Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New Rogue Mechanic Proposal By Sev (Read 17542 times)
Lehane
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: New Rogue Mechanic Proposal By Sev
Reply #25 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 9:24am
Print Post  
is the 18 for core really worth it? Halfling already gives you the range and shuri throwers is all about number of hits and procs, not an additional 1d2 Tongue (hyperbole low number but you know)

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #26 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Lehane wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 9:24am:
is the 18 for core really worth it? Halfling already gives you the range and shuri throwers is all about number of hits and procs, not an additional 1d2  (hyperbole low number but you know)

Now that halflings is fixed to actually, you know, work. I see no reason to need the 18 core. 13 rogue (10 for imp eva, 13 for opportunist/+1d6 SA) 3 monk (ninja core 2) ranger 4..  If you don't mind the 10% less fort bypass, drop a rogue, pick up a ranger for DoD at earlier levels (around 16 for throwers [cormyrian])

id do rogue/rangerx4/rogue9/monk3//rogue3 for the leveling, just to pick up all the free feats from ranger first. Improved evasion by 14, ninja core 3 by 17. 3 rogue on the end, just to cover any skills missed during the 15-17 range.

~note: Ranger is for Sniper shot mostly. drop a rogue/pick up a ranger for slayer if yah want.. Tongue
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2015 at 10:01am by Vendui »  

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #27 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
Mechanical Reloader: You reload repeating crossbows 20% faster, draw thrown weapons 20% faster, and reload non-repeating crossbows 40% faster.

This is pretty interesting. There's cap that is tied to BaB on thrown speed (ty notharhar). But. Quick Draw gets more throws by speeding up the reload, so it will be interesting to see if we can squeeze more throws per minute with something else working on the reload time.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #28 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 11:18am:
This is pretty interesting. There's cap that is tied to BaB on thrown speed (ty notharhar). But. Quick Draw gets more throws by speeding up the reload, so it will be interesting to see if we can squeeze more throws per minute with something else working on the reload time.

Shit.. i dint even see that. Currently we are still limited on throws/minute due to reload. Sure all the alacrity increases the toss time, but with nothing affecting reload (save for quick draw), we can only go so fast.. If this new enhancment works hand in hand with quickdraw, we would be able to further expand the range of throws..  (This probably makes no sense.. I should try to sleep again.. Tongue)

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #29 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Jon Van Caneghem wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 11:37am:
just cos you suck in ddo that doesnt mean that everyone else sucks too

Yeah, cause stealing aggro from the designated tank was always the cool thing to do and showed just how great you were at DDO.

Very impressive.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #30 - Mar 16th, 2015 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 5:27pm:
Yeah, cause stealing aggro from the designated tank was always the cool thing to do and showed just how great you were at DDO.

Very impressive.

Not to mention that even an arti in an EE pug can sometimes steal aggro. Doesn't mean shit about your DPS. More likely it says your "tank" was trying to hold aggro without intimidating, or using hate boosters.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #31 - Mar 17th, 2015 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 9:03pm:
Not to mention that even an arti in an EE pug can sometimes steal aggro. Doesn't mean shit about your DPS. More likely it says your "tank" was trying to hold aggro without intimidating, or using hate boosters.

I have never used intimidate as a tank..

I cant say i havnt used hate boost.. Mountain stance ftw Tongue

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Mar 17th, 2015 at 3:28am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 7:21am:
So probably 18 rogue, 2 arti, unless they make a good capstone.

Not for me, go 18 rogue 2 swash pick up the 30%double shot boosts along with other tasty bardness like +5% dodge, +1 enhancement to weapon, +1 reflex, +1 max dex armor, and blow by blow ranged +3 crit range and 3d6 sonic with 300% threat reduction.

Yes those all work without being in swashbuckling stance.

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #33 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 16th, 2015 at 5:27pm:

Very impressive.   

I create my own end game.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #34 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Does Lethality (18 Assassin core) work with ranged?

Lethality: Any sneak attack that also counts as a vorpal strike (attack roll of 20 followed by critical confirmation) that you make will kill most living targets.

Because the proposed change includes:
Sniper: ...Great crossbows now Vorpal on a 19-20.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Sorry to say lethality is shit past 20.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #36 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 12:40am
Print Post  
"Attack roll of 20 followed by critical confirmation," even though it began as an explanation of what Vorpal is, now seems to be operating differently than "Vorpal."

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 12:59am
Print Post  
could you expand on that?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #38 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Mar 24th, 2015 at 12:59am:
could you expand on that?

Seems, as I haven't tested enough to confirm. On Lama, I noticed some items were not working with Perfect SWF. They procced on 20, but not 19. I tested enough to develop the theory that items described as "vorpal" procced on 19-20, but some items/effects don't say vorpal; they say [sic] "On a roll of 20, followed by a crit. confirm." Those only procced on 20, with or without PSWF.

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: New Rogue Mechanic Proposal By Sev -- updated info
Reply #39 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457246-Rogue-Mechanic-(and-Traps)-Prop...

Quote:
I am behind on this thread and will be catching up in the next couple of days. We want to go through all the feedback, but I wanted to update you on what we've been working on.

We all know that crossbows in general are just clunky to use. We became increasingly dissatisfied with a Mechanic pass that used crossbows. Not only do they have an awkward two click firing process, but the current animation scripts are killing attempts to queue activated effects like Leg Shot. The reload portion is also not affected by ranged alacrity.

We ripped apart the system and re-implemented the animation scripts for firing crossbows. When this hits Lamannia you will see that crossbows now fire and reload all in one action, somewhat like bows. Each click fires one bolt and reloads for normal crossbows, and fires three bolts and reloads for repeaters. Ranged alacrity now speeds up the entire animation; shooting and reloading. Activated attacks like Leg Shot now queue properly and aren't simply lost as the ability goes on cooldown. And yes Endless Fusilade still works. That took a lot of time to fit into the new system.

What does this mean?

Crossbows of all types got a DPS boost because the feats and abilities that currently boost ranged alacrity now work correctly on the whole animation and the number of bolts fired is higher. This also means that repeaters can use Leg Shot reliably and since all three shots from that volley get the increased damage it is very effective.

All this means that Mechanics that use repeaters on our internal builds are too good and we will have to do another pass on it to tone it down.

We are essentially starting our balancing tests from scratch and we will be very interested in Lamannia feedback.

<Snip changes since it will probably be better to post them all at once after our testing.>

~ As an aside, Artificers that use crossbows will see an increased rate of fire.

As I said, I apologize for the late changes but our fixes to crossbow animations are requiring us to essentially start balancing the tree from scratch.

Sev~

Interesting.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #40 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 1:12am
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Mar 24th, 2015 at 11:59pm:
When this hits Lamannia you will see that crossbows now fire and reload all in one action, somewhat like bows. Each click fires one bolt and reloads for normal crossbows, and fires three bolts and reloads for repeaters. Ranged alacrity now speeds up the entire animation; shooting and reloading. Activated attacks like Leg Shot now queue properly and aren't simply lost as the ability goes on cooldown. And yes Endless Fusilade still works. That took a lot of time to fit into the new system.

Good God. The entire world just changed for Artificers. If this works, it almost doesn't matter that traps are still utter shit, and Harper is better than either of their own trees. This is even better than when they changed the conjured bolts stack from 100 to 1000.

TractorsareEpic wrote on Mar 24th, 2015 at 11:59pm:
All this means that Mechanics that use repeaters on our internal builds are too good and we will have to do another pass on it to tone it down.

For once, I think he's actually right, if they are actually competent in the changes. That reload animation is huge.

Not sure I'll even miss being able to cast some spells with effectively zero casting time, when cast at the right point during the reload animation....

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #41 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:44am
Print Post  
A dip into mech for improved traps was sweet before proposed changes.

With 100+ DC on Hold Person, Web, Glitterdust etc it was great...

Now should be the tits for some play styles with new trap levels and damage...

OFC it's not OP like bard/pally/mydick but a much needed bump.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #42 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
I read the first 16 pages of that thread through… These last 3 are relatively new posts.

I am frankly stunned that anyone on the Dev team read, let alone understood, the posts about the reload animation issue with crossbows.

The fact they are actually DOING something about is nigh unbelievable.

Probably due to one of the staffers playing an Arty on live, can't recall who...

So stealth buff to Artys and Mechanics for a while, and Great Xbows are still the red-headed step-child of ranged weapons (nobody is gonna use plain old Crossbows ever, so forget they exist) but it's a huge step in the right direction (huge for Turbine, anyway.)

Never used traps, so I can't comment either way...

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #43 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:44am:
OFC it's not OP like bard/pally/mydick but a much needed bump.

can you post that build?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #44 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
"All this means that Mechanics that use repeaters on our internal builds are too good and we will have to do another pass on it to tone it down."

Translation:  we'll still release it the way it is now and won't change it until the forumtards foam at the mouth screaming for nerfs

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #45 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes. The fixes are meant to work on activated attacks in general.

Sev~

This thing... it is good.

(assuming it works)

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #46 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 12:49pm:
This thing... it is good.

(assuming it works)

Tall order, considering they still haven't fixed Quicken. Or spells/abilities/potions that don't work, but trigger the cooldown anyway.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
yup

IP Logged

Fatty Mcgee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
From Cuntovan:

I did want to clarify the Critical threat range increase. This is an erroneous release note, and will be removed in future iterations of the release notes. This ended up not being implemented, but made it into the release notes.

Thanks for the rest; I'll look more into it when time permits.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #49 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 7:58pm:
Tall order, considering they still haven't fixed Quicken.

what's wrong with Quicken now?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint