Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Planetary Annihilation (Read 154 times)
Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Planetary Annihilation
Mar 28th, 2015 at 10:12am
Print Post  
http://www.uberent.com/pa/

Wondering how this is.  Looks like something I may get into playing but reading about troubles at the start, wondering if any has tried it yet and if it would be worth it.

Just got SupCom and SupCom Forged Alliance in the Steam package so I'll be going through them a bit.  Gas Powered is no longer but FA has a non-official updating and mod/server scene called FA Forever so I'm going to be playing that for a bit, but Planetary Annihilation looks like it has more what I'm looking for in a RTS.

Course, when GTA 5 actually gets released for PC, now April 14(hopefully this is the last time it gets moved back,) it won't matter too much but until them I'm still looking for some kind of filler game.  GTA games typically last me a few months before I get bored so I'll end up back looking for a game to play again, maybe Planetary Annihilation will be smoothed and functional by then.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: Planetary Annihilation
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
The bots are fucking insane.  If you don't have real players to play and learn with don't bother.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 28th, 2015 at 5:04pm:
The bots are fucking insane.  If you don't have real players to play and learn with don't bother.

So, I don't quite understand.

You mean automated bots?  Why would anyone bother with that for a game like this?  Do you have to farm to upgrade shit in this game?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
By bots, I meant the games built in AI players.

I bought the game because a few friends and I get together for Lan's every couple of months and some of them like rts games.

After buying it I played a few rounds against the AI to try to learn a bit about the game. The AI competitors are godlike.

You will not win games against the AI, you'll struggle to even get a good feeling for whats good before they beat you by making some sort of gravity gun that hurls another planet directly into yours.

If you're playing it with multi player in mind, then it's not a problem.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2015 at 6:25pm by Munkenmo »  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
That said, this game allows you to build enough thrusters on a planet then use said planet as a weapon.

How fucking cool is that?!

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Ok, I thought the AI would be typical RTS AI and the human would be harder.

I had thought about playing against other humans since my experience with AI is it sucks.

So then, the AI cheats or is just really good?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint