great fun, mostly.   Grin

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
I'm thinking....

Epic Blasting Chime, fully Upgraded
Diamond of Vitality +20

...and now not sure what to do in the green slot. I saw a Sapphire on the Mysterious Remnants trader the other day that I got really excited about, but at the moment I cannot for the life of me remember what it was!

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #23 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Oh ye epic blasting chime with sapphire of crushing wave guard in it. You can combine it with Dragontouched disintegrate+corrosive salt guard armor (and no DT is not THAT outdated).
so 2 slots for 4 x 2-3% proc guards (unles crushing waves is indeed 5%, in which case circa 1 in 10 hits on you will trigger an avrg 300-350 dmg).

Unfortunately I gave up on proc guard toon till i get a lot of EPL and IPL for better PRR.

Also FBI, CSI, BDSM and IBS. Cool

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 12th, 2015 at 6:02pm:
Oh ye epic blasting chime with sapphire of crushing wave guard in it. You can combine it with Dragontouched disintegrate+corrosive salt guard armor (and no DT is not THAT outdated).
so 2 slots for 4 x 2-3% proc guards (unles crushing waves is indeed 5%, in which case circa 1 in 10 hits on you will trigger an avrg 300-350 dmg).

Unfortunately I gave up on proc guard toon till i get a lot of EPL and IPL for better PRR.

Also FBI, CSI, BDSM and IBS. Cool

I think you forgot NSA, FDA, CTI, and WMI, respectively.

But seriously, is crushing wave really that good? I'm hearing other folks say its lame in later epic-levels.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint