Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) just saw these first Look new Loot for u25 threads (Read 21488 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: just saw these first Look new Loot for u25 threads
Reply #25 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Im just wondering couple things, first why d fk would you use a worse weapon at 28 then what you currently use?
I mean those weapons are not even swap ins with current proposal.
2nd, who d fk is making those items?
Th forged being same level and still better damage, what is the point of this system from this  proposal?

And i bet crit profiles and multis will suck.

Anyways, now that i scratched weapons, hope they make rest ok.

Why would you use those weapons in heroics?
carnifex til sos is just such a simple way to gear yourself and then maybe swap to necro weaps or gsteel and later alchemical.
We alrdy have gear at those levels and at epic it just does nothing.

Imo they should make of temple what they did with ffens, specific set items with fucking unique cool stuff so that people want to run that shit and get set pieces, thats how you make content live longer, not by throwing weapons that we all know will be replaced by epic gsteel n shit.
I mean srsly, they always get fucktards when it comes to loot, even i could make more interesting loot that people want to get.
It does not need to "overperfom", it just needs to be interesting and unique and add something that players want.
ANd i bet everyone wants a undead beater dagger with assasination on it.. sigh

The last loot in ddo that was interesting were citw weapons, but they were tied to a apsolutely horrifuckingbad raid.
So, should i hope the quest is fun if the loot is garbage?
(opinion might change if the fucktard gets his act together, from what is seen from sev, he has no fucking clue what this dude is doing with loot)
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2015 at 5:33am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Mar 21st, 2015 at 6:13am
Print Post  
Personally, I'd move that forward to Druid's Deep with Gianthold and King's Road beginning to show off the accelerated powercreep that ended up killing the game.

With content release at the rate they go, you'd think they'd consider the obsolescence of content to be a Bad Idea. Oh well.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #27 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 2:38am
Print Post  
The problem they have is that if TF is eclipsed in future, then all TF crafting  becomes less useful as people will stop running the raid and the grind to build a T3 will become impossible.  Shroud worked because the GS gear was still relevant at cap, so peeps ran it.

The other side of the problem they have is for those of us with T3 gear, there isn't that much attractive about it.

So it is for the casual players, because most raiders have their gear.

They're boxed in.
I think Lelouch is right, they need to make some niche stuff (better than rangen), but equivalent of TF at T1/2 only.
They still face the problem of getting current players to run it.
They need to out some rare good stuff in there like Jack Jibber's blade.

They should position this as lvl 30 content if they're serious about raising lvl cap.  Then you could make it harder to complete and better gear.

Rather than obsoleting stuff completely, they should have some best in slot gear come from some areas.  Things like casters sticks, orbs and rings from one area, weapons, shields and armor from another and general gear somewhere else.  I believe it would help to keep each area relevant longer.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #28 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Another huge problem with TF gear is that it invalidated every possible non-TF caster stick ML24 and above. Which means almost no treasure chest is even worth opening, for a caster, including some end chests.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #29 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
What i did in sorc etrs is twilight til 24 then 1hander thforged and a citw 1 hander for set til 26.
And it costs nothing to get 150 spellpower.
They should had as i said back then scale spellpower with tiers.
Like 100 at 24 130 at 26 and 150 at 28.
But hey they know better then someone actually playing ddo.
Wish i could design loot for this update heh

IP Logged

omgspiderz
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
People don't seem to be taking account with TOEE is that WOTC is pressuring them to match a release date w- Neverwinter + WOTC's own release of revised TOEE content..  so.. making anything 30+ before level cap has actually been released.....

ah fuck it, blame Turbine. lol.

But also.. I mean.. what would you guys do in stead of crappy loot designers..
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2015 at 2:16pm by omgspiderz »  

(Party:): Your party member, Wickedpippi, has died.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #31 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
omgspiderz wrote on Mar 22nd, 2015 at 2:14pm:
I think one people don't seem to be taking account with TOEE is that WOTC is pressuring them to match a release date w- Neverwinter + WOTC's own release of revised TOEE content..  so.. making anything 30+ before level cap has actually been released.....

Seriously.  There is NO WAY Turbine could POSSIBLY have known that they had to match someone else's release date and that they'd have to budget development resources accordingly.

omgspiderz wrote on Mar 22nd, 2015 at 2:14pm:
ah fuck it, blame Turbine. lol.

Yes.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #32 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 22nd, 2015 at 3:22am:
Another huge problem with TF gear is that it invalidated every possible non-TF caster stick ML24 and above. Which means almost no treasure chest is even worth opening, for a caster, including some end chests.

That's a very good example.
I like opening chests on my Sorc to see how many suits of Planeforged half plate and docents I can collect in a session....    Grin

TL : DR - Turdbine need a longer term loot/game plan to help avoid all these loot mistakes.

IMHO, there are several problems that are evident.
There is no strategy or plan for loot (or the game).
Even with changing devs, a strategy would help to keep the holistic themes consistent.  You could plan what sort of items you will have and their place in the broader system.  With this approach you could pre-select what each release/area is going to have as a niche that will draw interest.

What we have is a loose collection of unrelated crap that syncs together poorly.
With a strategic framework, you have the core logic sorted and can focus more on balancing.
Next problem - devs don't know enough about the game to understand what is actually good.  There is no point in making named loot that no-one wants. It is simply a waste of resources.
So the balance is that not everything can be uber, so some things need to be more niche.  There are plenty of niche opportunities in DDO - so many races/classes and then the builds.
Be familiar with the builds and put one or two useful items in the right slots.
To me the beauty of PnP DnD is having to make choices.  Having multiple options and trade-offs.  I can have that, but it means I can't have that.  In DDO, between items, enhancements and ED's you can be virtually invulnerable.  We've reached the point in the mungbean campaign where the GM can no longer challenge the player group (or more accurately the gap between the vets and newbs is so great that balancing content is very difficult).  DDO needs to restore that difficult decision around what to equip by having choices, but nothing that is perfect.

Next problem - level ranges.  Understand the relevant useful ranges of named loot.  Use the player resources and PC to understand this.  Get a community database like DDO wiki to do it for you and keep it maintained - players are dedicated enough to do this.
If they understand this, they don't create a ridiculous grind item that are only useful for 1-2 levels (eg. CITW weaps).

Revise older Epic content.  CITW is dead, acknowledge it and do something about it so it is not wasted.  Go back and change something about it, so all that content is no longer irrelevant.
Drop the level range so it is valid 23-26?  New versions of the weaps?  Make the insightful +3 stat trinkets bindable to other weapons, so they stay useful?  I don't have the answer, but at least look for ideas.

I look at the recent Epic stuff like e3BC and the eMadness content and it looks haphazard.  Most of the stuff has no real place.  E3BC was supposed to support the release of Swashbucklers - do Swashy builds use that gear or is it just flavour gear?  I find the boots useful in Double Dragon raid, but that's about it

HH and eNecro have some themes and useful items that players do chase down, but how do they stop HH becoming dead content too?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #33 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
CosmicCharlie wrote on Mar 21st, 2015 at 3:32am:
No, there is a named item in Shadow Crypt

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Phase_Hammer

no wonder I've never seen it.  I never go for the optional chest anymore.

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #34 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 20th, 2015 at 10:33pm:
people with displacement clickies.

yeah yeah the GS clickies are convenient but I meant equipped items.  you have GS items or weapons equipped at 28?

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #35 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Mar 23rd, 2015 at 12:48pm:
yeah yeah the GS clickies are convenient but I meant equipped items.  you have GS items or weapons equipped at 28?

Conc Op w/SP and Cha Skills is last to go for me.  I only replace it if there is a clear best in slot that can't be equipped or augment slotted elsewhere.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #36 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 7:02am
Print Post  
Oh and Cannith Crafted +1 Ghost touch Greater Incorporeal Bane weapons with Masterful Craftsmanship are ml 6 and useful for many levels and 82 Arcane is highest you need.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Mar 23rd, 2015 at 12:48pm:

balance land and sky, Spell Points with charisma, wisdom or int skills. depending on build there isnt really many better options on cloaks, belts, necklaces or goggles.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #38 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Remember where we are.. this is the place for people to bitch, down-play, and generally nay-say anything & everything.. I would say 90% of the people who post have builds that are utterly equipment dependent for even the slightest hint of survivability. As far as they are concerned, if its not ML28, it's not worth wearing. I've kind of got a soft spot in my heart for Concordant with SP.

Rubbinns wrote on Mar 24th, 2015 at 8:42am:
balance land and sky, Spell Points with charisma, wisdom or int skills. depending on build there isnt really many better options on cloaks, belts, necklaces or goggles.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #39 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Spell Points with charisma, wisdom or int skills.

meh meh meh meh meh.  swappable if you need every last +1.  I generally don't after 20.

depending on build there isnt really many better options on cloaks, belts, necklaces or goggles.

I usually stow my goggles and belts by 20 too.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #40 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Triple Neg Cloak on every toon that has the stuff to make one (re: shards) Still useful as a swap in at Lvl 28.

Con-Op +45 HP Necklace w/ Exceptional (Insight now I guess) CON and STR skills (for Jump and Concentration.) Because more HP is MOAR.

AS to the OP… More bastard sword options are always welcome, even if they're shite.

I will be crafting/grinding precisely nothing from this quest/ pack.

However, if that Horseshoe Crab shield looks anything like I hope… There's a Mirror of Glamering with it's name written all over it.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2015 at 12:45pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #41 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 12:44pm:
However, if that Horseshoe Crab shield looks anything like I hope… There's a Mirror of Glamering with it's name written all over it.  Cheesy

It would be sweet if it looked anything like that mindsunder bug hat.  big gross crab for a shield?  yes please.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #42 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 12:44pm:
Triple Neg Cloak on every toon that has the stuff to make one (re: shards) Still useful as a swap in at Lvl 28.

what do you put on the cloak?  HP & SP?  or?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #43 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 1:00pm:

Neither. Triple Neg gives you immunities to blindness, fear, poison, disease at the first two tiers and then a chance at a Harm or Destruction on being hit at tier 3 I believe.

Edited:
Yeah, Slay Living Guard. I forgot. I also forgot it gives Deathblock. Thanks Metal-Beast.
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2015 at 1:23pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #44 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 1:00pm:

Nothing… iirc.

It's all the resists: Deathblock, Blindness Immunity, Fear Immunity (being Feared sucks it in Vol)

+6 Resists to Disease and Poison (not a big thing, but whatever.)

Symbol of Weakness clickie and Slay-Living Guard as throw-ins.

Edit: Had to go review the planner to see all the stuff  Grin

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #45 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 1:20pm:
Nothing… iirc.

It's all the resists: Deathblock, Blindness Immunity, Fear Immunity (being Feared sucks it in Vol)

+6 Resists to Disease and Poison (not a big thing, but whatever.)

Symbol of Weakness clickie and Slay-Living Guard as throw-ins.

Edit: Had to go review the planner to see all the stuff  Grin

True.. but all those fucking quells rates right up there with the blindness they spam.. its fucking maddening.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #46 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 2:44pm:
True.. but all those fucking quells rates right up there with the blindness they spam.. its fucking maddening.

I believe we're all agreed that in EE, Blindness or Fear are truly Gayness in the Anus®.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #47 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 1:19pm:
Neither. Triple Neg gives you immunities to blindness, fear, poison, disease at the first two tiers and then a chance at a Harm or Destruction on being hit at tier 3 I believe.

Edited:
Yeah, Slay Living Guard. I forgot. I also forgot it gives Deathblock. Thanks Metal-Beast.

meh I have multitudinous augments for all that stuff but the guard which I can't imagine is worth a shit in epics.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #48 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:21pm:
meh I have multitudinous augments for all that stuff but the guard which I can't imagine is worth a shit in epics.

The Guard ain't worth a cunt-suck in Heroics either. LOL

Guards in general blow dead bears for quarters and give change. Anything that requires you to get hit to proc is just ridiculous.

But again, it's a throw in effect. If something procs off it and dies, great. If not, that's just one more thing I'll spend a few seconds beating on before continuing.

But at least for me, consolidating all those effects on ONE slot that's usually dead is golden. Especially if I don't have slotted gear spread around to compensate for it.

YMMV of course.

BTW: Does anyone have eyes on that ToEE gear yet? That Horseshoe Crab shield is calling my name in a sweet Siren Song...

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #49 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:31pm:
The Guard ain't worth a cunt-suck in Heroics either.

That's not true. It's always worth one or two spiders in Dust.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint