Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Yellow Dopant (Read 5319 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Yellow Dopant
Mar 13th, 2015 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
This has been asked approximately ten hundred billion times, but I don't recall...

Does the yellow dopant ALWAYS return an Essence of Cleansing? (assuming, obviously, the item was "cleansed" in the first place)

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Re: Yellow Dopant
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
I used one once and got back some random horse shit that I had tons of already (Smalls/Med/and blank mats)

No Shards, No Large Ing, No Cleansing Stone.

« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2015 at 1:09pm by Mokune »  

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
I got random amounts of crap back and an essence when I did mine awhile back (supposed to be 100%).
Check other forums, thought I read something awhile back about something bugged with it. Could be thinking of something else though.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
I have had the cleansing stone returned both times I've deconned a cleansed item.

This was a couple of years ago, though, and past performance may not indicate future success.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2015 at 2:41am
Print Post  
There are TWO recipes when you place the GS in with a dopant

One returns the Cleansing stone

One returns the materials used to create the item. (Roughly 2/3s of each tier, No shards are returned)

You do not get both..
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2015 at 2:42am by Vendui »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2015 at 4:36am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Mar 14th, 2015 at 2:41am:
There are TWO recipes when you place the GS in with a dopant

One returns the Cleansing stone

One returns the materials used to create the item. (Roughly 2/3s of each tier, No shards are returned)

You do not get both..

Yes, this particular one is a "not turbine side" problem. It is pppl lazy to read stuff. Roll Eyes

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
As it turned out, the item I was plotting to decon hadn't even been cleansed, so... yeah, not even gonna bother Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 1:36pm:
As it turned out, the item I was plotting to decon hadn't even been cleansed, so... yeah, not even gonna bother Tongue

If it's a Tier 3, double shard item, you should still be able to get the cleansing stone recipe....
ok that's really old memories... yellow dopant drop rate is so retarded that I don't have deconstructed anything since it hit live... YD should be a 100K ingrdient at a vendor... as a plat sink...  but that's Turbine we are dealing with.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
I've pulled a ton of them just from chests, but there was also a point where I was shrouding every single day(I had 5 characters flagged and was not shy about timer bypasses).

But I've never deconed a tier-3 item, just one tier2 that I fucked up and a second tier 2 that was stupid(who the fuck needs a double-pos great crossbow?) both times I wanted the signet stone back far more than I wanted to run coal again...

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #9 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
The yellow dopant is WORTHLESS because it doesn't return shards. The ingredients returned are trivial to obtain.

WORTHLESS.

W
O
R
T
H
L
E
S
S

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 6:36pm:
The yellow dopant is WORTHLESS because it doesn't return shards. The ingredients returned are trivial to obtain.

WORTHLESS.

W
O
R
T
H
L
E
S
S

I'm not gonna lie, its tough to disagree with your logic and formatting.

There was a time what shards were trivial to obtain. There was a time when walking out of the shroud with a full set of shards was a thing. There was a time when I didn't have 9 Supremes, 2 regulars, and have not scene a single greater drop in 8 runs. There were times.

These times are not now.

Now, shards are the hardest to get.

I will say, though, that'd I'd still rather decon an item for the signet stone than play that fucking spider quest again!!

IP Logged

TornadoJoe
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 7:14pm:
play that fucking spider quest again!!

That's the quest you hate? Fuck CC and all that Mario bullshit...

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
heh, let someone w duped sigstones to make blank for u

and sleeping dust is PoC - one of quests which are easiest on elite

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #13 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
You can always dip into your infinite plat to have a noob craft a GS blank for you...thereby skipping any Vale quest stone farm. And of course either you have tons of duped ingredients or infinite plat to buy them.

Therefore all GS items you make are essentially free, minus your time running Shroud for the fkn shards.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #14 - Mar 17th, 2015 at 4:26am
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 8:26pm:
and sleeping dust is PoC - one of quests which are easiest on elite

Yes, even if you do a speed run... just go Elite, it's easier.

The thing behind that is : Spiders have more HP, so they have a lower tendency to die.

They should have reversed difficulties for that quest : Normal = Elite, Elite = Normal.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Mar 17th, 2015 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
TornadoJoe wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 7:44pm:
That's the quest you hate? Fuck CC and all that Mario bullshit...

I'm not a fan of Coal but I also never failed a quest from falling off a ledge...

Oh, incidentally: at the same time they fixed the jump in dust, they added additional jets to make Coal significantly easier and shorter.

The sheer level of what-the-fuckery here is incalculable! Take the two stupidest quests in the entire game, make one much easier and one much harder!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Mar 17th, 2015 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 8:26pm:
heh, let someone w duped sigstones to make blank for u

I didn't get greedy with my duping but I've definitely got enough stones to not worry for a long long while. And enough HONESTLY-farmed stuff, too Tongue Not to mention a bank full of finished items... lol

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #17 - Mar 17th, 2015 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 17th, 2015 at 5:25pm:
I didn't get greedy with my duping

Right. Because it's no longer descriptive to call 5k stones per toon, "greedy." It's more like forgetting to turn off the money shower before vacation, and coming back to find your house collapsed under the weight.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 17th, 2015 at 8:34pm:
Right. Because it's no longer descriptive to call 5k stones per toon, "greedy." It's more like forgetting to turn off the money shower before vacation, and coming back to find your house collapsed under the weight.

I only made... 24.

I feel so much less awesome in comparison.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint