Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Attempted account suicide using Sev? (Read 4243 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Attempted account suicide using Sev?
Mar 20th, 2015 at 2:55am
Print Post  
Like watching a guy with a knife charge a fat sheriff with his gun out and aimed, just more fun.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457466-Welcome-to-DDO!-where-the-words...
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2015 at 2:56am by Grand »  

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Attempted account suicide using Sev?
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 3:34am
Print Post  
I like this guy's Chutzpah!

Barney....   Smiley

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Most of the time he's is such a whiney pally, but lately pretty funny stuff.

Best part is that he did a edit on it, at first he called the Hypothetical guy ... Cutter  I just pissed myself but he changed it. Sever = Cut

I gotta start saving the funny crap from over there before it gets sterilized!

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 4:07am
Print Post  
I don't know about his other posts, but his Bard post was funny and this is right on point.

Glad he mentioned the "our data shows" - that was brilliant.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 4:08am
Print Post  
Yeah but it's only a level 14 spell  Grin

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:47am
Print Post  
I'm surprised he/she hasn't addressed the comment of Sev's calling all the power gamers "overachievers" in one of the previous ddocast's...

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
don't think the jaggyjag alt is going to last long.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
We been saying that for a couple weeks now, fucked if I know how he threads the needle. I agree that he is a bit of a pally most of the time, but he is not fanboi blind enough in his posts to get the protection that way. Mabe he is blowing Cordo? worked for Meli.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #8 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:00pm:
We been saying that for a couple weeks now, fucked if I know how he threads the needle.

he's not threading shit.  he's flaming out like he wants a vacation..  he'll get one soon.   Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:05pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Thread is closed and you can't send PM's to Jaggy, guessing he finally caught that bullet he was looking for!

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 4:52am
Print Post  
He was overperforming.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #11 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 7:49am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Mar 21st, 2015 at 3:20am:
Thread is closed and you can't send PM's to Jaggy, guessing he finally caught that bullet he was looking for!

Wow, you can't give him reputation either. I was hoping to egg him on and tweek "cutter's" nose in one fell swoop, but they blocked that.

If only they fixed bugs with that degree of alacrity and thoroughness Sad

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 11:22am
Print Post  
In case of Cube.

Quote:
Are you angry about being left behind the Class arms race?
or do you hate the mythical "easy button"?

Normally feeling one of those would put you at odds with anyone who feels the other... But here in DDO land we have a new solution cleverly designed to make both of those camps feel warm inside!

It's called "OVER PERFORMING" and it is a amazing bit of word-wizardry!

See in months gone by so many fantastic and divisive things have become part of DDO land, things that divide the community and make it hard for a games publisher to find the right path without alienating one side or the other.

Confused? well here is a example to help explain! Holy sword is a hot little bugger of a topic and spell, Some people bloody love it and its sweet sweet Crit mods, while others think it is the spawn of satan, a spell that makes it too easy for players to achieve the level of DPS only a dedicated builder should have.

What to do? what to do? if the developers roll it back it will upset lots of players who enjoy it and insist loudly that they should be able to have it. But if the Developers don't do anything? well that upsets lots of players who think it is too OP and that it is a horrible "easy button" cheapening their virtual Heroics! And it's not just Holy sword, its bards, or Barb healing, or ice spinning, or any other laaaaaarge number of issues...

Quite a quandary eh? how can they keep everyone happy? To choose one way or another is to risk the wrath of bruised egos in both camps!! Just weeks ago it all seemed doomed to end in tears.... sob sob...

But then some mighty Spin-Sorcerer came up with a amazing new incantation to defuse the ticking time bombs! perhaps you have seen it beginning to pop up all over the forums in recent weeks? it is a amazing term, a term called "Over performing'!!!

By slyly suggesting some contentious issue or mechanic is "Over Performing" the wily Developer is able to stake out territory in the middle of the field of battle! It's simplicity is staggering in it's effect on the disputes, and no I'm not exaggerating.

When a hypothetical developer.... let's call him ... say... Barney, when Barney addresses something like holy sword he can say that while they are no plans to nerf or remove it they are aware that it may be "Over Performing", or even say that the developers are noticing that Holy sword can "Over Perform" in situations.....

This is brilliant, and I mean really BRILLIANT Word-wizardry on Barney's part, because while he is in the first case assuring the people who like it that he isn't changing it, he is at the very same time giving a knowing nod and wink to the other camp, beautifully conveying that he knows it is to easy for "real gamers" implying that really something will have to be done about it, without saying it will!

With the judicious use of the magic term "Over Performing" Barney really says nothing and promises nothing while at the same time Soothing both camps egos and re-enforcing their tightly held preconceptions and prejudices all while not actually indicating that anything concrete will be done!!

MAGIC!

Now this isn't the first Word-wizardy we have seen emerge in the Land of DDO this year but it is the most shockingly effective at stalling back and baffling the assorted camps of the land. A earlier incantation called the "Our Data" spell was fairly effective at shutting down opposition and dubious posters that didn't agree with the Development team, but really that was ML 14-16 spell casting at best, while the new "Over Performing" spell? it's bloody Epic stuff!

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
The issue does not look to die quietly, looking for another lock anytime....

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457522-Why-was-the-overperforming-thre...

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
OP:

Quote:
Hey Cordovan, why was the thread closed? there is no reason given.  I ask because it was a great thread that I was enjoying and was interested in the discussion. Sort of a new kind of light hearted approach to a something that has been happening too much with out all the normal Nerd-rage.

I understand you have to shut down threads sometimes, but you should really post the reason so people who were following it and part of it can know what Turbine thought the problem was.

For future reference.

I give this whole thing a 4/10... the boards were MUCH more entertaining when all the duping was happening.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2015 at 3:10pm by omgspiderz »  

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint