Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Mechanics = backpedal = fucked waiters (Read 3789 times)
Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Mechanics = backpedal = fucked waiters
Apr 1st, 2015 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Well last time I take a break for two days.

They pulled the threat range buff, and than Fat Jerry claimed it was never there..... in spite of it right there in Sev's proposal and numerous after posts.

And then they just nuked the ranged alacrity back down to 10% and 20%.

Fucking retards, fucking retarded liars, fucking retarded liars pretending that they never did it.

When? when will the devs actually play this fucking game?

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Re: Mechanics = backpedal = fucked waiters
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 2:28pm:
When? when will the devs actually play this fucking game?

They think they do play the game, which when considered in the context of their mindset of "we're experts and all the players are idiots who just don't understand the unique environment of Turbine Development to which no other industry experience or best practices apply'' means that they think they're super awesome at the game.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
I'm not playing or too regularly following development but from my understanding they have completely retooled the xbow animation and process.

Have you tested that on Lama? They said it was very powerful with how it interests now with old mechanisms like feats and enhancements. Specifically, that alacrity now applies to 100% of the animation, making all sources of ranged/loading alacrity operate at 200% their previous values.

Do the math on that for a second.

*I have tested nothing, and this is just what I gathered from Dev posts on the topic and basic reasoning

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
What cocksuckers...

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 3:15pm:
I'm not playing or too regularly following development but from my understanding they have completely retooled the xbow animation and process.

Have you tested that on Lama? They said it was very powerful with how it interests now with old mechanisms like feats and enhancements. Specifically, that alacrity now applies to 100% of the animation, making all sources of ranged/loading alacrity operate at 200% their previous values.

*I have tested nothing, and this is just what I gathered from Dev posts on the topic and basic reasoning

Are you retarded ?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Are you retarded ?

*   <-anus

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #6 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 3:15pm:

I haven't done any math on it but the X-Bow animations are much improved (shorter) and I'm definitely getting a bunch more shots off than I used to.

It was definitely a BIG change for the  better for X-Bow users.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
I think I get what happened, but the title of this thread is odd.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Repeaters will be the first meta FOTM build. It is a description of seeing the same build everywhere.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 2:30am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Yeah they did work on the animation, keep in mind that was fixing the bugged animation not improving it.

But because that actually worked they took away the primary buff to the class which was +1 threat range and multipier and made it just at the multiplier. meaning a 14 level pally makes a better Mechanic, now.   And yes I have done the testing, I have lived in there on lamma and it is great for character who wants to use a repeater except the Mechanic.

Whats worse is not only did they pull the threat range buff that was proposed and talked about up until the day the preview went live, they also didn't get around to applying half of the other changes that were listed in the preview.

One of the Pallybois ever put up a list of all the things that were in the preview notes that were not even in the previw. Then they fucked up the other half of the things they did put in the preview.

At this point Mechanics have nothing left to do but pull out your chair and take your order at the pub.

And did I mention I did the testing before I posted?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 9:08pm:
At this point Mechanics have nothing left to do but pull out your chair and take your order at the pub.

And did I mention I did the testing before I posted?

Assassin is also shitastic. No reason to play one over a bard. Ever.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
So true.

Well at least with this update they figured out a way to stop power creep....

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #13 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 10:12pm:
Well at least with this update they figured out a way to stop power creep....

And they made a cool video, isn't that better than making the class playable?

I mean, they're devs, they're not going to play the game or anything, but that video will look great in their portfolio when they're job hunting.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint